Old 04-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Comics Reviewed--The Thread

Starting a single big thread for our new column, Comics Reviewed. Jeb's Nemesis review already seems to be attracting some controversy...
Old 08-19-2010, 11:43 AM
New column up: http://joblo.com/index.php?id=33534

Now with Talking Points:
Wonder Woman's new costume? Really not that bad.

No one seems to care about Brightest Day the way they cared about Blackest Night.

Wildstorm comics don't have much going for them now that Ex Machina is over.

Discuss.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:31 PM
What's ironic is that I don't dislike Wonder Woman's original costume at all. I don't get it when people say it's silly or outdated or whatever. It's iconic. Superman and Batman run around in longjohns and no one suggests that their costumes desperately need to be changed. If anything, I think WW looks less silly than they do. Any questions of "why is she running around in her underwear?" apply equally to all the other superheroes too. But the new costume is decent enough.

What sounds dopey about the new Wonder Woman (I haven't read it) is that JMS has apparently removed big chunks of her backstory that make her interesting and turned her into a generic "heroes' journey" protagonist. Apparently she's now in her early 20s, she's got no homeland, and they're going with the whole "chosen one" storyline that always makes me fall asleep. Boooooooring.