Old 09-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan02000 View Post
I've heard that both her and Jake show a decent amount of skin in it. I also hear it's going to be quite the Oscar contender come Oscar season...

I've heard that a lot too, but judging from the trailer it looks VERY routine.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-dae-su View Post
Let Me In - Rated R for strong bloody horror violence, language and a brief sexual situation.
Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
Isnt that one with Anne Hathaway??? Rated R for Nudity... Nice!
Yaaaaay!
Old 09-06-2010, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjohng View Post
I've heard the trailer is pretty misleading but we shall see! I think it looks great either way. I'm hoping for Hathaway to be nominated for Best Actress again. She's one of my favorites.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjohng View Post
I'm sure the movie will be amazing. Ed Zwick is one of my favorite filmmakers and he has never let me down before.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:34 PM
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Rated R for strong violence, some sexual material, and brief language.

I Want Your Money - Rated PG for thematic elements, brief language and smoking.

Agora - Rated R for some violence.

Really surprised at TGWKTHN, I knew it would be R but i'm surprised theres no rape or sex between the rapist bank loaner from the first one, and the lesbian sex from the second one, I guess this ones clean! Except for the violence.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:35 PM
The Company Men - Rated R for language and brief nudity.

The King's Speech - Rated R for some language.

The Social Network - Rated PG-13 for sexual content, drug use and alcohol use and language.

Morning Glory - Rated PG-13 for some sexual content including dialogue, language and brief drug use.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Wow, kind of surprised that The Social Network is getting a PG-13 rating. I just assumed it would be a R rated film, especially since this is Fincher we are talking about. Then again, I don't necessarily see a reason why it would have to be R rated, judging from the trailer. Still, subject material concerning college, Facebook, and Mark Zuckerberg seemed ripe for a few "fucks."

Hell, I can't even say Mark Zuckerberg's name in public without ranting and cursing like a possessed Patton Oswalt.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:04 PM
I've heard the producers and Fincher were surprised it passed as a PG-13.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Speed Dating - Rated R for some sexual content.

The Next Three Days - Rated PG-13 for violence, drug material, language, some sexuality and thematic elements.

Red Dawn (2010) - Rated PG-13 for sequences of intense war violence and action, and for language.

Megamind - Rated PG for action and some language.

Gee, I was so shocked by Megamind. Also, Red Dawn..really?
Old 09-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Speed Dating - Rated R for some sexual content.

The Next Three Days - Rated PG-13 for violence, drug material, language, some sexuality and thematic elements.

Red Dawn (2010) - Rated PG-13 for sequences of intense war violence and action, and for language.

Megamind - Rated PG for action and some language.

Gee, I was so shocked by Megamind. Also, Red Dawn..really?
The original Red Dawn was also rated PG-13. Are they finally releasing the Red Dawn remake? The release was on hold due to the MGM bankrupcy.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Jackass 3D - Rated R for male nudity, extremely crude and dangerous stunts throughout, and for language.

Paranormal Activity 2 - Rated R for some language and brief violent material.

The Human Experience - Rated PG-13 for mature thematic material and some disturbing images.

Restless - Rated PG-13 for thematic elements and brief sensuality.

Biutiful - Rated R for disturbing images, language, sexual content, nudity and drug use.

Not surprised by Jackass 3D but what the fuck with PA2? Brief violent content? HUH?!
Old 10-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Gnomeo and Juliet 3D -Rated G

Harry Pothead and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 in 3D - Rated PG-13 for some sequences of intense action violence and frightening images.

Not much to say here...
Old 10-23-2010, 12:11 PM
The Nutcracker in 3D - Rated PG for thematic material, scary images, action and brief smoking.

Cool It - Rated PG for thematic elements.

Skyline - Rated PG-13 for sequences of intense sci-fi action and violence, some language, and brief sexual content.

HappyThankYouMorePlease - Rated R for language.

Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son - Rated PG-13 for some sexual humor and brief violence.

Yogi Bear - Rated PG for some mild rude humor.

Zookeeper - Rated PG for some rude and suggestive humor, and language.

The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Drawn Treader - Rated PG for some frightening images and sequences of fantasy violence.

Not surprised by anything here.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:12 PM
White Wedding - Rated PG-13 for some sexual content.

Monte Carlo - Rated PG for brief mild language.

The Adjustment Bureau - Rated PG-13 for brief strong language, some sexuality and a violent image.

Harry Potter and the Death Hallows Part 1 - Rated PG-13 forsome sequences of intense action violence, frightening images and brief sensuality.

I guess Harry Potter was rated again?
Old 10-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Harry Potter and the Death Hallows Part 1 - Rated PG-13 forsome sequences of intense action violence, frightening images and brief sensuality.

I guess Harry Potter was rated again?
Yeah it was; MPAA thought it needed to add "brief sensuality" for a steamy topless scene between Harry and Hermione (I'm not even kidding).
Old 10-28-2010, 04:10 PM
If people think Harry Potter is getting a R rating, then that's just crazy.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryFreak1827 View Post
Yeah it was; MPAA thought it needed to add "brief sensuality" for a steamy topless scene between Harry and Hermione (I'm not even kidding).
that may actually get me to start watching these movies.. as Hermione is a smokin hot hotty!
Old 10-29-2010, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryFreak1827 View Post
Don't remember that in the book.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
Don't remember that in the book.
It was very brief and more implied in the book but it's when
Spoiler:
Ron is about to destroy the Locket (a horcrux) and he sees an image of Harry and Hermione making out. The filmmakers confirmed that they will be nude but you will only see them from the top up; you won't unfortunately see any of Ms. Watson's goodies
Old 11-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Country Strong - Rated PG-13 for thematic elements involving alcohol abuse and some sexual content.

Jane Eyre (2011) - Rated PG-13 for some thematic elements including a nude image and brief violent content.

The Tourist - Rated PG-13 for violence and brief strong language.

How Do You Know - Rated R for some language. RATING PENDING

Burlesque - Rated PG-13 for sexual content including suggestive dance routines, partial nudity, language and some thematic material.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:18 PM
very much looking forward to The Tourist, that rating is not at all surprising.

Surprised by How DO You Know's rating... but im sure it will get overturned, hopefully with no edits having to be made. It says "Some Language"... c'mon MPAA...!

Burlesque just looks like Showgirls without any nudity... aka not worth seeing!
Old 11-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Hemingway's Garden of Eden - Rated R for strong sexual content, nudity, and some language.

Rabbit Hole - Rated PG-13 for mature thematic elements, some drug use and language.

The Mechanic - Rated R for strong brutal violence throughout, language, some sexual content and nudity.

Whats Your Number? - Rated R for language throughout, drug content, some violence and sexuality.

The Fighter - Rated R for language throughout, drug content, some violence and sexuality.

Paul - Rated R for language including sexual references, and some drug use.

Surprised by The Fighter and Paul
Old 11-10-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm not too surprised at the ratings for FIGHTER and PAUL, if only because if you look at the previous work of these guys:

David O'Russell has only directed R rated movies (Three Kings, I Heart Huckabees... maybe more, i cant think of any others)

and Simon Pegg and Nick Frost's 2 big movies are Hot Fuzz and Shawn of the Dead which were both R.

Glad they kept with these ratings for these new movies... REALLY looking forward to The Fighter
Old 11-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Source Code - Rated PG-13 for some violence including disturbing images, and for language.

True Grit - Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of western violence including disturbing images.

Drive Angry 3D - Rated R for strong brutal violence throughout, grisly images, some graphic sexual content, nudity and pervasive language.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Wow was getting an R vibe for True Grit, oh well it'll still be awesome.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:21 AM
Hmm. Well. I guess The Coens are doing more movies with toned down material. I mean their last movie was PG-13.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:09 AM
Very disappointed by the PG-13 rating for True Grit. Not gonna lie.

And A Serious Man, their last movie, was rated R.

The last movie the Coen brothers did that wasn't rated R and was PG-13 was Intolerable Cruelty. The Ladies, Paris je t'aime, No Country for Old Men, Burn After Reading and A Serious Man have all been rated R.

Last edited by ilovemovies; 11-17-2010 at 07:12 AM..
Old 11-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Was semi-expecting a PG-13, actually, for two reasons. Firstly, I had heard rumblings a while ago that it might not get an R. Secondly, the original True Grit is rated G. Obviously the Coen bros. had full control of the production, so it's not like they were forced to make it PG-13. I'm sure they have their reasoning and I'm sure the film will be fine.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:37 PM
Oh boy! This is a big day!

Barney's Version - Rated R for language and some sexual content.

Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale - Rated R for some nudity and language.

The Warrior's Way - Rated R for strong bloody violence.

Sanctum 3D - Rated R for language, some violence and disturbing images.

The Dilemma - Rated PG-13 for mature thematic elements involving sexual content.

Blue Valentine - Rated NC-17 for a scene of explicit sexual content RATING PENDING

How Do You Know - Rated PG-13 for sexual content and some strong language.

The Tree of Life - Rated PG-13 for some thematic material.

Tron Legacy - Rated PG for sequences of sci-fi action violence and brief mild language.

Little Fockers - Rated PG-13 for mature sexual humor throughout, language and some drug content.

Gulliver's Travels - Rated PG for brief rude humor, mild language and action.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:42 AM
Oh that is awesome for The Warrior's Way! I thought the movie was gonna end up getting a PG-13 rating. The R rating definitely makes me even more excited about the movie! KICKASS!

Cool for Sanctum getting an R rating too.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Now I'm looking forward to The Warrior's Way, Paul, The Fighter, The Mechanic and Drive Angry.

The R rating is getting a much needed workout finally.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:29 PM
The Last Lions - Rated PG for some violent images involving animal life.

Warrior - Rated PG-13 sequences of intense mixed martial arts fighting, some language and thematic material.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:20 PM
True Grit got a 15 rating in the UK for strong violence, so it must be at the upper end of the PG-13 rating. (No Country for Old Men and Miller's Crossing are also 15's in the UK)
Old 12-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Frankie & Alice - Rated R for language and some violence.

Unknown (2011) - Rated PG-13 for some intense sequences of violence and action, and brief sexual content.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Courageous - Rated PG-13 for some violence and drug content.

Hanna - Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, and for language.

I Am Number Four - Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, and for language.

Blue Valentine - Rated R for strong graphic sexual content, language and a beating.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Crazy, Stupid, Love - Rated PG-13 for coarse humor, sexual content, and language.

I Am Number Four - Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, and for brief language.

No Strings Attached - Rated R for sexual content, language and some drug material.

Mars Needs Moms - Rated PG for sci-fi action and peril.

The Green Hornet - Rated PG-13 for sequences of violence action, language, sensuality and drug content.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Quote:

No Strings Attached - Rated R for sexual content, language and some drug material.
That is a little surprising. I was expecting PG13 for this movie. I love me some Natalie Portman, so this was on my radar, even though the trailers make it look VERY standard, which it most likely is. The R rating makes it a little more enticing.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Very disappointed about Hanna. Was really hoping for an R for that one. Especially after the badass trailer.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Quote:
The King's Speech - Rated R for some language.
This has to be the stupidest rating decision of the year IMO. It's rated PG here in Canada. Laughable that it gets slapped with an R-rating because of a couple of "f-bomb" rants. Please...
Old 12-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterChristian View Post
This has to be the stupidest rating decision of the year IMO. It's rated PG here in Canada. Laughable that it gets slapped with an R-rating because of a couple of "f-bomb" rants. Please...
I'm American and I definitely agree that the MPAA are a bunch of poopy heads. I'm still scratching my head at The Hammer getting an R rating because of less than 5 'fucks.'