Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Skinny Jonah Hill weirds me the fuck out...

He needs to start eating some pies and grow his jewfro back out. He was way more pleasing to mine eyes in his earlier movies...goofy and obnoxious yes, but now he's just creepy looking.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:31 AM
He did look better as a fat dude. Looks like a weird serial killer now.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Hey, good for him.
Losing weight is definitely helping his health.
The short hair is what's making him look so freaky. Grow it back out.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Weirdest thing since that guy from my name is earl went medium-sized-ish, which was the weirdest thing since dan from roseanne went down to just large-sized-ish.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:13 AM

WOW thats an incredible transformation! I'm sure he didnt want to die of a heart attack in his 30s so good for him.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Yay for his health and all but he needed to get off the treadmill and put down the health shake at least 20 lbs ago.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:24 AM
Yeah, good for him healthwise, but he looks about 20 years older now.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:59 PM
It's like Tom Sizemore and Frankie Muniz had a love child.

He's half the man he used to be. Literally.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:14 PM
That dude looks like he's on the cancer diet.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:22 PM
In the second to last pic, he kind of resembles Peter Coyote a little.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't have recognized him if the thread title didn't give it away.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:50 PM
"There's nothing funny about a physically fit man."

Glad that he's living a healthier lifestyle. He was getting pretty huge there in his past couple of movies. I also think he's a decent actor, so it's good that he won't have to be typecast as the fat awkward guy for the rest of his career.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:55 PM
I saw his new movie a few weeks ago, The Sitter, comes out in December I think... he is still fat in that (Super fat actually).. but it was a terribly unfunny movie. But that is besides the point... i need to know what fucking regimen this dude went on! Him and Drew Carey need to email me asap!
Old 07-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
I saw his new movie a few weeks ago, The Sitter, comes out in December I think... he is still fat in that (Super fat actually).. but it was a terribly unfunny movie.
Oh really? I was quite looking forward to that. It looked pretty promising and I heard good things about the script.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Ya... it just had a few good lines, Jonah Hill wasn't bad, Sam Rockwell is always amazing.. but the kids in the movie are annoying as shit, the situations in the movie were stupid. Just wasn't funny. The director David Gordon Green isnt the best director.. he did Pineapple Express which was OK, not hilarious... and I didn't see Your Highness yet, but have heard it is pretty shitty. Never saw Snow Angels, heard it was good, but that isnt a comedy, and he works fine in 30 minute format as he has done a bunch of Eastbound & Down episodes... but as far as his movies go, the 2 I have seen, 1 i was underwhelmed by and 1 flat out sucked!
Old 07-14-2011, 07:54 PM
I really liked Jonah Hill in Cyrus. Thought that was his best performace so far. He may top it with Moneyball.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Ya... it just had a few good lines, Jonah Hill wasn't bad, Sam Rockwell is always amazing.. but the kids in the movie are annoying as shit, the situations in the movie were stupid. Just wasn't funny. The director David Gordon Green isnt the best director.. he did Pineapple Express which was OK, not hilarious... and I didn't see Your Highness yet, but have heard it is pretty shitty. Never saw Snow Angels, heard it was good, but that isnt a comedy, and he works fine in 30 minute format as he has done a bunch of Eastbound & Down episodes... but as far as his movies go, the 2 I have seen, 1 i was underwhelmed by and 1 flat out sucked!
LOL at David Gordon Green being a mediocre director. Check out George Washington and see what an amazing job he did directing children who never acted before in their lives. That was also his first major film. He's obviously having fun with some comedic projects lately, but when it comes to directing films the man is undeniably talented.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Quote:
George Washington is a masterpiece so he has a free pass for life as far as I'm concerned. End.

Undertow is also amazing.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
LOL at David Gordon Green being a mediocre director. Check out George Washington and see what an amazing job he did directing children who never acted before in their lives. That was also his first major film. He's obviously having fun with some comedic projects lately, but when it comes to directing films the man is undeniably talented.

^what he said^
Old 07-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Seeing his new look while he stands next to a basketball player could be confused with production stills from LOTR.

So The Sitter is about just that - a babysitter? Wasn't there a movie about those people who sit next to dying people to keep them awake and from dying? That's the movie Jonah should have done. He could have documented his weight loss on screen and played one of the patients. That would have been Oscar gold.

I'm glad he's concerned about his health; however, there is some socioeconomic annoyance with these actors who got famous after letting themselves go and then simplify weight loss down to just wanting to be healthy, and sticking with it.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
I'm glad he's concerned about his health; however, there is some socioeconomic annoyance with these actors who got famous after letting themselves go and then simplify weight loss down to just wanting to be healthy, and sticking with it.
This is such a fabulous and accurate observation...even moreso than me just thinking Jonah looked like a creepy weirdo right now.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:21 PM
Haven't seen George Washington or Undertow but Snow Angels was utterly FANTASTIC! It's so good that it easily makes up for his misfires Pineapple Express and Your Highness.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:07 PM
George Washington, Undertow, Snow Angels, and also All the Real Girls are all great. I love David Gordon Green as a serious director. I enjoyed Pineapple Express for what it was, but I never bothered with Your Highness. Still hoping to check out The Sitter.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Is he an insufferable loudmouth who gives the exact same performance in every film?

He is? Then nothing's changed.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:45 PM
I doubt you can get results like that naturally. He probably had some surgery done.

At the *very* least he needs to grow his hair back out.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
I doubt you can get results like that naturally. He probably had some surgery done.

At the *very* least he needs to grow his hair back out.

You definitely can. He might have. That's for sure.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
What he sa- wait, someone said that. Umm...thirded?
Old 07-15-2011, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRazor View Post
Hey, good for him.
Here, here. Takes a lot of willpower and commitment to do that.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:56 AM
Ya.. perhaps his more dramatic works are good. Like i said, never saw Snow Angels but heard good things... i didnt know he did a George Washington project! But his comedies thus far have been shit, unless i count the 30 minute format, in which case he is good, as he has done eps of Eastbound & Down and that show is phenomenal!
Old 07-15-2011, 03:36 AM
[QUOTE=SkyNet;3425006] i didnt know he did a George Washington project!QUOTE]

It wasn't about the U.S President, if that's what you're thinking.

Its just about these kids not doing much. That's about it. I remember being impressed by the atmosphere, but wishing there was something more to the story.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:08 AM
I concur.

health comes first.
I'm sure this will help/prevent a lot of problems he might have dealt with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
"There's nothing funny about a physically fit man."

Glad that he's living a healthier lifestyle. He was getting pretty huge there in his past couple of movies. I also think he's a decent actor, so it's good that he won't have to be typecast as the fat awkward guy for the rest of his career.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:34 AM
I think Johan is funny, because he is funny. Him being fat does not make or take away his funniness to me. Some roles it helps to be fat like with Funny People. He will be funny as a regular guy too. We will get used to him being regular as we got used to him blowing up.

Jack Black is kinda like this. Maybe he thinks he is funny when he is fatter, because he seems to go up and down a lot.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagia_Romero View Post
Here, here. Takes a lot of willpower and commitment to do that.
I dont think it had anything to do with will power or commitment. I think it was the pussy. He was getting so fat that no one hot wanted to fuck him. Watch for some young hottie to be on his arm at his next movie or award show.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:27 AM
^Which takes willpower and commitment.

Unless you're envisioning a horrorverse where Hill met this succubus who is sucking the fat from his body with some kind of cavernous vacuuming pussy black hole. Which is possible.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:39 AM
The lack of a Jewfro throws me off, not his slim figure.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
^Which takes willpower and commitment.

Unless you're envisioning a horrorverse where Hill met this succubus who is sucking the fat from his body with some kind of cavernous vacuuming pussy black hole. Which is possible.
The best way to lose weight is to get raped by a succubus. I'm always recommending it to fat guys.

Judd Apatow should tackle this in his next movie.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRazor View Post
Hey, good for him.
The short hair is what's making him look so freaky. Grow it back out.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Grow that fro back. The short hair only highlights how completely average he looks.

He was a fucking beast in Get Him to the Greek. He should have just hit the weights and played Bane in Dark Knight Rises.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magjournal View Post
The lack of a Jewfro throws me off, not his slim figure.
Just the term Jew Fro makes me laugh.

Movies that have or make mention of the Jew Fro

40 Year Old Virgin.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Good job on the weight loss, I say. It takes considerable self-discipline to lose that much weight in four months.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:38 PM
It will be interesting to see where his career will go from here. Not just him, but the others from the Apatow gang. They're getting older, so the man child thing they've been doing for a few years now is probably on the way out, unless Apatow ditches them and goes for some younger actors.

I haven't seen Cryus yet, but heard he was great in that and Seth Rogan has the Sarah Polley movie coming out, so we shall see.