Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Misc. NON-MOVIE TALK forum
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
Have any American schmoes seen The Dark Half and were offended by it? I was. It was so bad and could have been so good.
I saw it. Was not offended by it. I love America, but like everywhere else, we have our issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchbox225 View Post
There are a lot of Americans who look down on other countries.

I'm not one of them though because I know America is far from perfect.

America is often made fun by other countries for it's conservative views on sex and of course I have many problems with the American media.

There are so many non-issues that the politicians and the media want to make a big deal of and it drives me crazy.
Great post! You mean I am not the only person who hates how much media attention Lindsay Lohan gets??
Old 07-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Have any American schmoes seen The Dark Half and were offended by it? I was. It was so bad and could have been so good.
So would you say the movie was half good and half bad or just all bad?

George A. Romero has been one giant disappointment to me, but I like the movie.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchbox225 View Post
So would you say the movie was half good and half bad or just all bad?

George A. Romero has been one giant disappointment to me, but I like the movie.

You know what? I think I'm confusing it with Raising Cain, which I remember to be awfully bad, so double shame on my part toward Lithgow. The Dark Half was better. They both came out around the same time so that's where my confusion comes in, I suppose. Assumed identities, same time span, melodrama - at some point it just all blends together.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:43 PM
Quote:
You know what? I think I'm confusing it with Raising Cain, which I remember to be awfully bad, so double shame on my part toward Lithgow. The Dark Half was better. They both came out around the same time so that's where my confusion comes in, I suppose. Assumed identities, same time span, melodrama - at some point it just all blends together.

Raising Cain had a few good scares in it, but it's still inferior to The Dark Half.

I would like to know how Julie Harris ended up in that movie. She's awesome, but I'm always surprised when I see her in it.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:16 PM
Spoiler:
Citizens of the United States of America are colloquially (and pejoratively) referred to as 'seppos' or 'septic tanks', rhyming slang for "yank".
Old 07-29-2011, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overwatch View Post
Spoiler:
Citizens of the United States of America are colloquially (and pejoratively) referred to as 'seppos' or 'septic tanks', rhyming slang for "yank".
we would have to be to actually think uggs are cool.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
But why in the fuck do they call people in the States septic tanks? Is this an offensive term, or is it just nonsense, or both?

"Does he look like a septic tank!?"

Spoiler:
PS: I Googled "Typical American" for that first one and it was the top result.