Old 07-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Worst DVD you've ever bought - including in boxsets

Hey y'all,

Got a really good question concerning DVDs,

What's the worst one you've got in your collection?

My biggest regret is probably Vampires: The Turning. The first two with James Woods and Jon Bon Jovi in are great but The Turning is a sequel in name only. Thailand? What the hell were they thinking!?

Anyway, enough from me let's hear some different opinions
Old 07-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Hmm I kinda pride myself on buying/watching crap movies. I have a lot of guilty pleasure movies. Arena from 1989 about a guy who fights aliens. It's awesome

Pretty much every Chuck Norris movie I own. Oh the Star Wars Prequels.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Most movies I would have considered for this, I've already got rid of.

I'm usually pretty good about my blind buys and buy stuff I'm most likely to enjoy. That said, looking at my collection really quick, I'd say Alpha Dog is up there (or down there).
Old 07-22-2011, 06:59 PM
Worst movie I ever bought "The Last Hour". This cheese is the worst crap in the world. However, unlike most crap movies I buy, I kept this one in my collection. I wait for the day where I can showcase it to friends as one of the most unintentionally funny movies ever made. lol
Old 07-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Between Ultraviolet & Purely belter both attrocious no matter how shit the DVD I always keep them It makes the better ones stand out. Usually I'm very good at blind buying, I'm not going to lie the rating it recives on imdb is usually a detemining factor but not always i.e Ultraviolet & Purely belter.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:53 PM
The Zombie Dead, I became slightly obsessed with getting all the Vipco Screamtime Collection DVDs and so that shitfest (to be fair most of the films in that collection are crap, I don't know why I need them, I just do) didn't get fleabayed.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:20 PM
Freddy got fingered
Joe's Apartment
Old 08-15-2011, 07:36 PM
i have star trek 5 and batman & robin because of sets
Old 08-15-2011, 07:39 PM
The Butterfly Effect 2 because it was in a set...such a shit movie.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:33 AM
Blade Runner

I have tried so much to like this film, so much so that I will never get rid of it, which is why it's in my DVD collection.

Oh and Rocky 5 because of the box set.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel1980 View Post
Blade Runner

I have tried so much to like this film, so much so that I will never get rid of it, which is why it's in my DVD collection.

Oh and Rocky 5 because of the box set.
'Blade Runner'? Really? There has to be worse that you have. I agree with 'Rocky 5'.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:24 AM
Bio-Dome (Ft. Pauly Shore)
Old 09-20-2011, 05:25 AM
If I have any bad movies it was bought on a blind purchase occasion, gave something a chance not having previously seen it, that one movie would be

Escape From NY
I loved LA way more, there was such an energy to the film, way more exciting and daring, NY didn't do a whole lot for me, not terrible, Mr. Carpenter does a lot when not given a lot but there was lots of potential I personally saw and well anyway that's the lowest movie I have and even it has it's ups.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:47 AM
I will probably catch some crap for this but I have to say for me it was the StarWars Trilogy on DVD...Having to watch some of my most beloved film's from childhood be butchered right in front of me made me feel dirty and ashamed...Well at least I still have the memories
Old 09-23-2011, 11:42 PM
Well, I own Batman & Robin, but it was part of a set, so I don't really count that. The worst movie I knowingly bought was Mortal Kombat Annihilation. I bought it for camp value and because it was cheap.

The worst movie I blind bought has to be Escape from NY. I just could not get into it and thought it was really dull. If I had seen it as a kid, I probably would have loved it. But I just didn't care for it.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:04 AM
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Old 09-26-2011, 01:42 PM
The New Guy. It was in those bargain bins and not nearly as good as I thought that it would be.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Garbage Pail Kids for sure, Red Sonja is a close second. oh and i also own Ernest Goes To Camp.....
Old 09-26-2011, 07:07 PM
I regret buying this, I dont like the movie as much as I used to, it was $30 and now its on Blu-ray...
Old 09-27-2011, 04:47 PM
3 movies I bought for different reasons.

Cannibal Holocaust - somebody recommended it to me, I'm not sure why he liked it.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie - I bought it bc Bruce Campbell does a voice in it. Horrible

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation - I have to have every sequel/prequel/remake if I have the original. I'm very OCD about this, but it causes me to get some very bad films.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Friday the 13th (2009) It was a blind buy (REALLY blind)
Observe and Report
Old 10-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Oh and 28 Days Later...
I like the movie, but the video quality is HORRIBLE. Luckily I got it for like 7-8 bucks so it wasn't a total lost.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Branson. By far
Old 10-05-2011, 05:25 PM
wow.. a lot of movies mentioned here I really love! (Aqua Teen Movie, Sin City, Garbage Pale Kids)

mine is more recent... i blind bought The Tourist and that movie is shit. Ricky Gervais was right to make fun of that movie at the golden globes!
Old 10-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Whoops already saw I replied to this.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:59 AM
The Fog (Remake). Watched it once and hated it, tried to sell it to used DVD stores with others and no one would take it.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blknge89 View Post
If I have any bad movies it was bought on a blind purchase occasion, gave something a chance not having previously seen it, that one movie would be

Escape From NY
I loved LA way more, there was such an energy to the film, way more exciting and daring, NY didn't do a whole lot for me, not terrible, Mr. Carpenter does a lot when not given a lot but there was lots of potential I personally saw and well anyway that's the lowest movie I have and even it has it's ups.
Oh man, really? I thought LA was terrible. The surfing scene and Kurt Russell trying to play basketball were just horrible. IDK, I grow up on NY so I will always like it.

I would have to go with napoleon dynamite. Man, that movie was a turd! Meet the fockers was a bad buy too. I know I have more but I'm at work and can't see what other crap is in my collection

Last edited by blsnychapter; 10-09-2011 at 11:16 AM..
Old 10-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJZ View Post
Friday the 13th (2009) It was a blind buy (REALLY blind)
Observe and Report
Friday the 13th (2009) was a good movie.

A Nightmare on Elm Street (remake), now that was crap.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Batman and Robin- Came in the 8 disc set that came out a few years back.

Terminator Salvation- I kind of enjoyed it the movie in theaters but then I bought it and watched it again and I thought the movie was god awful.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Die Another Day
Octopussy
The Man With Golden Gun

All came in the James Bond Ultimate Editions sets on DVD a few years back. These are the three I really can't stand to sit through.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Batman & Robin
Romper Stomper
A View To A Kill
Horrible Bosses
Highlander 2

Those are all I can think of right now. I'm sure I have a few other movies I find to be terrible in my collection, but those are all that came to mind.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:31 PM

My Worst at the moment is
Clash Of The Titans On Blu-Ray. The Film is awful. i cant believe i paid a 5 for it
Monty Pythons meaning of life. the film is amazing but the aspect ratio is meant to be 1.85 but it is compressed to letterbox
Old 02-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellor94 View Post
Monty Pythons meaning of life. the film is amazing but the aspect ratio is meant to be 1.85 but it is compressed to letterbox
I have a bigger problem as I've got the 2-disc collector's edition and it's one of the glitchy interlaced discs that looks horrible. I need to just pick up a single disc version sometime to replace the movie as the special features disc is just fine, I just keep forgetting.
Most of mine are Godzilla films, all from Sony, that either just threw the cropped dub on the disc or put the Japanese version on and decided instead of putting accurate subs on the disc to just subtitle the dub track. I know they're not saying "That's a big damn bug!" or "Oh my God!", Sony, you're not fooling anyone. The absolute worst though, is Godzilla Mothra King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack! There are scenes which don't even have characters speaking where subtitles pop up! The only thing you can do to combat this crap is to get a bootleg copy where someone actually paid to have it translated, or import Chinese discs where you get subtitles translated from Japanese to Chinese to English which results in stuff like a line about Godzilla having active sonar to "Godzilla has missiles."
Old 02-17-2012, 04:35 AM

i'm gonna pick up the 2 disc version, is it just a version with your disc or all of them. i have the 2003 release aswell. it was only 75p but i would have rather spent it on some cookies
Old 02-17-2012, 07:56 AM
Dark Harvest 2: The Maize

I've bought a lot of bad movies over the years, many of which I have weeded out by trading them in to DVD pawn shops, but this one has always stuck with me, even this long after I had bought it. (Blind buy, of course, but I think that goes without saying for many of these films unless they were included in a collection.)
Old 02-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellor94 View Post
i'm gonna pick up the 2 disc version, is it just a version with your disc or all of them. i have the 2003 release aswell. it was only 75p but i would have rather spent it on some cookies
It was just the first batch of them released. The problem was fixed after that. If I hadn't bought it used, I would've returned it and got a non glitched copy.