Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Misc. NON-MOVIE TALK forum
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
I have trouble believing that that many people actually believed in this. Statistics are so wildly unreliable these days. Especially when they come from 'experts' and not real data.
Believe this: I saw a horde of these believers with shirts and signs while walking along 34th St in Manhattan on my way to a job interview. On the way back home I saw some guy in a suit arguing with one of them, obviously telling the nutter "You've wasted your time and money and you're in my way!"
Old 05-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
Is DaisyDukeGirl Bondgirl in disguise?
Respectable theory, but DDG has better grammar.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekin111 View Post
Absolutely fantastic.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Well l have to agree also how and why people believe in this type of crap

I was on the bus last night coming home from work.
The bus driver and l were talking about how this guy who started all this has taken off with everyones money.

These people beleived in what he was saying and gave him all there money now l would have to say is that there is no trace of this religous man

I do think that people fall for religions because they are bored with themselves or dont know where to turn so of cause you have people who take advantage of this or they get there follows to try and drag you in
it is a shame that some people can not think for themselves
Old 05-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Now this motherfucker is saying Judgement day is October 21st.

Some assholes just don't know when to quit. When nothing happens in October, I hope his broke,dejected, and frustrated followers rise up and slay the dickhead, so there's never a fourth try.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:15 PM
He should just drink the Kool-Aid now and die...
Old 05-24-2011, 08:21 AM
Anyone who gave this fool money deserves to lose it. And if this is all some scheme to make money for him, then frankly I applaud it. It's the nutjobs that follow him that deserve a worse fate than the nutjob just doing it for attention and money.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:31 AM
And people give him money?

Old 05-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post

Some assholes just don't know when to quit. When nothing happens in October, I hope his broke,dejected, and frustrated followers rise up and slay the dickhead, so there's never a fourth try.
The Mayans need to find this guy and layeth the smackdown on his candy ass.
He'll turn the other cheek, it's a lock.
Messin' up their prediction. The NERVE.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Holy shit! We're still here!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Quote:

I kind of hope he keeps getting it wrong. After a while, he just looks desperate . . . and more stupid.

I personally just want to go up to the guy and say "I'll bet you a million dollars that everybody's still here on Oct. 22." Just to see if he'll take the bet.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:01 AM
I think he's hoping that he'll be dead by then.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Wouldn't be the first (or last) time a Christian has been wrong about something.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vong View Post
Wouldn't be the first (or last) time a Christian has been wrong about something.
If you're going to bait, you should do it here:

http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141850
Old 05-24-2011, 08:15 PM
Quote:

Oh change of date already
The last time l looked it was Dec 21st 2012.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Quote:

Technically, he's said this from the beginning. He said the Rapture was the 2qst, followed by 5 months on planetary destruction, culminating with "the end" on Oct. 21.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:24 PM

Let me just tell you guys, October is my month, and God and I have an understanding. He won't let Camping's fucked up prediction get in the way of us HALLOWEENERS!!!!!!! Those who want to decorate. I think we are ok!
Old 05-26-2011, 01:08 AM
lol @ anyone who believes in "judgment day."

Also, I know Harold Camping and his gullible followers are in the minority of Christians, but still, whenever some religious person predicts the end of the world, why is it almost always Christians? There's been a bazillion end of the world dates, and if you look at the religious ones, they are pretty much always biblical. I almost never see a Muslim or a Jew or whoever saying that the world is gonna end anytime soon. It's not like Christianity is the only religion that believes in some 'end of days' scenario...
Old 05-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
If you're going to bait, you should do it here:

http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141850
This is a bait:

Quote:
Jesus was black and probably gay
What I posted was legit and relevant to the OP and obvious results of the failed "prediction".
Old 05-26-2011, 06:09 PM
No, that was one of the baitiest baits I've ever seen. A bait can have relevance to the conversation, your comment was relevant but it added nothing beyond singling out Christianity and taking a little dig at it. I hate organized religion but yeah, I rolled my eyes at your comment.

Not the first time a Christian was wrong? Wow, such insight. Human beings are incorrect sometimes... and some of them worship Christ!

edit: BTW I'm cool with you baiting, internet arguments over religion are fun to read! We already have a thread for it, though.

Last edited by DaveyJoeG; 05-26-2011 at 07:37 PM..
Old 05-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Non-Christains are often wrong too :P
Old 05-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
No, that was one of the baitiest baits I've ever seen. A bait can have relevance to the conversation, your comment was relevant but it added nothing beyond singling out Christianity and taking a little dig at it. I hate organized religion but yeah, I rolled my eyes at your comment.

Not the first time a Christian was wrong? Wow, such insight. Human beings are incorrect sometimes... and some of them worship Christ!

edit: BTW I'm cool with you baiting, internet arguments over religion are fun to read! We already have a thread for it, though.
Sorry my quick comment doesn't meet to your high expectations in this thread. It's not like I'm derailing the topic. I could have said more on the issue, but this wack-job doesn't deserve anymore attention than a simple retort on an internet forum.

I'll try to keep my comments to your liking, officer.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vong View Post
I could have said more on the issue, this wack-job doesn't deserve anymore attention than a simple retort on an internet forum.
...and seizing a chance for you to fire a zinger at all Christians. Don't take a high road that doesn't exist -- your comment was about Christians as a group, not your anger/pity/disgust with Camping. It's totally fine to do one or the other, but to bait (yes) and then become incredulous about someone calling you on it seems a bit silly.

At least we can all agree Camping's a dangerous moron.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
...and seizing a chance for you to fire a zinger at all Christians. Don't take a high road that doesn't exist -- your comment was about Christians as a group, not your anger/pity/disgust with Camping. It's totally fine to do one or the other, but to bait (yes) and then become incredulous about someone calling you on it seems a bit silly.

At least we can all agree Camping's a dangerous moron.
You're right. Christians ARE idiots.