#5081  
Old 07-06-2011, 06:26 PM
What are the odds the NFL announces an agreement during the MLB All Star Game?
Reply With Quote
  #5082  
Old 07-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Sad to hear about Kerry Collins retiring. On the one hand, it was clearly time, but I've been a Panthers fan since I was a kid and he was one of the first QBs I got to know really well.
Reply With Quote
  #5083  
Old 07-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Makes me feel old as well...1995 was probably the first draft I really followed at 9 years old...still remember pullin a few Collins rookie cards outta packs back in the day.
Reply With Quote
  #5084  
Old 07-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando @$$ Fat View Post
Sad to hear about Kerry Collins retiring. On the one hand, it was clearly time, but I've been a Panthers fan since I was a kid and he was one of the first QBs I got to know really well.
yeah, a good guy you can have a drink with or 20. I am a Giant fan. All I seem to remember is his awful Super Bowl.
Reply With Quote
  #5085  
Old 07-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Come on NFL, make a deal already!
Reply With Quote
  #5086  
Old 07-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Finally, the nightmare is over! The NFL is back! Don't care about preseason, just want the season to begin. I can live without football but it would be weird to have season where millions of Americans don't have the game they loved so much.

Last edited by John@$$; 07-25-2011 at 02:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5087  
Old 07-25-2011, 07:58 PM
I heard the bookees made them all an offer they could not refuse.
Reply With Quote
  #5088  
Old 07-25-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm glad this bullshit is finally over.
Reply With Quote
  #5089  
Old 07-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Definatley glad its over and great that the NFL is on this season. Now about that Redskins-Bills game in Toronto in late October this year.......
Reply With Quote
  #5090  
Old 07-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Absolute craziness being an Eagles fan the last few days.....I would have bet my house a few years ago if you were to tell me Mike Vick AND Vince Young would be on the roster in 2011.
Reply With Quote
  #5091  
Old 07-31-2011, 02:15 PM
10 random thoughts about the frenzy:

1. Asomugha is overrated (please don't compare him to Revis... EVER) but he's still an elite corner who will help the Eagles' terrible defense. Babin and Jenkins were also great signings, and getting Cromartie was key as the Eagles lacked speed in the secondary. But they had arguably the worst offensive line in the league last year. They still need help up front if they're gonna win the Super Bowl. Their linebackers also suck. Maybe an Asante Samuel trade can help them find addtional pieces.

2. Haynesworth and Ochocinco in New England is a problem for the rest of the league. Haynesworth playing meaningful football at a position he's suited for (he won't have to play nose tackle since Wilfork is there) is scary. And as for Ochocinco, he's the best receiver Brady ever had other than Moss. And he runs much cleaner underneath routes than Moss does. He's gonna fit in perfectly.

3. I appreciate Peyton Manning taking "less money," but why did the Colts use the extra money to resign Addai? He's always hurt and is mediocre at best.

4. I think Plaxico is going to be great with the Jets. I guess that means Braylon Edwards will be looking for a new home. I still think the Eagles should've given Plax what he wanted, but whatever.

5. The Vikings should've tried harder to keep Sidney Rice. I think Donovan and Rice could've worked magic on slant patterns. Still, though, I like the Vikings bringing McNabb in. He never had a truly elite running back to rely on before. Maybe they sign Braylon to give Donovan a big target?

6. The price for Kevin Kolb was too high, but I appreciate the Cardinals' balls. But until they can run the ball, I don't care who their qb is.

7. The Rams should've offered a lot for Reggie Bush. He belongs in a dome, and no running back has had less help recently than poor Steven Jackson. Bush would've been a perfect complement.

8. I'm not sure if it shows maturity (wanting to learn from Reid and Vick) or cowardice (not wanting to compete for a starting job) that Vince Young signed with a team to be the backup.

9. Johnathan Joseph will not put the Texans over the top. I honestly don't even think he's good.

10. This Carson Palmer story is interesting. I wonder if TO and Ochocinco being gone will make him willing to come back to the Bengals since the circus is out of town. I can't see him retiring. But who knows. Needless to say, it's an interesting face off.
Reply With Quote
  #5092  
Old 08-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Randy Moss retiring doesn't come as much of a surprise, given recent events and what he apparently wanted.

His agent said he wanted to play for a contender. Given Moss' ego, I assume he would've wanted to be an integral part of the offense (meaning he wouldn't want to just be a red zone threat for the Eagles or something). There were only 3 teams that fit the bill:

Pats - traded for Ochocinco instead. Moss wouldn't have started
Jets - signed Burress instead. Definitely not a coincidence that Moss retired the day after Plax signed with the Jets.

Now, the third team that I think REALLY could've used Moss and I'm somewhat surprised by their apparent lack of interest, was the Baltimore Ravens. They have an elite defense, solid running game, but no receivers. They cut Derrick Mason. I thought Moss would've been a solid fit there, and no one acts up on Ray Lewis' team. I wonder why their name was never mentioned, not just for Moss, but for any big name receiver.
Reply With Quote
  #5093  
Old 08-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
3. I appreciate Peyton Manning taking "less money," but why did the Colts use the extra money to resign Addai? He's always hurt and is mediocre at best.
His blocking.

IMO though, had Donald Brown panned out the way they thought when they drafted him, I doubt Joe would have been brought back.
Reply With Quote
  #5094  
Old 08-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
Now, the third team that I think REALLY could've used Moss and I'm somewhat surprised by their apparent lack of interest, was the Baltimore Ravens. They have an elite defense, solid running game, but no receivers. They cut Derrick Mason. I thought Moss would've been a solid fit there, and no one acts up on Ray Lewis' team. I wonder why their name was never mentioned, not just for Moss, but for any big name receiver.
Because the Ravens are a hard-hitting team who want receivers that will block. That is why they picked up Boldin last year because he is not afraid to hit and be hit.
Reply With Quote
  #5095  
Old 08-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damone View Post
His blocking.

IMO though, had Donald Brown panned out the way they thought when they drafted him, I doubt Joe would have been brought back.
Yeah he's a great blocker, but the fact that they drafted Brown led me to believe they were souring on Addai. And since then, although Brown has pretty much sucked, Addai hasn't exactly tore it up. I figured they'd just sign a free agent running back at this point, but I guess not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuriusJorge View Post
Because the Ravens are a hard-hitting team who want receivers that will block. That is why they picked up Boldin last year because he is not afraid to hit and be hit.
Perhaps, but it doesn't change the fact that their offense has very little explosion.

I should've also added the Bears as a team that could've used him. They were just in the NFC Championship Game a year ago. A guy like Moss would've helped their chances of getting there again this season.

But now I'm hearing Moss wanted a multi-year deal, which is probably why there was a lack of interest among contenders.
Reply With Quote
  #5096  
Old 08-02-2011, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
Perhaps, but it doesn't change the fact that their offense has very little explosion.
Oh yea, I agree, but I don't think that is one of those things they think about too much. They just want to grind it out.
Reply With Quote
  #5097  
Old 08-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
Yeah he's a great blocker, but the fact that they drafted Brown led me to believe they were souring on Addai.
I don't think it was so much as souring on him as much as the miles he'd have on him at the end of his contract. Plus they seemed to liked having the dual running backs that worked with Addai and Rhodes. Have the two split time then when Joe's contract is up you let him go, grab another rookie RB to split with Brown.

Wash/rinse/repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
And since then, although Brown has pretty much sucked, Addai hasn't exactly tore it up.
None of their backs have done much and I think alot of that has more to do with the O-line. Bill Polian more or less built that line to keep people off 18 but not to be able to actually move people and open holes. When he blamed the O-line for the SB loss to NO and then does NOTHING to improve it, that kind of irritated me a tad. If anything he made it worse by letting Ryan Lilja go. Since Bill didn't do the drafting this year and they took two O-line guys in the first and second round, I'm hoping this is the start of fixing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
I figured they'd just sign a free agent running back at this point, but I guess not.
I guess the thinking was, "With the lockout and everything do you sign an average back who doesn't know the system or do you keep your average back who does?"

Oh well, I just can't wait for the season to start to see what happens.
Reply With Quote
  #5098  
Old 08-11-2011, 10:32 PM
That time of year again!!

NFL Champions-New York Jets
AFC Champion-New York Jets
NFC Champion-Philadelphia Eagles
AFC North Champion-Pittsburgh Steelers
AFC East Champion-New York Jets
AFC South Champion-Houston Texans
AFC West Champion-Denver Broncos
NFC North Champion-Green Bay Packers
NFC East Champion-Philadelphia Eagles
NFC South Champion-Atlanta Falcons
NFC West Champion-Seattle Seahawks
AFC Wild Card-Kansas City Chiefs and New England Patriots
NFC Wild Card-Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Chicago Bears
NFL MVP-Michael Vick
NFL Rookie(s) Of The Year- Cam Newton and Von Miller
Reply With Quote
  #5099  
Old 08-12-2011, 01:18 AM
I was going to post my free agent thoughts on here but there are so many so with that and my predictions I'd figure I'll try and stick them all into one

BTW if something drastically happens in the preseason(injuries, Carson Palmer backs down from retirement threat) I reserve all right to change this

AFC EAST
NY Jets (11-5) - Lost out on Asomugha but team will survive mostly stayed together still don't understand the Burress signing but oh well it will be interesting to see how much he can contribute I'm guess not a lot

New England Patriots (11-5) - Chad Ochocinco and Albert Haynesworth apparently its 2008 again Ochocinco hasn't been really good in 3 years and Haynesworth is only good when he's motivated

Miami Dolphins (7-9) I don't believe in Chad Henne and I don't believe in Reggie Bush as a starting RB

Buffalo Bills (4-12) - I got nothing here except this is the team I get to see my Redskins play in Toronto on Ovtober 30th(pending getting tickets for it)

AFC NORTH

Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) - team still in tact which is a good thing considering the short training camp

Baltimore Ravens (11-5) - Will miss Derrick Mason more than they realize

Cleveland Browns (4-12) Ugh!

Cincinnati Bengals (3-13) So with Carson Palmer threatening to retire their QB is ????? No seriously I have no idea

AFC South
Indianapolis Colts (11-5) - Its like they win this every year

Houston Texans (10-6) Because their offense is just as good and their swiss cheese defense can't be any worse than it was last year

Tennesse Titans (8-8) Matt Hasselbeck not much of an improvment if that over Vince Young

Jacksonville Jaguars (7-9) The last shot for David Garrard

AFC WEST
San Diego Chargers (10-6) A team this talented I think should be better than this but I think they will do what they do every year lose first 4 of 5 then win the rest of their games or close to it

Kansas City Chiefs (8-8) How much of last year was actual improvement of the team or the fact that they faced a lot of easy opponents last year this year won't get the same luxury

Oakland Raiders (7-9) Not as bad as they used to be but at least they are better than Denver

Denver Broncos (4-12) Orton, Tebow it doesn't matter

AFC Division winners
Pittsburgh
NY Jets
Indianapolis
San Diego

Wild Cards
New England
Baltimore

NFC EAST
Philadelphia Eagles (11-5) pfft dream team my ass sure they have assembled a great team but what has best team in the offseason usually get you I know because mine used to win that every year and well it never has worked out so well. And Michael Vick doesn't have a great healthy history either one big injury to him and they are toast

NY Giants (9-7) Lost Kevin Boss and Steve Smith. Defense looks like it could suffer a bit

Dallas Cowboys (8-8) Passing game great, running game is still shit and same with the secondary

Washington Redskins (6-10) Rex Grossman really????? I'm a Redskins fan and even I know they won't win this division and getting 8 wins is optimistic this year until they get a QB(and no I don't think Beck is the answer either but can't be worse than Grossman) On a side note CB Josh Wilson I think might be the best free agent signing very underrated for that they are paying him

NFC NORTH
Green Bay Packers (12-4) return the same team that won last year with maybe a full healthy roster don't forget how beat up this team was last year and having a much easier schedule than last year should benefit

Chicago Bears (9-7) I still don't buy Cutler the INT machine but rushing game and defense is enough to get by still

Detroit Lions (7-9) yes I think they improve this much but making the playoff this year would shock me

Minnesota Vikings (5-11) Lost way too much and defense has slipped and not the force they used to be

NFC SOUTH
Atlanta Falcons (11-5) Michael Turner is near the end 29 which means one more good year at most if that

New Orleans Saints (10-6) When Reggie Bush was injured the Saints offense game sufferred I know they had to trade him away because of his contract and they drafted Mark Ingram.

Tampa Bay Buccanneers (7-9) I know they improved but something there that says a regression is there

Carolina Panthers (3-13) Cam Newton ain't your saviour either another long year is there

NFC WEST
Arizona Cardinals (10-6) - Still am not buying that Kevin Kolb is that great of a QB but anything is better than Derek Anderson and ehoever else they had last year

St. Louis Rams (9-7) - An improvment in Sam Bradford and this team this year could actually be better and yes I think 2 teams make the playoffs out of the NFC West and yes I'm crazy lol

San Francisco 49ers (6-10) Still don't buy Alex Smith I just don't his last year as a starter

Seattle Seahawks (5-11) Tavarious Jackson(I know its spelled wrong I don't care) seriously if he didn't work out in Minnesota why the hell is he going to work out here. Its either him or Charlie Whitehurst or whatever his name is

NFC Division winners
Green Bay
Atlanta
Philadelphia
Arizona

Wild Cards
New Orleans
St. Louis

MVP - Aaron Rodgers GB
OPOY - Aaron Rodgers GB
DPOY - Cameron Wake MIA
OROY - Ryan Williams ARZ
DROY - ????? - Don't know enough yet will post it at a later date
Breakout star - Shonne Greene NYJ
Best Offseason Aquisition - CB Josh Wilson WSH
Worst Offseason Aquisition - Tavarius Jackson SEA



Also another thing I know this will be a down year for my Redskins I still think they are going about this the right way build young get some good yound players in and then get the franchise QB that they are looking for I don't think Beck is it I would be surprised if he is but I definatley see us drafting a QB in the 1st round in next year's draft.
Reply With Quote
  #5100  
Old 08-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post

St. Louis Rams (9-7) - An improvment in Sam Bradford and this team this year could actually be better and yes I think 2 teams make the playoffs out of the NFC West and yes I'm crazy lol
Probably the ballsiest prediction I've read/heard about the upcoming season. 2 teams in the playoffs from a division that didn't even have a .500 team last year? Interesting to see how it'll play out.

I actually think the Rams and Cardinals will both be very solid this year. As an Eagles fan, I'm big on Kolb, and it's obvious Bradford is something special in the making (still need a better primary target). However, I think the Cowboys will get the other Wild Card (I agree with Saints and Falcons both getting in from the South).
Reply With Quote
  #5101  
Old 08-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Predicting a Patriots vs Eagles Super Bowl!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5102  
Old 08-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
As an Eagles fan,
I hate you. I take back everything nice I ever said about you. I kid, but really, I do. At first glance, I have no idea where Horror is getting 9 wins from. Very tough to start out and then play a lot of in division games at the end. Teams like the Cards and 49ers will either get better at the end or really bad to get Luck in the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
I was going to post my free agent thoughts on here but there are so many so with that and my predictions I'd figure I'll try and stick them all into one.
I like you Horror, but before you made these predictions do you look at the team schedule at all? Just a question. If you did ok. Just wondering.


ALSO Are you going to run the prediction thread this year?
Reply With Quote
  #5103  
Old 08-14-2011, 08:39 PM
AFC East: NY Jets
AFC North: Pittsburgh
AFC South: Indianapolis
AFC West: Oakland

Possible Wild Cards: New England, Kansas City, Baltimore, Houston

NFC East: Philadelphia
NFC North: Green Bay
NFC South: Atlanta
NFC West: Arizona(?)

Possible Wild Cards: NY Giants, Chicago, New Orleans, Seattle

AFC Championship: NY Jets vs. New England
NFC Championship: Philadelphia vs. Green Bay

NFL Championship: NY Jets vs. Green Bay

NFL Champions: Green Bay

There are three divisions that have closer competition than the others this season. I believe the AFC East, AFC West and NFC North will all be very competitive.

In the AFC East, all four teams could be fighters this year. I believe Miami is edging closer to being a playoff team. Buffalo may need more time, though. Instinct tells me the Jets and Patriots will both work very hard to win this division. I think the Jets are on their way to a title shot.

In the AFC West, Kansas City has the worst schedule in the league. Oakland swept its own division in 2010 and San Diego is...well, San Diego. I think Oakland is on to something here, and they could make the playoffs. I believe Kansas City will need a strong defensive performance to even make it into the playoffs. But their off season picks and the draft have been very good. Still I think this division is a pick 'em.

The NFC North has Green Bay, Chicago, and Minnesota. Detroit has a couple of years left before becoming a threat in this division, but everyone else here has a legitimate shot. I believe the Packers have all the tools to repeat. It depends on injuries on the roster more than anything, really. And even with everyone healthy, Chicago could slip by and win the division.


While I'm at it, I have no faith in Indianapolis.
Reply With Quote
  #5104  
Old 08-15-2011, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
Probably the ballsiest prediction I've read/heard about the upcoming season. 2 teams in the playoffs from a division that didn't even have a .500 team last year? Interesting to see how it'll play out.

I actually think the Rams and Cardinals will both be very solid this year. As an Eagles fan, I'm big on Kolb, and it's obvious Bradford is something special in the making (still need a better primary target). However, I think the Cowboys will get the other Wild Card (I agree with Saints and Falcons both getting in from the South).
My reasoning is because I don't buy the Bears with Cutler and the NFC East after Phily the other 3 teams are going to beat up each other and the Giants are basicially the same team as the were last year that will collapse in the end just like last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous
I like you Horror, but before you made these predictions do you look at the team schedule at all? Just a question. If you did ok. Just wondering.


ALSO Are you going to run the prediction thread this year?
Yes I do look at team schedules while on paper what schedules look like weather easy or difficult at the start it most times doesn't end up that way see the AFC West or more specifically the Chargers and Chiefs.

I am aware of the Rams schedule but the rest of those teams in their division play those same teams I'm just not big on Cutler and the Bears who didn't really improve anything same with the Giants and Dallas and I think Tampa takes a step back just a hunch.

It was last year or a couple years ago that it was maybe 1 ok team out of the Cards/49ers with the Seahawks and Rams just dread awful but with the improvment at QB for Arizona and the Rams and I think Sam Bradford is poised to have a big year are clearly ahead of the Seahawks and 49ers I don't like Tavaris Jackson as a QB we've seen him in Minnesota and 49ers still have QB issues something they have had for a long while

Its partly the reason I think my redskins maybe win 6 games and thats being optimistic at best

Oh and I looked at my predictions how stupid I forgot to put a superbowl pick so

Green Bay over NY Jets

And yes I'll be doing the confidence pool again this year likely opening the thread in about a couple weeks or so look out for it
Reply With Quote
  #5105  
Old 08-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
My reasoning is because I don't buy the Bears with Cutler and the NFC East after Phily the other 3 teams are going to beat up each other and the Giants are basicially the same team as the were last year that will collapse in the end just like last year



Yes I do look at team schedules while on paper what schedules look like weather easy or difficult at the start it most times doesn't end up that way see the AFC West or more specifically the Chargers and Chiefs.

I am aware of the Rams schedule but the rest of those teams in their division play those same teams I'm just not big on Cutler and the Bears who didn't really improve anything same with the Giants and Dallas and I think Tampa takes a step back just a hunch.

It was last year or a couple years ago that it was maybe 1 ok team out of the Cards/49ers with the Seahawks and Rams just dread awful but with the improvment at QB for Arizona and the Rams and I think Sam Bradford is poised to have a big year are clearly ahead of the Seahawks and 49ers I don't like Tavaris Jackson as a QB we've seen him in Minnesota and 49ers still have QB issues something they have had for a long while

Its partly the reason I think my redskins maybe win 6 games and thats being optimistic at best

Oh and I looked at my predictions how stupid I forgot to put a superbowl pick so

Green Bay over NY Jets

And yes I'll be doing the confidence pool again this year likely opening the thread in about a couple weeks or so look out for it
OK just wondering. I guess you don't take any stock in the fact all of the missed practices and whatever during the lockout. Nice to see someone think out of the box.

I don't Green Bay going back. NFC teams for the last many years have not repeated. Not since the GB packers in 97 -98. Teams in the AFC don't usually make it to three straight AFC title games.

It will be hard tp predict this year. There will be at least 2 or 3 teams tanking for the Luck sweepstakes.
Reply With Quote
  #5106  
Old 08-17-2011, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeo4 View Post

In the AFC East, all four teams could be fighters this year. I believe Miami is edging closer to being a playoff team. Buffalo may need more time, though. Instinct tells me the Jets and Patriots will both work very hard to win this division. I think the Jets are on their way to a title shot.



Curious but how come you think AFC East is such a close race this year? Buffalo is worse off than they were last year and Miami doesn't seem to know what they are doing at the QB situation..Is Henne seriously starting for them? I dont know, I just have the East coming down between the Jets and Patriots and even then, I think the Jets will sweep the division this year. Patriots aren't who they were a few years ago..
Reply With Quote
  #5107  
Old 08-17-2011, 09:02 AM
So Eli Manning thinks he's in the same class as Tom Brady.

I didn't think anybody could top Rex Grossman for dumbest comment this preseason but this could very well be it.

And BTW Eli yes you are a 25 INT QB good luck even coming close to repeating last year with losing Steve Smith, and Kevin Boss and not signing really anybody
Reply With Quote
  #5108  
Old 08-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
So Eli Manning thinks he's in the same class as Tom Brady.

I didn't think anybody could top Rex Grossman for dumbest comment this preseason but this could very well be it.

And BTW Eli yes you are a 25 INT QB good luck even coming close to repeating last year with losing Steve Smith, and Kevin Boss and not signing really anybody
Grossman's comments were way more of a stretch, but at the same time, Grossman HAS to say things like that. Eli could've showed a bit of modesty here.

Saying he's in the "same class" as Tom Brady means he thinks he's an elite qb. He does have a Super Bowl MVP to his name, but that's about it. He's somewhat inaccurate, makes dumb decisions, and never seems to be on the same page as his receivers when it comes to option reads.

That said, he's a good qb. Probably somewhere in the 8-12 range. But Brady is top 4, and that's being very modest.
Reply With Quote
  #5109  
Old 08-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Eli is just trying to psych himself up. He probably feels a little slighted because he doesn't get the same kind of respect that other recent Super Bowl winning QB's get. Then again, Roethlisberger missed a big chunk of season last year and his game hasn't slipped nearly as much as Eli's has.

Cam Newton's debut gave me way more hope for the kid than I initially had. I know you can't tell that much from one preseason game, but it seems that my Panthers at least have someone who's willing to throw downfield. The thing I like about Cam is that he probably thinks he's a lot better than he really is, and as a result he's actually better for it.
Reply With Quote
  #5110  
Old 08-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
So Eli Manning thinks he's in the same class as Tom Brady.

I didn't think anybody could top Rex Grossman for dumbest comment this preseason but this could very well be it.

And BTW Eli yes you are a 25 INT QB good luck even coming close to repeating last year with losing Steve Smith, and Kevin Boss and not signing really anybody
I am a Giant fan. Eli is no where near Brady. Eli is good, not great. he gets nervous and throws the ball high and it bounces off their hands and ooops INT. Eli can't hit any of his guys in stride. They always have to come back to the ball or he over throws them.

As for Rex, I thought he was on the Bears still. lol. Loser.
Reply With Quote
  #5111  
Old 08-19-2011, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankaiZaraki View Post
Curious but how come you think AFC East is such a close race this year? Buffalo is worse off than they were last year and Miami doesn't seem to know what they are doing at the QB situation..Is Henne seriously starting for them? I dont know, I just have the East coming down between the Jets and Patriots and even then, I think the Jets will sweep the division this year. Patriots aren't who they were a few years ago..
You make a lot of good observations, here. I don't know if the Jets can sweep the division, but I see them winning it. Still, I see the Patriots fighting it out with them the whole way. Buffalo has been making strides, but like I said, it will take a little more time for them to be a contender. I think that Miami is trying to figure itself out and I think they could make a playoff run in the near future. Maybe not this year, but sooner than later. And I don't think the Dolphins will lay down and die this season, either.
Reply With Quote
  #5112  
Old 08-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankaiZaraki View Post
Curious but how come you think AFC East is such a close race this year? Buffalo is worse off than they were last year and Miami doesn't seem to know what they are doing at the QB situation..Is Henne seriously starting for them? I dont know, I just have the East coming down between the Jets and Patriots and even then, I think the Jets will sweep the division this year. Patriots aren't who they were a few years ago..
Buffalo is going to be much improved over last year, I expect a 7-9 season if they have no key injuries.
Reply With Quote
  #5113  
Old 08-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan1234 View Post
Buffalo is going to be much improved over last year, I expect a 7-9 season if they have no key injuries.
I think key injuries to team they play will be the only reason they get to 7-9 facing the NFC East and AFC West they are clearly the last place team in the AFC East

And despite how good the Redskins look with both Beck and Grossman have been so far it's still preseason and I'm still not counting on more than 6 wins
Reply With Quote
  #5114  
Old 08-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
I think key injuries to team they play will be the only reason they get to 7-9 facing the NFC East and AFC West they are clearly the last place team in the AFC East

And despite how good the Redskins look with both Beck and Grossman have been so far it's still preseason and I'm still not counting on more than 6 wins
Mark my words, Buffalo will surprise a lot of people this season. They lost a ton of close games last season, and their young guys are starting to develop. This season I'm hoping those close losses turn into close wins.
Reply With Quote
  #5115  
Old 08-20-2011, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan1234 View Post
Mark my words, Buffalo will surprise a lot of people this season. They lost a ton of close games last season, and their young guys are starting to develop. This season I'm hoping those close losses turn into close wins.
Hey, I'm been saying this about the Lions this year with most people that watch football but have no fucking clue about anything outside of the Patriots and teams such as Jets. I wish my man sreamer581 comes back and defends me on my defense of the Detroit Lions so some nobody that thinks he knows football starts coming in and thinks the Lions will be like the 2008-09 team.
Reply With Quote
  #5116  
Old 08-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Yeah, it's pre-season, but can we mention how Colt McCoy is owning that west coast offense? Quick decisions, great accuracy, great pocket presence, and much more accurate downfield than I ever thought he could be. Give the kid some receivers and the Browns could be a problem in the near future.
Reply With Quote
  #5117  
Old 08-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan1234 View Post
Mark my words, Buffalo will surprise a lot of people this season. They lost a ton of close games last season, and their young guys are starting to develop. This season I'm hoping those close losses turn into close wins.
They did lose quite a lot of close games this year but I just can't see this team winning 7 games not against the teams they are facing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@$$
Hey, I'm been saying this about the Lions this year with most people that watch football but have no fucking clue about anything outside of the Patriots and teams such as Jets. I wish my man sreamer581 comes back and defends me on my defense of the Detroit Lions so some nobody that thinks he knows football starts coming in and thinks the Lions will be like the 2008-09 team.
Not me I have them just short of .500 I'm just not a fan of their secondary and Stafford need to prove he can play a full year.

They aren't the doormats they were during all of the 2000s thanks to Matt Millen but I think they still have a few pieces to get before I consider them a playoff team.
Reply With Quote
  #5118  
Old 08-21-2011, 03:49 AM
I could see the Lions being a wild card team this year. As long as Stafford can manage to stay healthy for once that is. They have an above average group of receivers. The rb injury is going to hurt some, but they are still decent at the position. The D line is going to dominate and secondary is decent.

In my opinion the Bills will jump the Dolphins in the division this year, but not do much else.
Reply With Quote
  #5119  
Old 08-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
I think key injuries to team they play will be the only reason they get to 7-9 facing the NFC East and AFC West they are clearly the last place team in the AFC East

And despite how good the Redskins look with both Beck and Grossman have been so far it's still preseason and I'm still not counting on more than 6 wins
Yeah, I can't see more than 6 wins for both the skins and bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan1234 View Post
Mark my words, Buffalo will surprise a lot of people this season. They lost a ton of close games last season, and their young guys are starting to develop. This season I'm hoping those close losses turn into close wins.
I have also seen a ton of teams over the years take major steps down after improvements. The Bills are in a tough divison and playing the NFC east. If they are going to win 7 or more, they are going to have to earn it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by John@$$ View Post
Hey, I'm been saying this about the Lions this year with most people that watch football but have no fucking clue about anything outside of the Patriots and teams such as Jets. I wish my man sreamer581 comes back and defends me on my defense of the Detroit Lions so some nobody that thinks he knows football starts coming in and thinks the Lions will be like the 2008-09 team.
Lions might be pretty good this year. The defense does look improved.



Quote:
Originally Posted by KuriusJorge View Post
I could see the Lions being a wild card team this year. As long as Stafford can manage to stay healthy for once that is. They have an above average group of receivers. The rb injury is going to hurt some, but they are still decent at the position. The D line is going to dominate and secondary is decent.

In my opinion the Bills will jump the Dolphins in the division this year, but not do much else.
I am not a Lions fan, but I would like to thank the Cowboys for making that trade for Williams a couple seasons ago. If they stay healthy the Lions look like a team going places.
Reply With Quote
  #5120  
Old 08-22-2011, 02:03 PM
The Raiders use a 3rd round pick on Terrell Pryor WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????? Seriously what high of a pick on someone that might never play at least at QB ugh

Idiots!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump