Old 07-12-2011, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post

Nice try, but pulling your pants up would fall under etiquette training, and you don't seem to disagree with the comment about language, vocabulary skills, and the need for a makeover.

Your understanding of disparate cultural understanding seems a bit limited by the way you are responding throughout this thread, and my point remains that it appears to me that you think if someone is unaware of, or has been taught to not understand how people should dress in a court of law, that they are guilty of murder.

That's okay. It's your prerogative, but don't be surprised that when you start mentioning such things outside you're world, your met with disagreement. You should be more thankful that people such as myself treat it as a joke instead of treating it as part of the underbelly of society that leads to the breeding of ignorance and fear.

Hey SkyNet, this is top super secret, but check out my legal team:

Spoiler:

That's right, mofo. I always walk. 15 dead hookers be damned! The eyewitnesses should not have worn hoochie skirts to testify.

Last edited by The Postmaster General; 07-12-2011 at 03:26 AM.. Reason: spoiler alert!
Old 07-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post

You're just associating the innocent people with all of the thugs because they dress similarly.

Just cause a lot of criminals wear a do-rag doesn't mean everybody who wears a do-rag is a criminal. As for the innocent people who wear a do-rag, it's your fault and your fault alone for perceiving that appearance to be synonymous with criminal activity or a thug lifestyle.
I'm not. Society as a whole is, but that was my whole point. Sometimes people that dress like "bad people" can surprise you and not actually be that "bad person." Y'know? I'm sorry if my post came off differently than it did...albeit I was drinking at the time, so that coulda had something to do with it too.

As for the do-rag argument: Again, it's people in general (not me) that have a perception that because they wear this or that or whatever must be like the rest of the crowd that wears similar clothing. Make more sense?

Anywho, isn't the discussion about the Casey Anthony case? Lol.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
Nice try, but pulling your pants up would fall under etiquette training, and you don't seem to disagree with the comment about language, vocabulary skills, and the need for a makeover.

Your understanding of disparate cultural understanding seems a bit limited by the way you are responding throughout this thread, and my point remains that it appears to me that you think if someone is unaware of, or has been taught to not understand how people should dress in a court of law, that they are guilty of murder.

That's okay. It's your prerogative, but don't be surprised that when you start mentioning such things outside you're world, your met with disagreement. You should be more thankful that people such as myself treat it as a joke instead of treating it as part of the underbelly of society that leads to the breeding of ignorance and fear.
My understanding of different cultures is not limited... I took a Sociology class in college and got an A!!!

But, I digress... obviously you don't agree with me, which is cool... but, I am not saying if you dress like a detriment to society, you ARE one.. but, I personally have no respect for you, because that style annoys the ever loving shit out of me. It annoys a lot of people i'd bet. (If it doesn't annoy you, that doesn't mean you are a thug or I am smarter than you, it simply means you and I perceive things differently).

As for pulling up your pants.. yup, pull up your pants! How fuckin hard is that?! If you are walking through the mall with your pants down at your knee caps, you are simply a douche bag. If you are in a court room where appearance matters to a jury, you are a fucking imbecile.

Your speech pattern, if you have been talking ignorantly for a long time, chances are even when you are in court, you wont be able to change up your speech. Plus, a jury could see through any sort of variation in your speech, so ya, speech, even though when people speak ignorantly "Yo, what up balla, yo dat shit be off da chain dawg" it drives me crazy, but if you talk like that, it is pry so en-grained in you because you have talkedlike a dumbass for so long now that you cant just change it up (Although, I wonder how people that talk like that get jobs?!)

Oh bam, there you go, good example... when these supposed Thugs go for jobs, do they still dress like that? Pants down to their ankles? "Ya dawg, yo lemme get at dis job"... i'd bet not, cause no one would hire them! So if these people are old enough to be tried as an adult, they must have had some sort of job, if they can present them self on a job, why cant they present themselves the same way in a court room? (Granted, not all of these people may have jobs, and some may have jobs where they work for their family, so appearance be damned, your pops will give you work.. and of course some of them could be "Self Employed!")

If i murder someone.. im not showing up to court looking like a Killer, im showing up looking like an upper class business man. Even if you dont have the monetary resources to present yourself like an upper class member of society (Even if it is just a front, as mine would be), you can take certain steps to present yourself in a manner of professionalism.

But there are only so many times I can say the exact same thing here! If you agree with me, awesome... if not, that's cool.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Why 'Caylee's Law' Is A Bad Idea

Agree with this 100%.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the clever guy View Post
I'm not. Society as a whole is, but that was my whole point.
Just to clarify, my post wasn't directed at you specifically, but those people who feel that way, and the "society" that feels that way.

Quote:
Sometimes people that dress like "bad people" can surprise you and not actually be that "bad person."
My problem with this is the word surprise. You shouldn't be surprised that anybody is a good person despite their wardrobe. The reality is that the majority of people that dress like... "bad people" are not bad. It's nothing more than a style. The fact that a small minority of people who dress that way are "bad people" should not influence anybody's opinion of the other people who dress similarly.

It's just clothing and it's wrong to associate what somebody wears with what they do.

Quote:
As for the do-rag argument: Again, it's people in general (not me) that have a perception that because they wear this or that or whatever must be like the rest of the crowd that wears similar clothing. Make more sense?
I get it, it's just that people with that perception are ignorant of certain cultural and fashion differences that have nothing at all to do with criminal activity.

Quote:
Anywho, isn't the discussion about the Casey Anthony case? Lol.
Even if I were to retrace each step that brought us to this point in the discussion I'm not sure I'd believe it.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:56 AM
Quote:
People who can't afford to update their wardrobe for court appearances are guilty. Period. The same goes for people with poor speaking skills and vocabulary. If you are going to court, you should find an etiquette coach and have a complete makeover. Otherwise, you are going to just look guilty. That's the way it works.

Far from it.
Right on, brother and to anyone who has an issue with this I say..... Erroneous!

You did not see Michael Vick show up to court in a Falcon's uniform.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:25 AM
Quote:
My understanding of different cultures is not limited... I took a Sociology class in college and got an A!!!

But, I digress... obviously you don't agree with me, which is cool... but, I am not saying if you dress like a detriment to society, you ARE one.. but, I personally have no respect for you, because that style annoys the ever loving shit out of me. It annoys a lot of people i'd bet. (If it doesn't annoy you, that doesn't mean you are a thug or I am smarter than you, it simply means you and I perceive things differently).

As for pulling up your pants.. yup, pull up your pants! How fuckin hard is that?! If you are walking through the mall with your pants down at your knee caps, you are simply a douche bag. If you are in a court room where appearance matters to a jury, you are a fucking imbecile.

Your speech pattern, if you have been talking ignorantly for a long time, chances are even when you are in court, you wont be able to change up your speech. Plus, a jury could see through any sort of variation in your speech, so ya, speech, even though when people speak ignorantly "Yo, what up balla, yo dat shit be off da chain dawg" it drives me crazy, but if you talk like that, it is pry so en-grained in you because you have talkedlike a dumbass for so long now that you cant just change it up (Although, I wonder how people that talk like that get jobs?!)

Oh bam, there you go, good example... when these supposed Thugs go for jobs, do they still dress like that? Pants down to their ankles? "Ya dawg, yo lemme get at dis job"... i'd bet not, cause no one would hire them! So if these people are old enough to be tried as an adult, they must have had some sort of job, if they can present them self on a job, why cant they present themselves the same way in a court room? (Granted, not all of these people may have jobs, and some may have jobs where they work for their family, so appearance be damned, your pops will give you work.. and of course some of them could be "Self Employed!")

If i murder someone.. im not showing up to court looking like a Killer, im showing up looking like an upper class business man. Even if you dont have the monetary resources to present yourself like an upper class member of society (Even if it is just a front, as mine would be), you can take certain steps to present yourself in a manner of professionalism.

But there are only so many times I can say the exact same thing here! If you agree with me, awesome... if not, that's cool.

Of course you'd know to show up to court dressed up. You also knew it was a good idea to take a sociology class. Lots of people get jobs dressed like goofuses. You should familiarize yourself with the carwash attendants in even middle class areas. Make sure they leave the dime bag where your change was though.

The thing that gets me about your whole slant isn't as much the idea that you are okay judging someone a murderer based on their clothes, but the idea that you would think someone was innocent of murder because of their clothes. It's people like you that give benefit of the doubt to the Joe Chills of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Right on, brother and to anyone who has an issue with this I say..... Erroneous!

You did not see Michael Vick show up to court in a Falcon's uniform.

Weird that out of all the direct responses I gave questioning your statements, you chose to piggyback on a sarcastic statement.

I don't know what point you think you're making by bringing up Michael Vick. I mean, had he shown up in uniform he probably would have been found not guilty.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:00 AM
Quote:

The thing that gets me about your whole slant isn't as much the idea that you are okay judging someone a murderer based on their clothes, but the idea that you would think someone was innocent of murder because of their clothes. It's people like you that give benefit of the doubt to the Joe Chills of the world.
Right... but I never ever said that! I said I base my decisions on the evidence. If a dude is innocent, no matter how he dresses, than the evidence will show he is innocent. If a person is guilty, no matter how they dress, the evidence will show they are guilty.

I would never in a million years send a person to jail who was clearly innocent of the crime they had been charged with, perhaps that is something I thought was blatantly obvious, but wasn't.

Lets just boil this down to: Wannabe Thugs annoy the fuck out of me, whether they commit crimes or not, but not all wannabe thugs commit crimes. But that trait in people does annoy me.. that is all!

If i am ever on a jury again, as with the time i was on the jury the first time, I will judge the case based on the evidence that was present, which was always the case! Wherever it seemed i said I would send up lil bobby for murder 1 because he wore a Doo Rag on his head, must have been a break down in here that I will take full responsibility for!
Old 07-13-2011, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Right... but I never ever said that! I said I base my decisions on the evidence. If a dude is innocent, no matter how he dresses, than the evidence will show he is innocent. If a person is guilty, no matter how they dress, the evidence will show they are guilty.

I would never in a million years send a person to jail who was clearly innocent of the crime they had been charged with, perhaps that is something I thought was blatantly obvious, but wasn't.

Lets just boil this down to: Wannabe Thugs annoy the fuck out of me, whether they commit crimes or not, but not all wannabe thugs commit crimes. But that trait in people does annoy me.. that is all!

If i am ever on a jury again, as with the time i was on the jury the first time, I will judge the case based on the evidence that was present, which was always the case! Wherever it seemed i said I would send up lil bobby for murder 1 because he wore a Doo Rag on his head, must have been a break down in here that I will take full responsibility for!

I hear you dude, and never for a second thought you were one of those types. It just seems important to present yourself properly and it might have come off like you were sending the wrong message, hence some of the responses you were getting.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:44 PM
The investigating agency is suing Anthony for a hundred and some odd dollars for wasting their time. They should have antiicipated a countersuit and gone for more.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:08 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43807133/
Old 07-19-2011, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post

JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED!!!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Who cares? Once is enough for me.