Old 08-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Wrong Turn 4 (2011)

Director: Declan O'Brien
Writer: Declan O'Brien
Stars: Terra Vnesa, Dean Armstrong and Tenika Davis

Quote:
Follows a group of friends that decide to go snowmobiling during their winter break. They make a "wrong turn", getting lost in a storm.
TRAILER:
http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi1884134681/

Love the first two in the Series, but part 3 was kind of a mess. This one will prolly be more of the same...
Old 08-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistAh BlistAh View Post
Love the first two in the Series, but part 3 was kind of a mess. This one will prolly be more of the same...
This exactly.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Never even watched the third yet, but the first two were good stuff. I'll be in no rush unless its on a friends netflix or cheap at a store.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:30 PM
I remember the first one being ordinary and just plain boring. I never bothered with any of the sequels. This one doesn't look like it will be shattering any trends.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:44 PM
I actually liked part 2 better than part 1. But part 3 was shit.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm not such a great fan of part 1 as I am part 2, but Rollins is the man. I never bothered with the third, as it looked total standard SyFy fare. I have to agree that this looks "more of the same." It was a great concept to have the 'billies in the snow.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:46 AM

I really thought Joe Lynch took a mediocre film and turned it into an exciting sequel. Suddenly I was excited at the thought of the Wrong Turn films becoming a slasher franchise, even if only in the direct to video market. Then the third one came along and took a giant shit on my expectations. It's too bad... I see the fourth one is directed by the same guy who did the third. That teaser trailer didn't show much but if it's from the same guy then I've already lost interest. Can't believe he was hired back what with the turnaround in quality between the two flicks being so obvious.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:25 PM
Yeah. I was really excited and hoping for either Joe Lynch to return or another director to follow the trend which the films were beginning to show, but the third really didn't interest me at all. Why would they get this guy of all people to direct two of these films over Lynch? Because he's cheap?
Old 09-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisoGenie View Post
Yeah. I was really excited and hoping for either Joe Lynch to return or another director to follow the trend which the films were beginning to show, but the third really didn't interest me at all. Why would they get this guy of all people to direct two of these films over Lynch? Because he's cheap?

Yeah, pretty much sums it up, though to be fair, part 3 wasn't that bad.
not great, but also not exceptional either. it had it's moments.
But part 4 looks like a step up for the series rather then a step down,
if you ask me. While I enjoyed the first one, they really should have started
and made part 2 as number 1, because lets face it, I can't watch part 1
any more due to it's boring-ness. Part two was a much better movie.

Raven
Old 09-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Yeah, part 1 was alright, but part 2 was the shizz. I could put that thing in my dvd player any day....the first, however...ehh. It was alright, but the sequel was much superior in my convoluted opinion.

Here's another picture for you guys. It's not too impressive, but it's something.

Last edited by MisoGenie; 09-01-2011 at 10:50 PM..
Old 10-24-2011, 06:59 PM
"Wrong Turn 4" comes out tomorrow on DVD. I first read reviews on IMDB. They are naturally mixed, but some people claim that it is a step up from Part 3. There are not a lot of straight-to-video movies to look forward lately, so I'm all over this. Part 1 was awesome, Part 2 was a respectable straight-to-video sequel, and Part 3 was average (it took too long to get to the action and even the action wasn't always well-executed). I'm definitely picking up Part 4 tomorrow and will report the good or bad news.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Forget about Part 3. Part 4 kicks it's ass. The director must have went back to film school and finally graduated. Whereas he did very little with Part 3, he did everything and anything in Part 4. The snow setting pays off beautifully. There is blood splattered in snow. But most of the action takes place in a sanitarium, and there are some outstandingly bloody death scenes. It begins with a flashback in the 1970's. The three hillbillies escape from their cell, release the other disturbed inmates, and inspire a perfectly scored massacre on doctors, nurses and the other inmates. After that, we are immediately introduced to four of the eight main characters in 2003. A guy is screwing around with girl, and a girl is screwing around with a girl. You heard me. If that, as well as inventive death scenes, is what you're looking for, you are going to love "Wrong Turn 4." It is a worthy follow-up to the first two films.

Last edited by Duke Nukem; 10-25-2011 at 06:10 PM..
Old 10-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Sounds good to me, Duke! I may actually give this one a chance, because from the sounds of it, it's one heck of a flick!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Yeah, watched this the other day right after the horrible new Hellraiser one, needed something to wash it down with...

And it really wasn't that bad! 10x better then part 3, it's very surprising to know they're both made by the same director.

Some nice nudity and gore also...
Spoiler:
The skinning scene with the guy strapped to the table was very well done.

Also loved:
Spoiler:
That final scene with the survivor's heads popping off and flying through the air, that was great, haha.

I just wish the girl who froze to death survived...she was so close!

Now some of the bad. It's painfully obvious that Cold Prey was a major influence on this entry in the series and it's nowhere near the same level as that movie.

Also, the characters in this movie make some of the dumbest decisions ever made (even by horror movie standards!)
Spoiler:
That scene with the killers being trapped in the cell and not being killed was seriously fuckin retarded. Obviously they can't kill the freaks as it's a prequel, but that scene should have just been removed.

And that Bieber haircut dude's reaction to his girlfriend being killed was LOL worthy, I know I was...so stupid.

At the end of the day, it definetly kept me entertained though and that's all that really matters.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:16 AM
ianyoungman

It was such an awsum horror movie , Hatsoff to the director of this movie
Home Health Care
Old 12-30-2011, 05:35 PM
I agree with the others, same director or not, Part 4 TOTALLY makes up for the "meh" third one. In fact I'd say this is the second-best in the series after Part 2.
I won't spoil anything but there are some INSANE kills.....and the opening prologue is downright N-U-T-S.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianyoungman View Post
It was such an awsum horror movie , Hatsoff to the director of this movie
Home Health Care
This may be the funniest Spam these Boards have seen in a while. I love how he just throws that Health Care link in at the bottom, and misspelled "awsum". I definitely LOL'd.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:40 PM
I've been so nice to rewatch part 2, because I can't believe so many people loved it while I thought it was shit. The only thing I liked was Henry Rollins. So after watching it again, I come to the conclusion that it still sucks. And even Henry Rollins couldn't save it the second time.

It all goes wrong with the reality show plot. I hate those plots. What do all real reality shows have in common? There are real cameramen to film everything. What do movie reality shows have? 1.3 megapixel webcams with no microphone or light that are able to give crystal clear full screen images. Yes I know I'm making too much of a deal out of it, but the reality show in Wrong Turn 2 just doesn't make any sense.
At the end the movie has this Texas Chainsaw Massacre scene where a victim is forced to sit at a table with them. Why? I don't know. Because she's the final girl I guess. I didn't even like her.

There are a few decent kills, but overall the movie is mediocre. Not as bad as WT3, but not as fun as WT4.