Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Upcoming Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2011, 08:20 AM
^He looks like a buffed up Dennis from Sunny
Old 08-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Lets pray to god its decent
Old 08-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Cavill on Set as Superman
Old 08-26-2011, 08:04 PM
There are lots of new pics out can someone post them? So no red underwear huh?
Old 08-30-2011, 07:45 PM
I dig the dude in the Captain America shirt I wonder if he was treated as an outcast on the set.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:52 AM
up close and personal

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=360939&page=2

(scroll to the bottom)

I have absolutely no expectations because Zach Snyder is directing (and he has routinely favored surface level fluff over anything resembling substance)

but...

... the suit and Henry look absolutely bad ass.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by APzombie View Post
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=360939&page=2

(scroll to the bottom)

I have absolutely no expectations because Zach Snyder is directing (and he has routinely favored surface level fluff over anything resembling substance)

but...

... the suit and Henry look absolutely bad ass.
He looks pretty cool as Kent too Great pics
Old 08-31-2011, 06:58 AM
Holy crap...great choice to play Supes.

He is also very nice from what I can tell.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:41 PM
Seems like a lot of interest in a hero who is really boring.

Last edited by Erroneous; 09-01-2011 at 11:14 PM..
Old 08-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Henry looks great as clark and Supes great casting he has the perfect face for superman he has an approachable friendliness to him but also an intense fierceness as well.

Clark Kent

Superman

Old 08-31-2011, 06:46 PM
It's all about story at this point. Who cares if the costume looks like crap really??? As bad as the CGI costume was in Green Lantern, that's not what killed that flick.

The cast is why I'm looking forward to the film and I hope they give us an intelligent story.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:00 PM
majority of people online love the suit actually they are ready for a change
Old 08-31-2011, 10:44 PM
The official released image sucked balls, but these spy photos make it look MUCH better. I dig it, for the most part....
Old 09-01-2011, 01:06 AM

Not gonna lie, looks pretty badass. And I need to get on Cavill's workout regimen asap
Old 09-01-2011, 02:23 PM
I really like the suit. It's different enough to look original but familiar enough to be called Superman.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:27 PM
And the definitely didnt fuck up the cape this time.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:13 AM
I'll say this . . . the guy definitely looks the part.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Lex Luthor Actor suggestion

I think Lex will be in the movie, it may be a massive surprise, but I was wondering if anyone had a preference to play Lex Luthor? I have read a lot people want Billy Zane (I can see that.), but who do you guys thinks?

I thought this was an interesting if bold suggestion: http://goo.gl/qIuFV

I also think Paul Bettany would be a great choice for Luthor. Who would you pick if not Billy Zane.

EDIT: I apologize if there is a similar thread like this.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:13 PM
I think Billy Zane would be a great choice for lex Luthor
Old 09-10-2011, 10:51 PM

Go Minions! Kill Superman!
Old 09-13-2011, 12:33 PM
I would be really surprised if Lex Luthor wasn't in the movie, in some shape or form. He doesn't have to be the main antagonist, but should at least show up in the movie.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:36 PM
He Will be ofc
Old 09-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Clark Kent in Metropolis

Old 09-14-2011, 11:32 PM
I think Ed Nortan would make a f*ing bad ass Lex.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Does Clark Kent not wear glasses anymore for his disguise?
Old 09-16-2011, 04:13 PM
I see no one else is fan-gry about how Clark Kent just looks like Superman but a hipster. Instead of a long post about it, I'll just get to the point:

BAWFASDOKFJSPDOSDFPOEEOFMWSEFPOEKW! Not like the comics! ASIDJAPASPDOAKSDBAOIJD!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the clever guy View Post
Does Clark Kent not wear glasses anymore for his disguise?
They might not be rolling during those pics.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:18 PM
Wow, there is a lot of hoopla about Clark and Superman and the new movie and Zach Snyder and Henry Cavill. I am so sick of the behind the scenes. I just want to judge the movie myself. Well, I want to see a trailer first, but you get the idea. People are finally starting to just chill: http://goo.gl/7EFhM

I just want to see the movie. Then we can all break it down.

Oh and I would like a great FRONT view of the suit in full. I think that would be sweet. Everyone and their Grandmas are making manips of a few behind the scenes pics. I want to see some clear awesome shots.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Man_Of_Steel View Post
Wow, there is a lot of hoopla about Clark and Superman and the new movie and Zach Snyder and Henry Cavill. I am so sick of the behind the scenes. I just want to judge the movie myself. Well, I want to see a trailer first, but you get the idea. People are finally starting to just chill: http://goo.gl/7EFhM

I just want to see the movie. Then we can all break it down.

Oh and I would like a great FRONT view of the suit in full. I think that would be sweet. Everyone and their Grandmas are making manips of a few behind the scenes pics. I want to see some clear awesome shots.

Not front enough?
Old 09-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post

Not front enough?
No, where is the detail? Where is the essence of Superman? Looks like a guy waiting for a bus in a halloween costume.

I want a HIGH DEF pic of Superman, with cape and in a pose that is the essence of Superman. Unfortunately, the more and more I see that Shield, the less I like it.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:
No, where is the detail? Where is the essence of Superman? Looks like a guy waiting for a bus in a halloween costume.

I want a HIGH DEF pic of Superman, with cape and in a pose that is the essence of Superman. Unfortunately, the more and more I see that Shield, the less I like it.
Given that the movie won't be released for almost two years, it makes sense that besides the one promotional photo, everything's been low quality set photos. High definition photos will come in time.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:

Oh so you mean like this?

Old 09-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
Oh so you mean like this?

Seriously? I thought was being very clear. I want a good CLEAR shot, akin to Brandon Routh's Superman promo pic, of the new suit. With Cavill Standing up, in a clear pic. Not hunched over and shadowed in darkness and the shield is barely visible.

Also, yes I know we will not get much until about 9 months from when the movie starts, but I would like to see something more clearly and epic.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Seriously? I thought was being very clear. I want a good CLEAR shot, akin to Brandon Routh's Superman promo pic, of the new suit. With Cavill Standing up, in a clear pic. Not hunched over and shadowed in darkness and the shield is barely visible.

Also, yes I know we will not get much until about 9 months from when the movie starts, but I would like to see something more clearly and epic.
I think, in combination, those two images should give you a very clear sense of the suit.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:34 AM
Jeez dude, you aint half picky. It's quite obvious to what the suit looks like if you put both images together and create an image in your head, It's not difficult.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Ayelet Zurer Is Superman's Kryptonian Mother Lara
Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Superman is getting a new mom. Ayelet Zurer, the Israeli actress who starred in Angels & Demons and who played the wife of Avner (Eric Bana) in Munich, has been set to play the role of Lara Lor-Van, Supermanís Kryptonian mother in Man of Steel. Production is underway on the Warner Bros/ Legendary film. That role was originally going to be played by Julia Ormond. I was unable to find out why director Zack Snyder made the last minute change, but Iíve confirmed that Zurer will start filming this week. Henry Cavill plays Superman, Russell Crowe plays Supermanís Kryptonian father Jor-El, and Amy Adams, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane and Michael Shannon also star. Zurer will next be seen starring in the Lawrence Kasdan-directed Darling Companion opposite Diane Keaton, Kevin Kline and Dianne Weist for Sony Pictures Classics. Sheís repped by IFA Talent Agency. Man of Steel is produced by Chris Nolan, Charles Roven, Deborah Snyder and Emma Thomas.

much better choice Julia Ormond looked too old looking
Old 10-04-2011, 02:37 PM

JOR-EL

I didn't even know Crowe officially signed on for the project yet....

Last edited by AspectRatio1986; 10-05-2011 at 05:44 AM..
Old 10-04-2011, 08:58 PM
First Look at Russell Crowe as Jor-El in Man of Steel - http://bit.ly/q3xZeH
Old 10-05-2011, 12:52 AM
Michael Shannon talks about playing General Zod in Man of Steel - http://bit.ly/nJVH80
Old 10-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Fingers crossed. Want a decent superman flick