Old 07-29-2010, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post

Unstoppable is another Tony Scott/ Denzel flick, so PG13 was expected.
Crimson Tide, Man on Fire and Taking of Pelham 123 have all been rated R. So while I agree that a PG-13 rating for Unstoppable was probably expected, I disagree that the reason it's expected is because of the those two pairing especially when half/most of their movies have been R.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Crimson Tide, Man on Fire and Taking of Pelham 123 have all been rated R. So while I agree that a PG-13 rating for Unstoppable was probably expected, I disagree that the reason it's expected is because of the those two pairing especially when half/most of their movies have been R.
ya... i thought about that after i had put that... Taking of Pelham was the one that made me think about that! I was just too lazy to go back and fix it, and was hoping no one would call me out on it.. thanks!!

I however have loved every one of their collaborations (Including Deja Vu) so I look forward ot this flick. I am one of the few that thought Taking of Pelham 123 was one of the best of last year, i just really loved that movie.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:03 AM
Quote:
I however have loved every one of their collaborations (Including Deja Vu) so I look forward ot this flick. I am one of the few that thought Taking of Pelham 123 was one of the best of last year, i just really loved that movie.
Well, I don't think The Taking of Pelham 123 is one of last year's best movies, but I too have enjoyed all of their collaborations. Deja Vu is totally underrated. Very cool movie. Though I'll also admit that I'm sucker for any movie involving time travel. It's just an endlessly fascinating subject matter to me.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Monsters - Rated R for language

Devil - Rated PG-13 for violence and disturbing images, thematic material and some language including sexual references

Machete - Rated R for strong bloody violence throughout, language, some sexual content and nudity

Mercy (2010) - Rated R for language
Old 08-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Very disappointing about Devil. Was really hoping for an R for that one.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:17 PM
nothing else would have sufficed for Machete

but ya, add me to that list of disappointed for the rating of PG13 on Devil... i think that makes that movie a wait for DVD now. Had it been R, i would have been more pumped to see it in theaters.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:21 PM
LOL! After watching the red band trailer for the movie, there is no way that Machete would be anything but rated R. If it had gotten a PG-13 rating that would mean that the movie would probably had been hacked to death in the editing room considering how violent the red band trailer was.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Monsters R rating is ridiculous. There are about 5 or 6 fucks in it, the rest of the film is at PG level. I guess they wanted a R.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCR View Post
There are about 5 or 6 fucks in it, the rest of the film is at PG level. I guess they wanted a R.
Only need 2 to get the R rating.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
Only need 2 to get the R rating.
Thats such bull. If theres no bad content other than some cursing, why give it an R rating? There was no reason to give the Hammer an R rating just because there were like 3 or 4 fucks.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:48 PM
American Splendor is the same thing. The only reason that movie is rated R is becuse there are like 5 "fuck"s in it. Although in that case, I think I read that the filmmakers did that intentionally - because the film was catored for mature audiences anyway, and they didn't want idiot kids wandering into it - it was meant to be a serious film for serious people, so they intentionally landed it an R.

It's still a ridiculous rule, though. It's just WORDS. Most kids have heard these words by the age of 6 anyway. So why are they still so tabboo? And why are you allowed to show extended sequences of naked female breats in PG-13 movies, but you're not allowed to say "fuck" twice? That's just messed up.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Actually, I seem to recall the movie Hero with Dustin Hoffman, Andy Garcia and Gena Davis, actually saying fuck a total of 3 or 4 times in that movie and that had a PG-13 rating. It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I do seem to remember that. It had kind of surprised me.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Older movies got away with more things, ilovemovies. Hell, back in the glory days of the 80's, you could get away with a "fuck" and with boobs in a PG-rated film.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotreme View Post
Older movies got away with more things, ilovemovies. Hell, back in the glory days of the 80's, you could get away with a "fuck" and with boobs in a PG-rated film.
hell ya! Greatest use of the word fuck is from the PG rated Beatlejuice:

"Nice Fuckin Model *Honk* *Honk*"!
Old 08-08-2010, 04:54 PM
The PG-13 is a turn off.

Quite playing it safe and take some damn risks.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:06 AM
Quote:
I love the random boob shot in Airplane. Ha!
Old 08-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Avatar Special Edition - Rated PG-13 for intense epic battle sequences and warfare, sensuality, language and some smoking.

127 Hours - Rated R for language and some disturbing violent content/bloody images.

Black Swan - Rated R for strong sexual content, disturbing violent images, language and some drug use.

The Virginity Hit- Rated R for strong crude and sexual content, nudity, pervasive language, drug and alcohol use.

Inside Job - Rated PG-13 for some drug and sex-related material.

Buried - Rated R for language and some violent content.

Easy A - Rated PG-13 for mature thematic material involving teen sexuality, language, and some drug material.

The Town - Rated R for strong violence, pervasive language, some sexuality and druge use.

Resident Evil: Afterlife - Rated R for sequences of strong violence and language.

Alpha & Omega - Rated PG for rude humor and some mild action.

Pirhana 3D - Rated R for sequences of strong bloody horror violence and gore, graphic nudity, sexual content, language and some drug use.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Actually, I seem to recall the movie Hero with Dustin Hoffman, Andy Garcia and Gena Davis, actually saying fuck a total of 3 or 4 times in that movie and that had a PG-13 rating. It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I do seem to remember that. It had kind of surprised me.
The thing with "Fucks" is you can say it as much as you want in a movie as long as it doesnt have a sexual connotation to it. Which is why that one war movie Gunner's Palace has like 27 fucks in it. So, you can't say "fuck you" because that would be implying you have sex with yourself but you can say "what the fuck?" all you want.

The MPAA is fucking retarded. (<--- That sentence would be allowed in a PG-13 movie as many times as you wanted to use it.)
Old 08-11-2010, 06:53 PM
This Film is Not Yet Rated: one hell of a documentary that anyone interested in the kind of ridiculousness of the MPAA should watch.

I can not wait for The Town, the trailer looked amazing. Figured it was going to be R, but glad it is official.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:51 PM
This Film is not Yet Rated is the 2nd best documentary i've seen.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-dae-su View Post
This Film is not Yet Rated is the 2nd best documentary i've seen.
What's the first?
Old 08-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirate View Post
What's the first?
The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters
Old 08-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Quote:
The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters
great documentary.

DId you hear that the dude Billy or whatever his name was, the ass hole of the movie, just reclaimed the title for Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. like last week?!
Old 08-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
great documentary.

DId you hear that the dude Billy or whatever his name was, the ass hole of the movie, just reclaimed the title for Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. like last week?!
Yeah, that pissed me the fuck off.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:22 AM
Loving the rating for Piranha 3D. Why did the official rating come so late though?
Old 08-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Slow this week

Legend of the Guardians: The Legend of how Zack Snyder went from Watchmen to This - Rated PG for some sequences of scary action.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
Loving the rating for Piranha 3D. Why did the official rating come so late though?
battling an NC-17 i think
Old 08-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
In Dusnton Checks In which is a PG movie there is a scene where Jason Alexander yells:"HOLY SHIT"! Yup the mention an S bomb in a PG movie. And in Warriors of Virtue which is also a PG movie an A bomb(Asshole) is mentioned. MPAA can suck our collective asses.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJellyfingers View Post
battling an NC-17 i think
You think that was more for the ridiculous violence and gore or the gratuitous nudity?
Old 08-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirate View Post
You think that was more for the ridiculous violence and gore or the gratuitous nudity?
both
Old 08-26-2010, 11:13 AM
I read that Faster with The Rock is going to be rated R which makes me more excited for it. The only R rated movie I recall The Rock doing is Doom and this looked like it was more serious than the typical PG-13 action films.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:19 AM
Last week...

Bran Nue Dae - Rated PG-13 for sexual content and drug use.

Catfish - Rated PG-13 for some sexual references.

Faster - Rated R for strong violence, some drug use and language.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
That is badass!
Old 08-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
I read that Faster with The Rock is going to be rated R which makes me more excited for it. The only R rated movie I recall The Rock doing is Doom and this looked like it was more serious than the typical PG-13 action films.

Southland Tales
Old 09-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Let Me In - Rated R for strong bloody horror violence, language and a brief sexual situation.

Love and Other Drugs -Rated R for strong sexual content, nudity, pervasive language, and some drug material.

Perrier's Bounty - Rated R for violence, pervasive language, some drug use and sexual content.

Life During Wartime - Rated R for strong sexual content, brief nudity, and language including some disturbing dialogue.

Human Centipede..wha..didn't this already come out? - Rated R for disturbing sadistic horror violence, nudity and language.

Hereafter - Rated PG-13 for mature thematic elements including disturbing disaster and accident images, and for brief strong language.

Made in Dagenham - Rated R for language and brief sexuality.

Another Year - Rated PG-13 for some language.

The Illusionist (2010) - Rated PG for thematic elements and smoking.

Brotherhood - Rated R for pervasive language, some violence and sexual content.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
[b]

Love and Other Drugs -Rated R for strong sexual content, nudity, pervasive language, and some drug material.

Isnt that one with Anne Hathaway??? Rated R for Nudity... Nice!
Old 09-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjohng View Post
Southland Tales
I couldn't remember if that was R or PG-13. It was horrible either way.

Human Centipede came out like 6 months ago. Life During Wartime came out a few months ago as well.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Yes, that is NICE! I hope Hathaway does have some nudity. It's not like she's been shy of showing us the goods before. Havoc, Brokeback Mountain.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
*Raises the roof*
Old 09-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Quote:
I've heard that both her and Jake show a decent amount of skin in it. I also hear it's going to be quite the Oscar contender come Oscar season...