Old 05-04-2011, 05:46 PM
My new fantasy novel!

So as a prequel to what my book is about... As a kid I came up with a great idea for an MMORPG and I named it Drylor. As I grew up I realized that was a pipe dream, so I decided to use the binders of information and maps I made for the world of Drylor for a book, 9 books in fact. This is the start of a new legacy.

Itís not a short story but an actual novel that I wrote myself. It is about a man that suffers amnesia and struggles to regain his memory throughout the story. As he does, he realizes that his brother has become corrupted and is on team Jacob, which of course he just canít stand for since he loves Edward. (No, really Iím just kidding)

Back to being serious, Throughout the book, the main character, Von slowly gathers his memory back and makes it his mission in life to end his brotherís heartless massacres and stop him from destroying the world of Drylor.

If I have perked your interests here is what the back of the book says and also a picture of the front cover!

When a man wakes up inside a cage that is being carried through
an underground city, he has no idea where he is or what has
happened to him. As Von, a victim of amnesia, is taken to a jail
cell to await his fate amongst elves, humans, dwarfs, gnomes, and
halflings, he is told he is a member of the Royal Guard of Genisus.
It is not long before he is transported to the palace where he
meets an impatient king who eventually returns him to his jail
cell while deciding his destiny.

As Vonís memory slowly returns, he discovers that he is the only
one who can protect Dryloróa world that abandoned himó
from its greatest evil, his own brother. Through his journey to the
truth, Von meets an unlikely group of friends who are willing
to sacrifice everything to help him stop his brother Scarlet
from annihilating the only world they have ever known.

As Vonís past becomes clear and reveals his future, he soon
realizes the only way he can end his brotherís heartless
massacres is to find him and kill him.

What do you guys think? Does it sound interesting to you, if you picked it up in a store, read the back and seen the cover would you be more prone to buying it or would you just put it back down?
Old 05-13-2011, 10:23 PM
It sounds decent, probably something I might think about picking up and reading, the trouble would be, the blurb on the back really doesn't tell me how this book is new or different from a ton of others I've looked through. At the end, how you execute the plot is the most important thing, but the plot summary itself sounds decidedly cliche. Again, without having read your book in detail, I am not qualified to say offhand, I'm only saying that the summary is okay.

I would be willing, by the way, to give your book, or some sample chapters thereof (whatever you feel comfortable with) a flip through and offer some advice. I've written short stories/novels before, even published a few on my own website for the world to devour, critisize and insult, so I know how nerve-wracking the process can be. If you'd like me to read over what you wrote, and offer some pointers, shoot me a PM and I'll give you an email address, If not, I understand, and good luck with your work! The world could use more writers who write what they dream.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Congratulations on the book! I've got a few out myself, so I'd be glad to check your book out/give any critique you would like.