Old 04-16-2011, 01:48 AM
WORST...MOVIE...EVER!!!

lets hear em!
what would you say is the worst movie ever??

I'll start!

for me it's a tie between The Box and The Happening

what I wouldn't give to get those 3 1/2 hours of my life back! =(

your turn! =)

worst movie ever?
Old 04-16-2011, 03:28 AM
Battlefield Earth. Hands down.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:58 AM

The Box is such a horrible movie, it actually puts me in a bad mood, But the worst movie I've ever seen is a movie called The Number One Girl.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:33 AM
I try to make a point to avoid bad movies like the plague, but because my family's tastes in movies are far more lax than mine, a couple have crawled over the fence over the years. There's still nothing painful to sit through than unfunny comedies... and I didn't laugh once at either "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective" or "Wedding Crashers."
Old 04-16-2011, 08:04 AM
Voodoo Woman
Old 04-16-2011, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoojib127 View Post
I try to make a point to avoid bad movies like the plague, but because my family's tastes in movies are far more lax than mine, a couple have crawled over the fence over the years. There's still nothing painful to sit through than unfunny comedies... and I didn't laugh once at either "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective" or "Wedding Crashers."
HAHAHAHA, Ace Ventura is my idol. Could watch those movies back to back, over and over again. Never get tired of them. Wedding crashers is killer too. Wouldn't say its the classic a lot of other people think it is, not close to the Ace movies, but it was very funny. Will Ferrel's cameo is hilarious.

When I think worst movie ever I don't think of crap like the Justin Beiber movie or any of the low budget direct to video stuff Hollywood puts out. I expect that too be bad and usually don't watch it. For me, for a movie to be bad, I have to have expectations it is going to be good and then be seriously let down.

For example, I recently watched City of God after much reading and talking about it and on the suggestion of a friend. Well, I fell asleep during it. Not a terrible movie but certainly not a classic, very far from it IMO. But everything is OK, I popped Colors in the next night and reminded myself what a really good, gritty crime/gangster movie looks like.

Last edited by rustysyringe; 04-16-2011 at 08:21 AM..
Old 04-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Easily Battlefield Earth or the Baby Geniuses films.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:56 AM
I hate THE BOX sooo much. But my least favorite ever is THE HOT CHICK.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Master of Disguise
The Happening
Hostel 2
I know who killed me
Charlie and the chocolate factory
Old 04-16-2011, 12:43 PM
I actually really liked The Box and find it underrated

As for worst? Baby Geniuses or Howard the Duck.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Worst movies I've ever seen are:

Corpses are Forever
Day of the Dead 2: Contagium
Rob Zombie's Halloween remake
Paranormal Activity

Those are the first ones to pop into my head. I guess I can mention Troll 2 and The Room but those are enjoyable for how bad they were put together. I might check out Birdemic too sometime.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Three way

For me, it's a three way tie between New Moon, Skinwalkers, and The Break-Up.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:30 PM
I think The Box, though far from perfect, is really good thought provoking existential sci fi

..and seriously, whos joining, 12 yr olds? Cuz when someone says the worst movie EVER, Id lke to read some titles that go back more than 2 years.

Only cuz I just watched some of it this morning, Id have to say SPACEBALLS is one of Mel Brooks' worst. Stupid, crappy, inane UNFUNNY period..
Old 04-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Catwoman.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Funny Games

A brutally depressing and masochistic movie made all the worse considering the director was using it as a metaphor to criticize what he saw as American bloodlust. Whatever. Fuck you, buddy.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:32 PM
The 4th Kind (i hate everyone who STILL thinks this is real. yes, people still haven't caught on that it was all faked for the marketing)
the Twilight series (i've seen the rifftrax, which were all hilarious, but the movies were complete garbage)
Paranormal Activity (completely over rated. not a single scare, and the only 2 people in the damned thing were completely unlikable)
Cop Out (shows once again that Kevin Smith is a 1 note director who i wouldnt miss if they were hit by a van...course, i would be worried about the state of the van after such a collision)
of course there's Battlefield Earth, but i've never been able to stomach it long enough to finish it

there's more on my list, but i'm drawing a blank right now. i'm sure more'll come to me, and i'll post again later
Old 04-16-2011, 04:44 PM
I'll never watch THEE worst movie ever all the way through but the worst movie I did see all the way through was Car 54 Where are You?
Old 04-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Mortal Kombat 2
Crank
Little Woman[1994]
Old 04-16-2011, 05:09 PM
For me , it does not get worse than Jaws : The Revenge. It makes Jaws 2 ( which was a pretty good sequel ) looks like a classic.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:14 PM
how the shit did i forget The Village?!
Old 04-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
Funny Games

A brutally depressing and masochistic movie made all the worse considering the director was using it as a metaphor to criticize what he saw as American bloodlust. Whatever. Fuck you, buddy.
Not only that but staging the husband golf club attack scene in BOTH films so unreal as to make the husband a total pussy which I didnt buy in either flick
Old 04-17-2011, 01:12 AM
I actually found Funny Games to be very amusing. I never took it seriously because it seemed to me to be playing almost as a satire of home invasion movies. It was all very tongue in cheek with Michael Pitt and Brady Corbitt practically winking at the camera the entire time.

I also LOVED The Box. I don't get the hate that movie receives. A very cool, inventive and twisted and surreal sci-fi noir thriller with two intriguing moral dilemmas at it's core and an ending that packs a punch. A real comeback for director Richard Kelly after his previous misfire, Southland Tales.

Some of the worst movies I have ever seen:

Three Strikes
Simon Sez
Guilty by Association
Thicker Than Water
Drop Dead Gorgeous
Mr. Wrong
The Mangler
The Truth About Charlie
Feast
Nacho Libre
The Libertine
Spice World
Adam Sandler's 8 Crazy Nights
Meet the Spartans
Disaster Movie
Epic Movie
Inside
Breakfast of Champions
Old Dogs
Halloween II (2009)
Old 04-17-2011, 01:30 AM
Lots of Z grade horror stuff... Some of the early 90's Slahsers pre-Scream could all be voted pretty high.

The Happening
The Village
Epic/Scary/Disaster/x/etc Movies
The Devil

All had huge exposer and were all insultingly bad.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Oh yes, The 4th Kind is definitely bad.

I also remembered another one that probably most of you have never seen because I saw it at Sundance last year and haven't heard yet if its gotten released. But its called The Violent Kind and its written and directed by a couple of guys who call themselves "The Butcher Brothers."
Old 04-17-2011, 08:11 PM
21 Grams or The Village for me
Old 04-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Space View Post
Lots of Z grade horror stuff... Some of the early 90's Slahsers pre-Scream could all be voted pretty high.

The Happening
The Village
Epic/Scary/Disaster/x/etc Movies
The Devil

All had huge exposer and were all insultingly bad.
Amen to that list.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:49 PM
I like the Village. That is all.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:21 PM
The Wicker Man (2006)
American Psycho 2
Shutter
Old 04-21-2011, 09:07 PM
wow no mention of 'Manos The Hands Of Fate'
Old 04-21-2011, 11:18 PM
Scarface is probably my most hated movie of all time. I don't understand why it has such a massive and loyal following because to me it's a god awful movie. I think Pacino gave the worst performance of his career because he seems like he's trying to top himself in every scene, at that point it was as if he was begging for an Oscar. The movie could have been an hour and half shorter. It feels like a three hour long exploitation film hiding under the cloak of serious gangster film.

Tequila Sunrise is a movie that I watched very recently and I honestly don't know why in the fuck I wasted two hours of my life to it. I figured a film that had Mel Gibson and Kurt Russel would have some good fight scenes or at least a good action sequence but no all it is two hours of them arguing over Michelle Pfiefer. I was expecting Kurt Russel to go crazy and try to kill Mel but no I got two hours of what felt like a made for TV movie or the pilot for a soap opera with a tad bit better acting. And that is about the nicest thing about this boring pile of shit that can say.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm going to have to go with "The Box" as well. Not just because it was bad, but also so disappointing. Great concept, cool director....HORRIBLE movie.

Rob Zombie's "Halloween II" is probably the absolute out-and-out worst movie I've seen lately though.

I thought Tim Burton's "Alice In Wonderland" was a huge mess, but not sure if it qualifies to be placed on a "Worst Movies" list.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:21 PM
The Garbage Pail Kids Movie was pretty darn bad.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
One of the most bizarre kids' movies ever made - in fact I'd say it rivals "Howard the Duck" in that respect.

They sure greenlighted some weird kids' movies in the '80s didn't they?
Old 04-24-2011, 11:58 AM
1.April Fools Day(1986)
2.Crank
3.Crank 2
4.Hatchet II
5.Jonah Hex
6.My Soul to Take
Old 04-24-2011, 01:05 PM
the happening,so bad i had to watch it twice to make sure i had not dreamt it.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Transformers 2 imo.

I'm not a Bay hater either(loved The Rock and Bad Boys) but this was such a big, loud, overpriced piece of shit film it was insulting. Plus, the combination of Shia Lebeouf & Megan Fox as the lead actors was just unbearable.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
Transformers 2 imo.

I'm not a Bay hater either(loved The Rock and Bad Boys) but this was such a big, loud, overpriced piece of shit film it was insulting. Plus, the combination of Shia Lebeouf & Megan Fox as the lead actors was just unbearable.
What did you think of the first film?

I never really understood why people loved the first film but hated the second one. They are practically the same movie. Except, the action is actually slightly better in the second one actually IMO. I mean, I don't think either of them are particularly good movies, but I slightly enjoyed the second one more than the first one. The camera was still all over the place, but it wasn't quite as bad as it was in the first one. And the forrest fight between Optimus Prime and the Deceptacons was such a badass moment!
Old 04-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Over-sexed Rugsuckers from Mars

If anyone has seen this and think it can be topped, let me know.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
Son of a bitch stole my line! Yeah, I don't think it gets worse than this. I'd rather watch Troll 2 before the Garbage Pail Kids Movie.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Vanilla Sky, I find it so fucking trite, badly acted and horribly constructed that it angers me to see it appreciated by my mucho-respected peers here.