Old 02-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ed View Post
None of the remaining teams can even class themselves with the Steelers in the Post-season. It should be an easy 2 wins for them. Pixburgh Pennsevenyinz unite!!
Nope.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:02 AM
I want to first of all congratulate Aaron Rodgers for getting rid of the the Brett Favre shadow once and for all. Green Bay I had you from the get-go to win it all this year. Glad my prediction came true. This game was really good in my opinion. Loved all the commercials too. The party I had at my apartment was off the hook. I will probably do this again next year if there is a NFL next year.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:52 AM
Not a Black Eye Pea fan but they did put up an OK show at half-time. For 1 , they actually sang and 2 , the Tron theme was visually awesome .Special guest Slash appeared for one of the lousiest cover of all time but they kept it to guitar play and 1 fergie chorus ( better than the full song so was OK) .... Usher on the other hand , im pretty sure that was lip-synched. 7/10
Old 02-07-2011, 01:54 AM
Congrats to the Packers and Aaron Rodgers. It was a really fun game to watch, particularly at the end. It's especially impressive they were able to hold off the Steelers when so many of their best players got injured.

I personally hated the halftime show; I thought the Black Eyed Peas were abysmal. Same goes for Aguilera's national anthem.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:12 AM
Hey Evil Ed how did your team do??? I missed it.. what happened???
Old 02-07-2011, 02:21 AM
Quote:
None of the remaining teams can even class themselves with the Steelers in the Post-season. It should be an easy 2 wins for them. Pixburgh Pennsevenyinz unite!!
So much for that theory.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
So much for that theory.
hahaha exactly! Your downfall was your overconfidence. And good riddance I say. Fuck all of you for being so over confident. You deserved to lose. And really Joblo? Go Steelers Go? Fuck you too very much. I would've been just happy winning if you assholes weren't so confident and in our face. All I heard on TV was how classy the Steelers fans were and online and in person all I saw was how cocky and overconfident you were. I'm glad you all have to experience defeat, cause you deserve it.

So what songs are they playing on the radio in pittsburgh this week? Definitely not Stairway to Seven...

Last edited by smok3h; 02-07-2011 at 02:34 AM..
Old 02-07-2011, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smok3h View Post
hahaha exactly! Your downfall was your overconfidence. And good riddance I say. Fuck all of you for being so over confident. You deserved to lose. And really Joblo? Go Steelers Go? Fuck you too very much. I would've been just happy winning if you assholes weren't so confident and in our face. All I heard on TV was how classy the Steelers fans were and online and in person all I saw was how cocky and overconfident you were. I'm glad you all have to experience defeat, cause you deserve it.
Stay classy, dude.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
Stay classy, dude.
I never wanted to be cocky like this, but people like Evil Ed pissed me off. You would have never seen me be cocky like I am right now if it wasn't for relentless comments like his and other Steelers fans. Granted not all of them were like them, but for those of you who were, you deserve this.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:37 AM
This whole conversation proves yet again that no actual NFL player cares half as much about these games as hardcore fans do.

I respect that you're pumped about your team...but focus on YOUR team, dude. Don't say "you deserved to lose." Neither EvilEd nor any other fan played in this game. You have no reason to be "cocky" because you contributed nothing to this.

The Packers players were classy. The Steelers were classy. They have as many classy fans as the Packers or anyone else does. Don't confuse the issues. It's very okay to point out that EvilEd's prediction was wrong and overconfident, but let it go there.

___

All of that said, props to the players on the field, and in particular Rodgers and the Packers linebackers. The Steelers D simply didn't have a good game and the Packers can't take credit for all of that, but they certainly earned the win as a team.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
This whole conversation proves yet again that no actual NFL player cares half as much about these games as hardcore fans do.

I respect that you're pumped about your team...but focus on YOUR team, dude. Don't say "you deserved to lose." Neither EvilEd nor any other fan played in this game. You have no reason to be "cocky" because you contributed nothing to this.

The Packers players were classy. The Steelers were classy. They have as many classy fans as the Packers or anyone else does. Don't confuse the issues. It's very okay to point out that EvilEd's prediction was wrong and overconfident, but let it go there.

___

All of that said, props to the players on the field, and in particular Rodgers and the Packers linebackers. The Steelers D simply didn't have a good game and the Packers can't take credit for all of that, but they certainly earned the win as a team.
I understand what you're saying, and I understand that I had nothing to do with the Packers winning. But you have to give me the right to gloat. Not once before the game did I talk about how much better the Packers were. I even gave credit to the Steelers and I said that they stood as much a chance as winning as the Packers did. DId EvilEd do that? Pittsburhg fans had to talk shit. But, and obviously you disagree, but in my opinion those Pittsburgh fans (like EvilEd) who were so blindly supporting their team DO deserve this loss. There's something to be said for supporting your team, but there's also something to be said to recognize another team's talent. The fact of the matter is that he didn't give any credit to us. If you look back at the posts, I gave his team credit.. I told him that his team had just as good a chance as mine did to win. The fact that he couldn't even swallow his pride, well you know what, I tried, I did. I tried to be nice. I won't swallow my pride now. I could, but people online brought this out in me, and fuck if I'm gonna back down now. I'm happy for my team, and this is the only place that I'm giving any Steelers fans any grief, because it's the only place I received it. I may not be the best ambassador for Packers fans at this point, but frankly, I don't give a shit. If Steelers fans are going to give it, they have to be willing to take it.

Also, your team winning the superbowl gives you all the reason to be cocky. It has nothing to do with being part of the actual victory or not. If a fan can't be cocky if their team wins the superbowl than there is no reason to be fan at all....

Last edited by smok3h; 02-07-2011 at 04:23 AM..
Old 02-07-2011, 05:36 AM
Quote:
I'm happy for my team, and this is the only place that I'm giving any Steelers fans any grief, because it's the only place I received it.
This confuses me. You seem to be going back and forth saying that all Steelers fans were talking shit (which in a nationwide sense is obviously untrue because an equal number of fans of each team were talking shit) and saying that only EvilEd was talking shit.

I want you to gloat, dude, and revel in your team's victory. I get that totally. But focus on the Packers, not on the Steelers and their fans -- my point is, are you more of a Pack lover or Steel hater?
Old 02-07-2011, 07:45 AM
There was nothing particularly gloaty about what Evil Ed said. He was just talking up his team, which is what fans often do. Nothing disrespectful.

Can we all agree that it was nice to watch a good game of football for the Super Bowl? It's been awhile since I can remember there being a blowout in the big game and hopefully it will stay that way.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando @$$ Fat View Post
There was nothing particularly gloaty about what Evil Ed said. He was just talking up his team, which is what fans often do. Nothing disrespectful.
Yeah, there is nothing disrespectful about FUCK ALL OF YOU AND FUCK JOBLO, TOO!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post
Yeah, there is nothing disrespectful about FUCK ALL OF YOU AND FUCK JOBLO, TOO!
Ah...did not read that part. I thought we were all referring to his pre-game talk.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofKings2525 View Post
A few thoughts on week 1.

Green Bay disappointed in their win. When this team starts churning on all cylanders the rest of the league is in trouble. They're going to the Superbowl and winning it.
Right again, King!
Old 02-07-2011, 07:49 PM
well I'm going to lighten the mood of the bashing trash talk a bit. Enjoyed the game I liked how Green Bay played it looked like it was going to be a blowout after the 1st QTR but Pittsburgh was able to come back a bit credit Green Bay after losing a few players in the game and were still able to pull it off.

With this Rodgers is out of Brett Favre's shadow for good and is easily top 3 QB in the NFL now

Christina Aguilera wow I mean ovcer 100 million people watcing and you screw up the US Anthem just wow!

Half time show I thought was alright dig the slash appearance and though the Black Eyed Peas put on a good show I wasn't too crazy over the Usher part

Also enjoyed the fact that I went to a friends house and he had FOXHD which didn't have the simulcasted feed from CTV so I got to watch all the commercials I thought some of them were pretty funny Laughed at the Bud Light and the Pepsi ads weren't too crazy over the Coke ads.

Thought some of them were quite funny and creative it was nice not to deal with the Canadian feed for once.

Now to hope we get to see NFL football next year I don't want to hear about the business of football for a year and a half like I did with the NHL.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:48 PM

Congrats to the Pack & their fans! Must be nice to have a great football team lol

I am glad that Cocklessburger lost. Glad he didnt get a 3rd NFL ring.

Cant wait for the draft!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
Congrats to the Pack & their fans! Must be nice to have a great football team lol

I am glad that Cocklessburger lost. Glad he didnt get a 3rd NFL ring.

Cant wait for the draft!!!
That is just so wrong. Big Ben is a winner. He had a bad game, but he is still a winner. I think he handled this year very well. Outside the lines, he might be a total asshole, but on the field, he asks professional. I am a Giant fan.

Congrats to the Packers. They have a nice young, talented team. Look for them not to win next year. Think Saints. But this will all depend on their defense.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Oh I agree he is a great player but that doesnt mean I have to root for the guy. He's already won 2 SBs, glad someone else won it againist him.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:30 AM
I'm so glad that my 49ers dodged that whole Aaron Rodgers bullet, and went with Alex Smith in 2005.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:49 AM
I don't think the Pack beat them as much as the Steelers beat themselves, but I'm not bitter. I would be more bitter if we didn't just win a Super Bowl 2 years ago, and 2 years before that so, the city isn't as crushed as we should be. I did hear some ridiculous comments on ESPN Sportscenter, when an anchor said "The Packers beat the Steelers with their JV squad" they had 2 guys out....Steelers had a whole offensive line out, not to mention guys on D.

It was a terrible game from the Steelers standpoint, Polamalu was nowhere to be found, and Ben was off, Mendenhall fumbling on the 35 and Suisham missing hurt. But hey, the almost got Big Ben'd in the final minutes, but you can't win them all. 6 of 8 though is still pretty nice! And Big Ben going to 3 Super Bowl's is acceptable. This team will be back very soon, don't you worry.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
I understand what you're saying, and I understand that I had nothing to do with the Packers winning. But you have to give me the right to gloat. Not once before the game did I talk about how much better the Packers were. I even gave credit to the Steelers and I said that they stood as much a chance as winning as the Packers did. DId EvilEd do that? Pittsburhg fans had to talk shit. But, and obviously you disagree, but in my opinion those Pittsburgh fans (like EvilEd) who were so blindly supporting their team DO deserve this loss. There's something to be said for supporting your team, but there's also something to be said to recognize another team's talent. The fact of the matter is that he didn't give any credit to us. If you look back at the posts, I gave his team credit.. I told him that his team had just as good a chance as mine did to win. The fact that he couldn't even swallow his pride, well you know what, I tried, I did. I tried to be nice. I won't swallow my pride now. I could, but people online brought this out in me, and fuck if I'm gonna back down now. I'm happy for my team, and this is the only place that I'm giving any Steelers fans any grief, because it's the only place I received it. I may not be the best ambassador for Packers fans at this point, but frankly, I don't give a shit. If Steelers fans are going to give it, they have to be willing to take it.

Also, your team winning the superbowl gives you all the reason to be cocky. It has nothing to do with being part of the actual victory or not. If a fan can't be cocky if their team wins the superbowl than there is no reason to be fan at all....

^ This is how you act when you forget what winning Super Bowls feels like...
Old 02-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Quote:
I don't think the Pack beat them as much as the Steelers beat themselves, but I'm not bitter. .

I wasn't going to take sides here, but come on Ed. First of all, you're nowhere to be found in this thread until the playoffs, and you come here with the "trash talk"... which is fine. But if you're going to "dish it out", you're going to have to take it. Not giving credit where credit is due reeks of bitterness, no matter what tag you add to the end of that statement. If you're going to talk trash, you have to eat those words when they're wrong.

No game is played in a vacuum - they were playing another, very good team. The Steelers didn't perform well, that's true - but before you write that off as an off game for them, or that they "beating themselves," why not consider that the reason they lost was that the Packers just played the better game?
Old 02-08-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicochetShaw View Post
I wasn't going to take sides here, but come on Ed. First of all, you're nowhere to be found in this thread until the playoffs, and you come here with the "trash talk"... which is fine. But if you're going to "dish it out", you're going to have to take it. Not giving credit where credit is due reeks of bitterness, no matter what tag you add to the end of that statement. If you're going to talk trash, you have to eat those words when they're wrong.

No game is played in a vacuum - they were playing another, very good team. The Steelers didn't perform well, that's true - but before you write that off as an off game for them, or that they "beating themselves," why not consider that the reason they lost was that the Packers just played the better game?

Woah woah woah, wait a minute here. I'm not taking anything away from the Packers. I thought they played great and that's why they won. BUT, it needs to be said and is pretty obvious that the Steelers played a bad game and that was a big factor for the ease of the Packers win. I was ready to bet all my lunch money that the Steelers had it in the bag when they got the ball with 2 min left, because that's just what they do. Believe me I'd rather have the Packers win it than some other team, because they have a nice history in the league, and McCarthy is from the burgh

Actually let me take a couple steps back here. I don't think either team really played great. Both of them could have been a lot better. Steelers had more 1st downs, more total yards, more total plays, better yards per pass, better rushing stats in all categories, a better 3rd down efficiency, less penalty yards, and more time of possession. So, based on those stats, and your statement of the Packers played "a better game", yes my friend, the Steelers beat themselves with their turnovers.

But, the game is over and done with and no amount of you saying the Pack are great and me saying the Steelers beat themselves is going to change anything, so it's pointless to even argue about! I'm happy for them, yes I would have bet a million bucks on the Steelers to win it all if I had it, and I would've lost, but that's the way it goes. And who cares anyway? It's just a game that none of us having anything to do with anyway aside from spectating.

Last edited by Evil Ed; 02-08-2011 at 01:17 PM..
Old 02-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
I did hear some ridiculous comments on ESPN Sportscenter, when an anchor said "The Packers beat the Steelers with their JV squad" they had 2 guys out....Steelers had a whole offensive line out, not to mention guys on D.
That JV quote is absurd, but equally absurd is your assesment that the Steelers had their whole line out but the Pack were only missing two guys. Yes, the Packers only lost 2 guys in the game, but the Steelers didn't lose anyone in the game. The Packers lost a ton of their opening day starters over the year, just like the Steelers (or any other NFL team) does.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Quote:
^ This is how you act when you forget what winning Super Bowls feels like...
What a fucking stupid comment. Sounds like you are quite bitter and a bad winner. Grow up.

Quote:
I don't think the Pack beat them as much as the Steelers beat themselves, but I'm not bitter. I would be more bitter if we didn't just win a Super Bowl 2 years ago, and 2 years before that so, the city isn't as crushed as we should be. I did hear some ridiculous comments on ESPN Sportscenter, when an anchor said "The Packers beat the Steelers with their JV squad" they had 2 guys out....Steelers had a whole offensive line out, not to mention guys on D.

It was a terrible game from the Steelers standpoint, Polamalu was nowhere to be found, and Ben was off, Mendenhall fumbling on the 35 and Suisham missing hurt. But hey, the almost got Big Ben'd in the final minutes, but you can't win them all. 6 of 8 though is still pretty nice! And Big Ben going to 3 Super Bowl's is acceptable. This team will be back very soon, don't you worry.
The ESPN people suck anyway. They can't wait for less flashy teams to lose. They push crap and only care about ratings. They so much wanted Vick to beat Brady in the Super Bowl.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicochetShaw View Post

Football is all about match ups. The Steeler D could not match up with any true wide open passing attack. The Steelers were lucky not to have to play the Patriots in the playoffs. The whole Super Bowl was if the Steelers could slow down the Packers passing. They could not. They lose. Couple that with losing the turnover battle and you lose everytime.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm sorry, but Rodgers is a better QB than Rapistburger. You can say that the Steelers beat themselves, but how many interceptions did Rodgers throw?
Old 02-09-2011, 01:51 AM
Superbowl. No excuses son.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:14 AM
So they released the odds for to win the super bowl next year and here's the top 5.

Guess which one makes no fucking sense

Green Bay 6-1
New England 6-1
Dallas 8-1
Pittsburgh 10-1
Indianapolis 13-1

Really????? Dallas the disaster overrated shit of a team from last year has the 3rd best odds to win the super bowl to start next year are you fucking kidding me Vegas no wonder you made very little money on the super bowl
Old 02-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
What a fucking stupid comment. Sounds like you are quite bitter and a bad winner. Grow up.
No, you grow up. I swear, this is the most disrespectful forum on the whole damn site.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:19 AM
Haha, wow, I just want to say that I completely forgot that I even posted here. I apologize for my comments as I was incredibly belligerent at the time. I didn't mean to talk so much shit there Ed, it was the booze talking. You are right on one point though, I did forget what it felt like to win a Super Bowl. But forgetting the feeling doesn't mean jack shit if you get to remember it by winning it again. Good game though man, your team had me shitting bricks at the end. All I could think was, "oh fuck, here we go again".

Last edited by smok3h; 02-12-2011 at 04:24 AM..
Old 02-18-2011, 08:20 PM
I am betting on no missed games.

I would not want to have an 18 game schedule, but we probably we get one
I like a rookie cap scale.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:40 AM
Quote:
I am betting on no missed games.

I would not want to have an 18 game schedule, but we probably we get one
I like a rookie cap scale.
I'm thinking the same thing although its kind of hard to be optimistic about no missed games when the owners and players can't agree to meet and need a mediator for that to happen they can't seem to find middle ground.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
I'm thinking the same thing although its kind of hard to be optimistic about no missed games when the owners and players can't agree to meet and need a mediator for that to happen they can't seem to find middle ground.
There is no real pressure to get the deal done yet. This does make for an interesting off season. Free agency is going to be dead quiet. Waivers should be quiet. Only the draft will go on. Once the deal is signed, look for massive amounts of action. Kinda like a chess match.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:14 PM
All I keep hearing is, the players will play for the same deal as before and they just want to play. They can't have the same deal. End of story. Get it somewhere else. How about better healthcare coverage for retirees? Ego is driving this lock out more than anything else.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Quote:
All I keep hearing is, the players will play for the same deal as before and they just want to play. They can't have the same deal. End of story. Get it somewhere else. How about better healthcare coverage for retirees? Ego is driving this lock out more than anything else.
Ego, Greed(owners)

What pisses me off is the Redskins are playing Buffalo in Toronto and I have a shot at going to it considering I don't live close to Washington and they won't play in Buffalo for another 8 years and my only other option is Detroit.

You aren't the NBA or the NHL and you aren't losing money GET A FUCKING DEAL DONE YOU GREEDY FUCKING BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:21 PM
When does the CFL start? Not all the owners are greedy. Blame the smart market owners. They want to make what the large market owners make and they are the ones being greedy. The big market owners should tell the small market owners to fuck off or sell their team. Not like they aren't already rich.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:54 AM
Quote:
When does the CFL start? Not all the owners are greedy. Blame the smart market owners. They want to make what the large market owners make and they are the ones being greedy. The big market owners should tell the small market owners to fuck off or sell their team. Not like they aren't already rich.
CFL Starts next week June 30th-July 1st somewhere around there.

And the ones that started this lockout to begin with are the big market owners to begin with when they all opted out the CBA a couple years ago

And when the owners meet and we might possibly get somewhere we get something like this

A handful of NFL owners -- at least two of whom are from AFC teams -- believes the parameters of the deal being discussed don't adequately address the original issues the league wanted corrected from the 2006 collective bargaining agreement, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. It is one of the primary reasons team officials are being prepped to stay an extra night in Chicago. It's not to potentially vote on a new CBA, as many suspected; it actually is to try to fend off some of the resistance that is mounting, according to sources.

In reality, the resistance has been there since March, when commissioner Roger Goodell was authorized in a vote of the owners to offer and negotiate whatever he thought was best for the league.

After the players decertified, owners were briefed on Goodell's offer, and some believed it was too one-sided in favor of the players and not strong enough for the teams. Those teams never changed their feelings, and recently they have made this known directly to Goodell, according to a source

In other words when we possibly don't have NFL football this season blame the owners for this.

It would not surprise me if those 2 AFC teams are Buffalo and Cleveland who were the only 2 to vote against the CBA back in 2005 or 2006 whenever the last one was.

UGH And every fucking owner in the league makes money all of them do when you get over $100 million from TV revenue all of them make money so there's no need for this.

And this bullshit is going to costs us the NFL and me going to see a Redskins game and I don't give a shit that its in Toronto or against the shitty Bills either