Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Misc. NON-MOVIE TALK forum
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2011, 12:36 AM
Short films from your childhood that used to play on TV (HBO, Disney channel, etc.)

Hey, does anyone remember any of the short films that used to play regularly on TV? If you grew up in the 70s and 80s, it was a pretty normal thing. I remember them mostly on HBO or the Disney Channel. For instance:

Dad, Can I Borrow the Car? - Anyone else remember this one? I honestly can't remember the list time I saw this - maybe twenty-five years ago, yet when I found the movie on YouTube, I started remembering every detail like I'd just seen in yesterday. But I never knew it was narrated by a young Kurt Russell. Plus, there were jokes that I never got until now.

Closet Cases of the Nerd Kind - A parody of Close Encounters that used to play on HBO a lot. I thought this was hilarious when I was a kid. I especially loved the scene with the singing mailboxes.

Hardware Wars - The classic. You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll kiss three bucks goodbye.

Porklips Now - A parody of Apocalypse Now that totally went over my head as a kid. I only remember it because it was on a VHS tape featuring the previous two movies. All of the sudden, it's funny now.

The HBO Logo - Not exactly a short film, but this is the extended Feature Presentation short with all the cool miniature animation and the most kick ass theme music ever.