Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Video Games
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Schmoes Choice for Video Game of the Year 2010

Need fo Speed: Hot Pursuit [PS3]

While most of us try and get the bad taste of 'Spike TV's Video Game Awards' out of our mouths, we can move on to our very own picks as favorite game of the year.

I didn't actually play that many new games this year (will change next year with 'Batman: Arkham City' and 'Mortal Kombat'), but there's one game that stood out above the others.

What is your favorite game of the year?

Last edited by Joe Scorpio; 11-10-2011 at 07:46 PM..
Old 12-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Going exclusively off PC experience, Mass Effect 2.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:52 PM
probably have to say galaxy 2
Old 12-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Old 12-15-2010, 03:39 PM
It's between Mass Effect 2 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for me...

Gun to my head though, I'd have to go with Mass Effect 2.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Mass Effect 2 still holds top spot.

Honourable mentions to Red Dead Redemption, Halo Reach and Fallout:New Vegas
Old 12-15-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm torn between Super Meat Boy and Starcraft 2 since both are so incredibly rewarding, but I guess I'll go with Starcraft 2 just because of the longevity factor. Mass Effect 2 would probably be my third choice.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Mass Effect 2 without a doubt. Nothing else holds a candle to it. Though I did greatly enjoy Red Dead Redemption.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:05 AM
as much as I love Mass Effect 2, I'm putting my vote to Red Dead Redemption. It's easily the best game I've played in like 5 years.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankaiZaraki View Post
as much as I love Mass Effect 2, I'm putting my vote to Red Dead Redemption. It's easily the best game I've played in like 5 years.
didn't you think the auto aiming was a little easy? hardly any skill to killing folk, plus the glitches were annoying no?

still don't get the love for it
Old 12-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Fifa 2011

No joke, it's only for footie fans, but it's near perfection.

Another contender would be Red Dead Redemption.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
didn't you think the auto aiming was a little easy? hardly any skill to killing folk, plus the glitches were annoying no?

still don't get the love for it
Not really. You could always turn the aim to manual. Theres an achievement for that actually where you get a head shot with a manual aim. or something like that. I loved the Dead Eye. Plus I thought it was rewarding for putting 6 red X's on a guy and then unloading on said person. I've only come across 1 or 2 glitches myself, nothing too out of place though.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:56 PM
http://cdn.cbsi.com.au/story_media/3...galaxy-2_1.jpg
Old 12-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Red Dead Redemption was the best game I played all year.

Vanquish was also awesome.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Mass Effect 2.

Were there any other games released all year?
Old 12-16-2010, 09:50 PM
I think the only games that I bought this year that were any good at all were Starcraft 2 and Cataclysm. The verdict is still out on Cata so I am gonna go wth SC2 for now.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:06 AM
Mass Effect 2, followed by Red Dead Redemption.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:55 PM

Old 12-17-2010, 06:03 PM
i'm a have to go with call of duty: black ops cause it's just as addicting as modern warfare 2,the multiplayer of course but the story mode kicks ass too.spider man:shattered dimensions is close behind
Old 12-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-dae-su View Post
This.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Creasy View Post

Heavy Rain was really good but it was full of errors. Voice acting was atrocious. Gameplay was spotty at best, and the visuals were not that great. Only good thing about the game was the plot, which was amazing.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathw1shzero View Post
i'm a have to go with call of duty: black ops cause it's just as addicting as modern warfare 2,the multiplayer of course but the story mode kicks ass too.spider man:shattered dimensions is close behind
I'll never nominate a COD franchise as a GOTY candidate simply because there are so many better games out there that truly surpass any COD game. This may be your preference and you are whole-heartedly entitled to it but I agree to disagree. I'd have Black Ops as my number 4 favorite game of the year(weak spot being multiplayer).
Old 12-20-2010, 04:38 AM
5. Bioshock 2

4. Fallout New Vegas

3. Alan Wake

2. Mass Effect

1. Red Dead Redemption
Old 12-22-2010, 07:48 AM
Heavy Rain - I think that this was a breath of fresh air in a world full of sequels, dodgy plotlines and endless repetition. Totally engaging throughout and forgiven for its minor flaws. (was the voice acting that bad....Really)??????
Old 12-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Top 5:

5: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - Best multiplayer behind COD: BO. What a suprise this gem was! I'm not the biggest racing fan, but N4S:HS was very impressive in it's simplicty, yet incredible replayability.

4: Call of Duty: BO - Still the best multiplayer money can buy, great graphics again, single player was...eh, but who buys this game for the single player experience?

3: NHL '11 - Simply put, the best sport to video game translation ever made. EA knocked hockey out of the rink with NHL '11.

2: Heavy Rain - Very good experience, fresh, impressive graphics, good story/characters. The reason it's not number 1 is because specific player actions didn't alter the game that much. Sure, a character may die, but actions ultimately didn't affect the outcome of the game in any way. This was a big downside for me in an otherwise top shelf game, I want to feel the weight of my actions! Alternate endings....??

1: God of War 3 - No matter what anyone says, this is the game of the year. How impressive was GOW3? Cut scenes as well as gameplay are completely seamless, it is truly incredible. Non-stop no holds barred brutal action, Extremely detailed and complex graphics, EPIC boss fights and a good story, come together to make one of the best games ever made. Playing GOW3 brought me back to my roots of playing games like Golden Axe, Altered Beast, and really brought out a nostalgic feeling. What GOW3 really impressed me with, was the experience a video game could deliver. What a blockbuster!
Old 12-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock.... though I'm getting Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit in my stocking and am mega stoked to play it.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Buddy got me 'Dead Rising 2' for X-Mas and LOVING IT so far. 'NFS: Hot Pursuit' is still tops but this kick ass zombie sequel is easily going to get runner-up, if not, the eventual #1 spot.