Old 03-31-2010, 04:00 AM
You A Donor?

On your drivers license are you listed as a donor... yes or no?

Yes.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:27 AM
God yes.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:10 AM
Is this pertaining to organ donation?

Because over here, it's not on our driver's licenses but rather, there is a separate card that you have to carry around with you. But yeah, in any case, I'm a donor.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:13 AM
I don't have a driver's license. So, I guess that I'm not a donor.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:38 AM
Yep. Although I doubt they will be much of use after I am done with them.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:47 AM
I'm a registered blood, stem cell and bone marrow doner. My health card also states that upon death, they can harvest me for organs. I won't need em when I'm dead
Old 03-31-2010, 11:19 AM
No way jose. The temple of my body will be for the worms and the dirt and no one else. Although I'm open to selling myself to cannibals so long as the proceeds don't go to freeloading orphans.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vong View Post
I'm a registered blood, stem cell and bone marrow doner. My health card also states that upon death, they can harvest me for organs. I won't need em when I'm dead
Oddly enough my health card says nothing of the sort nor do i see a place for such info to go. But anyways as far as i recall if anything i'm registered to give blood but that's about it.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
No way jose. The temple of my body will be for the worms and the dirt and no one else. Although I'm open to selling myself to cannibals so long as the proceeds don't go to freeloading orphans.
Nice.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:54 PM
I am but I also made sure to specify I want to be an organ donor only. I dont want to end up at some 2nd rate medical school with some schmuck sorting thru my innards to get a good grade.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:22 PM
Have been ever since I was old enough. Due to the fact that I have migraines, however, I am not allowed to be a blood donor. I set off a klaxon last time I tried to sneak a donation.

They really do have a file.

Last edited by Reigh Kaufman; 03-31-2010 at 07:18 PM..
Old 03-31-2010, 01:55 PM
I am not.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
Oddly enough my health card says nothing of the sort nor do i see a place for such info to go. But anyways as far as i recall if anything i'm registered to give blood but that's about it.
Only the new health cards have this. Whenever you apply for a new one, they ask you what organs (if any) you want to donate upon death. It says at the back of the card the word "Donor" and a code (mine says 9X). I offered every organ except my brain and my eyes; I want at least my brain to be in cryogenic storage so whenever science advances to the point of androids I would come back to life as one...and I don't want to be a blind zombie.

My reasonings are valid!!

And if you're registered to give blood to the Canadian Blood Donor service you should have a card.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vong View Post
Only the new health cards have this. Whenever you apply for a new one, they ask you what organs (if any) you want to donate upon death. It says at the back of the card the word "Donor" and a code (mine says 9X). I offered every organ except my brain and my eyes; I want at least my brain to be in cryogenic storage so whenever science advances to the point of androids I would come back to life as one...and I don't want to be a blind zombie.

My reasonings are valid!!

And if you're registered to give blood to the Canadian Blood Donor service you should have a card.
Yeah i actually had to rernew mine this year cause i didn't get it done on my b-day on the expiry year. My letters are XD but it doesn't say donor on the back or anywhere so i guess i'm not, i dunno lol.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamer581 View Post
Yep. Although I doubt they will be much of use after I am done with them.
haha
Old 03-31-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm a donor. Altho I'm liking the brain/eye cyborg idea Vong talked about.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:43 PM
For whoever asked: yeah, this is about organ doning.

I wish I could edit the title of this thread... the capital A is bothering me.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:46 PM
But I'm not a doctor dammit!
Old 04-04-2010, 08:05 PM
I am an organ donor.

I also carry around my blood donor card, even though I can't donate blood anymore.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
I also carry around my blood donor card, even though I can't donate blood anymore.
Isn't that dangerous, dude? What if you were in an emergency situation where you had blood taken from you while you were unconscious. Like, the medical people saw your card, and it says that you are a donor? And someone else was there that needed blood, and your blood type matches? It could kill you.

Do you see where I'm coming from? Or am I being stupid?
Old 04-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Do you see where I'm coming from?
Not a clue. I carry around my blood donor card so that if I need blood, the docs know what blood type I am.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Ah, got ya now. I was thinking of the reverse. Cuz you said blood donor. As in give blood. But you meant as in to recieve blood.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Isn't that dangerous, dude? What if you were in an emergency situation where you had blood taken from you while you were unconscious. Like, the medical people saw your card, and it says that you are a donor? And someone else was there that needed blood, and your blood type matches? It could kill you.

Do you see where I'm coming from? Or am I being stupid?
haha, I don't think they would just let you die for your blood. Obviously they have to try to and save both of you.. and if you have a chance to survive they're not gonna just take your blood so the other dude can survive. They'd have to find another way.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Ah, got ya now. I was thinking of the reverse. Cuz you said blood donor. As in give blood. But you meant as in to recieve blood.
I used to donate blood to the Red Cross regularly. They give you a card keeping track of how much you donate (you get a pin after a gallon, etc.) But due to circumstances, I'm unable to do so anymore. I've kept the card (cards really) and on the card its says what blood type I am.