Old 08-12-2010, 07:36 PM
BioShock: Infinite

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/de...nfinite/702795

I don't think I have any jizz left after watching that. As much as I liked BioShock 2, it's good to see the series back in the hands of Ken Levine, and using a new location is a very good idea. A floating city will still give you that sense of isolation that was so great about BioShock. 2012 can't come soon enough.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Wow, this has brought me back my interest into the series. I went through Bioshock 2 because of the story, but don't really have any inclination to go through it again. I'm really interested on what they are gonna do with this one.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Here's a really awesome article from Kotaku. It talks about the live demo they gave.

http://kotaku.com/5607451/bioshock-i...into-the-skies
Old 08-12-2010, 09:34 PM
thanks for the link

I really, really loved the first game way back when. I was completely unimpressed with the trailers for the second. The idea of playing a big daddy seemed cold and uncompelling. I wasn't even aware that it wasn't the same creative team as the first, it just didn't look like a true sequel. One that takes risks and truly raises the bar.

This... this certainly does just that. I'm stoked to know it's the same creative team behind the first as well. I may give this one a whirl in two years.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Precisely what APzombie said.

Bioshock 2 bored me to tears and felt like a waste of time, even though I only borrowed it from a friend. This game, however, looks interesting. I would be lying if I didn't say I'm still a bit wary. Bioshock 2 made the Big Daddy idea tiring for me. Here's to hoping that Infinity really reinvigorates the story.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:54 PM
As far as I can tell, the only link that BioShock and BioShock Infinite have are the thematic elements; otherwise the game stands on its own as a story. It's kind of like how the Final Fantasy games are related.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfd3657 View Post
As far as I can tell, the only link that BioShock and BioShock Infinite have are the thematic elements; otherwise the game stands on its own as a story. It's kind of like how the Final Fantasy games are related.
Ah, I didn't read the interview. The setting is obviously going to be completely different. No Big Daddies I guess... unless there's some kind of sheikh scuba-themed skydiving gear the bastards are rocking out with?
Old 08-12-2010, 10:35 PM
I actually loved both the first one and the second one. This looks pretty cool. But the heart in the helmet looks so awesome.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:24 AM
great action in the second but the story and location was just tired. wicked traler for infinite
Old 08-13-2010, 10:40 AM
I liked Bioshock 2 a lot, and the original stands as arguably my favorte game of its generation. Natrually, I'm excited for this.

But the Bioshock game I still want is a prequel that shows us Rapture in a new light (thriving before the fall) and we get to watch its descent... I don't want an entirely new location. But whatever.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:57 AM
I'm currently still playing the first Bioshock, haven already beaten Bioshock 2, I wasn't too impressed. When I first saw the trailer a few assumptions popped into my head as to how this game and location fits into the Bioshock cannon. I think it's very possible Andrew Ryan was inspired by the floating city of Columbia, but felt it was too influenced by the government and religious cults. This is definitely on my list for must have.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
I'm currently still playing the first Bioshock, haven already beaten Bioshock 2, I wasn't too impressed. When I first saw the trailer a few assumptions popped into my head as to how this game and location fits into the Bioshock cannon. I think it's very possible Andrew Ryan was inspired by the floating city of Columbia, but felt it was too influenced by the government and religious cults. This is definitely on my list for must have.
They haven't quite stated yet if it is indeed in the same universe as the first BioShock, but they have stated that it's a whole new, completely unrelated story.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfd3657 View Post
They haven't quite stated yet if it is indeed in the same universe as the first BioShock, but they have stated that it's a whole new, completely unrelated story.
I think this is complete bull. I'm sure there will be several nods to Bioshock, but I find it hard that a city like Columbia would be more advance than Rapture when Rapture was built almost 40 years later; there must be some sort of connection.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:15 AM
Honestly, I'm shocked that Ken Levine and his team returned to make the new Bioshock. I had no idea he was working on Infinite. Originally, I was pretty down on the game but that piece of new info alone all of sudden brings me to care and be excited a whole lot more now.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:33 AM
In my own head, I consider this Bioshock 2 and not what 2K Marin produced(piece of shit). I HATED Bioshock 2 and the story sucked IMO. Being in a new city is a fantastic idea and I'm pretty freakin stoked for this. I wonder if they will have a Andrew Ryan like character in the game. I found his quite memorizing in the original Bioshock.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
I think this is complete bull. I'm sure there will be several nods to Bioshock, but I find it hard that a city like Columbia would be more advance than Rapture when Rapture was built almost 40 years later; there must be some sort of connection.
The trailer signaled that Infinite is a first-person return to the style of idea-driven historical science fiction of BioShock, but set in the skies. Later, Levine would tell me that the game is thematically tied to the work he did in first BioShock in that it is another game about a strange and yet strangely familiar place as well as about expressive, variable gameplay. He doesn't call it prequel though and drew no narrative connections between the BioShocks we have played and the one his team is making. "I don't want to think about that," Levine said to me. "I don't think it's particularly constructive to have that conversation."

He doesn't particularly state outright that it doesn't have any ties whatsoever to BioShock 1, but you get the idea.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:39 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/te...nfinite/704931

oh lord! incredible
Old 09-22-2010, 08:41 AM
It's out in 2012 so the gameplay actually looking like that is a realistic possibility.

But 2012...so far away.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
HOLY.SHIT.

*rummages through closet for time machine*
Old 09-23-2010, 02:12 PM
OMFG!!
Old 09-23-2010, 07:27 PM
LOVE IT.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:26 AM
looks like this may just blow the other two RIGHT OUT OF THE WATER
Spoiler:
Old 10-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahs View Post
looks like this may just blow the other two RIGHT OUT OF THE WATER
Spoiler:
I hope that was met with RAPTURE-ous applause...

...yeah.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:53 PM
BioShock Infinite Premium and Ultimate Songbird Editions Announced for 2/26

All of the big holiday shopping season video games pushed BioShock Infinite to the back of my brain. Today Irrational Games and 2K Games brought it back into our minds by announcing the BioShock Infinite Premium Edition and BioShock Infinite Ultimate Songbird Edition, both of which are now available for pre-order.
The Premium Edition incldues what 2K Games is calling a "giant pile of swag." Take a look at the list and be the judge: a 3-inch baby version keychain of the sold-out Murder of Crows vigor bottle replica; 5 x 7-inch lithograph by Jorge Lacera; 25 millimeter, resin-cast Handyman miniature from the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game by Plaid Hat Games, makers of Summoner Wars; A mini art book, full of BioShock Infinite concept art and commentary, with a hand-distressed cover; and various digital goodies: exclusive in-game gear, a digital soundtrack, and platform specific downloadable content (Avatars for Xbox LIVE, and Themes for PC and PlayStation 3).

The real treat comes in the Ultimate Songbird Edition and is, you guessed it, a giant Songbird statue. The statue was designed by Robb Walters, the man behind Little Sisters and the Songbird as seen in the game. Drool over it in the picture below.

That's not all. The Ultimate Songbird Edition has the Songbird statue packed in its own period-style window box within the outer box so it can be kept "mint in box" while still leaving access to everything else in the set. The Murder of Crows keychain, and the Handyman also come in their own little custom packages within the larger outer box.

The BioShock Infinite Premium Edition and BioShock Infinite Ultimate Songbird Edition are not up for pre-order yet, but I'll be sure to let you know when they are. All editions of BioShock Infinite will be available in stores beginning February 26, 2013.

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/BioSho...nnounced/11458

BIOSHOCK: INFINITE (GAME) = $59.99
BIOSHOCK: INFINITE - PREMIUM EDITION= $79.99
BIOSHOCK: INFINITE - ULTIMATE SONGBIRD EDITION=$149
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bioshock.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	10818   Click image for larger version

Name:	bioshockstatue.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	10819  
Old 10-21-2012, 01:38 PM
I haven't purchased a game in five years, the last time being....Bioshock. This game looks so God damn good it's convinced me to buy it, though.

But I have a question for everyone: how close do you figure the final product will be to the previews? I can remember from the days I played games that often times unbelievable looking demo footage had a sort of toss-up relation to the final product. I know I may be stretching some memory (I don't really know any recent games) but the examples I would use were 2004 when everyone was drooling over the footage from Half Life 2 and Doom 3, one turned out amazing and the other was a huge disappointment.

The footage on this though is the best I have seen in a really long time though.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Always check the disclaimer before, during or after a trailer. If it says "actual gameplay" footage, or "Gameplay Trailer", these are 100% true video representations on what to expect from the game upon release.

It's common practice for game companies to release pre-rendered game footage to use as trailers. That is, they are videos not generated from a consumer console but rather a high-speed version of a console or even just a suped-up computer.

It's easy to be tricked that way.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:50 PM

Apparently there is some people getting upset at the box art, seen above. I dunno I think it looks pretty cool. But seriously who cares about box art it's the sequel to one of the best games of all time.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Are people getting upset because the American flag is burning in the background? If so, give me a break.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Loved the first Bioshock, one of the few games I played to see the story rather than for the gameplay itself (it's damn good but a bit repetitive). Never played the second.

Recently played a demo of Infinite and, HOLY SHIT, this game is going to kick major ass. They have you on a floating city jumping around on rails, and the physics of the whole thing just blew my mind. I got severe motion sickness after playing for a few minutes, and I mean that in a good way; the camera is so fluid and hyperactive I was amazed they could actually do that in a game.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:30 PM
BioShock Infinite Launch Is Delayed Til March 26th

BioShock Infinite has been delayed an additional four weeks for some extra polish, Irrational Games' Creative Director, Ken Levine has announced at an event for the game today. Infinite had been scheduled to launch globally on February 26th, 2013, but it'll now surface a month later.

"Okay, guys, I have some bad news," said Levine. ‘When Rod [Fergusson, Epic's former Production Director] came on the project a couple of months ago – and this dude is living in a hotel nearby because he really wanted to work on Infinite – he really fell in love with the game. But he said, 'look, Ken, I really think the game would benefit from three or four more weeks'.

"I thought ahead to this conversation and went 'Oh God!'," Levine continued. "But at the end of the day, we've got to ship a great game. So if it's three or four more weeks, then it's three or four more weeks. So it's March 26th, now."

Announced in 2010, BioShock Infinite had been slated for a mid-October 2012 launch, before being pushed into February 2013 in a bid to make the game "into something even more extraordinary". It'll now be launching on March 26th, 2013. No doubt, it'll be worth the wait.

Source: X360A

other sources: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/...-delayed-again, http://www.gamespot.com/news/bioshoc...-again-6401224
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mi-imagen-de-Bioshock-Infinite-24504.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	11063  

Last edited by Ruly2; 12-11-2012 at 08:35 PM..
Old 01-18-2013, 09:59 PM
Still tossing around whether or not to get the limited edition or not, but one thing is for sure, I AM GETTING THIS! BioShock and BioShock 2 are two of my favorite games from this generation.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:55 PM
This looks like it could be really good, but I'm one of the few that just couldn't get into the first Bioshock. I loved the demo that I played, but when it came to playing the actual game itself, it just wasn't doing it for me. There was too much back tracking, the map was confusing, but the things that turned me off the most were the stasis pod save system and the vending machines. I fucking hated the vending machines.

Infinite looks like it is going to be that same kind of open world system, so I'm not sure I'll like it.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:50 PM
So the game unlocks tonight at midnight. Already got it preloaded on my PC and i'm freakin stoaked!

I took the day off work tomorrow so that i could get in on the goodness when it unlocks tonight. Also been playing the original Bioshock to get back into the gameplay mechanics.

Can't wait to zip around on the skyrails!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:33 PM
Tomorrow!

Old 03-26-2013, 02:18 PM
About 3-4 hrs in and this game is wicked.

The only down side for me so far is only being able to carry 2 weapons. I mean you can sub your vigors in and out at any time so why not weapons? Perhaps there will be an upgrade later to increase gun capacity.

I'm liking the the whole fire/charge aspect of the vigors. Its gonna make the later fights good fun.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm an hour or three in it, and by god is this game gorgeous. The entrance into Columbia was so ethereal and haunting that I would've been happy shelling out 60 bucks for that sequence alone. Then, walking around town threw another hour of simply taking everything in.

Yeah, i kind of love this game right now.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:28 AM
7 hours in and this game just gets better and better.

Some interesting bits in the story so far. Shit just got crazy though, can't wait to see where it leads.

This game is another reason why i love games and Animation in general. In live action there are a lot of times where they just need to find a location and shoot. In animation you have to creat everything you see. There is such a richness in this game its crazy!

Can't wait to play some more tonight.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:56 PM
Finished the game and wow. Was tough to not cry. Amazing story and game.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:31 PM
Sick so far. About 10 hours in. Game hit a bit of a lull when looking for the gun dealer (Chin or whatever his name was). Just seemed like we were on a wild goose hunt. But still loving it.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:03 PM
So quick question to those of you playing the game (and those of you who have finished).

I just got to Commstock House. I assume I'm pretty deep into the game, given I have all of the vigors and have collected more than half of the voxophones and stuff. So far, I have not seen any direct connection between this game and the other two. I mean, there are clear parallels (Andrew Ryan and Commstock, Fontaine and Fitzroy, Elizabeth and the little sisters, the Hawk creature and the Big Daddies, and obviously Columbia and Rapture) but there has been no mention of the world established in the original Bioshock.

So my question (and please try your best to answer without spoilers): did I miss something? Was there a reference, maybe a voxophone or something subtle, to Rapture or anything from the original? Or, at this point of the game, is there not supposed to be a direct link?