Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > DVD, Blu-Ray & Home Theater Discussion
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahs View Post

Anyone watched House yet? So incredibly bizarre
I just watched it last night and all I can say is...instant favourite. It is exactly what I'm looking for in cult cinema. I'm surprised at the reviews online noting it as incomprehensible/random - yes, the movie is bizarre but I thought the story was a very ciassical Japanese fable. When I was younger, I used to eat up anything on a mythological level - not only Greek, Norse, and Roman, but also folk tales from countries like Japan. This felt like a visualization to me of one of those folk tales which were often very very gory. My only wish is that I had watched this on Halloween this year .
---

Blow Out would be pretty sweet though I'd welcome Blow-Up even more.

I'm preparing to take the plunge on the B&N Criterion sale but I'm scrambling to watch a few more before to make sure I don't miss anything worth purchasing - so far I'm pretty certain I'm gonna be picking up The 400 Blows (already own this on Criterion DVD but oh well), Antichrist, House, Paris, Texas, and Vivre sa Vie at the very least. I was going to blind buy House either way but now having actually seen it, it's the #1 Criterion blu-ray I currently want.

Last edited by JCPhoenix; 11-11-2010 at 02:04 PM..