Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2011, 05:45 PM
"Lost" star Matthew Fox accused of assaulting bus driver

"Lost" star Matthew Fox accused of assaulting bus driver

By Kim Palmer

CLEVELAND | Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:20pm EDT

(Reuters) - Matthew Fox, the star of the TV shows "Lost" and "Party of Five," was detained here over the weekend by police investigating reports he had assaulted the female driver of a party bus.

Fox, who is in Cleveland filming an adaptation of the James Patterson novel "I, Alex Cross," allegedly attempted to board the bus early Sunday morning along with the members of the bachelor party that had rented the vehicle.

Heather Bormann, 29, was driving the bus and says she "confronted" Fox as he attempted to get on with the other passengers.

Bormann told Reuters she didn't recognize Fox, 45, as a member of the group or as a famous actor and warned him three times to get away from the door.

"I told him he was trespassing," she said. "He never once said anything. He just looked at me with his mouth open -- then he leaned in and started swinging on me."

Bormann told police Fox hit her in the chest and stomach before she hit him back to defend herself. She said it took three men to pull Fox away from her and that an off-duty police officer detained him until the police came.

Fox was put in a patrol car by police but was eventually released to "a friend" and took a taxi to his hotel, according to the police report.

Bormann said one of the officers asked her if she knew "who he is?" She said she responded, "Yeah, the guy who assaulted me."

Bormann, a single mother of three, said nothing like this has happened to her before, and that she has a strained wrist and plans to file assault charges on Tuesday.

"I don't care that he is a celebrity," Bormann said. "Assault is against the law."

Efforts to contact Fox at the hotel where he was believed to be staying were unsuccessful.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...77S6AT20110829
Old 08-29-2011, 06:00 PM
I thought for sure this would involve someone ragging him about the Lost finale.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Maybe what happened was that there were six guys including him, but the bus driver would only allow a party of five on board.

Hearing this news, Matthew Fox just lost it and started hitting her.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:52 PM
I don't understand the story. Can someone shorthand it using only Jackface gifs?
Old 08-29-2011, 07:06 PM
So apparently its me and this woman who have never watched an episode of Lost.

Nice to know there are more of us.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
I don't understand the story. Can someone shorthand it using only Jackface gifs?

Old 08-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
Your missing out.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post

Nice to know there are more of us.
Me too! Me too! I tried, couldn't get through the first episode. After hearing how disappointing the finale was, I think I'll avoid the show all together. I can always re-watch The Wire.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post

GREATEST. POST. EVER!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Yeah I havent seen a single Lost episode either.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Fox was probably telling her that they HAD TO GO BACK!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:20 PM
Trying to watch Lost past season 2 made me want to set myself on fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchbox225 View Post
Maybe what happened was that there were six guys including him, but the bus driver would only allow a party of five on board.

Hearing this news, Matthew Fox just lost it and started hitting her.
HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Me too! Me too! I tried, couldn't get through the first episode. After hearing how disappointing the finale was, I think I'll avoid the show all together. I can always re-watch The Wire.
Yes, yes you can.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
*awesomeness*

Thank you. I assumed it would make more sense this way, and it does. You have done me a great service!

I'm still confused on one thing though... Why is Locke the smoke monster?

Last edited by The Postmaster General; 08-30-2011 at 01:15 AM..
Old 08-30-2011, 02:46 AM
haha the picture post was hilarious!

Also... im thinking Fox must hit like a bitch if he was actually hitting the chick and nothing happened then she hit him?!

Something tells me that Fox may have gave her a tap on the shoulder, but when reporters come along the story turns into him hitting her. She may not have known who he was, but when the Associated Press comes a knockin, and you realize who he is... stories begin to get skewed.

Plus it says he was released to his friend, no reports of bail or anything... if he truly assaulted this woman, there would have been an arrest and bail and all the good stuff.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Same, same, although I did give it more of a chance by watching the first season and the first half of season two, but I just lost (ha ha ha) interest. I love Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson to pieces for being the fine actors they are, but the rest of it... it's not that I didn't GET it... that medium of time travel/science fiction/drama just didn't gel with me.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:41 AM
It didn't gel with their stupidass writing staff, either.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
GREATEST. POST. EVER!!!
Agreed.
Very well done.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:34 AM
His methods for communicating with the opposite sex may have just been Lost in Translation. Wait a minute, was he in that movie ? I don't know, he was great as Racer X though.

Lost was a long, laborious watch, they took 1000 years to explain what could have been summed up in a simple 6 hour mini series
Old 08-31-2011, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dellamorte dellamore View Post

Lost was a long, laborious watch, they took 1000 years to explain what could have been summed up in a simple 6 hour mini series
It wasn't about the destination but the incredible journey and character moments. Lost remains the greatest show I have ever seen and was never about "how will this question be answered" to me but the union of bunch of varied strangers, trying to survive in an increasingly lethal/bizarre environment.

*insert random Jack/"we have to go back!" joke regarding incident*
Old 08-31-2011, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryFreak1827 View Post
...Lost remains the greatest show I have ever seen...
You should watch The Wire.

http://www.amazon.com/Wire-Complete-.../dp/B001FA1P1W

Last edited by QUENTIN; 08-31-2011 at 12:22 PM..
Old 08-31-2011, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENTIN View Post
I do plan to check The Wire out at some point. Numerous people have told me of its greatness and I hope to delve into it soon (is it on Netflix Instant?) I also heard it has some Lost stars in it.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryFreak1827 View Post
I do plan to check The Wire out at some point. Numerous people have told me of its greatness and I hope to delve into it soon (is it on Netflix Instant?) I also heard it has some Lost stars in it.
The only one I know of is Lance Reddick. He's also on Fringe, which I haven't seen.

And yes, watch The Wire.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
Thank you. I assumed it would make more sense this way, and it does. You have done me a great service!

I'm still confused on one thing though... Why is Locke the smoke monster?
Simple:

Old 08-31-2011, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dellamorte dellamore View Post
My feelings exactly. Maybe if the writers knew what the hell they were doing all along they could have summed it up quicker.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
The only one I know of is Lance Reddick. He's also on Fringe, which I haven't seen.

And yes, watch The Wire.
Reddick is awesome on Fringe.

Funnily enough, he was on Lost too. He played a guy who worked for Charles Widmore I believe in season 5 I think.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:35 AM
I think you'll find more Lost cast members (most notably Perrineau and Akinnuoye-Agbaje) on OZ, which is quasi-related to both Homicide and The Wire. It's not as great as those shows (a status it has in common with everything else), but it was still pretty good.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:01 AM
LOST is def worth the watch as it was a very fun ride, but its quite an investment (even more so than The Wire).

Most of the last season is bullshit, though....
Old 09-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
LOST is def worth the watch as it was a very fun ride, but its quite an investment (even more so than The Wire).

Most of the last season is bullshit, though....
Agreed. Lost was (and still is) one of my favorite television shows, and even though I also had some problems with the final season, I still felt that it was a satisfactory conclusion to the series. A large chunk of my friends were all big fans of the show, and we'd debate things while watching so that probably enhanced my overall enjoyment, but I still plan on doing a full re-watch one of these days to pick up on some of the things I may have missed. Definitely a worthwhile watch.

On-topic, this story reeks of exaggeration.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:37 PM
The series finale to Lost was the most disappointing finale to a series I have ever seen in my life; especially considering that it had me riveted the entire time until that shite.