Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Books/Comics
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Comic Sequels/continuations, writen by the same writer, that don't compare

So i was talking with a friend the other day and saw that he was reading the "Skaar: Son of the Hulk" trade and i asked him how it was. He said it wasn't all that good, especially in comparison to the Planet Hulk/World War Hulk story that it continues off of which were excellent. I was surprised to see however when i Wiki'd Greg Pak, the write of Skarr, to see that he was also the write of Plant Hulk/World War Hulk!

Another example is The Dark Knight Strike Again not being as good as The Dark Knight Rises. I'll agree that its not on the same level as the first but i never thought it was all that bad either.

What are some other examples of a sequel or continuation of a story, done by the same write, that just doesn't stand up well with it's predecessor?
Old 05-14-2011, 11:53 PM
I can think of the opposite. Peter David's X-Factor back in the 90's was one of the best X-men comics at the time. His current X-Factor is so much better than that. Mostly because Marvel lets him do whatever he wants with it.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mattimeo View Post
I can think of the opposite. Peter David's X-Factor back in the 90's was one of the best X-men comics at the time. His current X-Factor is so much better than that. Mostly because Marvel lets him do whatever he wants with it.
So David's finally getting what he wants from Marvel eh? Good for him Oddly enough i was flipping through an old issue of Wizard the other day and found an article about him being one oof the more outspoken ppl at Marvel over the years and the problems it has caused him, lol.