Old 02-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Mass Effect 3

Reveal Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnEej1RfqTs

As if the first two games weren't enough to raise my anticipation for this sequel, it has now been confirmed that composer Clint Mansell(Requiem for a Dream) will score Mass Effect 3.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/114/1148848p1.html
Clint Mansell, composer of such classic motion picture scores as 'The Fountain' and 'Requiem For a Dream' dropped the news that he is writing the musical score for the last chapter in BioWare's epic Mass Effect trilogy in an interview with The Quietus about his latest film, 'Black Swan'.
The website Badass Digest picked up on the news of Mansell's involvement in Mass Effect 3, which saw the composer asked about whether he does much work for other outlets like computer games. Mansell responded by saying: "I'm doing a video game this year actually. Mass Effect 3".

Last edited by EVILxxx; 02-15-2011 at 02:09 AM..
Old 02-10-2011, 05:20 AM
yay for clint mansell on board! i did love the first then i played teh second in a dungeon on a kitchen tv which ruined the experience. i will play this one on big tv and i'm looking forward to it
Old 02-10-2011, 11:08 AM
I love the first two games. They're my favorite of all time. I know Bioware's not done with the universe, but seeing Shepard's saga come to an end is going to make this a bittersweet holiday season. I'm also a little haggard think that I've got two big RPGs (this and Skyrim) being released within a month of each other. Good god is that going to be a lot of game time.
Also, as far as Clint Mansell is concerned, I love Jack Wall's scores for the first two games and I hope the two are working in conjunction. Very cool to hear he's on board though. Better than just having someone like Hans Zimmer bang out The Rock 2.0 soundtrack.
Oh, and if Garrus, Grunt, Tali and Thane don't play a significant role in the game just because of ME2's possibilities, I will be beyond pissed. Garrus is my bromance buddy (and *ahem* more with my FemShep).
Old 02-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden_208 View Post
I'm also a little haggard think that I've got two big RPGs (this and Skyrim) being released within a month of each other. Good god is that going to be a lot of game time.
Not an RPG, but Uncharted 3 comes out sometime in November too. I'm going to be spending money I don't have.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:25 PM
This game is making me want to masturbate furiously.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:41 PM
What's stopping you?
Old 02-10-2011, 11:11 PM
This game is my only priority all year. Money will be tight so outside of this, I doubt I'll be getting much else. And it'll be well worth it.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCaptain4 View Post
Not an RPG, but Uncharted 3 comes out sometime in November too. I'm going to be spending money I don't have.
I haven't even got my PS3 to even play the first Uncharted, so I'm safe on that count. Hell, I might still be playing the crap out of Dragon Age II if I get as much out of it and the DLC as I did the first one by the time Skyrim comes out.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Quote:
I haven't even got my PS3 to even play the first Uncharted, so I'm safe on that count. Hell, I might still be playing the crap out of Dragon Age II if I get as much out of it and the DLC as I did the first one by the time Skyrim comes out.
Funny enough, I still haven't beaten the first Dragon Age. I need to get on it, though, because Dragon Age II does look quite bonkers*.

*= in a good way.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCaptain4 View Post
Funny enough, I still haven't beaten the first Dragon Age. I need to get on it, though, because Dragon Age II does look quite bonkers*.

*= in a good way.
It looks fun and I can't wait, even if they are pulling out all the old school stuff (which I would rather have, it gave the first one lots of charm). I love the first one (not as much as ME, but quite a lot). It reminds me of A Song of Ice and Fire what with everyone squabbling over civil wars and such while the real enemy bites them in the ass.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:29 PM
I really hope this means they will have a trilogy release set that has all the DLC.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
I really hope this means they will have a trilogy release set that has all the DLC.
For PC, I guarantee it. For 360, a strong possibility. For PS3, not likely at all.
Plus, it's fun to know that BioWare still has a few more bits of story DLC leading up to ME3 yet to be released.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:34 PM
I mean. Fallout 3 can do it for the 360, so should the entire Mass Effect trilogy!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
I mean. Fallout 3 can do it for the 360, so should the entire Mass Effect trilogy!
I agree. The only problem is Microsoft published the 360 version of ME1, while EA published the PC version of ME1 and ME2&3. So they'd have to work that out, but I don't see why they wouldn't.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Quote:
I agree. The only problem is Microsoft published the 360 version of ME1, while EA published the PC version of ME1 and ME2&3. So they'd have to work that out, but I don't see why they wouldn't.
With the money to make off a set like that.... they will probably think something up.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:25 AM
Final DLC for Mass Effect 2, Arrival, got released yesterday. I haven't got around to buying it yet, as I don't get payed until tomorrow. Supposedly it links to Mass Effect 3 in a big way.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Just got my May issue of Game Informer. The cover story is Mass Effect 3.

Read the entire article and I have no worries about this being another Dragon Age II. The few new tweaks don't bother me in the slightest and everything looks awesome. *thumbs up*
Old 04-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Read the entire article and I have no worries about this being another Dragon Age II. The few new tweaks don't bother me in the slightest and everything looks awesome. *thumbs up*
I hope so, Dragon Age II was frigging dissapointing.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:13 AM
delayed to 2012

Came across this article -

http://kotaku.com/#!5798587/mass-eff...y-2012-release

- and figured I'd share. Personally, I think it's probably for the best. I'm still working my way through Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition, so I can't comment on the quality of Dragon Age II, but I'd prefer to have them take some time to polish up the final product.

Besides, 2011 is stacked with games anyway - my personal wish list includes L.A. Noire, Skyrim, Arkham City, Uncharted 3, and Battlefield 3. I'll need to time to play through those before I dig in to ME3.

And just to tide everyone over, a good article with some details regarding the game (minor spoilers):

http://gamingeverything.com/?p=3119

And for those to lazy to click (you know who you are):

Spoiler:
- Game begins with Shepard on Earth
- Shepard is on trial in regard to the events of Arrival
- Reapers invade while the trial is happening
- Prologue: Shepard’s escape to the Normandy, off to start finding allies, fighting Reaper troops
- Squadmates include Liara, Ashley/Kaiden, Garrus, James Sanders
- Screenshot shown of Ashley with her hair down
- Confirmed appearances (may not be squadmates): Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Anderson
- Game will show a “previously on Mass Effect” comic to make decisions if you’re starting from scartch
- The Illusive Man plays a big role
- Cerberus is out to kill Shepard
- Enhanced RPG elements
- More freedom with character skills
- Larger skill trees
- Powers will evolve several times, not just once
- Weapons are like the ones in Mass Effect 2, have a set list
- Mods returning, swap out different parts such as barrels, scopes (effect both the weapon’s combat performance and its appearance)
- All classes can wield all weapons unhindered now,
- There will be limited slots to carry these weapons
- Soldier can carry all weapons at once
- Adept, Engineer, and Sentinal will likely be limited to two weapons, three for Vanguard and Infiltrator
- Numerous endings
- Who you have in your squad and which allies you recruit greatly impact the endings that are available
- No multiplayer

And some addition details can be found here, which include definite SPOILERS!

http://gamenyusu.com/component/conte...-pc-gamer.html

Last edited by FailSafe; 05-07-2011 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: awww
Old 05-07-2011, 07:17 AM
This delay greatly concerns me. I expected just like the second game that it would get pushed back into early next year, mostly to avoid the big games just like they did with ME2. It's not so much because they're polishing it up, but the fact that they're brining in DICE to help on the combat. I thought combat was perfect for the series in ME2. Please, BioWare, for the love of Keelah, don't mess with a good thing.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Hey FailSafe, there's a spoiler option to hide that shit for a reason. It may be minor but I don't want to see it.

And I'm pretty happy about the delay. I want them to have as much time as possible to make this the best game they could possibly make.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Usually delays annoy me but not this one.

Plenty of time to make it the best Mass Effect ever.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:06 PM
I bought ME 1 & 2 this past X-mas via Steam for $20 total (Hell of a bargain) and while I haven't finished ME 1 I'm digging the hell out of it. I'm certainly going to finish that and ME 2 this summer to get ready for ME 3. I'm probably going to have to buy it for the PS3 seeing as how my computer struggles to play ME 2 when not in the lowest settings.

The delay is fine with me seeing as how I'm probably going to have a wealth of games to play during the X-Mas period (Such as all the rumored 3DS games coming) and at will give Bioware time to make an even better game.

Last edited by drc5145; 05-09-2011 at 01:09 PM..
Old 06-06-2011, 12:13 PM
So, apparently during the Microsoft conference, Ray Muzyka came up to show off that ME3 has Kinect support. Surprisingly it's the best implementation I've seen so far, as it doesn't try to go for gimmicky controls, it just lets you voice command your companions and select dialog options by reading them aloud, both would take a lot of the frustration out of intense firefights and accidental dialog options.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Kinect stuff looks stupid. The combat footage and trailers that BioWare just premiered looks fucking GREAT.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Just traded in some older games to pick up ME: 2. So far so good. Not sure if I like it more than I liked Fallout 3 though.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:00 PM
The Kinect features for ME3 is such a cash grab. If it just uses voice commands, have they ever heard of a mic? Do I really need to spend $150 to talk to my teammates in game? Fuck that.

Gameplay footage looks sick though!
Old 06-24-2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vong View Post
The Kinect features for ME3 is such a cash grab. If it just uses voice commands, have they ever heard of a mic? Do I really need to spend $150 to talk to my teammates in game? Fuck that.

Gameplay footage looks sick though!
There are some reports that the functionality will be available for PS3 and PC as well, which would mean using a mic. Some have deduced that to mean it's possible you can just use a headset for the 360 version as well, but I guess we won't know until we get an official statement on it.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:05 AM
Demo's up today... Eagerly awaiting to try it out.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:06 AM
Absolutely dying for the game to come out. Hopefully the demo keeps me occupied till then, but it will probably just make the anticipation worse.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:36 PM
fuckyeah

http://youtu.be/Vs7kix6_8Ks
Old 02-19-2012, 10:49 PM
I can't wait to finish the story. March 6 can't fast enough along with this game and bruce springsteen new album
Old 02-19-2012, 11:19 PM
I am absolutely stunned that the multiplayer is actually pretty awesome. This will only add to what will be most likely my game of the year.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_alpz View Post
I am absolutely stunned that the multiplayer is actually pretty awesome. This will only add to what will be most likely my game of the year.
Yeah, color me surprised. I tried it out last night, expecting to hate it and I did for the first few matches where it was just me against the horde. Then I actually got connected to a match and it was glorious. I still have some issues (why won't my weapon or power wheel come up?) and I probably won't touch the multiplayer in the full game until I've played through the campaign about twice, but nice to know it's good.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:31 AM
I won't bother with the multiplayer.

It sounds as useless as Dead Space 2's multiplayer.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razgriz21 View Post

Believe me, it's totally unnecessary, but it was fun as hell. It actually kind of reminded me of a Counter Strike/Horde mode hybrid. You fight enemies in waves, but if you try to go in guns blazing like Halo or Modern Warfare, you will die fast. I also loved the teamwork aspect in that if you don't revive squadmates fast enough, the enemy will execute you, permanently taking you out of the match.

Also, new cinematic "Take Earth Back" trailer:
http://youtu.be/Vs7kix6_8Ks
Want... so... hard...
Old 02-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razgriz21 View Post

I actually liked the way they handled the multiplayer in Dead Space 2. It was fast paced and fun, at times intense. I also appreciate how there were no achievements that required multiplayer, so any players who weren't interested didn't feel like they were forced to do it. Resident Evil 5 had a really obnoxious versus mode with very tedious achievements. At least the control scheme for Dead Space 2 was compatible with a versus mode. But, yes, I'd agree that multiplayer for all of these franchises is unnecessary. I guess we need a really good sci-fi multiplayer shooter to fill that niche.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IUrbMDt5t4A

so so funny
Old 02-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Why did i not like Mass Effect 2 as much as i did 1?
Old 02-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
Why did i not like Mass Effect 2 as much as i did 1?
I feel like you should be the one answering that question.