Old 11-30-2010, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smok3h View Post
You're not the first person I've heard talk about how Rivers is on pace to break Marino's record. I just think it's fair to point out that Peyton and Orton are right there too. Anyone know Marino's record? I could look it up, but eeh, why would I do that if someone on here already knows

And yes, the NFC West is so fucking terrible that it infuriates me that one of those teams will get into the playoffs and the Packers might not. Does the NFL need to reevaluate its playoff structure? I remember that conversation coming up when New England was 11-5 two years ago with Matt Cassel, and they didn't get into the playoffs where the Chargers who were 8-8 did. I don't know how the NFL would even go about restructuring its playoff system even if they wanted to. But really though, the system works most of the time so I don't fucking know.
I think its just over 5000 yards. Like 5,085 or something.

To be fair, only two teams in history have won their division with an 8-8 record.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Anyone see that Derek Anderson press conference reply on ESPN? Psh. Don't lash out against reporters who ask you simple questions that don't even get down to the heart of the matter, which is that your poor quarterbacking is hurting your team. If he's not mentally tough enough to be asked a semi-difficult line of questioning regarding his job performance, maybe he shouldn't be playing one of the most difficult positions in professional sports.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:54 AM
I will feel bad for any of the NFC teams that gets fucked over by some NFC West team. At this point, why not just have a system where the best teams with the best record play. That way we don't get this mess like what happened in 2008.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smok3h View Post
You're not the first person I've heard talk about how Rivers is on pace to break Marino's record. I just think it's fair to point out that Peyton and Orton are right there too. Anyone know Marino's record? I could look it up, but eeh, why would I do that if someone on here already knows
I overheard its in the 5,000 yard range but I don't know the exact number off the top of my head. Just looked it up, it's 5,084.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John@$$ View Post
I will feel bad for any of the NFC teams that gets fucked over by some NFC West team. At this point, why not just have a system where the best teams with the best record play. That way we don't get this mess like what happened in 2008.
Friend was joking with me last night how we wish when a team from the NFC West goes like 6-10 or 7-9 and goes to the playoffs and somehow outshines every other team and wins the Super Bowl..how ironic would that be?! I'm kinda hoping it would happen now.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando @$$ Fat View Post
Anyone see that Derek Anderson press conference reply on ESPN? Psh. Don't lash out against reporters who ask you simple questions that don't even get down to the heart of the matter, which is that your poor quarterbacking is hurting your team. If he's not mentally tough enough to be asked a semi-difficult line of questioning regarding his job performance, maybe he shouldn't be playing one of the most difficult positions in professional sports.
Yea DA was way out of line with that reporter IMO. The reporter only asked what they were laughing at and why they would be laughing when they were getting their asses kicked and DA was butt-hurt over the question and decided to lash out. He needs to realize that he will be asked difficult questions and needs to have composure in situations like this.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankaiZaraki View Post
Yea DA was way out of line with that reporter IMO. The reporter only asked what they were laughing at and why they would be laughing when they were getting their asses kicked and DA was butt-hurt over the question and decided to lash out. He needs to realize that he will be asked difficult questions and needs to have composure in situations like this.
Apparently the feedback from his own team regarding the rant has been far from positive. He won't be getting sidelined because he's still a lot better than their rookie back-ups, but you have to wonder if these lash-outs are a reflection of his ability to keep himself composed. The coaches are definitely keeping an eye on him. In a position like QB you need composed, calm, mentally tough guys.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:45 AM
So I guess my Lions are still playing. Meh.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Yeah I saw that as well haha. He came across looking like a stupid meathead (which he most likely is I suppose).

And I just want to say I wish the Fins were in the AFC South (hell, they are the most Southern located team in the NFL for Christs sakes). If they were in the AFC South, they would have a MUCH better chance of landing a playoff spot. The Pats & Jets run their organizations soooo much better than Miami, its just frustrating to watch. The Pats literally find a little white midget running back off the street by the name of Woodhead and he is tearin it up!. Damn I envy that organization!
Old 12-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
Yeah I saw that as well haha. He came across looking like a stupid meathead (which he most likely is I suppose).

And I just want to say I wish the Fins were in the AFC South (hell, they are the most Southern located team in the NFL for Christs sakes). If they were in the AFC South, they would have a MUCH better chance of landing a playoff spot. The Pats & Jets run their organizations soooo much better than Miami, its just frustrating to watch. The Pats literally find a little white midget running back off the street by the name of Woodhead and he is tearin it up!. Damn I envy that organization!
Well at one point, the Fins were better run than the Pats. Too bad it didn't happen in your or my time. And I love beating the Fins, just not as much as beating the Jets.

SQUISH THE FISH!
Old 12-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Agreed. I don't understand the need for geographical divisions any more. At least, not this many. It's the same with all sports in my opinion. We don't need that crap. Not when teams have comfortable private jets. So dumb. Just have two conferences with two divisions each. Division winners get byes, and after that, the best teams make it. So much simpler.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Quote:
I don't feel bad for these teams. If they want a shot at the Super Bowl, they have to win more games and those esp within the division. I have no issue with a shitty team making the playoffs. It does not happen all that often and in the playoffs someone is going to lose anyway. Who cares if it is a 7-9 team or a 11-5 team. There will be only one.

There is such a thing as having a division that is so hard that the teams all knock eachother off during the year. I believe that happened a few years ago in the AFC east. They all had marginal records. In that kind of a case, it is fair.

The same thing could be said about teams that have to play a really hard schedule and those who have an easy schedule. What if one team in the NFC west won all their division games in a shitty divison? Is that fair? Bottom line, you win the games you need to win and you will not miss the playoffs.

Who I feel bad for is the other teams in the playoffs who won't get to play that shitty team that comes out of the NFC west. It might end up being like a scrimage game.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:57 PM
I gotta agree with Erroneous here. If the 49ers or the Seahawks or the Rams win the NFC West with a 7-9 record they should still be able to make it to the playoffs. Look at what happened with the Cardinals in 2008. They had a mediocre 9-7 winning record and went on to play in the Super Bowl. By denying a 7-9 division winning team, you're denying precedence.

And if Tampa Bay REALLY wants to make it to the playoffs? How about they beat the Falcons or the Saints? That'd be a good start.

Last edited by Mr. Fred Krueger; 12-05-2010 at 04:14 PM..
Old 12-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Well at one point, the Fins were better run than the Pats. Too bad it didn't happen in your or my time. And I love beating the Fins, just not as much as beating the Jets.

SQUISH THE FISH!

Old 12-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Dear Carolina Panthers,

Please stop doing what you're doing. This season has become more and more of a farce as it has progressed. This is possibly the worst offensive squad in NFL history. That is not hyperbole, either. I can't recall an NFL offense as clutzy, incompetent, and ineffective as this one. If you can't catch a simple screen pass, then you shouldn't receive the salary of an NFL wide receiver. Pull it together or we'll all become Falcons fans.

Sincerely,
Brando @$$ Fat

P.S. If this gets to Charlotte, please tell Michael Jordan that nobody in the North Carolina-South Carolina area gives a shit about the Bobcats next time you see him.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Dear Carolina Panthers,

Please stop doing what you're doing. This season has become more and more of a farce as it has progressed. This is possibly the worst offensive squad in NFL history. That is not hyperbole, either. I can't recall an NFL offense as clutzy, incompetent, and ineffective as this one. If you can't catch a simple screen pass, then you shouldn't receive the salary of an NFL wide receiver. Pull it together or we'll all become Falcons fans.

Sincerely,
Brando @$$ Fat

P.S. If this gets to Charlotte, please tell Michael Jordan that nobody in the North Carolina-South Carolina area gives a shit about the Bobcats next time you see him.
Yo Brando, got any word on whats gonna happen to John Fox at the end of the season? Think he'll get canned? If I was the Panthers organization I would write Bill Cowher a blank check and give him full control. I actually think he would listen & be interested cause I know he is from North Carolina. It could be a really good match and Panther fans would love the guy. He also wouldnt have the pressure there like he would have if he were to take the Dallas job or the Giants job.

Last edited by echo_bravo; 12-05-2010 at 10:14 PM..
Old 12-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Yo Brando, got any word on whats gonna happen to John Fox at the end of the season? Think he'll get canned? If I was the Panthers organization I would write Bill Cowher a blank check and give him full control. I actually think he would listen & be interested cause I know he is from North Carolina. It could be a really good match and Panther fans would love the guy. He also wouldnt have the pressure there like he would have if he were to take the Dallas job or the Giants job.
I think it's heading down that road. After a season this disastrous I'd be surprised if he keeps his job. I mean, I can't really think of a precedent where a coach kept his job after such a dreadful season. That said, I don't think it matters if he keeps his job or not. In fact, it would probably be a waste of time unless they already had a better coach lined up. The Panthers are struggling because they are incompetent, not because of bad coaching. There is only so much a coach can do before he realizes that his team is utterly hopeless. That is what the Panthers are right now. There are about a dozen players right now who deserve to lose their jobs more than John Fox does.

As for Cowher, he would certainly be welcome if he came out of retirement. Personally, I've always doubted that he'll return to coaching. There were some strong rumors a couple of years back that he was planning to coach for NC State but nothing came of it. You're a Dolphins fan, right? Maybe you can convince Cowher to come out of retirement. I heard your coach is Tony Soprano.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:44 AM
The Colts need a running game. Peyton is trying to do too much, and their O-line blows. This is the only Colts game I've seen this year, and I wasn't sure if the line can't run block or the running backs just aren't good. They may need to draft another RB this year, I've never thought much of Addai.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:27 AM
45-3 WOW!! Um yeah how about that for an ass kicking.

Oh and I love it how Randy Moss has the reverse midas touch since he left New England they look way better than ever, Minnesota has looked way better since they cut him and Tennessee is a complete mess since picking up Randy Moss.

Also I understand with Indy-Dallas being the most popular among FOX networks with Peyton Manning playing but just look at this

http://the506.com/sports/?p=1472

I undertand it but 85% of the damn USA and barely anything for Atlanta-Tampa Bay which is a matchup of 2 very good teams battling for a division and playoff spots.

And you wonder why Atlanta isn't getting any respect this year because networks like FOX and ESPN give coverage to the same 8 teams every week.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
45-3 WOW!! Um yeah how about that for an ass kicking.

Oh and I love it how Randy Moss has the reverse midas touch since he left New England they look way better than ever, Minnesota has looked way better since they cut him and Tennessee is a complete mess since picking up Randy Moss.

Also I understand with Indy-Dallas being the most popular among FOX networks with Peyton Manning playing but just look at this

http://the506.com/sports/?p=1472

I undertand it but 85% of the damn USA and barely anything for Atlanta-Tampa Bay which is a matchup of 2 very good teams battling for a division and playoff spots.

And you wonder why Atlanta isn't getting any respect this year because networks like FOX and ESPN give coverage to the same 8 teams every week.

I'm glad I was in the area to watch the Atlanta game lol. I didnt bother with the Colts/Boys game. Too boring of a match-up IMO.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:15 AM
So, anyone hear that Josh McDaniels got fired yesterday. Came as a complete shock to me. Didn't expect to see him go so soon. But I understand. Now all there needs to be is have John Fox, Jeff Fisher, Eric Mangini, and Gary Kubiak all to get fired.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:47 AM
Quote:
So, anyone hear that Josh McDaniels got fired yesterday. Came as a complete shock to me. Didn't expect to see him go so soon. But I understand. Now all there needs to be is have John Fox, Jeff Fisher, Eric Mangini, and Gary Kubiak all to get fired.
I saw this coming 2-3 weeks ago after Spygate 2 happened not really shocked at all

I think Fox and Kubiak(unless Houston makes the playoffs) are gone for sure, Mangini if Cleveland plays well at the end might save Mangini's job and I think the owner and Fisher are close enough that the only way Fisher leaves is if he steps down.

I don't think you will see alot of movement since from what I'm hearing lockout next year is more than likely happening which is sad.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:55 AM
Quote:
I'm glad I was in the area to watch the Atlanta game lol. I didnt bother with the Colts/Boys game. Too boring of a match-up IMO.
I just saw the link on Peter King's MMQB column so I figure I'd post it and let you guys have a chance to look at it.

I live in Canada I got both games with a station in Canada Sportsnet showing the Atlanta-Tampa Bay game and the FOX station(which is from Detroit BTW) showing the Colts-Cowboys game

Both games had great endings so it was hard to go back and forth between the 2 games and great comeback by Atlanta. The Falcons should they end up getting the top seed in the NFC will be very difficult to beat.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:23 AM
WOW, what an ass-kicker that Pats-Jets game was.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
I think it's heading down that road. After a season this disastrous I'd be surprised if he keeps his job. I mean, I can't really think of a precedent where a coach kept his job after such a dreadful season. That said, I don't think it matters if he keeps his job or not. In fact, it would probably be a waste of time unless they already had a better coach lined up. The Panthers are struggling because they are incompetent, not because of bad coaching. There is only so much a coach can do before he realizes that his team is utterly hopeless. That is what the Panthers are right now. There are about a dozen players right now who deserve to lose their jobs more than John Fox does.

As for Cowher, he would certainly be welcome if he came out of retirement. Personally, I've always doubted that he'll return to coaching. There were some strong rumors a couple of years back that he was planning to coach for NC State but nothing came of it. You're a Dolphins fan, right? Maybe you can convince Cowher to come out of retirement. I heard your coach is Tony Soprano.
Ha. Yeah maybe our coach could convince Cowher to come back. I would just love to see the guy back in the NFL instead of being on that lame CBS show. It would be great for the league.

And damn I gotta say the Pats have to be the Super Bowl front runner right now. They are clicking on all cylinders It should be noted that the Jets have only one win over a team with a winning record but still...a 42 point win over a 9-2 team is damn impressive. Pats are the team to beat.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Ha. Yeah maybe our coach could convince Cowher to come back. I would just love to see the guy back in the NFL instead of being on that lame CBS show. It would be great for the league.
Eh, it might be good in the sense that there are more good coaches than great ones in the NFL. I don't see how it benefits him to come out of retirement. He has a legacy that he's probably very comfortable with. It's fine if he wants to come back and make more money, but he has plenty of that already and coaching is a life-consuming profession. That's why guys like Tony Dungy and Jon Gruden aren't contemplating comebacks. Even if all three of those guys came back the league would still essentially be the same.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Eh, it might be good in the sense that there are more good coaches than great ones in the NFL. I don't see how it benefits him to come out of retirement. He has a legacy that he's probably very comfortable with. It's fine if he wants to come back and make more money, but he has plenty of that already and coaching is a life-consuming profession. That's why guys like Tony Dungy and Jon Gruden aren't contemplating comebacks. Even if all three of those guys came back the league would still essentially be the same.
Gruden wants back in. He's just waiting for more jobs to open up. The problem with coaching hires this year will be the uncertainty with the lockout. Owners won't want to pay a new, big name coach a shitload of money just for him to sit out a year because of the lockout. But the flip-side is, they're gonna have to hire someone because the draft will still happen, and the coach will need input to draft guys for his system. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Watching the Lions every Sunday is like complete deja vu. You know they will blow it in the 4th quarter. The only surprise is how they do it.

I guess it's that time of season where I only follow my other team.

Go Pitt!
Old 12-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by labialover View Post
Gruden wants back in. He's just waiting for more jobs to open up. The problem with coaching hires this year will be the uncertainty with the lockout. Owners won't want to pay a new, big name coach a shitload of money just for him to sit out a year because of the lockout. But the flip-side is, they're gonna have to hire someone because the draft will still happen, and the coach will need input to draft guys for his system. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Really? Interesting that he'd choose now to come back. He was a relatively young coach when he retired. I always thought if he came back to the game he'd be a consultant or something. He'd be better off coaching a big name college team. They're incapable of locking out and it's still a really good paycheck, although not as much as a pro salary.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Best wishes to Matt Cassel. I know an appendectomy is an easy surgery now, but it still sucks.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeo4 View Post
Best wishes to Matt Cassel. I know an appendectomy is an easy surgery now, but it still sucks.
I had one. Couldnt play sports for several months. (and mine was particularly uninvasive because I was so skinny.)

The appendix runs right along the muscles for the right leg. Pain when walking is a sign of appendicitis.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:11 AM
Gruden has a man-crush on Tebow, so I wouldnt be surprised to see him end up in Denver. I wouldnt complain, I can only hope there is a season next year to wash the taste of this outta the mouth.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:55 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...other-options/

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 12, 2010, 10:28 AM EST
The blizzard in Minnesota has damaged the Metrodome badly enough that this week’s Giants-Vikings game cannot be played there, and now the NFL is exploring options that would include the University of Minnesota, Ford Field in Detroit or Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello has announced that Metrodome officials told the league that the dome will not be available for the Giants-Vikings game on Monday — and that it wouldn’t even be available if the league were willing to push the game back another day to Tuesday.

So now the league is exploring alternatives, and plans to play the game on Monday night. According to Aiello, the options are “the University of Minnesota stadium or another domed NFL stadium.”

The University of Minnesota’s stadium is outdoors, which would be brutal given the weather in Minnesota this week. The Giants got on their plane yesterday thinking they were heading to Minnesota to play an indoor game, and they didn’t bring their warm-weather gear with them, so the Giants would have to scramble to get ready to play in bitter cold.

If the game does move to another domed NFL stadium, Detroit and Indianapolis would make the most sense geographically. The web sites for both Ford Field and Lucas Oil Stadium list no conflicting events for Monday night.

For FOX, which is scheduled to broadcast the Giants-Vikings game, Detroit may make the most sense because the network already has a crew in Detroit for Sunday’s Packers-Lions game.

And there rumors that the Vikings might move to LA, so the chances of that is getting closer. The dome is outdated and the government there doesn't want to pay for a new stadium. This might be it for the Vikings in Minnesota.

Last edited by John@$$; 12-12-2010 at 10:57 AM..
Old 12-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Huh. Nice win for my Lions. I still have no idea how it happened though. Please Matthew Stafford....stay healthy next season. We are so close.

I wish I didn't have to work tonight, because I would totally go to that Vikings/Giants game here in Detroit. Drat.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Has anyone actually seen the video of the Meterodome collapsing? It's pretty awe-inspiring to watch. I mean, mother nature at its finest. It's insane to watch. The snow was so heavy on the inflatable roof that the speakers on top of the roof were touching the ground. Anyways, I missed all the games yesterday due to a concert. Surprised by the Lions win though. Other than that, mostly low scoring games due to the weather being shitty. Patriots are the clear favorite to win the Super Bowl now.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Has anyone actually seen the video of the Meterodome collapsing? It's pretty awe-inspiring to watch. I mean, mother nature at its finest. It's insane to watch. The snow was so heavy on the inflatable roof that the speakers on top of the roof were touching the ground.
I thought it was a CGI re-enactment when I first saw it. Incredible.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Patriots are the clear favorite to win the Super Bowl now.
Yeah, I can't see how anyone thinks the Pats aren't the best team. With their record with includes beating teams like Jets, Steelers, Ravens, and Bears, they are the clear favorite at this point in the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
I thought it was a CGI re-enactment when I first saw it. Incredible.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Anyone else calling bullshit on this Jets trainer only getting suspended for tripping one of the Dolphins during the game?
Old 12-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
Anyone else calling bullshit on this Jets trainer only getting suspended for tripping one of the Dolphins during the game?
His ass should've been fired.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
His ass should've been fired.
Not just that, but the Jets should be investigated for it. Just look at the line of dudes all looking ready to throw a knee if the first guy didn't.