Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Misc. NON-MOVIE TALK forum
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2011, 03:57 PM
"I cannot seperate with my DOS software" .. Anyone else out there?

I was visiting an old co-worker that I worked with about 7-8 years ago.

He's a freelancer, and I remember teasing him for having such an outdated piece of software that he used for keeping up with his hours, who he worked with, name of the client, etc etc etc.. Like a calender if you will. The part of the software where he had to fill in his invoice was particularly shabby.. The whole thing was in DOS. It almost exactly looked like the computer screens in 'WarGames" and "DARYL", back from the 80's..

To my astonishment, but also to my delight (he's so stubborn) he is STILL using this DOS software!! His explanation: 'It works fine, if it ain't broken, why fix it?' .. Well, he is kinda right

It made me wonder .. anyone else out there that cannot file for divorce from a certain piece of 'outdated software'?
Old 06-17-2011, 08:00 PM
DOS is a great system if you know how to navigate it. When i was a kid one of my favourite things to do was find random floppy disks and seach through them for anything interesting. Found some cool games sometimes.

I can never remember the command sequence to copy files for some reason though.