Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 07:05 AM
True Legend 8/10
The President's Last Bang 6/10
Old 09-10-2011, 10:53 AM

Contagion - 8/10 or ****/***** stars

Steven Soderbergh's latest, Contagion, is one of my favorite films of 2011, hands down. This is the first real horror film of the year. It's been quite some time since I've seen a film as unsettling and haunting as Contagion. This film got underneath my skin, which is a result of its disturbingly realistic premise. There were plenty of moments where I squirmed and cringed in my seat. Contagion is certainly not perfect: There's not a single well-developed character in the film, but every major character is well-acted by a stellar, Oscar-heavy ensemble cast, so the lack of character development is easy to overlook (at least for me). Soderbergh has crafted an engrossing, intelligent, tightly plotted, and abso-fucking-lutely frightening thriller that ranks as one of his best directorial efforts. After seeing this film, I guarantee you will want to wash your hands or use some hand sanitizer. (That's the first thing I did after I exited the auditorium. I'm serious!)

Note #1: There's a very moving scene at the end of the film. I won't spoil it, but you'll know it when you see it. The choice of music (one of my favorite songs EVER by one of my favorite bands EVER) enhanced the scene as well. I'll be completely honest: This scene got me a little choked up.

Note #2: I loved the ending! Brilliant!

Note #3: Stop touching your face! Just stop it! Resist the urge! Haha!

Strider
Old 09-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Diary of a Wimpy Kid - 5/10
Ocean's 11 (2001) - 8/10
Old 09-10-2011, 05:14 PM

8/10
Old 09-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Deliver Us from Evil (7/10)
Old 09-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Warrior: 8.5/10
Old 09-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Warrior

8.5/10
Old 09-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Our Idiot Brother

The truth shall set you free. Unless you’re Ned with a bag of weed, in which case it does the exact opposite. Paul Rudd’s performance as the terminally optimistic Nedley (a name that makes me crack a grin even as I type it) is every bit as funny and not half as one-note as the trailer suggested it’d be, the entire movie being an amusing series of unfortunate events where Ned plays unwitting catalyst to his three sisters’ issues being forced out in the open due to his hilarious lack of tact or awareness. It’s gimmicky, but Rudd makes it endearingly awkward and not in any way obnoxious, such as in the hysterical moment where Ned tries and fails to be accommodating during an MMF threesome and feels guilty afterward for not being gay enough as a straight guy to make it work out for everybody. But the most natural bits to me were the interplay between Rudd and Elizabeth Banks (sporting her sexy Betty Brant thang again), the two already having had great chemistry since Wet Hot American Summer and all the way up to Role Models. And in the end, I laughed a lot and felt for the guy, a simple but charming goof who just wants to play a game of charades with his family and unwind with his best friend Willie Nelson. Is that so wrong?

-> 8/10
Old 09-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Hobson's Choice with Charles Laughton and John Mills - The owner of a bootmaking shop must learn to deal with his daughters growing up, marrying, and moving on with their lives. Laughton gives a very good performance as the autocratic head of the house as well as Mills as the real talent of the shop who is otherwise fairly dimwitted. 8/10

I Walk Alone with Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas - A bootlegger is released from prison and attempts to collect on a debt from a former friend. Two excellent performances even if the rest of the cast can't keep up. The story was fairly predictable but still ably performed by the two leads. 7/10

The Circuit - Mediocre racing film with a boring romantic subplot. I really like Michelle Trachtenberg but she is much better than this. 3/10
Old 09-10-2011, 11:37 PM
The Lookout (9/10)
Old 09-10-2011, 11:37 PM
die another die[2002]

2/5

a decent bond movie w/ good action. over use of cgi and the use of Madonna is a disgrace to any bond movie or any movie
Old 09-11-2011, 12:34 AM

Everything Must Go(2011)-7/10
Old 09-11-2011, 01:13 AM
127 Hours (Danny Boyle, 2010) A
This film really is inspiring and it gives you appreciation for life. While I found Franco's performance to be overrated, he did a good job and I have to give him props for holding his own without really having anyone to work off of. The cinematography and script are absolutely fantastic. There are some really cool shots from inside Ralston's veins or inside his water bottle. The actual amputation scene uses a blend of shocking images and sharp, startling sound effects to make one of the most intense film scenes I've seen in recent years. I never loved Danny Boyle but he's been hitting it out of the park with Slumdog Millionaire and 127 Hours.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:01 AM
Pathfinder (4/10)
Old 09-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Re-watch:

Another 48 HRS. - ***
Old 09-11-2011, 11:19 AM
House of Games 7.5
Old 09-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Creature - 3/10
Welcome to the Riley's - 8/10
Old 09-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Colombiana - 5/10
Old 09-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Runaway Bride

5/10
Old 09-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Machete Maidens Unleashed!
8/10

Midnight In Paris
9/10
Old 09-11-2011, 03:00 PM

Gone Baby Gone (2007)

I just watched this movie for the first time last night and I LOVED it!! I thought everything about it was great. In fact, now this is my current favorite movie of all-time.

Glad I finally watched it!!
Old 09-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Hunger

Tough watch, solid film and performance by Fassbender.

7/10
Old 09-11-2011, 05:18 PM

It was even better the second time around. It definitely breathed new life in to a franchise that I had thought was dead after the dreadful movies that were X Men: The Last Stand and Wolverine. I think its the best one of the franchise so far and I hope they do more with this cast. Micha el Fassbender and James McAvoy successfully made the characters of Magneto and Professor X their own, both are quickly becoming two of my favorite actors. Same with Jennifer Lawrence, although I still need to see more with her in it but I've been impressed by in the two movies I've seen with her. I've never been that big fan of a Kevin Bacon fan but I really like him in this and I want to see him take more villain roles in the future because he seems well suited in those roles. Matthew Vaughn did a fantastic job of handling the ensemble and the action sequences, I hope he sticks with the franchise in the future.

9/10
Old 09-11-2011, 06:56 PM

7/10

A homage to grindhouse cinema of the 70's and early 80's.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (Phil Lord/Christopher Miller, 2009) B+
I was shocked at how funny this movie was. It really is very clever, and even has one particularly funny and subtle joke that pokes fun at Roland Emmerich. On top of that, the art style is great and the voice work is fantastic, with voices provided by Bill Hader, Anna Faris, Bruce Campbell, Andy Samberg, and Neil Patrick Harris.

The Naked Gun
(David Zucker, 1988) A-
I love these 1980's spoof movies. The Naked Gun flings gags at you a mile a minute. The bumbling protagonist, Frank Drebin, is played by the late, great Leslie Nielsen, whose deadpan performance really enhances the film's comedy, although it does get old after a few viewings.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Lady of Burlesque with Barbara Stanwyck - Based on a murder story by Gypsy Rose Lee this is actually a taut story set in a burlesque show. Stanwyck was fantastic as always and there were a few other solid performances by virtually unknown actors. I also didn't know who the killer would be - usually a good sign. 8/10

The Thing From Another World - This film which was the basis for the 80's Kurt Russell film might seem a bit hokey to some but I liked it. They didn't throw in a ton of action scenes but rather had the characters discuss what was going on in order to set the scene. I liked the buildup to the Thing's appearances and when he finally did arrive it was a pretty good fight. 7/10
Old 09-11-2011, 08:49 PM
3 Extremes

An Asian horror anthology from three of the Far East’s most prolific shock exporters, Chan-wook Park, Takashi Miike, and Fruit Chan, the last of which whose work I hadn’t seen prior to his grisly piece “Dumplings”. And I suppose the best thing I can say about his segment is that I went to a Chinese buffet shortly after seeing it and steered well clear of the usually uncontroversial wonton soup. Well done, Fruity. Bastard. A tale and ending not for the squeamish, but then it doesn’t really get any less provocative when Park takes the wheel for the one-room thriller and part pitch-black comedy Cut, which combines the intensity Park is known for with an oddball self-reflexiveness that reminded me of the “humor” in Battle Royale for some reason, though the ending is a bit wonky, even by Park’s standards. The last segment Box, courtesy of Miike, is probably the weakest, and ironically the least gory of the three, chronicling a beautiful young author’s flashback nightmares to a childhood spent as a contortionist circus performer with a twin sister and a facepainted guardian whose disturbing dimensions are surprisingly dependent on subtlety, surprising if you’ve seen even one Miike movie in your life. In the end, I’d say watch it for Park’s highly entertaining entry, and for the curiosity factor of the other two. There is a theatrical version of Dumplings in the DVD set, but I figured fuck that, one smaller portion in the anthology was good enough for now. I mean, I really was looking forward to that Chinese buffet.

-> 7/10
Old 09-11-2011, 09:21 PM
I keep hearing of Takashi Miike as this hugely controversial filmmaker, but I've only seen 13 Assassins (loved it) and I would like to see some of the stuff he's really known for.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magjournal View Post
I keep hearing of Takashi Miike as this hugely controversial filmmaker, but I've only seen 13 Assassins (loved it) and I would like to see some of the stuff he's really known for.
then start with Audition, then go on to Ichi the Killer
Old 09-12-2011, 02:31 AM
The Women - ** 1/2

An okay movie. Nothing great, and is fairly uneven but works more often than it doesn't due in large part to a tremendously appealing performance from Meg Ryan. Eva Mendes is pretty funny (and sexy) as the woman whom is having an affair with Ryan's husband. The second half goes on a little too long and veers off in other directions which aren't as interesting, such as the story involving Annette Benings character, but whenever the focus is on Ryan, the movie usually works.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:51 AM
All About My Mother - 5/10

My least favourite from Almodovar (spell-check) so far. I've tapped into his penchant for melodrama and with Talk to Her and Bad Education, he managed to balance that and realism ably. This often verges on preposterous soap-opera with characters that have been scraped from the bottom of a barrel. I pitied Manuella for her loss in the beginning, but I didn't buy in to her past in Barcelona for one minute. Whether that's down to a poor casting choice or script, I don't know.

On to his older work with Woman on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown or try something new with Broken Embraces?
Old 09-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceus View Post
All About My Mother - 5/10

My least favourite from Almodovar (spell-check) so far. I've tapped into his penchant for melodrama and with Talk to Her and Bad Education, he managed to balance that and realism ably. This often verges on preposterous soap-opera with characters that have been scraped from the bottom of a barrel. I pitied Manuella for her loss in the beginning, but I didn't buy in to her past in Barcelona for one minute. Whether that's down to a poor casting choice or script, I don't know.

On to his older work with Woman on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown or try something new with Broken Embraces?
I really enjoyed Broken Embraces but I seem to be a bigger fan of Almodovar than you as I also liked All About My Mother. I haven't seen Woman on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown yet so I can't recommend that one way or the other.

Last edited by smacaskill; 09-12-2011 at 09:51 AM..
Old 09-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope Blu-Ray

Picture quality is not bad but not spectacular. The CGI in the Jabba scene looks bad in 1080p. Pretty sure anyone else would have cut it.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Troll Hunter - 7.5/10
Old 09-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Here are mini-reviews for the 9 films I saw at TIFF:

360 – 7/10

Not a bad way to kick off my 3 day marathon at TIFF. It’s definitely flawed and some story lines aren’t as good as others, but it’s engaging throughout and has a few really good performances. Ben Foster is the clear standout here as a sex offender who is released from prison and, as he is flying back home, gets stranded at an airport. The part where he is on the payphone had me biting my nails. Anthony Hopkins is also pretty solid as well and there is a heartbreaking moment where he is at the morgue seeing if he can identify his missing daughter (who has been missing for a while) and as he leaves the coroner says, “See you next time”. I suppose this ends up being the problem with 360. It has so many great individual moments, but as a whole it just ends up being contrived and unfocused. One might think this could be attributed to the editing, but the editing is pretty fantastic. I think the real problem is the script by Peter Morgan. He is treading Hereafter territory here, but that film was much more focused (and that film still wasn't all that focused). There are just so many characters he’s trying to juggle. I get the point he is trying to make, but it just has an awkward structure. All in all, I enjoyed it, but it definitely has its issues.

The Artist – 8/10

I’m relatively new to silent cinema. I haven’t seen many and was worried going into this that The Artist might not be my thing and that it might bore me. In the first couple of minutes I was still unsure, but it wasn’t long before I was completely absorbed by this movie. The combination of the terrific performances, gorgeous cinematography, sharp and funny script, and the wonderful music made for a really entertaining ode to cinema. Jean Dujardin is perfect in this role and is sure to get an Oscar nomination. He not only has the look of an older star, but his facial expressions really give the film a lot of emotion. Bérénice Bejo was terrific as well. The bits with the dog were hilarious and charming. I suppose my only real complaint is that the storyline is a little thin. It’s satisfying and structurally sound, but there’s not a lot to it. It’s a pretty basic rise-fall-rise scenario, but it's constructed so well and has so much heart that this thinness is forgiven. I do worry that it won’t catch on with mainstream audiences, which is a shame because I think if people gave it a chance they would really enjoy it.

Wuthering Heights – 7/10

By far the toughest film I sat through at TIFF. I saw some other intense and grim films, but it’s just so chilly and emotionally uninvolving that it became difficult to sit through its second half. The first half is pretty damn great. It’s well paced, engaging and extremely tense. The second half, however, gets quite repetitive with the onslaught of nature images and the juggling of two locations. It seemed like Heathcliff was walking back and forth for an hour, occasionally engaging in a discussion when he arrived. I have heard that the first half departs from the book quite a bit, but that the second half sticks to it. I think this was a mistake on Arnold’s part. The first half is daring and provocative, but the second half ends up becoming slightly ridiculous in terms of the main relationship. The two kids give terrific performances though and were better than the actors who played the older versions. The cinematography is absolutely stunning. It’s gorgeous and aesthetically pleasing one minute and then raw and gritty the next with the terrific use of hand held. All in all, it’s a flawed film with a better first half than second half, but the first half is good enough and the performances and cinematography are good enough for me to appreciate the film quite a bit. It’s just not anything I can see myself sitting through again.

The Hunter – 8/10

Other than maybe Take This Waltz, this is probably the biggest surprise of the festival from me. The description sounded pretty good and the preview stills indicated top-notch cinematography, but I wasn’t completely sold. I just had this feeling that it was going to be a meditative, slow-paced bore, which is something I wasn’t in the mood for after Wuthering Heights. To my surprise though, it’s actually a really engaging and warm film. Not only are the hunting scenes absolutely riveting and beautiful, but there is a subplot involving Willem Dafoe taking care of two kids that was funny, touching and heartbreaking. The combination of these two aspects of the story may make it seem like an uneven piece of work, but everything flows pretty seamlessly and the connections between the two subplots are well played. It’s a slow burn, but is always very entertaining. Dafoe also gives a great performance that may have had potential Oscar buzz in a weaker year. I hope this ends up getting distribution soon, because I think people are going to end up really enjoying this.

The Descendants – 10/10

This was the first film I saw that truly blew me away. Please note that I got to shake Clooney’s hand and see the movie with an enthusiastic audience, which was followed by a Q&A. These factors may be amplifying my enjoyment of the film (pretty much inevitable at a film fest to some degree), but The Descendants is a really, really terrific film. It may even be Payne’s best work, and I am a big fan. It has the heart, wit and depth of all of his other films, but it is stripped of the cynicism, which was quite refreshing. It’s also not sentimental, which is definitely an issue that another director may have had with the film. Clooney gives the best performance of his career. There are glimpses of the sharp and sly characters he has played in the past, but it’s a pretty stripped down performance, which is not only evident in his delivery and mannerisms, but also in his weathered hair and face. The only one I can see standing in his way of an Oscar win is DiCaprio. The real surprise, however, was Shailene Woodley, who I think it a shoe in for a supporting actress nomination for this performance. She plays a rebellious teenager, but not at all in the typical way you would expect. She displays terrific emotional range and nails the aspect of the character that sides with the dad, even if he hasn’t been there for her for the majority of her life. Seeing her and Clooney rip into the mother while she is in a coma is one of the most brutally honest and incredibly emotional things I have seen on film in a long time. The pool scene also nearly made me break down... and I have rarely ever come close to doing that during any films throughout my life. Nick Krause is the scene stealer, providing some great comic relief. I love how the film flips from being incredibly emotional to being incredibly funny within a matter of seconds. The most unfunny situations end up being the funniest parts of the film. Krause is a big part of this dynamic, and of course, Payne’s brilliant screenplay doesn’t hurt. It’s such a sharp, well-structured script with snappy and powerful dialogue. Its best quality, however, is the way Payne makes these characters so completely human. By doing this, it makes the audience understand them better and makes it easier to sympathize with them, even when they are doing things that you generally wouldn’t sympathize with. This is likely to win the People’s Choice Award and should go on to get a slew of award nominations, and likely a ton of wins. It deserves everything it will get.

Drive – 10/10

As fun as TIFF is, it is a pretty tiring experience. The combination of late nights, early mornings, poor nutrition and having numb butt cheeks by the third screening can burn you out pretty badly. By the time you get back to the hotel at night it’s pretty much inevitable that you will crash right away... unless you saw Drive, that is. Few films have given me such a rush of adrenaline. I was up until 2:30 or 3, easily; my heart still pounding, the soundtrack stuck in my head, and visions of Ryan Gosling boot stomping the living fuck out of some guy’s head putting my mind at anything but ease. Drive is a rare kind of film. A mainstream action/revenge/thriller with an incredible soundtrack, gorgeous cinematography, a brilliant atmospheric depiction of LA, and twists and turns that never ceased to surprise me. Keep in mind I had only seen the first Cannes clip and briefly took a glimpse at the first trailer like 3 months ago, so I don’t think I had very much ruined for me. After watching the promo material after the screening, I can see why some people are hesitant to believe the praise. Not only have they spoiled a few key plot twists, but it is completely missing the pulse that makes the movie as good as it is. Gosling is terrific here. He doesn’t have many lines, but the few words he speaks, combined with the haunted and worn looks on his face make for a terrific performance that I think could get him an Oscar nom. Carey Mulligan is also great here. She too doesn’t have many lines, but you can see it all in the face. Albert Brooks is brilliant as a slimy bad guy, and Ron Pearlman is great and often hilarious as well. Cranston doesn’t have a ton of scenes, but like Refn said in the Q&A, this guy could read a phone book and make it interesting; he definitely makes the most of his time. Speaking of Refn, this is not only his best film and directorial effort, but it is the best directorial effort I have seen this year. From the song choices to the brilliant LA atmosphere he catches, to the incredibly brutal violence he had the balls to put in the film. He really nailed it. He also paces the film perfectly and really knows how to set up surprise moments to get the absolute maximum effect. The long, lingering shots of Gosling’s face post-beat down are not only well constructed and aesthetically pleasing, but also tell us so much about the character. I also thought the film had quite a bit of heart. You don’t get a lot of back story, but the way Refn directs it and the way the actors play the characters, you really get a sense of what they may have been through. Gosling’s character finally has found someone that he can bond with and free him from some form of misery that seems to be consuming him. He’s still untalkative and still scarred but Irene and Benicio have finally given him something to live for, even if he isn’t romantically involved. His response to them being threatened, in my opinion, doesn’t just showcase brutality, but rather strengthens the heart of this relationship. Anyway, it’s only a week before it comes out. Be sure to check it out and make this thing a hit. It deserves every penny.

We Need to Talk About Kevin – 10/10

This was definitely the best movie I saw at TIFF. It’s one of those rare films like Requiem for a Dream that sticks with you long after the credits have rolled. It is so fucking intense to the point that I would almost consider it a horror movie. The way Lynn Ramsay seamlessly intertwines the past and present is done beautifully and leads to a convergence that may be one of the most devastating things I have ever seen. Tilda Swinton gives one of the best female performances I have seen in years. From the depressed mother in Kevin’s younger years, to her trying extremely hard to make a connection with him in his teenage years, to her drained and tormented state after the massacre. She nails every emotion and there are times when she absolutely breaks your fucking heart. There is one scene where she is in the grocery store and she turns in an aisle where the mother of a teen that Kevin killed is shopping. The way she reacts to it will make you want to simultaneously cry, vomit and punch something. Ezra Miller is incredibly eerie as the son who will go to any lengths to torture his mother emotionally. One of the most chilling performances I have seen in years. If he doesn’t get a supporting acting nom, there will be hell to pay. John C. Reilly is also great as a loving, happy father who is in a strange state of denial about Kevin’s mental issues throughout the movie. His shifts from goofy to downright serious really showcase his range. Please, do not fear seeing this film. Yes, the subject matter is tough and it will leave you with horrifying images and sounds embedded in your brain, but I guarantee it will be the best and most powerful thing you will see all year.

Take This Waltz – 9/10

Out of any of the films I saw at TIFF, this is the one that quickly grew on me. When walking out of the theatre after the end of the movie I was thinking it was probably an 8/10. An engaging, funny, well-acted, even intense movie about the controversial topic of monogamy and polygamy. After having a conversation about it afterward, I remembered subtle things about the movie that made it so much more than that. Polley gave a diplomatic answer during the Q&A about her stance of monogamy vs. polygamy, but I really do think she has a stance. Sarah Silverman's sharp, drunken monologue near the end seems to be the way Polley emphasizes her stance. Rogen really nails the role. Definitely the best thing he has done and a clear indication that he can do dramatic stuff. He has some funny moments, but it is definitely a dramatic role. I can see him getting a supporting nomination for this. Williams is great as well as a goofy and confused woman, struggling with desires and moral issues. Some may find the character hard to sympathize with, but I didn’t feel that way. Stylistically, the film is incredibly well constructed. Polley and production designer Matthew Davies have created an incredible color palate here that highlights the vibrant nature of the situation Williams is going through. I don't think it is a film that everyone will love, but I think many will love it and will love it even more after they have had some time to ponder it. It also features easily the best use of "Video Killed the Radio Star" I have ever seen.

Martha Marcy May Marlene – 9/10

What a way to end the fest. This is a very intense and unsettling thriller that made me feel incredibly uncomfortable. The way Durkin weaved together the past and present almost as if they were one was incredible. I see an editing nomination in this film’s future. Stylistically it is also very impressive. It’s beautifully shot, but also has a graininess to it that gives the film a really chilling atmosphere. Elizabeth Olsen is great here and will surely get a nomination. John Hawkes is also downright creepy here. There is a gentle side to the character that makes him all the more terrifying. The ending is also incredibly haunting and leaves plenty to be discussed afterward. Some people sounded pissed off, but like Durkin said during the Q&A, there really is no other way to end it without making it feel false.

Last edited by Bourne101; 09-12-2011 at 07:59 PM..
Old 09-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Live Flesh - 7/10
Old 09-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Midnight in Paris

8.5/10
Old 09-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Great report Bourne, looking forward to all the films you reviewed.

Jaws (Steven Spielberg, 1975)

8/10

Last edited by Natty; 09-12-2011 at 09:07 PM..
Old 09-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Everything Must Go

When you strip away the caricatures that Will Ferrell has made a successful career on, there’s a very likeable, relateable everyman underneath, and it’s that average guy mentality that Ferrell brings back for this funny, emotionally honest portrait of a good old-fashioned suburban soul-cleansing. Alcoholic salesman Nick Halsey loses his job and his wife on the same day, then comes home to find all his shit on the front lawn and all the locks changed, becoming a strange but strangely fitting motif for the baggage that Halsey has to let go of in order to move on. And despite how good Ferrell was in Stranger Than Fiction, I have to admit this performance caught me by surprise, since it required him to go to some pretty dark places in Halsey’s emotionally untethered front lawn bender with an old leather recliner, a record player and a mini-fridge filled with Pabst Blue Ribbon. In the end, I’d love to see him do more stuff like this more often.

-> 8/10
Old 09-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Tank Girl (1995)

The movie in general is not a classic by any means BUT there's a lot a good value somewhere in there namely Lory Petty as Tank Girl. The girl is having a blast and , honestly, she's fun to watch. Did i say "fun" ? Nah , actually she's a 1-woman riot. But besides her , it's not that interesting .... Andy Mcdowell doing his usual villain archetype , poor pacing , predictable storyline. We do get to see a pretty young Naomi Campbell as a shy brunette. Fun movie because its crappy

5.5/10
Closed Thread