Old 08-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
The Raiders use a 3rd round pick on Terrell Pryor WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????
He's fast.

I'm surprised that you're surprised. I figured it too be the Raiders or Bengals taking him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@$$ View Post
Hey, I'm been saying this about the Lions this year with most people that watch football but have no fucking clue about anything outside of the Patriots and teams such as Jets. I wish my man sreamer581 comes back and defends me on my defense of the Detroit Lions so some nobody that thinks he knows football starts coming in and thinks the Lions will be like the 2008-09 team.
The Lions are improved and are building depth, but injuries have hit them in the preseason. I told my friends 7-8 wins would be great this year. Even though I think they're better, they still have glaring holes. I've said since Millen was fired that it would take 4 years until this team is a playoff contender again.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Quote:
The Raiders use a 3rd round pick on Terrell Pryor WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????? Seriously what high of a pick on someone that might never play at least at QB ugh

Idiots!
Not surprised the Raiders took a flyer on him, but from what I've seen, despite his record, he doesn't look like much of a quarterback. His arm is surprisingly weak for someone of his stature, his motion breaks down easily, and he doesn't even have that tight of a spiral. I've heard him compared to Newton (size/athleticism) but it's not close. Newton has a pocket presence and a rocket arm. Pryor has neither. I think he's somewhere in between Brad Smith and Cam Newton from a prospect standpoint, which certainly doesn't merit a 3rd round pick.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by labialover View Post
He's fast.

I'm surprised that you're surprised. I figured it too be the Raiders or Bengals taking him.
Surprised the Raiders took him not really just surprised considering from hearing how the type of QB he is he's not even close to being ready and unless he plays a different position than QB he has no chance at playing or having any success considering its the Raiders. The price of a 3rd round pick is way to high to justify taking him

Just read that Giants CB Terrell Thomas tore his ACL tonight and is out for the year. The offseason and pre season gets worse and worse for them the more I keep thinking about it the more Im thinking that they might fall down to 3rd in the NFC East and could be poised for a bigger fall than I thought

Last edited by horrorfreak13; 08-22-2011 at 11:32 PM..
Old 08-23-2011, 12:12 AM
Well apparently Gruden thinks Pryor is gonna be a solid qb. I tend to agree with Gruden, and I'm kind of surprised because Pryor never impressed me. But now I"ll at least give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Miami signs Larry Johnson. I guess they didn't see how he did in Washington when we cut him early in the year when it was clear he's not the same as he used to be.

Guarantee he's cut by week 4 or week 3
Old 08-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Quote:
The Raiders use a 3rd round pick on Terrell Pryor WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????? Seriously what high of a pick on someone that might never play at least at QB ugh

Idiots!
Really? That is what the Raiders do. That is why they are a joke along with their crazy ass owner.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Just read that Giants CB Terrell Thomas tore his ACL tonight and is out for the year. The offseason and pre season gets worse and worse for them the more I keep thinking about it the more Im thinking that they might fall down to 3rd in the NFC East and could be poised for a bigger fall than I thought
Don't you worry about the Giants. They are still going to give the Skins a beat down. :-) They were using 3rd and 4th stringers in the secondary when they won their last Super Bowl. If their front line pressures the QB like they can, you and I can play well in the Giant secondary.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Don't you worry about the Giants. They are still going to give the Skins a beat down. :-) They were using 3rd and 4th stringers in the secondary when they won their last Super Bowl. If their front line pressures the QB like they can, you and I can play well in the Giant secondary.
lol that might be true I think the Giants are probably and likely finishing 3rd in the NFC East but their offense hasn't looked the same since Plaxico left them. They lost their TE and haven't replaced him at all

I don't think any team has had a worse offseason than them at this point.

And also the more I think about it the more the Bengals are getting Andrew Luck next year because it will be a damn miracle if they even get 3 wins this year

I just read about the 49ers-Raiders game where fans got violent in the stands ugh what the hell is wrong with some of you guys in California jeez the NFL has banned pre-season games between the two teams

Last edited by horrorfreak13; 08-23-2011 at 11:24 AM..
Old 08-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Quote:
lol that might be true I think the Giants are probably and likely finishing 3rd in the NFC East but their offense hasn't looked the same since Plaxico left them. They lost their TE and haven't replaced him at all

I don't think any team has had a worse offseason than them at this point.
I know this is the opinion of many who watch and are around football, but I think it is total bullshit. Most of the teams that have won in recent years have all been built through the draft and not free agency. I know people will say they should keep their own, but I guess they feel differently. They hardly ever threw to Boss and he would go games with one or no catches. I don't think that is his fault, but that is what happened. Boss was not supposed to be this great player nor is he either. He made a few nice catches and that is it. I am sure he can be replaced. No, the team has not been the same since Plax left, but they have been grooming a couple guys and tI like the future.

Keep in mind the year they won the Super Bowl several key plays were made by rookies they drafted. Who says they won't get good value from recent draft choices.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Both Beck and Grossman looked great last night I would really like Beck to win the QB job and looks like he will and see how he does running game also looks great too sucks to lose rookie DE Jenkins to a ACL tear he was doing great too damn.

Still not getting overexcited about this year yet.

BTW for those who visit this thread that play or have played the confidence pool last year and previous years the thread will be going up on Sunday.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:24 PM
BTW I just wanted to take this opportunity to say I bought my ticket to the Bills-Redskins game in Toronto I don't care if its the damn Bills or if its in Toronto or it cost me $154 for my damn ticket to do this.

Its my first NFL game I wanted it to be a Redskins game even if I know the team won't do well this year I don't care its the best chance I have to see my team over the next several years
Old 08-30-2011, 06:13 AM
Quote:
BTW I just wanted to take this opportunity to say I bought my ticket to the Bills-Redskins game in Toronto I don't care if its the damn Bills or if its in Toronto or it cost me $154 for my damn ticket to do this.

Its my first NFL game I wanted it to be a Redskins game even if I know the team won't do well this year I don't care its the best chance I have to see my team over the next several years
Football games are a hell of a lot of fun to watch in person. Enjoy yourself!
Old 09-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Rex Grossman wins the Redskins QB starting job over John Beck meh whatever
Old 09-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Rex Grossman wins the Redskins QB starting job over John Beck meh whatever
I have had no time to look into football much this year, but I would have went with Beck.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Quote:
I have had no time to look into football much this year, but I would have went with Beck.
I would have too and I think they will at some point. Grossman was better slightly in the peaseason than Beck was. I think once Grossman screws up or when they end up out of it by week 10-12 they will turn to Beck and see what they have.

Oh and Tiki Barber is devestated he didn't get a chance this preseason with a team. Umm you're a 36 year old RB that hasn't played in 5 years what the hell did you expect. I would have been shocked if he actually got shot with a team.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Quote:
I would have too and I think they will at some point. Grossman was better slightly in the peaseason than Beck was. I think once Grossman screws up or when they end up out of it by week 10-12 they will turn to Beck and see what they have.

Oh and Tiki Barber is devestated he didn't get a chance this preseason with a team. Umm you're a 36 year old RB that hasn't played in 5 years what the hell did you expect. I would have been shocked if he actually got shot with a team.
That is exactly why teams lose year after year. Grossman is not the long term answer. He is not even lightning in the bottle. I would rather see what the younger guy can do over a guy who gets to play until he screws up.

I am very happy Tiki "I am smarter and better than you are" Barber has no where to play and is given very little chance. A clear case where a guy gets what he deserves. I think he could actually put up some decent numbers, but Tiki is an asshole and I laugh at him.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
That is exactly why teams lose year after year. Grossman is not the long term answer. He is not even lightning in the bottle. I would rather see what the younger guy can do over a guy who gets to play until he screws up.

I am very happy Tiki "I am smarter and better than you are" Barber has no where to play and is given very little chance. A clear case where a guy gets what he deserves. I think he could actually put up some decent numbers, but Tiki is an asshole and I laugh at him.
Grossman isn't and I don't really think Beck is either I think this year was improve the defense, O-Line an get as many skill players through draft and by not signing big name free agents which has failed more often than worked and then next year draft a top QB next year that can play with what's there(we won't get Luck though).

I think another reason could be they think they could be better than they thought after seeing what went on in the preseason not that im expecting much but this team was in every game but 2 of their losses last year. I'm still saying 6 wins though

It's not necessarily Tiki is an "asshole" its you're a RB and you're 36 with a short training camp no chance he was getting a shot I would have been shocked if he got a chance. Clinton Portis is 2 years removed from having a great year and is 30 and showed up to the Pats training camp out of shape supposedly and that's the only chance he got
Old 09-06-2011, 11:21 PM
So Jacksonville cuts David Garrard because they believe Luke McCown gives them the chance to win now.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight yeah because Garrard making $8 million had nothing to do with it whatsoever
Old 09-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Quote:
So Jacksonville cuts David Garrard because they believe Luke McCown gives them the chance to win now.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight yeah because Garrard making $8 million had nothing to do with it whatsoever
I think a few teams are going to take a chance and see what thei young QB's will do. Some of them, maybe like Washington, I believe are doing this to tank the year to try to get Luck. Garrard is OK and would probably win 5 or 6 games and that puts them out of the Luck lottery. Might as well go with McCown and see what happens.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Quote:
I think a few teams are going to take a chance and see what thei young QB's will do. Some of them, maybe like Washington, I believe are doing this to tank the year to try to get Luck. Garrard is OK and would probably win 5 or 6 games and that puts them out of the Luck lottery. Might as well go with McCown and see what happens.
I can understand that just the timing is terrible even considering Garrard played with most of the 1st team offense during the pre-season this screams financial move and pre-planned from the start and should have cut Garrard to begin with he will probably catch onto another team but will have to learn a new system. Jacksonville is a Maurice Jones-Drew injury away from being a 3 or 4 win team this year

Pittsburgh needs a backup QB with Leftwich out for the year or how about Seattle he or anybody has to be better than Tavaris Jackson

Peyton Manning is ruled out for week 1. The division is just there for Houston for the taking this year
Old 09-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Peyton Manning is ruled out for week 1. The division is just there for Houston for the taking this year
While it does depress me how this season will play out with Manning hurt, one thing I hope it does is finally wake the front office up and make them realize they can't skimp on a decent backup like they have been.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
I don't think they are trying to be part of the Luck lottery. They are going to give McCown the start from the beginning, until he proves that he sucks, and then throw in Gabbert and let him get work for the rest of the season. Although, with that plan they could end up being part of the Luck lottery anway, but I don't think that is the intention.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:20 AM
I think Luck is going to be the next Peyton Manning. He's 6'4", 235 lbs. If anything, San Francisco might try to tank the season, just so he can be reunited with Jim Harbaugh.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
I think Luck is going to be the next Peyton Manning. He's 6'4", 235 lbs. If anything, San Francisco might try to tank the season, just so he can be reunited with Jim Harbaugh.
There will be 2 or 3 teams tanking the season to get Luck. I just hope my team plays these tanking teams. If I were Washington, I would tank. Elway- Shanahan, Shanahan - Luck. You can easily say they will lose all 6 divison games and then almost all of the games against the AFC east.

Nov 6th could be the best game ever.
49ers vs Redskins. Two teams tanking to get Luck. I'd watch that. You might actually see a guy or 4 run into the wrong endzone to score a touchdown for the other team. Could be epic!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damone View Post
While it does depress me how this season will play out with Manning hurt, one thing I hope it does is finally wake the front office up and make them realize they can't skimp on a decent backup like they have been.
It might be a good thing if the Colts don't have Manning this year. They are always a good team and they do not get any top picks. That is not so good in the NFL. Maybe Manning misses some or most or all of this year and they get a top 5 pick. They could get a need in the first round and get a future QB in the second or third round. Even with Manning, the Colts are not winning anything. Might as well take advantage of Manning not playing and get yourself some top picks.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Quote:
There will be 2 or 3 teams tanking the season to get Luck. I just hope my team plays these tanking teams. If I were Washington, I would tank. Elway- Shanahan, Shanahan - Luck. You can easily say they will lose all 6 divison games and then almost all of the games against the AFC east.

Nov 6th could be the best game ever.
49ers vs Redskins. Two teams tanking to get Luck. I'd watch that. You might actually see a guy or 4 run into the wrong endzone to score a touchdown for the other team. Could be epic!
I woudn't say we wil easily lose all 6 games against the division for as bad as we are going to be and kinda have been for a few years we have been known to steal a divisional game here and there(Dallas a few years ago, and we were 2-4 against the NFC East last year)

I don't see us getting Luck because I stil say there are at least 6 teams worse than the Redskins(Carolina, Seattle, San Francisco, Cincinnati, Jacksonville) And if Manning is out for a long time you can add Indianapolis to that without Manning thats a 4-12 team at best I think.

I'd rather tank for Luck but we won't get him and having a easy schedule kind of reflects that(And being in every game they lost least year except for 2)
Old 09-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Might as well take advantage of Manning not playing and get yourself some top picks.
As much as I hate to say it, that's true. Now is definitely the time to think about the future.

But that doesn't mean I want them to go out and tank games on purpose either. I've sat through a lot of bad seasons in the past so I'm not quite ready to sit through them again just yet.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Week 1 games thoughts and picks(yes this is against the spread)

Green Bay(-4.5) over New Orleans - Great game to open up the year defending champs start off with the win as the Saints WRs look a little banged up

Atlanta(-2.5) over Chicago - Forte left $14 million on the table hoping for a big payday good luck with that. And I don't buy into a team where Roy Wiliams is your #1 WR

Kansas City(-6.5) over Buffalo - Bills had one of the worst run defenses last year so screw the passing game just let Jamaal Charles run over these guys

Cleveland(-4.5) over Cincinnati - I'm not big on Peyton Hillis this year there's the team, play dropped off last year, madden curse. Still way better than Cincinnati

Tampa Bay(-3.5) over Detroit - I'll take the team with the better defense in this one

Tennessee(+2.5) over Jacksonville - I was going to pick Jacksonville in this game easily until they sacked Garrard for Luke McCown

Houston Texans(-2.5) over Indianapolis - If not now it will be never for Houston division is just theirs for the taking

St.Louis(+5.5) over Philadelphia - the Rams aren't pushovers and should keep this closer than some people think

Pittsburgh(+2.5) over Baltimore - Flacco is 2-6 vs Pittsburgh(0-6 vs Rothlisberger) in his career

Minnesota(+8.5) over San Diego - be aware of the slow start I'm not falling for it here and sure as hell not by 9 pts

NY Giants(+3.5) over Washington - The Giants constant injuries scare me and so do the fact the Redskins almost never show up in NY

Arizona(-5.5) over Carolina - Ugh

San Francisco(-5.5) over Seattle - UGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NY Jets(-4.5) over Dallas - CBs on Dallas are banged up and they have issues on the secondary to begin with dosen't help

New England(-5.5) over Miami - Brady in primetime TV yeah I won't go against him either

Denver(-0.5) over Oakland - The Raiders take a step back since Al Davis still thinks its 1983
Old 09-08-2011, 02:21 PM
ESPN's Chris Mortensen confirms that Peyton Manning underwent cervical fusion surgery on his neck Thursday morning. Reportedly could be out 2-3 months

Well Houston the AFC South is yours on a silver platter
Old 09-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Quote:
ESPN's Chris Mortensen confirms that Peyton Manning underwent cervical fusion surgery on his neck Thursday morning. Reportedly could be out 2-3 months

Well Houston the AFC South is yours on a silver platter
Well shit.

Can't say I'm too overly shocked. Like most people, it seemed obvious things were bad when they decided to grab Collins.

As long as the Jags don't win the division I'll be somewhat happy.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
I woudn't say we wil easily lose all 6 games against the division for as bad as we are going to be and kinda have been for a few years we have been known to steal a divisional game here and there(Dallas a few years ago, and we were 2-4 against the NFC East last year)

I don't see us getting Luck because I stil say there are at least 6 teams worse than the Redskins(Carolina, Seattle, San Francisco, Cincinnati, Jacksonville) And if Manning is out for a long time you can add Indianapolis to that without Manning thats a 4-12 team at best I think.

I'd rather tank for Luck but we won't get him and having a easy schedule kind of reflects that(And being in every game they lost least year except for 2)
I did not mean it like that. I meant if they lose, it can be seen as losing to 3 better teams and not tanking. The Giants, iggles and cowboys are quality teams. I know the Skins always play all the teams tough and win a lot too. The Skins can go 2-14 very easy if they tank a bit here and there.

If I were them I would either lose or tank.
They could lose all 6 divison games
They could lose all 4 AFC east games
Should lose to Minn, St Louis and AZ
That leaves Carolina, Seattle and 49ers. I would lose 1 or 2 of those and bang. You have the number 1 pick.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damone View Post
As much as I hate to say it, that's true. Now is definitely the time to think about the future.

But that doesn't mean I want them to go out and tank games on purpose either. I've sat through a lot of bad seasons in the past so I'm not quite ready to sit through them again just yet.
They won't have to tank. They are not very good without Manning. 5 wins tops without him. I remember once for the Spurs David Robinson was out for the year and they ended up getting the number one pick. Duncan. Enough said.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Quote:
I remember once for the Spurs David Robinson was out for the year and they ended up getting the number one pick. Duncan. Enough said.
Good point.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Quote:
I did not mean it like that. I meant if they lose, it can be seen as losing to 3 better teams and not tanking. The Giants, iggles and cowboys are quality teams. I know the Skins always play all the teams tough and win a lot too. The Skins can go 2-14 very easy if they tank a bit here and there.

If I were them I would either lose or tank.
They could lose all 6 divison games
They could lose all 4 AFC east games
Should lose to Minn, St Louis and AZ
That leaves Carolina, Seattle and 49ers. I would lose 1 or 2 of those and bang. You have the number 1 pick.
All that could happen I still say they somehow get 6 wins this year.

so close New Orleans tonight nice to see Green Bay hasn't left off from last year and New Orleans nice defense tonight how were you guys so good 2 years ago on defense I will never know
Old 09-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Quote:
All that could happen I still say they somehow get 6 wins this year.

so close New Orleans tonight nice to see Green Bay hasn't left off from last year and New Orleans nice defense tonight how were you guys so good 2 years ago on defense I will never know
OH straight up, they will get 6 wins. But if they decide to make the very smart choice and lose a few games on purpose they could be looking at 15 or so very good to great years. Can't win in this league without a great QB. The last so so QB to win the Super Bowl was that bitch on ESPN with the Ravens, Dilfer. I hate him.

WOW What happened the defense? The Saints marched down the field like they were playing a high school team. NFL teams need to come up with a better way tp play defense in the last 2 minutes of a game. I see this in like 50% of the games now. Makes we wonder why teams don;t go all Buffalo Bills on us and use the two minute drill the whole game. Drew Brees blew the game when he did not spike the ball on first down and wasted about 15 secs.

Last edited by Erroneous; 09-09-2011 at 09:11 AM..
Old 09-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Quote:
WOW What happened the defense? The Saints marched down the field like they were playing a high school team. NFL teams need to come up with a better way tp play defense in the last 2 minutes of a game. I see this in like 50% of the games now. Makes we wonder why teams don;t go all Buffalo Bills on us and use the two minute drill the whole game. Drew Brees blew the game when he did not spike the ball on first down and wasted about 15 secs.
I forget who said it, but the only thing a Prevent defense does is prevent you from winning. It's what always happens late in games. Teams are afraid of giving up the home run but they end up giving up a string of singles and a couple doubles.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:52 PM

Shit, great game last night and cant wait to get this shit started on sunday!!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
I forget who said it, but the only thing a Prevent defense does is prevent you from winning. It's what always happens late in games. Teams are afraid of giving up the home run but they end up giving up a string of singles and a couple doubles.
I hate the Prevent D. Attack, attack, attack!
Old 09-11-2011, 01:26 PM
34-0 Houston at halftime. Maybe Peyton Manning should have been the MVP every year holy fuck
Old 09-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Yeah if you have any Indianapolis players in fantasy football, dump them now.

Except for Wayne maybe.