Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Upcoming Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
I doubt it. Looks more like WB pushing their mediocre action name.

Or. Nolan has actually made a mistake thinking that helping out a mindless action director will make him suddenly start making great movies with depth.
I would never label Snyder a great filmmaker but I honestly thought Watchmen was a great film. It seems like its getting more and more popular to hate on Snyder in the past year or so...so many complaints about Superman Returns is that there wasn't nearly enough action, and no physical presence to actually go toe to toe with the man in the cape. I feel like Snyder is a pretty solid choice to deliver that.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBuff07 View Post
I would never label Snyder a great filmmaker but I honestly thought Watchmen was a great film. It seems like its getting more and more popular to hate on Snyder in the past year or so...so many complaints about Superman Returns is that there wasn't nearly enough action, and no physical presence to actually go toe to toe with the man in the cape. I feel like Snyder is a pretty solid choice to deliver that.
Good call.

Loving the casting so far.

Amy Adams!!
Old 03-27-2011, 04:25 PM
My first choice was Michelle Monaghan, but this is still a great choice. She's a great actress and is going to bring alot more attitude to the role of Lois, then say Rachel McAdams or Zooey Deschanel. She's a great actress that is going to do a great job playing a important and iconic character.

Seriously, she is amazing in "The Fighter".
Old 03-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Amy Adams is one of the best actressess working today. She is perfect for the role of Lois Lane.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:39 PM
I just hope they make pa Kent bostonian so Costner can resurrect the 13 Days accent.

Last edited by john_rambo; 03-27-2011 at 09:42 PM..
Old 03-27-2011, 10:23 PM
There's no doubt Adams is a lovely and talented actress, but I would have much preferred Rachel McAdams.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
There's no doubt Adams is a lovely and talented actress, but I would have much preferred Rachel McAdams.
Adams is a better pick. McAdams is a very good actress, but does not bring the attitude that Adams will bring. Just watch Adams in "The Fighter" and you'll see why she is a good actress for such a strong character.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:03 AM
More great casting news Amy Adams can portray spunky and tough with ease.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Just when I thought it couldn't get better with the casting of Kevin Costner and Diane Lane this happens.

There is no doubt in my mind that Amy Adams will surpass Margot Kidder to become the best Lois Lane EVER!
Old 03-28-2011, 08:33 AM
I am not sure how I feel about Adams as Lane, but at least she is age appropriate for the character.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Soloist View Post
Adams is a better pick. McAdams is a very good actress, but does not bring the attitude that Adams will bring. Just watch Adams in "The Fighter" and you'll see why she is a good actress for such a strong character.
I think it all depends on how they utilize Adams. McAdams looks much better and I think could have played a sexy Lois (something we've never gotten) with the tough sense. Adams, aside from The Fighter, has always had an innocence to her which makes her appear to approachable and lovable. I'm hoping she can do of what she did with The Fighter, and less with Julie & Julia.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Its probably better for McAdams that she doesn't get type cast as the superhero's love interest, what with already playing Irene Adler and all.

Say what you will, but Sherlock Holmes is totally a superhero...
Old 03-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Its probably better for McAdams that she doesn't get type cast as the superhero's love interest, what with already playing Irene Adler and all.

Say what you will, but Sherlock Holmes is totally a superhero...
Yeah he is.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:56 PM
This is going to be a good superman movie for a change. I can feel it.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Amy Adams seems to have more of a Lana Lang vibe to me. I hope she proves me wrong.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
Amy Adams seems to have more of a Lana Lang vibe to me. I hope she proves me wrong.
I think she's a talented enough actress that she could be believable in the role of Bizarro if she had to.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknite125 View Post
I think she's a talented enough actress that she could be believable in the role of Bizarro if she had to.
Let's not overstate her abilities. She is a very good actress. I could name 100 that blow her away.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Let's not overstate her abilities. She is a very good actress. I could name 100 that blow her away.
Michelle Monaghan would have been the ultimate choice for Lois Lane.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Michelle Monaghan would have been the ultimate choice for Lois Lane.
How can I say this - Monaghan has always looked sort of manly to me for some reason. I don't know what it is. She's too butch looking or something. I don't know - I can't explain it.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Quote:
How can I say this - Monaghan has always looked sort of manly to me for some reason. I don't know what it is. She's too butch looking or something. I don't know - I can't explain it.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
This is a great movie. Monaghan is awesome in it and really shows a side of herself we have never seen before.

Plus, it has Nathan Fillion in it so that's only a positive.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Metallo and Sam Lane are the antagonists.

This might be more of a Superman v the military type movie.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Metallo and Sam Lane are the antagonists.

This might be more of a Superman v the military type movie.
I'm getting a Hulk vs the military vibe from the synopsis for the Superman movie.

I have faith that this time it will be good. Unlike the previous.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Quote:

I have faith that this time it will be good. Unlike the previous.
I would love to share your optomism. However, the budget for this film, Synder directing, and the fact that's its being made to keep the rights to the character all leave me skeptical.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:44 PM

Looks like Michael Shannon will be playing Zod

http://collider.com/michael-shannon-...f-steel/85250/
Old 04-10-2011, 05:46 PM
That is going to be a very odd performance.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
Looks like Michael Shannon will be playing Zod

http://collider.com/michael-shannon-...f-steel/85250/
I like the casting. It's different and inspiring. He'll do a great job,

I am more concerned with who is going to play Lex Luthor.

With Snyder and the cast, I am sure the movie will be great, but part of me is still skeptical. I hope it turns out to be great, but I still have my doubts until I see some pictures and footage.

I mean if this movie sucks, we won't get another Superman for a very long time. And Superman is tied for my favorite Comic Book Superhero of all time, so if this movie sucks I will be very dissapointed.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Yay Michael Shannon!

Booo Zod!

Shannon would have been a MUCH better LL.

Meh...
Old 04-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Yay Michael Shannon!

Booo Zod!

Shannon would have been a MUCH better LL.

Meh...
I agree. Shannon is a good actor and makes this movie better, but I just don't see him as General Zod. Lex Luthor yes, Zod no.

As I stated before, I am more interested in seeing who is going to play Lex Luthor.

By the way, your avatar is amazing.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Love the casting of Shannon period. Dislike his casting as Zod. Not because I hate Zod but I want a different Supes villain altogether.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drc5145 View Post
Love the casting of Shannon period. Dislike his casting as Zod. Not because I hate Zod but I want a different Supes villain altogether.
At least we can take solace in knowing that, despite it being Zod, it will be quite a different character altogether with Shannon.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
At least we can take solace in knowing that, despite it being Zod, it will be quite a different character altogether with Shannon.
Gotta agree ya adam. I think Shannon will bring a whole different take to the character which should be interesting.

The question still remains though...who will be Lex Luthor???
Old 04-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Gotta agree ya adam. I think Shannon will bring a whole different take to the character which should be interesting.

The question still remains though...who will be Lex Luthor???
Do we know Lex Luthor will be in the movie? It certainly hasn't been confirmed by the studio, but it's interesting to me that so many are just assuming he'll be in the picture. It's like people who were guessing who would play The Riddler in The 3rd Batman movie even though nobody said he would be in it.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Do we know Lex Luthor will be in the movie? It certainly hasn't been confirmed by the studio, but it's interesting to me that so many are just assuming he'll be in the picture. It's like people who were guessing who would play The Riddler in The 3rd Batman movie even though nobody said he would be in it.
Yeah very true. I am pretty much just assuming Lex will be in this.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Yeah very true. I am pretty much just assuming Lex will be in this.
Haha, it's cool, I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss any announcements or anything. After Zod's announcement I figure people would dread another recycled villain. Was that Metallo rumor confirmed? Or is it still just a rumor?
Old 04-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Haha, it's cool, I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss any announcements or anything. After Zod's announcement I figure people would dread another recycled villain. Was that Metallo rumor confirmed? Or is it still just a rumor?
I could see Metallo being a quickie villain.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Very true. It's why I'm still on for this film. I dig Shannon a lot so at least he'll bring something new to the table as Zod.

As for Luthor, I could see him still being in the film in a scaled-back, background presence. I'm not the biggest Supes fan but even I know how large Luthor's presence in nearly all Superman stories. He doesn't need to have much of a role in the next film but maybe a scene or 2 or maybe a small reference to him.

Casting an actor like Shannon certainly means Zod will have a lot of screen time so Luthor might not have too much. But we'll see.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Casting an actor like Shannon certainly means Zod will have a lot of screen time so Luthor might not have too much. But we'll see.
While I think Shannon will be awesome, he has never had a lot of screen time.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Very true. It's why I'm still on for this film. I dig Shannon a lot so at least he'll bring something new to the table as Zod.

As for Luthor, I could see him still being in the film in a scaled-back, background presence. I'm not the biggest Supes fan but even I know how large Luthor's presence in nearly all Superman stories. He doesn't need to have much of a role in the next film but maybe a scene or 2 or maybe a small reference to him.

Lex Luthor NEEDS to be in this film, but since it is the first one out of most likely three, Luthor should just be in a couple of scenes and should be a background character.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Really not MOS related, but am I the only one that would like to see a Superman movie that's seen through Lex Luthor's eyes?

I don't think a comic movie has ever been made where we see things from the villain's point of view. And I think this would be pretty epic if done right.