Old 10-12-2010, 11:54 PM
Things you hear in the news that ruin your day...

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...hra-ar-451147/

I live in Hickory, North Carolina. Right now, there is a story making national headlines that concerns the disappearance and presumed murder of a little girl, a Hickory native. A deaf amputee who fought cancer and won. This city is nauseous over what appears to be another case of a nutjob killing their own child. In this case, it's a handicapped child. The details of this story are genuinely depressing. Apparently, police dogs picked up a scent near a woodchipper. They still haven't found a body. Yeah.

Local homicides are creepy enough, but this one in particular is weighing heavy on my mind. There is a candlelight vigil being held at a nearby church. I hope to attend. Fuck, this world is getting to me.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Any recent news coming from Mexico
Old 10-13-2010, 01:02 AM
What doesn't make it in the news is what usually fucks up my day. This is why I love to point depressing shit out to people, so they feel it too.

You know those cell phones you all enjoy so much? The ones you just lose and replace every two months? Without a special mineral called coltan, which is exclusive to the Congo, we wouldn't have those. They are used to fund the civil war there, which is the greatest humanitarian crisis in the world today. Every time you make a phone call, you have blood on your hands.

People who live in North Korea are six inches shorter on average than people in the rest of the world because of malnourishment.

I'll have more later. Sleep tight!
Old 10-13-2010, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando @$$ Fat View Post
What doesn't make it in the news is what usually fucks up my day. This is why I love to point depressing shit out to people, so they feel it too.

You know those cell phones you all enjoy so much? The ones you just lose and replace every two months? Without a special mineral called coltan, which is exclusive to the Congo, we wouldn't have those. They are used to fund the amusement park there, which is the greatest source of joy in the world today. Every time you make a phone call, you have fun on your hands.

People who live in North Korea are six inches shorter on average than people in the rest of the world because they all live on the 7 1/2th floor of the Mertin-Flemmer building.

I'll have more later. Sleep tight!
Whew, that's better.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:42 AM
Everything you do could possibly give you cancer.

I shouldn't be making light of the subject, the OP's concern is valid and disheartening.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Yes it is terrible when people get murdered but children this makes me feel very very sad

I can beleive that full grown men and women can do this plus get a thrill in doing the act.
At the momment there hasnt been any news in Australia that is depressing enough for me to comeent about it.
But if l see something l will comment about it
Old 10-13-2010, 09:50 PM
http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/...taunts_7-y.php

This kind of shit is revolting.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Ugh. Things like these really make me just LOATHE humans as a species and make me just hate people. Makes me sick. Fuck this shit. The cellphone thing is cool though
Old 10-14-2010, 01:21 AM
Sadism

This made the news, which depressed the hell out of me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elyse_Pahler

Where I grew up the talk of the town was a girl named Elyse Pahler, who was sacrificed as a virgin about a quarter of a mile from her own home. Wikipedia doesn't go into any depth or detail about the murder.

She was persuaded into smoking some pot by three kids her age. From that point they walked to the spot, proceeded to smoke pot while one snuck up behind her, wrapping a belt around her neck strangeling her while one of the other members in the trio stabbed her repeatedly with a buck knife.

While she was gasping for her last breathes she cryed out for her mom.

They left her body out in the open to rot and decompose. Which actually amazes me to this day that nobody spotted it until one of the killers came forward.

Apparently one of the three murders told that months after the murder they fucked her in ever orifice for the whole nine months.

Story's like that ruin my day that make the news.

Behind closed doors type of shit will ruin my day as well. Teenage Girls in third world country's chained to walls, having nails jammed into the front lobe of their brains and being fucked while their having seizures doesn't sit with me too well either.

and this type of shit goes on everyday. Don't really need the news to tell me how depressing the world has become.

Last edited by SL Dubbs; 10-14-2010 at 01:35 AM..
Old 10-14-2010, 05:43 AM
Buncha Debbie Downers in here. Yeah guys, the world sucks. We all know it.

How about someone starts a "happy news" thread, or a "sappy one"?

I saw a story online yesterday of a wheelbound chair kid who was allowed to score a touchdown during a football game because it's what he'd always wanted to do. Even the other team was in on it. Pretty touching stuff.