Old 06-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivekian View Post
happy to hear FX gave them a bump in the budget to do the Ireland story right. Be interesting to see the Belfast chapter of SAMCRO (SAM BELL) in full glory.
Do you have a link for this? That would be great news. The show has done really well ratings-wise, so they've earned it.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:33 PM
I've only seen the first 10 episodes of the sons but I've really enjoyed it so far, I wasn't overly keen on say the first three episodes seemed like it was a bit of a cheesefest but it certainly gets better through the season. The actor who plays OP is a problem for me aswell the only weak link in the cast imo, got 3 more episodes of season 1 & apparently the finale is awesome can't wait.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:43 AM
Not to spoil anything but Opie becomes one of the strongest characters in the show during the second season. The guy who plays him deserves an emmy for his portrayal.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Anyone know the return date of the show? I'm starting to get antsy. Haha.

And Gunslinger, Opie is awesome. Hard to believe that he's played by the kid from Remember The Titans (although I like that movie)
Old 06-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Well since the new season of Rescue Me only has ten episodes to air, I believe SOA will premiere either the first or second week in September.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger View Post
Well since the new season of Rescue Me only has ten episodes to air, I believe SOA will premiere either the first or second week in September.
Woah. Did I miss something? Damn me not watching TV regularly. Was Rescue Me split in two and I missed the first half or did something happen to cut it short?
Old 06-14-2010, 10:10 PM
They're splitting the new season into half, first part is airing this summer with the final episodes next summer.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Just started watching the first season. I'm 3 eps in so far. Its interesting, unique storyline to follow, but so far, I'm unimpressed. Obviously gonna finish it out to see where it goes, but I hope it picks up a bit.

I will say, however, that Katey Sagal is damn good. Never seen her in a role like this before. Also, Mark Boone Junior is a local guy, so I got nothin' but love for him. Wondered why hasn't been in any more Nolan films, so I'm glad to see he's got a steady gig.

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 08-16-2010 at 05:44 PM..
Old 08-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Just finished first season, my opinion remains the same. Its just too generic TV for me with the flat dialogue, overused musical montages and the typical cliches. It has a good cast, but I don't really buy any of them in their respective roles (except for Katey Segal, Pearlman, and maybe Charlie Hunnam). But above all, there are just too many leaps in logic for me. This seriously has to be the dumbest gang ever. The stupid shit that they get into for not taking a second to think before acting is staggering.

Unless someone tells me that it gets exponentially better, I dunno if I'm gonna be checking out the 2nd season.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:33 PM
I personally found the first season to be magnificent. I would suggest watching the second series, as it does really kick off. Everything you say that bugs you about it improves massivly. The storyline is much better, the acting is better, the script is better and overal it's just alot more enjoyable and compelling.

@The Gunslinger - Where did you read that it will be split in two? I searched and found NOTHING that even remotely suggested this.

Last edited by Heisenberg; 08-28-2010 at 03:36 PM..
Old 08-30-2010, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Unless someone tells me that it gets exponentially better, I dunno if I'm gonna be checking out the 2nd season.
If the first season didn't impress you, I'd say the second won't either. Might as well cut your losses.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Shores View Post
If the first season didn't impress you, I'd say the second won't either. Might as well cut your losses.
Word, that's prob what will happen. I mean, I'm not saying its a bad show, its def better than a lot (*cough*TrueBlood*coughcough*), but I guess I just expected a bit more. There were definitely a few cool scenes throughout and, as I said earlier, I really do dig the concept (especially the subtle Hamlet parallels), but I just think they could've done more with it and the writing (the dialogue in particular) could be stronger (One example: Early on in the season, they use a fair amount of biker slang. I think they could've used more of it, would've gone to make it a bit more distinctive).

But really, my problems with SoA really goes to highlight one of the biggest problems I feel that a lot of TV shows have today: they try to be too accessible. Obviously, the whole point of a TV show is to get viewership and you're guaranteed to get more if you cast a wider net, but above all, I feel the showrunners should care more about delivering a quality product being faithful to their setting/characters more than caring about appealing to general audiences. But hey, that's idealist ol' me...

EDIT: Oh, and the "John the Revelator" cover at the end was pretty cool, I'll give it that as well.

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 08-30-2010 at 10:10 AM..
Old 09-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Season 1 was much better than Season 2 imo.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:17 PM
New episode tonight everybody. The schedule caught me off guard so I'm letting any fellow joblo fans know where to sit their butts.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
New episode tonight everybody. The schedule caught me off guard so I'm letting any fellow joblo fans know where to sit their butts.
My butt shall be sat!

I can't wait to see
Spoiler:
the club in Ireland, and what part Hal Holbrook will play.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Holy shit. What a way to start the season! From the chase on the docks to the ending, I must say I am super excited to see what this season has in store.

Plus, it looks like Kenny Johnson is joining the cast full time which is awesome! Loved him as Lem on The Shield.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Big Spoilers:

Does it annoy anybody else that Sons of Anarchy spent the first season getting us to dislike Hale, making it seem like he was going to be SAMCRO's longterm enemy, Then they spend the second season getting us to like Hale, how he sort of works with Jax to limit the damage and turns his eyes to the payback for Gemma. Now it appears after one episode into the third season he might be dead. Now I havent read any spoilers, I am just basing this on how his injuries looked but its just aggravating. Although its a testament really to how well done the show is but I just wanted to vent.

Last edited by jawsismyno1; 09-08-2010 at 12:44 AM..
Old 09-21-2010, 10:37 PM
The season is going to be great. I figured Charming would turn on Sons after the start of the season and that is where it's going.

Gemma just keeps digging herself deeper but it makes for good tv.

Opie going off was a treat as the dude is intimidating as all hell and probably my favorite character on the show.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Another very good episode, though I worry where this season is heading.

Seeing Stephen King was hilarious. His character was funny
Old 09-28-2010, 10:01 PM
This season is really picking up steam. But I have a feeling the ending is going to be a hard one to stomach.

I also think with Clay's hands getting worse that by the end of the next season that Jacks is going to end up with charge with Opie as his right hand guy.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:13 PM

This is my favorite among the returning dramas so far.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:58 AM
Jimmy O is one of the good guys but I have a feeling that he's going to get taken out. He's actually trying to convince the priest to give Abel back, but the priest refuses to do so and is trying to make SAMCRO turn on Jimmy. But I guess Jimmy fcked up by taking that money to go along with the story.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Is anybody else lost when it comes to the Irish stuff? I can't understand about 80% of what they say. CC hasn't been working.

Next episode looks good. I wonder if the priest will warn the Sons about Jimmy O's ambush.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:26 PM
90 minutes next week! Very, very exciting.

Somebody is getting killed off by the end of this season. I can feel it.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Denver View Post
90 minutes next week! Very, very exciting.

Somebody is getting killed off by the end of this season. I can feel it.
have you any idea who could it be
Old 10-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Well with about 5 episodes left, it looks like next weeks episode is going to start the fireworks early.

Good episode tonight. Some twist and turns, especially the ending. Jacks is getting played.

The preview for next week was awfully foreboding.

And Alex, I have a feeling that if they do kill somebody, it's going to be Opie or Tara. Clay and Jacks aren't going anywhere obviously. They played it up like it could be Gemma but she's such a huge part of the show. I'd be shocked if it was her.

I feel like it could be ALMOST anybody at this point. Which is the sign of a good show in my eyes.

Although Gemma telling Bobby to look out for Clay if something happens to her could be a sign of his fate. Either way, I'm anxious for the rest of this season.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Still my favorite drama atm and probably as enjoyable as the shield was at this point. I give a lot of credit to sean ryan, but lately I'm thinking kurt sutter was one of the main driving forces since the two shows have so much similarity. Sons really is an acting showcase, which isn't to say as much about the cast as about the shooting and focus of shots. Like the shield, actors are directed in a genuine way with very little stock reactions. The shots waver and there's a ton of human detail between the silent exchanges of gesture and expression and eyes alone. It's still above all a tv show about a tough cowboy motorcycle gang and the last episode had the line I'd rather play with my man's big cock, but the show is great and macho and I hope its popularity keeps up.

Ireland!

Last edited by Shinigami; 10-27-2010 at 09:36 PM..
Old 10-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex4u View Post
have you any idea who could it be
Even though, I do not want anyone of the crew to die, my best bet would have to be Bobby. The conversation he had in the kitchen with Gemma was what "sealed the deal" for me. Maybe Tigger?
Old 10-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Soloist View Post
Even though, I do not want anyone of the crew to die, my best bet would have to be Bobby. The conversation he had in the kitchen with Gemma was what "sealed the deal" for me. Maybe Tigger?
I don't want any crew to go either but Bobby and Tig are the safe bets. Tig would be a little harder to stomach with everyone being in Ireland and having to come home to finding out he's dead. At least they'd be with Bobby.

Either way, Kozik is the replacement if anyone goes.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Tonight's episode was very tight and very intense. The entire kitchen scene between Jimmy, Gemma and Fiona was really fucking good.

Next week once again looks like it's going to deliver.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Great episode last night. The best episode yet this season. The scene in the kitchen with Gemma and Jimmy was fantastic. This season is really going down a dark path and I feel the finale is going to be really devestating and fucked up.

Katey Segal is without a doubt the best female actress playing the best female character on the best show on television right now.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Why on earth are we not discussing this week's episode and moree importantly, what we think Jax will decide to do about Abel in next week's episode?!!
Old 11-12-2010, 07:50 PM
This show is too good for discussion. Pound it.

I actually think the show could decide to leave abel away from the storyline for a number of reasons. It will definitely set some fault lines between jax and gemma for later seasons. The priest was right and jax is going to be thinking about this. Look at what happened with tara. Jax wasn't able to push tara away from the lifestyle even though he gave it a hell of a shot, and now he will probably be wondering if he can push abel away too come the time. I think jax might send abel away with someone if he doesn't leave the kid with his foster family anyway. Who knows what could happen then. Gemma might do something dangerous if that goes down. Three more episodes!

And I still love the irish themed remix to the opening titles.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:39 AM
Does anyone else find this show unbearably boring?
Old 11-13-2010, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
This show is too good for discussion. Pound it.

I actually think the show could decide to leave abel away from the storyline for a number of reasons. It will definitely set some fault lines between jax and gemma for later seasons. The priest was right and jax is going to be thinking about this. Look at what happened with tara. Jax wasn't able to push tara away from the lifestyle even though he gave it a hell of a shot, and now he will probably be wondering if he can push abel away too come the time. I think jax might send abel away with someone if he doesn't leave the kid with his foster family anyway. Who knows what could happen then. Gemma might do something dangerous if that goes down. Three more episodes!

And I still love the irish themed remix to the opening titles.
The thing is Jax has waaaaaay too much to lose right now and has to decide on one thing he can accept living without. If he walks away from Abel because he believes what his father wrote as well as seen where the club is headed and doesn't want that for his son, then he needs to get Jimmy to save his mom. But then of course you have a situation which you've already described with Gemma not accepting losing her grandson and possibly doing something nasty. She might even tell Jax about Tara. I think the final episodes of this season will be about Jax finding Jimmy before the IRA does. Jax'll save his mom but for sacrificing his son their relationship will be poisoned.

Bottom line is Jax cannot lose his mom, son and Tara because of the club, it will literally kill him.

Last edited by electriclite; 11-13-2010 at 08:09 AM..
Old 11-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Great episode tonight. Best of the season.

Favorite part was when Jax was looking at Abel with his new "parents" and when he finally got him back.

The only thing that felt weird was the ending with Tara. Didn't see that coming. I do not know why she would offer to help his girlfriend.

The previews for the next two episodes looked so so so good. Drama is coming to a "head". I wonder what Jax does or thinks about doing for Gemma to say "if Clay finds out, I won't be able to protect you."

Best show on television.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Soloist View Post
Great episode tonight. Best of the season.

Favorite part was when Jax was looking at Abel with his new "parents" and when he finally got him back.

The only thing that felt weird was the ending with Tara. Didn't see that coming. I do not know why she would offer to help his girlfriend.

The previews for the next two episodes looked so so so good. Drama is coming to a "head". I wonder what Jax does or thinks about doing for Gemma to say "if Clay finds out, I won't be able to protect you."

Best show on television.
My favorite part was how Jacks handled the two dead parents. Very sweet and touching moment. As for next week, I don't think Tara's going to get killed. But with only two episodes left, it could very well be that all bets are off.

I also dug the humor in both Opie and Bobby checking out Trinity with Jacks just laughing it off.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:48 AM
I don't think Tara's dead, either. It wouldn't surprise me if she was, though, as this show is pretty unpredictable that way, but it would still be shocking somehow. I agree with The Soloist about her actions concerning Salazar and his girlfriend after she cut the girlfriend's throat. There were more than a couple moments when I was literally yelling at the TV "just fuckin shoot him!" The way that played out was kind of ridiculous, but I guess it's forgivable.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:56 PM
^Well tara's a doctor. Gemma told her that she was put here to heal people, so it makes a convoluted if human sense that tara would slash the girl's throat to risk margaret's escape, but then stay trying to save the girl.

I can see tara dying because I can't see tara having a kid. It wouldn't add anything to the show, really, so I don't think she will have a kid unless something happens to abel. If tara doesn't die, she might miscarry. Gemma told jax about the baby this episode, so there's a lot of drama there if anything happens to either tara or the baby.

This is a great season and I can't wait until the finale
Old 11-23-2010, 11:53 PM
Great episode tonight.

Jax killing Salazr's old crew member was so good. Jax finally getting his life back to normal with him getting his kid back and his woman.

Finale looks great. AND it's 90 minutes!