Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Sports
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillingworth View Post
Boxers used to be perceived as the baddest dudes because that was how people thought of fighting, and by people I mean your average schlub.
Different tactics, different sports. Boxers typically have more finesse and punching power than most MMA fighters and I'm sure that would somehow play out in a real fight; but MMA fighters have a more well-rounded game, so I don't think you can just say that one is better equipped than the other. That's fine if you see it that way, but I don't think it's fair to say that only schlubs are impressed with boxers. I know we're both trying to avoid a pointless boxing vs. MMA debate but when you say things like that it's hard not to take offense.

Lesnar lost, as I predicted. I would say he should take a few more easy opponents, but he's at that age where he needs to take the big fights now.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:01 AM
Lesnar will still be a very dangerous guy in the division, he could beat guys like Brendan Schaub, Roy Nelson, Gabriel Gonzaga and Cheick Kongo, but I dont see him becoming champion again...

Old 10-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canto View Post
Lesnar will still be a very dangerous guy in the division, he could beat guys like Brendan Schaub, Roy Nelson, Gabriel Gonzaga and Cheick Kongo, but I dont see him becoming champion again...
Agreed. His size will always make him a formidable opponent, even if he lacks striking skills and has poor stamina. He'll be a test opponent for future champions.

I also think he won't be champion again, for these reasons: a.) his lack of stamina is appalling. I don't know what his workout routine is, but I don't think he gets much cardiovascular exercise at all, if any. He should ignore the fucking weight room and get to work on his pitiful lack of energy if he expects to be a force in the division. At least 45-60 minutes of running each day during training camp. b.) boxing skills won't just come to him. He's 33 already. He's been fighting the same one-dimensional way his whole career. He's a wrestler, not a puncher. That is embedded into his style. c.) he got into the game too late. He benefited from beating a once-great, faded ex-champion and avenged a bad loss. He had a fast rise in the sport and, once he was exposed, had a dramatic fall.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:17 AM
I dont think his stamina is that bad, he just got completely worked and beat up in every aspect of the fight by Cain that he couldnt keep going
Old 10-26-2010, 12:37 AM
Bummer... my boy lost After being dominated by Carwin and now Cain, I don't think he'll be champ again.

Can't believe it's most likely going to be Lesnar/Mir III. Should be Cain/Dos Santos, Lesnar/Carwin II with the winner of that facing the winner of Cain/Dos Santos.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofKings2525 View Post
Can't believe it's most likely going to be Lesnar/Mir III. Should be Cain/Dos Santos, Lesnar/Carwin II with the winner of that facing the winner of Cain/Dos Santos.
This seems like a logical move.

Quote:
I dont think his stamina is that bad, he just got completely worked and beat up in every aspect of the fight by Cain that he couldnt keep going
I agree that he got outworked, but I still think he has poor stamina. He showed it in the Carwin fight and he showed it against Cain.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:22 AM
Looks like the big fish swallowed up the little fish... WEC will merge with UFC. Sounds pretty cool to me. UFC will inherit the fighters and add 2 extra weight divisions to their roster. I'm up for that. The featherweights throw on a good fight.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/10/2...merge-in-2011/

Guess we'll be seeing Jose Aldo fight Frankie Edgar in due time or whoever is the top dog in the UFC by the time it's official.

Last edited by Cop No. 633; 10-29-2010 at 02:24 AM..
Old 10-29-2010, 05:15 AM
Aldo is gonna tear through the lightweights, this is gonna be crazy. First Im sure they will merge the WEC/UFC Lightweight titles with the winner of Henderson/Pettis and Edgar/Maynard.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Aldo is gonna tear through the lightweights, this is gonna be crazy.
Ha. One of the few fights I would lay money on is Aldo / Penn. I got Penn all day. His standup is better, that's right I said it, and he has the other two dimensions that Aldo doesn't seem to have at all, wrestling and BJJ. Aldo's competition this far has got people way too wound up. When 145 becomes a UFC division, and he starts eyeing upward, he's gonna get a wake-up call right fast.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:24 AM
122 last weekend felt pretty flat. I fully expected Marquardt to win against Okami, and was pretty disappointed in the fight overall, which I thought would be better. I liked that Bang won but the last round of that fight was just weird, and I thought Reljic would put up a better fight against Soszynski. The highlight of the night was Dennis Siver, who looked absolutely outstanding.

Anyway, here's my dipshit prediction video for 123 if anyone wants to watch it. I don't blame you if you don't.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDqr-JUgYU4

I'll go ahead and do my predictions. Once again I'm leaving off the fights that I don't know enough about.

Karo Parisyan vs Dennis Hallman - Hallman hasn't looked impressive in a long time, and while Karo's not the contender he once was, I see him controlling this fight in every aspect. Parisyan by decision.

Tyson Griffin vs Nick Lentz - Griffin's going to control this. I don't see anywhere where Lentz can pose any problems. Griffin by decision.

Matt Brown vs Brian Foster - This should be a good one, and I'm glad we're getting to see it on Spike. I expect Brown to make a fight out of it, but unfortunately his ground game is going to make problems for him again. Foster by sub.

Mark Munoz vs Aaron Simpson - Munoz has looked great in his last few fights, including that loss to Okami where he did better than most expected, while Simpson hasn't impressed since Ed Herman. This should be another good one, and I think it will be three rounds of awesomeness leading to a decision for Munoz.

George Sotiropoulos vs Joe Lauzon - I don't see anywhere that Lauzon can win this fight. George will get it to the ground and just outhustle him, and work to the point that Lauzon will be a little tired in the second. Sotiropoulos by second-round sub.

Gerald Harris vs Maiquel Falcao - Falcao is a true Chute Boxe product who has been impressive as hell in vale tudo, but the UFC is a whole other world with a completely different kind of fighter. I truly hope Falcao draws Harris into a firefight, as he's so fond of doing, and scores an early KO, but I don't see it happening. It's more likely that Harris will control Falcao, tire him down, and TKO him in the second.

Phil Davis vs Tim Boetsch - If I were gonna bet on a fight on this card, it'd be this one. Davis is gonna wreck Boetsch, take him down and smash him, either in the first or the second. I'm going with the first.

Matt Hughes vs BJ Penn - I'm picking Hughes by D, but this fight scares me as a Hughes fan. BJ has already demonstrated that he's the anti-wrestler, as really no one whose name isn't GSP has been able to control him on the ground, and I think he has better striking than Hughes too. So this is going to be a very tough fight for Country Breakfast. But as a fan, I can't call it against him, so Hughes by decision it is.

Lyoto Machida vs Rampage Jackson - Honestly, this has a lot to do with how Rampage approaches the fight. If he comes in looking to wrestle, to get inside and play a clinch game, then things swing in his favor. But I think it's more likely that he tries to box with Machida, who will use distance and range to pepper Rampage and rack up points to a decision. Machida by D.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Top to bottom this looks to be one of the best cards the UFC has put on in a while, I'll just chime in on the main and co-main events.

Hughes Vs. Penn = Hughes by Submission (Unless Penn gets his back by some miraculous reversal, I don't see be winning this one, even if he does have better stand-up... by far.)

Machida Vs. Rampage = Machida by TKO (Rampage is way too aggressive for this to go to a decision, so Machida is going to shine. I'm kind of expecting Rampage to try to turn it into a clinch game, but he'll stop when Machida throws his ass down a few times.)
Old 11-20-2010, 07:11 PM
UFC 123 Predictions:

Karo Parisyan vs Dennis Hallman

Tyson Griffin vs Nick Lentz

Matt Brown vs Brian Foster

Mark Munoz vs Aaron Simpson

George Sotiropoulos vs Joe Lauzon

Gerald Harris vs Maiquel Falcao

Phil Davis vs Tim Boetsch

Matt Hughes vs BJ Penn

Lyoto Machida vs Rampage Jackson
Old 11-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Predictions for Spike Prelims and PPV

Munoz
Brown
George
Harris
Davis
BJ
Lyoto

I'm really excited for this show. Only thing that has potential to be a bad fight is the main event which is such a huge styles clash. I figure Lyoto turns back into Lyoto 07 and beats Rampage in a dull decision.

BJ and Hughes could either way, but BJ seems really focused and looks to be in tremendous shape. It all comes down to his gas tank, but I think BJ is coming into this very determined and hungry to get back on top and he's my pick.

Undercard looks great. Harris and especially Davis are two guys who may become top contenders within the next year or so. It will be exciting to see how they continue to prosper. Munoz usually has fun fights and Lauzon/Sotiropolus should be great.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 11-20-2010 at 08:02 PM..
Old 11-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Holy shit. This is my most losing card as far as predictions in over a year. I sucked. Karo losing to Hallman that way sucked, as I was really hoping to see a resurgence from him. As for Griffin, I haven't seen the fight but from what I've read it was a close split D that the crowd boo'd. The Brown and Munoz fights went kinda how I thought, except that I expected Munoz/Simpson to be a lot better and Munoz to look a lot better.

The Sotiropoulos / Lauzon fight was great. Lauzon fared much better than I figured in the first round. I knew his stand-up was gonna be better, but I didn't know it was gonna be that much better, and I though George would be able to take Lauzon down. Joe impressed me in the first, but it's similar to the Florian fight in that after the first round he seemed out of it. Davis / Boetsch was a showcase. The fight that surprised me the second most (aside from Penn/Hughes) was Harris / Falcao. Falcao came in looking like a completely different fighter than he has been in the past. I exected him to be a bit more cautious because he was dealing with a wrestler for basically the first time, but that third round was baffling. I guess he knew he won the first two and decided to coast, but that is surprising from what is usually such a throw-caution-to-the-wind aggressive guy. I attribute this to Octagon jitters, and hope next time we see him he doesn't do the same shit.

Penn / Hughes. Sigh. I was fully prepared for Hughes to lose, but not like that. This is a little too depressing for me to talk about right now.

The main event, I had Rampage winning the first by such a slim margin that I thought it could go either way, and definitely the second, while Machida had the third. I was hoping like hell that the judges disagreed with me on the first round, and would award Lyoto the decision, but bleh. It was a good fight, but the outcome disappoints the shit out of me. I would much rather see Lyoto back in the title hunt than Rampage.

It was a good night of fights, but disappointing to me from a fan standpoint. My biggest consolation is in three weeks, when Koscheck whoops GSP. That's gonna make my year.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:00 AM
I thought it was a great card. I fared well on my three choices. I was so glad to see BJ fight like his old self. He finished Hughes with great precision. That put a definitive end to their trilogy. I hope he keeps this fire going..

As for the Rampage/Machida decision I'm actually glad it went that way. Machida needs to learn that he can't play defense for 2 rounds and only decide to make the fight happen in the 3rd. He's going to keep losing if this is his strategy. I had Rampage up in the first two rounds simply because he pushed the pace while Machida mostly dodged his way to the 3rd when he finally decided to fight.

I give him credit for catching Rampage in the 3rd, but it was one exchange out of an entire fight. This loss should be a lesson for him to change his game plan. He needs to fight in all three rounds.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:34 AM
Machida won the first and third rounds in my opinion and caused the most significant damage of the fight, i really wish he would have pulled off that armbar.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:56 PM
He waited too long. That's why he lost. He did more damage, but only in the 3rd round. I had Rampage up in the 1st. The shots he actually landed were better than Machida's leg kicks which were minor. The knee he landed in the 2nd was much better than his kicks but Rampage still had that round. You have to also remember that Machida was running away for a good amount of the first 2 rounds and holding Rampage and not gaining any kind of advantage. It didn't help him at all. I think Machida just needs to learn that he can't win by coasting for two rounds and then deciding to fight in the end.

I think there should definitely be a rematch. I just hope he learns why he lost the fight otherwise he'll keep having this same problem.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Who saw the fights over the weekend? Three knock outs in a row. That was pretty stellar...

Antonio Silva got rocked for a whole round and whooped Mike Kyle's ass. It was beautiful. But the best knock out had to be Paul Daley's. Scott Smith hit the floor like a brick.

My friend was surprised Lawler knocked out Lindland but I sure as hell wasn't. After his knockout of Melvin Manhoof where he was getting destroyed, I'm not surprised at all. I had a feeling his speed would be an advantage over Lindland.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:28 AM
Yup, both cards were pretty good. A highlight for me was right after Lawler KO'd the fuck out of Lindland, he motioned for the ref to step in and then laid out Lindlands feet together on the ground, i guess to respect the guys lifeless body. In that moment I was thoroughly entertained.

And god dammit, Nam should have won that fight. Garcia didn't do a damn thing to deserve a decision win, Nam out struck him in almost every exchange in all three rounds almost knocking him out twice. Garcia never really controlled the action, even when he put Nam on his back he couldn't hold him there long enough to do any damage and besides a few good strikes in the second round he never really landed many clean shots on Nam besides on his arms as he was blocking.

I just can't believe it. It's insulting, Nam won by at least a mile.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:21 AM
Hopefully you all got to see tonights WEC, if not, you missed one of the greatest moves ever performed in MMA...

Old 12-17-2010, 07:08 AM
Jumping wall kick FTW.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:54 AM
That might have been my fight of the year.

I was staring at the tv in awe for five minutes at that Matrix kick.

Even without the kick you had a couple of near submissions and nonstop action. I had no idea who would win until that kick happened. I've never seen anything like it.

Fuck, I already miss the WEC.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 12-17-2010 at 11:58 AM..
Old 12-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Yeah, that fight was all over the place, fitting that it took it to a place that an MMA fight hasn't gone before. If that isn't a clear cut fight of the year, I don't know what is. The entire card had exciting fights, and that was just the icing on the cake. It's a new day and I'm still in disbelief.

I can't wait for one of those 2 guys to get a hold of Maynard and show him how to make an exciting fight.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunlopolnuD View Post
Hopefully you all got to see tonights WEC, if not, you missed one of the greatest moves ever performed in MMA...

I can watch this 900 times in a row and not get tired of it(actually considering it right now).

Pettis gets the winner of the upcoming Edgar and Maynard title fight. Hoping Edgar wins so Pettis can skull fuck him with his fist, followed with a few more off the cage kicks.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillingworth View Post
Anybody watched Primtime the last two weeks? I thought it did great for Lesnar's character. I hated him when he first came into the sport, because of the WWE stigma that he probably won't escape any time soon, and was overjoyed to see Mir sub him. When he fought Heath Herring I was really hoping Herring would pull out the win, despite the fact that he's pretty much a journeyman whose biggest asset is his toughness, and isn't very good at any one thing. Lesnar won, which didn't surprise me, and then was a douche in the postfight, which also didn't surprise me. Then he beat Randy Couture, which is when I started to gain some small measure of respect for him. Then came Mir, which didn't really surprise anyone, and his assbaggery after that fight was epic. His diverticulitis story had me angry, 'cuz I knew if he was permanently disabled all the douchebag know-nothing fans would be talking about how much he WOULD have done, if not blah blah. Against Carwin, he got his ass whipped in round one, and I gained that much more respect when he came back.

That is almost the extent of Lesnar's career, that I just talked about. How anyone can call someone so unproven "the best in the world" is completely fuckin beyond me. With Fedor, you have over 30 fights against top-flight competition where he didn't just win, most of the time he dominated. That can't even be said of Brock. Whereas Velasquez, that guy has not only gone undefeated, but has run through everyone in front of him, even Big Nog. I know, he didn't really run through Kongo in the normal sense of the term, but he did absolutely own every second of that fight besides the three or four where he was rocked, and that's the only time he's ever had to safe-bet it to a victory. How is Lesnar going to win this, honestly? What tools does he have that will lead anyone to believe he's going to? His ground and pound is hardly historic, beating Frank Mir that way proves nothing. Nor does beating an old-ass Couture whose chin was shot after losing to Chuck twice. I know, I hate it too, 'cuz I love Randy just as much as the next guy, but facts is facts. Lesnar "dominating" three guys means nothing, especially when you consider how well Randy did in the clinch and how Mir looked pretty fuckin good on the feet at the beginning of the second until he tried an ill-advised flying knee and put himself on his own ass. And by no stretch of the word did Brock dominate Carwin. It's Carwin's weaknesses that lost him that fight, that is painfully obvious.

Anyway, I came on here to say that I dig Lesnar's attitude in these Primetime episodes, and am actually starting to like the guy. But that's not gonna do him any good next weekend. How anyone can call this to Lesnar is a mystery to me.
Lesnar was never the baddest man on the planet by any regards, even by the means of fans. He was Dana White's cash cow/poster boy that stirred up controversy and put people's asses in seats for PPV'S. Just as Ortiz did.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:15 AM
"With Fedor, you have over 30 fights against top-flight competition"

Absolutely Wrong.

He never fought in the UFC. He has never, ever, fought top-fllight competition in their prime. I don't care how many of his fights people list. If you don't fight in the UFC, you're not fighting top-flight competition.

Cain will not "run through" the competition in that division as the Heavyweight champion. It's the nature of that particular weight class. Championship runs are short-lived.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:57 PM
You're a broken record. You don't know what you're talking about and you ramble on about the same thing over and over. You just have your panties in a bunch because the guy you've been saying was the best got his ass beat. Twice at that. And we all knew it was gonna happen. All your rants against Fedor isn't going to change the fact that everyone else still thinks he's a top fighter.

The UFC isn't perfect. Have you seen how they struggle to put on great cards? The last one was crap. Did anybody here even talk about it? Of course not. If you love the sport, you have to give credit to Strikeforce. Some of the best fights this year have been on their program. I prefer UFC but I'm not naive enough to say that you're only good if you fight in the UFC. Great fighters exist everywhere. It's not like Dana White is the sole judge of talent. He has quite a big ego himself. Nick Diaz isn't fighting in the UFC because he isn't "good enough" but more for bullshit business and image reasons. This happens often. Dan Henderson didn't leave the UFC because he "sucked." It had more to do with him wanting more money, which he deserved. So yeah, I think you have a completely naive view of the sport, especially with the way you were on Brock's nuts like he was actually going to be the greatest champion of all time. You fell for the hype machine.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:16 PM
King, your hate against Fedor is misguided, it really isn't based on anything substantial if not only minor details. The truth of the matter is during the reign of PRIDE FC, the UFC heavyweight division was in complete shambles and most top level competition fought in Japan or elsewhere. That's when Fedor was in his prime and at the top of his division, beating the shit out of everyone he faced. It's only been a handful of years since the UFC became the number 1 MMA organization and you're already saying "he never fought top level comp cuz the UFC is the best and he doesn't fight in the UFC"... not only is this untrue as he fought, KO'd, and tapped out two former UFC heavyweight champions (Silvia and Arlovski), but this is a grain of sand on a motherfucking beach, a minute and inaccurate detail, this sentiment does not accurately represent his career in MMA and also his impact on the sport. You're a simply another one of those fan-boys with no common knowledge, a mere pretender of knowledge. And I don't mean, like, you don't know what a gogoplata is or how effective a teep kick is, I mean as in you obviously don't quite get the timing of things, you know, when and how the sport evolved and how the playing field has changed so much in so little time and how it effects the players. Because if you truly did understand the big picture, you would appreciate Fedor a lot more than you do.

Fedor may or may not be the "best" heavyweight in the world these days but he would certainly beat Lesnar to the punch if both Cain and Shane can so easily. I would say Alistair, Werdum, Fedor, and perhaps Rogers are all top heavyweights the UFC has yet to [re]acquire. So who's to say who's the "best" heavyweight nowadays when the quote/unquote "top fighters" in the division fight for several organizations and haven't yet fought each other?
Old 12-22-2010, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPuppet View Post
You're a broken record. You don't know what you're talking about and you ramble on about the same thing over and over. You just have your panties in a bunch because the guy you've been saying was the best got his ass beat. Twice at that. And we all knew it was gonna happen. All your rants against Fedor isn't going to change the fact that everyone else still thinks he's a top fighter.
Honestly, I don't know how anyone couldn't predict the fall of Lesnar. No game, just size and some limited wrestling ability. I feel sorry for anyone who invested any emotion in him whatsoever. Maybe I'm just a hater but I can't wait to see him get out of MMA so some real athletes can make some noise, not a bunch of WWE freakshows looking to make a mockery of the sport.

Fedor is a legend. He's the best MMA fighter ever and an icon of the sport. Anyone who says otherwise is practicing revisionist history and simply spewing out whatever talking points Dana White has to offer.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Why do people still bother wasting their time on QueenOfQueens? He's a forum troll, and will go away if you simply don't feed him with replies. He knows nothing about anything, and pulls hyperbole out of his ass purely to stir shit up. He's already been banned for doing that (under the name Mr Hokey Pokey, if anyone remembers), and said he'd be on good behavior this time around, but that's been proven to have been bullshit. It might not be his fault, though - he probably can't help it. My guess is that there's some deep-seeded pathology in his psyche that drives him to seek gratification from frustrating strangers on the internet. Such pathologies can stem from abandonment issues, lack of affection, or deeply suppressed homosexual longing.*

*Disclaimer: I'm certainly not saying that any of these conditions are in fact the case for Queen, but from rather extensive leisure reading of psychology journals, I've learned that these causes are at least consistent with such behavior.

Please, don't mind the trolls.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicochetShaw View Post
Why do people still bother wasting their time on QueenOfQueens? He's a forum troll, and will go away if you simply don't feed him with replies. He knows nothing about anything, and pulls hyperbole out of his ass purely to stir shit up.
Whether it's his intention to troll or not, it's still a point that comes up a lot. People criticize Fedor for not being in UFC, which is ridiculous when you follow him throughout his career and see what he's done. It's the same dumb talking point that people like to regurgitate.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:51 AM
You guys are funny. Somebody disagree's with the majority and they are called a "troll". I don't even know what that term means. I guess I don't spend enough time here.

Please tell me which fighters not in the UFC are considered top-flight and in their prime that could beat Cain, GSP, or Spider in 9 out of 10 fights. Please, do tell.

I say 9 out of ten because everybody has a chance to win any match in the MMA. Seriously though, please name these "top flight" fighters who could dominate the real competition located in the UFC?

They don't exist. If they did, the UFC would be paying them.

Fedor would have done well in the UFC. That is shown by how badly he dominated other promotions. But, IN MY OPINION he wouldn't have won nearly as much as he did if he had been fighting real competition.

I'll come back after Bader whoops up on Bones Jones. Feel free to talk about Fedor lovingly without someone trying to call you on it.

Last edited by KingofKings2525; 12-24-2010 at 01:23 AM..
Old 12-24-2010, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Why do people still bother wasting their time on QueenOfQueens? He's a forum troll, and will go away if you simply don't feed him with replies. He knows nothing about anything, and pulls hyperbole out of his ass purely to stir shit up. He's already been banned for doing that (under the name Mr Hokey Pokey, if anyone remembers), and said he'd be on good behavior this time around, but that's been proven to have been bullshit. It might not be his fault, though - he probably can't help it. My guess is that there's some deep-seeded pathology in his psyche that drives him to seek gratification from frustrating strangers on the internet. Such pathologies can stem from abandonment issues, lack of affection, or deeply suppressed homosexual longing.*

*Disclaimer: I'm certainly not saying that any of these conditions are in fact the case for Queen, but from rather extensive leisure reading of psychology journals, I've learned that these causes are at least consistent with such behavior.

Please, don't mind the trolls.
Queen? Cute. Thanks, Asshole!

Former Moderator breaking the forum rules? Based on your limited knowledge of sports, I largely ignore you as well.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofKings2525 View Post
Queen? Cute. Thanks, Asshole!

Former Moderator breaking the forum rules? Based on your limited knowledge of sports, I largely ignore you as well.

Not to sound boastful, but I'm pretty excellent in trivia all-around. My interest in sports has waned in recent years as I've had less time for it (and after noticing the trivial nature of it... there are just more important things and interests to focus on, and we only have so much time), but my "sports knowledge" is still more expansive than anyone I've ever encountered in person. I'm sure there's probably a few schmoes here that know more than me in certain fields, but overall, I'm sure I'm near the tops even on this forum. I know the winner of every World Series, every NBA Finals, every Super Bowl, every Stanley Cup, every World Cup, and every college football and basketball championship (and of course, more nuanced things in addition to this). To explain this knowledge - I have a very good memory (not quite photographic), and a somewhat obsessive personality (that I've somewhat curved in more recent years). I used to routinely memorize things like that as a child (like list of US Presidents, national capitals, etc.), and it's been a hit at a couple of cocktail parties here and there.

In essence, I'm rather secure in my "sports knowledge," though I know you intend to make me feel belittled with your quip. But I'm not going to let a stranger who gets his kicks from lobbing insults and hyperbole on an internet forum affect this great day for me one bit. As a matter of fact, take a look through your post history, and take a gander of what the percentage of your posts are just hyperbolic, uninformed shit-stirring/insulting. If you have an ounce of self-reflection, you'll be started - or, you may just smile to yourself if it's your intention to come across this way. If so, then mission accomplished.

It's a shame we don't live closer so that we could have some sort of sports trivia face-off. I'm not normally a betting man, but I'd make a hefty wager on that outcome.

Lastly - I haven't posted in months. I've become so disenchanted with these forums because there are just too many posters like yourself around these days. I'm not sure what it is - if it's the more lax rules, or that the heydays of JoBlo forums are just gone (all good things must come to an end, right?). I've also just had less time since finishing college, starting work, and enjoying the hell out of one of the best places to live in the US - so it won't be too hard for you to ignore my less frequent, if not non-existent, posts.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:59 PM
I think from now on, I'm ignoring KingsofKings.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Don't know why people keep responding to the poster with the Kobe Bryant av. I forgot his screen name, too lazy to scroll up and read it, not that it fucking matters either way.

Everything he has posted has been wrong or absolutely retarded.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Why do people still bother wasting their time on QueenOfQueens?
I have no fucking idea. At this point it just seems a lot like pushing a paraplegic into traffic.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:05 PM
My UFC 125 main card predictions:

Frankie Edgar by Rear Naked Choke or Decision (Submission of the Night)
Chris Leben by TKO or Decision
Thiago Silva by KO (KO of the Night)
Nate Diaz by Guillotine Choke (Fight of the Night)
Clay Guida by Decision

Also im very excited for Dynamite!! 2010, huge card with a lot of big names, Alistair Overeem is going to destroy Todd Duffee.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:31 PM
I'm ready to laugh at the gloveless MMA fight with Bob Sapp at Dynamite.

Also, Cain Velasquez is out 4-6 months due to a shoulder injury.

FUCK!

I guess they can go with either Cigano vs Carwin or Cigano vs Brock for the Interim belt.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:19 PM
I would rather see Cigano/Mir since both Carwin and Brock lost their last fights, but i dont think they will do an interim title since they wouldnt do it for Rashad