Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Books/Comics
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2011, 09:28 PM
controversial opinion: Flashpoint is way better than fear itself

The thread title says it all. After two issues of Fear Itself, and one issue of Flashpoint, I'd have to say that Flashpoint #1 is WAY better than fear itself #1 and #2. I've read all three, and coming into it, I had high, high hopes for fear itself, and I thought Flashpoint looked pretty meh. Matt Fraction is a writer whose work I think highly of, but he's miscast writing this event book for marvel. My pull list tends to lean DC, but I still pick up lots of monthlies from both publishers, and I really thought the preview stuff for fear itself was cool looking, and I hoped that Fraction would make this work. I thought fear itself #2 had some moments, but, all in all, meh. Flashpoint #1 was really, really cool and made me want to pick up #2, but I'll be dropping fear itself.

Thoughts?
Old 05-14-2011, 11:51 PM
So far both have been fun and entertaining, but neither has done anything to wow me and make me decide one is better than the other. Maybe when both are closer to finish I'll have a better opinion, but I'm not one to judge a comic when the story arc is first beginning. It's like reading one chapter of a book and basing your opinion a of the book around that.