Two And A Half Men: Season 8 $29.99
Fringe: Season 3 $39.99
The Good Wife: Season 2 $36.99
Glee: Season 1 $19.99
Glee: Encore Edition $10.00

- - - - - - - - - -

$6.99 CD

"Glee: The Music - Dance Party" exclusive store release

Why is "Community" S2 ten bucks more than Best Buy? While no exclusive is listed, I'm concerned. A visit I must - on Tuesday.

Last edited by JohnIan; 09-04-2011 at 04:06 AM..
Old 09-03-2011, 04:37 AM
Best Buy - September 6th, 2011

Hanna
Exclusive Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo $22.99

Fringe: The Complete Third Season
Exclusive packaging $36.99

X-Men: First Class (available 9/9/11)
Exclusive, two bonus featurettes - fuzzy, bonuses on DVD ($16.99) and Blu-Ray? Or Blu-Ray ($22.99) only?

- - - - - - - - - -

Free $10.00 gift card with purchase of $50.00 or more of DVD and/or Blu-Rays (must be on the same recept)

- - - - - - - - - -

$4.99 DVDs

The Crow
Independence Day
The Naked Gun
Rain Man
Ace Ventura
X-Men
X2: X-Men United
X-Men: The Last Stand
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (single disc version)

- - - - - - - - - -

$12.99 DVD

A Cinderella Story

- - - - - - - - - -

$15.99 DVD

Paul

- - - - - - - - - -

Community: Season 2 $19.99
The Office: Season 7 $29.99
Criminal Minds: Season 6 $38.99
Two And A Half Men: Season 8 $28.99
Parks And Recreation: Season 3 $26.99
The Office: Seasons 1 - 6 $14.99 (each)
Fringe: Seasons 1 or 2 $19.99 (each)
Criminal Minds: Seasons 1 - 5 $14.99 (each)
Two And A Half Men: Seasons 5 - 7 $18.99 (each)
Parks And Recreation: Seasons 1 or 2 $14.99 (each)
Community: Season 1 $14.99
True Blood: Seasons 1 - 3 $34.99
Sons Of Anarchy: Season 3 $34.99
Sons Of Anarchy: Seasons 1 or 2 $24.99 (each)
Justified: Season 1 $14.99
Gossip Girl: Seasons 1 - 3 $18.99 (each)
The Middle: Season 1 $18.99
Modern Family: Season 1 $19.99
CSI: Miami: Seasons 7 or 8 $19.99 (each)
Psych: Season 5 $29.99
Psych: Seasons 1 - 4 $19.99 (each)

Well, if things go well - I'm taking home "Community" S2 from here. I say this since I most curious why Target is more expensive. As I wrote, I'll go there on Tuesday. Other than that, nope. Just that. Well, I want "Hanna" ($16.99), but I'll wait for a better sale down the line.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:39 AM
Past Tense

Today we showcase the exclusive that came with the remake of "The Time Machine"...

The motion picture opened on March 10th, 2002. It was made with a budget of $80,000,000 (estimated) and grossed over $123 million during its U.S. theatrical run.

The feature opened against "The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring", "A Beautiful Mind", "40 Days And 40 Nights" and "Return To Never Land".

This release was case only, no slipcover issued. It did come with a two page booklet, production notes with chapter listing.

- - -

Best Buy was the only store which had an exclusive, a bonus disc attached to the case. This set streeted on July 23rd, 2002 and sold for $14.99. The bonus disc came in a printed cardboard sleeve (which can fit inside the case). This was something I did not buy on release day. I bought my copy from Wal-Mart and the exclusive through Ebay many years ago (I didn't start buying DVDs until 2003, November to be exact). Since then, I moved this set into a two disc case. The movie disc is gold, unlike current DVD production which is polished silver.

"Inside The Screenplay" is a 6:01 minute featurette, strangely named "Writer & Director Commentary" on the sleeve. "Read The Screenplay" is text based, self-explanatory.

- - - - - - - - - -

Footnotes.

Above is a still from an alternate scene not included in the delete area, it only appears in the trailer for two seconds. Next to that is the final version. Traveler Alexander Hartdegen (Guy Pearce) goes further into the future and sees a new, more advance Eloi world (clearly influenced by Vox [Orlando Jones]). This was the new world he witnessed after fighting the Über-Morlock (Jeremy Irons). Filmmakers changed their minds and gave us a different, barren, Morlock owned world (one without a master mind controller). This bleak vision was probably done to give Alexander real motivation to change the future.

- - -

"The Time Machine" was slated for a December 2001 box office, but that release date was changed because of September 11th. DreamWorks had to cut and redo a pivotal action scene set in 2037. This pushed back the theatrical release from December 24th, 2001 to March 10th, 2002 for the reworking.

The excavation on the moon for "Lunar Leisure Living" has cause it to crack and shatter. The scene in the final film is somewhat similar to the pre-altered version; Hartdegen is handcuffed and is forcibly taken by soldiers to their Hummer for a shelter. Unlike the film, moon fragments are impacting Earth - one of them hits a skyscraper causing it to collapse. As the building falls, the soldiers run for safety, Alexander jumps back into his contraption and time jumps. Events follow the same course. This happened on August 8th, 2037.

Within the exclusive, "Read The Screenplay" there is no mention of the meteor shower, Instead it reads:
Quote:
Then another tremor - the most violet yet - like a shock wave nearing them -- building --

The earth begins to shake and quake and undulate violently - as if gravity itself is rebelling.
Whole portions of the presented screenplay has areas which simplify read - "OMIT". This script appears to be post 9-11.

By the way, the screenplay reflects the positive Eloi future, but they were not ground base, they have a floating city. The gear read-out reads July 11th - 63,542,781,045.

- - -

In early 2004 there was a report that the film's executive producer, Arnold Leibovit and Warner Bros. were working towards a sequel - a mini-series. The character, Dr. Alexander Hartdegen would face a new peril. No word if Guy Pearce would've reprise his role or even what venue for broadcast (network or cable). It obviously didn't get made, but I would like to know what it was about.

- - - - - - - - - -

Just Because.

Production artwork for the temporal apparatus. And a screen snap of actress Myndy Crist - "Jogger" from 2030 (she's pretty). Don't know - in the store window behind them; is that a blue mirco mini-skirt or booty shorts? Either way I approve. *nods*

Last edited by JohnIan; 03-30-2014 at 02:55 AM..
Old 09-08-2011, 01:53 PM
no box set for the Office at Best Buy? disappointing, i have all the previous ones and was hoping season 7 would also get that kind of exclusive... now i dont even want it
Old 09-09-2011, 04:28 AM
Pardon?

Shouldn't you purchase the stuff you enjoy?

Even though there is no exclusives, I would still buy the title regardless.

I'm not a fan of the series, but if you enjoyed the show - then why not buy?

- - -

I am a collector and for the most part I buy a particular series/franchise, I will want to complete it. There are exceptions, obviously.

"Return Of The Living Dead"... one through three are entertaining (I'm one of the few who really enjoyed 'Part II'), but it ends there. The rest of the film series is... just awful and shouldn't bare the name.

"Tremors" - I own one through three. I couldn't stand part four will not be adding that to my library. EVER. As for the TV show? Never seen it, don't know.

Anyhow. Just because season seven is a basic release, doesn't mean it won't entertain you.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Bought my Blu-ray X-Men First Class from Best Buy and they are offering exclusive "extra content" of 2 bonus features (25 minutes of stuff) available through CinemaNow.com.

https://www.cinemanow.com

There's an offer code to plug in to get it free. I did it and set up an account but haven't watched the footage yet.

First Class = Target is offering all three together for one price (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy)
Old 09-09-2011, 11:45 PM
I hope this doesn't become a trend. Best Buy also had an additional exclusive for "Despicable Me" through CinemaNow.

They are trying so hard to break in on the VOD market.

I'm old school. I prefer to own it, a real physical copy, not a concept.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:16 AM
Target - September 13th, 2011

Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Exclusive, eight lithograph set with Blu-Ray $79.99 (available September 16th, Friday)

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Fourth Season
Exclusive bonus disc $27.99

Supernatural: Season Six
Exclusive bonus disc $37.99

Glee: Season 2
Exclusive bonus disc $36.99

- - - - - - - - - -

Grey's Anatomy: Season 7 $34.99
Glee: Season 2, Volume 2 $24.99
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia: Season 6 $14.99

- - - - - - - - - -

$9.99 CD

"Bush - The Sea Of Memories - Deluxe" six exclusive bonus tracks

$17.99 CD

"Lady Antebellum - Own The Night" with exclusive tee shirt

I'm going to try to pick up S4 of "The Big Bang Theory", stupid car. I'll pick up Thor ($17.99 DVD) in a few weeks, I'm certain it will hit thirteen bucks in a couple of months or sooner.

As for "Star Wars" - I'm so tired of this massive revisionist mentality. My collection is 1,477 titles, NONE of them are "Star Wars". He's the secret why this franchise is so much more popular than "Star Trek". Lucas re-re-re-releases the movies every few years, all of them, for a low price. Trek's problem is that all the season sets are way over priced. The TV show "Firefly" gained many new fans from home video; people lending their family and friends the DVDs, no big loss if it doesn't get returned. You can NOT say the same for "Star Trek" - too damn expensive to lend.

Last edited by JohnIan; 09-11-2011 at 05:19 AM..
Old 09-10-2011, 04:18 AM
Best Buy - September 13th, 2011

Citizen Kane: 70th Anniversary Edition
Exclusive Blu-Ray; stand alone movie in book packaging, minus limited edition physical extras $29.99

Thor
Exclusive Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Combo packaging; featuring the 1st image of Thor in comics from 1962 $22.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Fourth Season
Exclusive t-shirt $32.99

Supernatural: Season Six
Exclusive t-shirt $39.99

Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Exclusive t-shirt with Blu-Ray $89.99 (available September 16th, Friday)

- - - - - - - - - -

Iron Man (single disc version) $4.99

Iron Man 2 (single disc version) $9.99

Barbie Princess Charm School $11.99

- - - - - - - - - -

$17.99 DVDs

Thor
X-Men: First Class

- - - - - - - - - -

Spend $50.00 or more on TV DVDs and/or Blu-Rays and receive a $10.00 gift card (must be on the same receipt)

- - - - - - - - - -

Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena $19.99
The Big Bang Theory: Season 4 $29.99
Supernatural: Season Six $36.99
Grey's Anatomy: Season 7 $32.99
Camelot: Season 1 $29.99
Rescue Me: Season 6 $19.99
NCIS: Season 8 $39.99
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia: Season 6 $19.99
Glee: Season 2 $34.99
Glee: Season 1 $29.99
Spartacus: Blood & Sand $29.99
The Big Bang Theory: Seasons 1 - 3 $14.99 (each)
Supernatural: Seasons 1 - 5 $18.99 (each)
Grey's Anatomy: Seasons 5 or 6 $24.99 (each)
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia: Seasons 1 - 5 $19.99 (each)
Rescue Me: Seasons 1 - 5 $12.99 (each)
NCIS: Seasons 1 - 7 $19.99 (each)
Nikita: Season 1 $39.99
House, M.D.: Season 7 $36.99
House, M.D.: Seasons 1 - 6 $19.99 (each)
The Walking Dead: Season 1 $14.99

- - - - - - - - - -

$9.99 CD

"Alice Cooper - Welcome 2 My Nightmare" with 4 exclusive bonus tracks

- - - - - - - - - -

$19.99 CD

"Bush - The Sea Of Memories" with exclusive tee shirt

Nothing for me this week.

Not listed are "Monsters vs. Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins From Outer Space" which will sell for $12.99 and "Scared Shrekless" for $9.99. Some good prices on them. But wait... on September 27th both will be bundled together for $14.99. Wal-Mart might carry this for $12.99 - might. Either way it's a cheaper deal at the end of this month. *wink*

Last edited by JohnIan; 09-11-2011 at 05:18 AM..
Old 09-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnIan View Post
Pardon?

Shouldn't you purchase the stuff you enjoy?

Even though there is no exclusives, I would still buy the title regardless.

I'm not a fan of the series, but if you enjoyed the show - then why not buy?

i want extra incentive to buy movies these days. I'm a completist though, so ill wait a few months and get it "like new" from amazon for half the price.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:17 AM
Quote:
i want extra incentive to buy movies these days. I'm a completist though, so ill wait a few months and get it "like new" from amazon for half the price.
*nods*
Old 09-15-2011, 06:04 AM
Target - September 20th, 2011

Brides Maids: Unrated
Exclusive Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Download; download a party kit and lip gloss (real) set $22.99

Dumbo: 70th Anniversay Edition
Exclusive Blu-Ray/DVD combo set with activity Book $22.99

- - - - - - - - - - -

Modern Family: Season 2 $29.99
Mike & Molly: Season 1 $29.99
Castle: Season 3 $32.99 ($5.00 gift card with purchase of "Heat Rises" by Richard Castle hardcover; must be on the same receipt)
The Kennedys: Mini-Series $16.99
The Office: Season 7 $34.99

It's a bland-ass week. My wallet stays close... that is until next week. Damn you, "Ben-Hur".
Old 09-15-2011, 06:06 AM
Best Buy - September 20th, 2011

Dumbo: 70th Anniversay Edition
Exclusive push Dumbo with Blu-Ray/DVD combo set $22.99

Hawaii Five-O: Season 1
Exclusive Blu-Ray release $44.99

The Lion King: Blu-Ray/DVD combo
Exclusive collectible case with pre-order

- - - - - - - - - - -

$4.99 DVDs

Forgetting Sarah Marshall: Unrated
Leap Year
Couples Retreat
Knocked Up: Unrated
Role Models: Unrated
40 Year Old Virgin: Unrated

- - - - - - - - - - -

Thor $17.99

- - - - - - - - - - -

$10.00 gift card with $50.00 or more purchases of TV titles; DVD and or Blu-Ray

Castle: Season 3 $34.99
The Mentalist: Season 3 $38.99
Hawaii Five-O: Season 1 $37.99
Body Of Proof: Season 1 $19.99
Modern Family: Season 1 $19.99
Castle: Seasons 1 or 2 $19.99 (each)
The Mentalist: Season 1 or 2 $18.99 (each)
The Big Bang Theory: Seasons 1 - 3 $18.99 (each)
Desperate Housewives: Season 7 $34.99
Mad Men: Season 1 - 4 $9.99 (each)
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia: Seasons 1 - 6 $19.99 (each)
Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena $24.99
The Office: Seasons 1 - 6 $14.99 (each)
Glee: Season 2 $34.99
Glee: Season 1 $29.99
Supernatural: Season 6 $39.99
Supernatural: Seasons 1 - 5 $18.99 (each)

I like the big selection of sale items, this is good and great for "Mad Men"; I already own the series. I suppose I'm gland there isn't an exclusive I want this week. Yeah.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:35 AM
Past Tense

This week we battle giant robots and flying villainy in "Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow"...

The motion picture opened on September 17th, 2004. It was made with a budget of $40,000,000 (estimated) and grossed over $37 million during its U.S. theatrical run. It made its money back with profits when including foreign box office. The film opened at number one, the following week it dropped to number two.

The feature opened against "Resident Evil: Apocalypse", "Napoleon Dynamite", "The Princess Diaries 2" and "Without A Paddle".

This release was case only, no slipcover issued, nor insert (booklet/chapter listing/advertisement).

- - -

Best Buy had a unique exclusive DVD for the motion picture. A promotional disc heralding the yet to be release (theatrical) feature film. This was only the second time the store had this type of promo (a somewhat common occurrence now), the first was for "Hellboy", March of 2004 (should note, that was the first by ANY store). The exclusive came in a printed cardboard sleeve. The run time is 13:17 minutes, not including the game (computer based; Mac & PC). This promo was made available on the week of September 5th, 2004 with any media purchase. I do recall getting this without having to buy anything, free.

The flap of the cardboard sleeve is a $5.00 off coupon (expired December 24th, 2004) for "Paycheck", "The Talented Mr. Ripley", "Laura Croft: Tomb Raider", "Laura Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle Of Life", "Escape From L.A.", "Mission: Impossible", "Mission: Impossible 2", "The Sum Of All Fears", "Ghost In The Darkness" and "The Saint" (remake) DVDs.

Okay, sure. On release day, January 25th, 2005; Best Buy had an exclusive - if you can call it that; two free music downloads (Napster, remember them?). The set *cough* sold for $16.99. I did not buy it here. Fifty copies per store had the offer.

- - -

Wal-Mart had their own on that street (date), a bonus disc. This set sold for $14.97. The DVD came in a CD envelope inside the case. And unlike later store exclusives, this was available for both Widescreen and Full Screen (later bonuses in the mid '00 only accompanied Full Screen copies). The run time on this disc is 12:40 minutes. I have my "Sky Captain" collection housed in a three disc case with the Best Buy sleeve.

- - - - - - - - - -

Footnote.

The film disc has an easter egg, "Secret Behind The Scenes Look At The Animation Department" short.

Special Features -> More -> highlight "The Original Six Minute Short", press left; highlight "Extra" - ENTER.

Last edited by JohnIan; 04-06-2014 at 02:34 PM..
Old 09-21-2011, 01:17 AM
Wal-Mart - September 16th, 2011

"Star Wars: The Padawan Menace" DVD/Blu-Ray combo with exclusive minifig, Young Han Solo.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:47 AM
Past Tense

The showcase this week is the exclusives for that classy feature film, "Crank"...

The motion picture opened on September 1st, 2006. It was made with a budget of $12,000,000 (estimated) and grossed over $27 million during its U.S. theatrical run. The film opened at number two, the following week it dropped to number four.

The feature opened against "Little Miss Sunshine", "The Wicker Man" (remake), "The Illusionist" and "Talladega Nights: The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby".

This release originally came with a cardboard foil slipcover which mirrored the case's wraparound. No insert(s) were issued.

- - -

I didn't buy this. It was a pretty weak exclusive. So, I don't have an image for it. Sorry. But I did find one online from fellow enthusiast, Scott1598. Circuit City sold the title with a pen on January 9th, 2007. An amber syringe pen, that read "Crank". This set (the pen came inside the case) sold for $14.99. Imagine one of those red syringe pens you find around Halloween. They're cute, I guess. But they're so cheaply manufactured that they cease to write after a couple of weeks (not to mention the fluid inside drys up after a few months). The only one I have wasn't an exclusive, but from "H.P. Lovecraft’s Re-Animator: Anchor Bay Collection". The first pressing arrived with a fluorescent green syringe pen. This came in a box, the pen was held inside. You can see it through a window, kinda cool. Haven't taken it out, so I don't know if it can still write - probably not.

- - -

Best Buy sold the movie with a bonus disc. This extra DVD didn't come in a cardboard sleeve nor CD envelope, but inside the case (a two discer). It has a run time of 25:17 minutes. This streeted on the same date for $16.99. The interviews were entertaining, funny and probably the better of the two bought exclusives.

- - -

The last bonus came from FYE slash Suncoast (both owned by Trans-World Entertainment) - also same date for $19.99. This too was a disc, an excerpt from Comic-Con 2006, San Diego. It runs for 11:20 minutes, very short. But it does come with an introduction by directors Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor. I bought my copy from Suncoast; inside my local mall. It's no longer there, replaced by a clothing store.

To be honest, I'm surprised the store lasted as long as it did. Everything was way overpriced. But damn, it had a massive selection. I remember buying a few laser discs there, back in the day, that's where I picked up "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea: Disney's Exclusive Archive Collection". The Las Vegas store, 1993. Man, that LD still has stuff that never carried over to DVD. Okay, done. The extra DVD as with Best Buy's came inside a double disc case. Ended up selling my second film copy on Ebay, lost money, but not that much. As it stands, my "Crank" set is inside a three disc case.

Last edited by JohnIan; 11-25-2013 at 03:29 AM..
Old 09-23-2011, 03:31 AM
Target - September 27th, 2011

-NONE-

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$7.00 DVDs

The Ugly Truth
The Bourne Idenity
Harry Potter And The Half Moon Prince (single disc version)
Dirty Dancing: Ultimate Edition

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$10.00 DVDs

Jillian Michaels' Killer Buns & Thighs
Leslie Sanson's Walk The Pounds Away
Rodney Yee's Yoga for Beginners

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$15.00 DVDs

Disney's The Princess And The Frog
Disney's Beauty And The Beast
Disney's Bambi
Gnomeo & Juliet

- - - - - - - - - - - -

How I Met Your Mother: Season 6 $24.99
Army Wives: Season 5 $24.99

No listing for "Ben-Hur: 50th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition" DVD box. Grand.

Okay. Should you want it, "Transformers: Dark Of The Moon" will be $16.00. As I understand this is bare bones. A much better version is in the works. I'll wait for that.

I'm gonna get flack for this. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley isn't that attractive. She decent, but not hot. It sucks that Megan Fox was replaced, but Bay could've gotten a better gal. She just doesn't do it for me.

Last edited by JohnIan; 09-23-2011 at 03:39 AM..
Old 09-23-2011, 03:37 AM
Best Buy - September 27th, 2011

Transformers: Dark Of The Moon
Exclusive DVD/Blu-Ray/Digital Copy combo set with limited edition packaging $17.99

Ben-Hur: 50th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition
Exclusive Roman Soldier Figurine - Blu-Ray only $59.99

Nirvana: Live At The Paramount
Exclusive Blu-Ray $19.99

Archer: The Complete Season One
Exclusive Blu-Ray $14.99

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$6.99 DVDs

Transformers (single disc version)
Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen (single disc version)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$9.99 DVD

Jeff Dunham: Controlled Chaos

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Any 3 DVDs below for the price of two - $29.98 (must be on the same receipt - can be Blu-Ray)

The Next Three Days
Black Swan
Inglourious Basterds
The Expendables
The King's Speech
127 Hours
The Lincoln Lawyer
Limitless
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
The Twilight Saga: New Moon
Twilight
Unstoppable

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Hung: Season 2 $24.99
The Cleveland Show: Season 2 $29.99
Archer: Season 1 $9.99
Community: Season 2 $19.99
Castle: Season 3 $36.99
The Vampire Diaries: Season 2 $34.99
Rescue Me: Season 6 $19.99

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$109.99 CD/DVD set

"Nirvana - Nevermind 20th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition" exclusive store release

Found out that "Holly's World: The Complete Seasons 1 & 2" will be $24.99 - a savings of four dollars, ninety-eight cents. That's sucks.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:42 AM
Past Tense

This week we get swooned by "The Girl Next Door"...

The motion picture opened on April 9th, 2004. It was made with a budget of $25,000,000 (estimated) and grossed over $14.5 million during its U.S. theatrical run. It made its money back with minor profits when including foreign receipts. The film opened at number ten, the following week it dropped to number fourteen. So, it kinda tanked.

The feature opened against "The Passion Of The Christ", "Hellboy", "The Alamo" (remake) and "Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed".

This release originally came with a unique partial slipcover (I have yet to see it again on another title). It was used to conceal the cover girl's torso (Elisha Cuthbert), giving the illusion she's nude. Later pressings exclude that partial. The release also came with an insert, chapter listing/bonus features index.

- - -

Best Buy was the first to offer an exclusive, a bonus disc (36:33 minutes). This set streeted on August 24th, 2004 and sold for $14.99. The bonus disc came in a printed cardboard sleeve (which can fit inside the case) - this was not attached to the case, but at a nearby cardboard rack. There is no screen shot since the program just plays. The extra DVD also includes an advertisement for "Maxim Presents The Real Swimsuit DVD: Vol. 1". The price tag for the bonus, alone, if you could find it (sold out quickly) was $0.01. My set is now inside a two disc case.

Bonus disc; the program is a bikini spotlight (interviews and photo shoots), centered on five contestants from Maxim magazine's "Girl Next Door" contest, hosted by Jennifer Lothrop. None of the stars from the feature appear on the exclusive. Why is this included with the movie? A slim connection; the film's star, Elisha Cuthbert was on the cover (and photo spread) of Maxim's March 2004 (75th) issue which included the announcement - the winner of the "Hometown Hotties" competition (participant Christina Dare won). And both the contest and film share the same name.

It appears that the exclusive is the final episode of a limited run series on the FX channel, "Girl Next Door". The show ran for one season, eleven episodes in 2004 (not on DVD). This could mean, the exclusive aired on March 13th, 2004.

- - -

There was a second, short term exclusive from Wal-Mart in 2007, a lenticular slipcover which reproduced the concept of the original '04 partial. This sold for $9.99 and can now be purchased on Amazon. It is common for Wal-Mart re-release DVDs with new slipcover (such as "28 Days Later", "Stardust" and "Wrong Turn" to name a few), a chance to trick people into buying something that was already released. I'm anal, so yes, I own this. I replaced the mini slip with the lenticular, looks cool.

- - - - - - - - - -

Footnotes.

This film gained some controversy before its release - not from conservative groups, but from the blue cinema industry. XXX journalist and screenwriter (yes, they have scripts), Gene Ross (formerly of AVN - adult trade publication) was seriously thinking about suing Regency pictures over the movie.

Why???

Ross was convinced it was copyright infringement. He believed the studio stole his idea. Yeah... I'm dead serious.

Penned and produced in 1994 were the shot on video features, "The Girl Next Door" and its sequel "The Girl Next Door 2", both directed by Mitch Spinelli for Video Team. The two XXX VHS cassettes (now on DVD), starred Lexus Locklear (retired).

Frank Meyer, AVN Online (Associate Editor) interview with Ross...
Quote:
It's the same title. It's about the same identical subject matter. They can argue coincidence, but it can also be argued that it's more than that. Mainstream has attacked porn in the courts for ripping off ideas. Maybe it's their turn to squirm.

(Locklear - left, Cuthbert - right)

Ross also added that star of the Hollywood film (Cuthbert) has a strong resemblance to his video star, Locklear. He IS correct, both women could be sisters, a decade apart. But that's a weak argument for copyright violation.

The plot for the first installment is about a girl who moves in next door only to be discovered by her neighbor that she's a porn star. Cue-in wakka chikka wakka chikka music. Similar yarns? Sure. But the second video ditches continuity for an entirely different story involving mobsters. In the end, Ross declined to file suit. If he had, his case would've been the very first of its kind. The usual is Hollywood suing over XXX movie titles, sounding too much like the real deal.

- - -

The Locklear photo I wanted to use was very different; sweet/wholesome. But I couldn't find any Cuthbert pictures that were comparable (body pose and hair style), so I went with sexy.

I had to dig up my old issues of AVN (Adult Video News) for those above pixs, full page ads. What I found online was of such low quality, that I had to scan those pages. These came from the December 1994 and January 1995 issues. Should you be curious; both videos scored AAA 1/2 out of five.

Back to the 'what if' lawsuit. You may think that his claim is pure BS, but let me remind you of James Cameron's The Terminator. Cameron was sued by science fiction writer Harlan Ellison. Why? He believed that Cameron stole the concept for the film from an episode of the original The Outer Limits (which he wrote), "Soldier" (September 19th, 1964). Ellison's suit also cited pirated elements from another The Outer Limits episode, "Demon With A Glass Hand" (October 17th, 1964). And the classic Star Trek episode, "The City On The Edge Of Forever" (April 6th, 1967).

A run down for those who do not know. SHAME ON YOU!

"Soldier": A random convergence of events transport a trooper (Michael Ansara) in combat from Earth's distant future into the then present. The man is armed with a lethal ray weapon and an exaggerated instinct to kill. Caught after a disturbance, he is taken into custody for examination. Linguistics expert, Tom Kagan (Lloyd Nolan) gradually learns that this man is quite literally the perfect soldier, breed and taught for one purpose only - destroy the enemy. Kagan befriends the man hoping to learn more and arranges for the soldier's transport to his home. The taming of the savage beast appears to be working until it is discovered that this soldier was not alone, the Enemy (Alan Jeffe) is here as well

"Demon With A Glass Hand": A man from the 30th century (Robert Culp) journeys to the mid 20th through a time-mirror. He is pursued into the past by the Kyben, an alien race which conquered Earth - in a would be war. The aliens are desperately trying to capture the last homo sapien, to learn where the entire population of Earth disappeared to, on the eve of their invasion. The survivor is also trying to uncover what happened to his people and identity, his only assistance comes from from his incomplete left hand, a segmented computer, housed in glass. When fully assembled it will reveal a great truth.

As for "The City On The Edge Of Forever" (you should know this), Ellison alleged that the scene where Dr. McCoy (Deforest Kelley) time travels back to early 20th century Earth is remarkably like the scene in The Terminator where Kyle Reese (Michael Biehn) first appears from the future, down to the same dark, back alley with a disheveled bum on a doorway.

In the end Cameron's camp decided to settle out of court for $72,500. In addition to the reparation against his claim, Ellison demanded his name be on the end credits of all existing and future prints of the film. He got it.
Quote:
The producers wish to acknowledge the works of Harlan Ellison.
So, Ross' claim isn't all that improbable. Nowadays nobody really gives a crap. So much of what's being made is derivative; fragments, concepts and/or imagery. It has to be such a blatant rip-off to get attention. Also to note, Ellison made a litigious reputation for himself. He wrote many of the original notions that have become the foundations of sci-fi cinema and television. And sued everyone he thought used his ideas without consent.

- - -

The film disc has an easter egg, "Parent To Child About Sex", vintage educational short (1966).

Side B -> Special Features -> highlight "Gag Reel", press right; highlight "XXX" - ENTER.

Quote:
When a boy grows up and is ready to be a father, he is able to put his penis into the vagina [mimics action with fingers]; that special opening mother's have - and when he does this, he can plant the seed that starts a baby to grow.
I see, sometimes his seed ends up on a woman's belly or her bosom, her rear or occasionally her mouth. When this happens, the man and woman can expect a lesser probability of a baby growing. These actions are shunned by the community and women who engage in such activities are considered 'sluts' and or 'whores'. Though these behaviors increases a woman's popularity among less than reputable men... and women.

Vagina!

- - - - - - - - - -

Just Because.

Above are the DVD covers from Japan and United Kingdom. I much prefer the Japanese image to the U.S. wraparound. I can see this working. You could have a clear plastic slipcover with the film slate printed on it - remove it and see Elisha Cuthbert in a bikini or tube top. I would buy that.

Last edited by JohnIan; 09-10-2013 at 05:00 AM..
Old 09-30-2011, 11:28 PM
Target - October 4th, 2011

The Lion King: Diamond Edition
Exclusive Blu-Ray 3D/Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy set with original soundtrack $29.99

- - - - - - - - - -

$7.99 DVDs

Transformers (single disc version)
The Dark Knight (single disc version)
G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra (single disc version)

- - - - - - - - - -

$9.99 DVDs

Iron Man 2 (single disc version)
Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen (single disc version)

- - - - - - - - - -

$16.99 DVDs

Transformers: Dark Of The Moon
Thor

- - - - - - - - - -

Planet Earth: Special Edition $39.99

- - - - - - - - - -

$12.99 CD

"Scotty McGreery - Clear As Day" with free $5.00 gift card

Pass. Nothing for me this week. There you go.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:29 PM
Best Buy - October 4th, 2011

The Walking Dead: Season One re-release
Exclusive limited edition collector's box - Blu-Ray only $54.99

Fast Five
Exclusive steelbook case for Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo $19.99

The Lion King: Diamond Edition
Exclusive lunch box - Blu-Ray only $34.99

- - - - - - - - - - -

- Buy "Fast Five" DVD or Blu-Ray - purchase any below DVDs for $4.99 (each)

The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

- - - - - - - - - - -

- Any 3 DVDs for the price of two, $29.98 (must be on the same receipt)

Pineapple Express
Step Brothers
Superbad
Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland
Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules
Win Win
Saw: The Final Chapter
The Last Exorcism
Winter's Bone
The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader
For Colored Girls
Love & Other Drugs

- - - - - - - - - - -

- Save $10.00 when you purchase both below on the same receipt
The League: Season 2 $14.99
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia: Season 6 $19.99

The Rolling Stones: Ed Sullivan Shows $12.99
Friday Night Lights: The Complete Series $84.99
Archer: Season 1 $9.99
Louie: Season 1 $14.99 (DVD/Blu-Ray combo)

- - - - - - - - - - -

$9.99 CDs

"Styles P: Master Of Ceremonies - Deluxe" with 3 exclusive bonus tracks
"Jack's Mannequin: People And Things" with 3 exclusive bonus tracks
"George Benson: Guitar Man" with 3 exclusive bonus tracks

Squat for me this week. I may pick up "Scream 4" ($15.99), but I'll wait until it hits ten bucks or less. Which will happen in a few weeks. Okay. Looked at their website. The re-release of "The Walking Dead" season one (with more special features); it reads $29.99. I want that, but I'll see what prices Target and Wal-Mart will have before I decide.

Last edited by JohnIan; 10-02-2011 at 04:23 AM..
Old 10-01-2011, 03:02 AM
Wal-Mart September 27th, 2011

Ben-Hur: Fiftieth Anniversary DVD set (some stores $10.00)
Exclusive wraparound.

- Wal-Mart is selling it without a slipcover; it has a different wraparound than the regular edition (which mirrors its slipcover).

The normal image is Juda in the chariot, racing in the colosseum.

Wal-Mart's image is Juda standing (in his racing outfit), looking above right - as if looking at the text "William Wyler's Presentation Of...". In the background is the cover image from regular edition.

I have both, what can I say? I'm anal.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Past Tense

Since were are in the Halloween season (my favorite), this month I'll showcase various themed collectibles. *smile* Week one of 'L.E. Horror' (Limited Edition) kicks off with the exclusive that came with "Tim Burton's Corpse Bride"...

The motion picture opened on September 23rd, 2005. It was made with a budget of $40,000,000 (estimated) and grossed over $53 million during its U.S. theatrical run. The film opened number twenty-three at the box office, the following week it rose to number two.

The feature opened against "Just Like Heaven", "Transporter 2", "March Of The Penguins" and "The 40-Year-Old Virgin".

The regular release was case only - no slipcover issued, nor insert(s).

- - -

There was only one store which had an exclusive, Wal-Mart. The department store offered a thicker than normal lenticular slipcover that not only accommodated the DVD (widecreen or full screen editions), but also a small, softcover book (96 pages from New Market Press), "Tim Burton's Corpse Bride: The Illustrated Story". As far as I can tell, this was a complete item, not part of a bigger compendium. It retold the story through text and stills. This collectible was sold on January 31st, 2005 for $18.99.

- - - - - - - - - -

Tangent.

This is a tale that would make an excellent addition to the Tim Burton stop-motion film series...

Published in 1991 from Signet Books (now known as Penguin Books) was a 256 page paperback, a murder mystery anthology (ten thrillers) called "Murder At Christmas And Other Stories". A holiday themed collection edited by Cynthia Manson.

One of these fictions is titled "Death In The Christmas Hour" by James Powell. Some back story. During the 1990s I listened to the radio far more than I do now. There were shows I would hunkered down to; one of them was a science fiction and fantasy magazine program called "Mike Hodel's Hour 25" then hosted by Warren James.

Some perspective, this was before internet for me. If you wanted to know movie news, fandom stuff you had publications like "Starlog", "Cinescape", "Femme Fatales" (magazine died in 2008, but will be relaunched next year, allegedly) and "Imagi-Movies" (remember that?). Of course, "Fangoria" and "Cinefantastique" to name just a few. The radio show was an excellent add-on for my fanboy cravings.

Distance makes it fuzzy, but this could've happened in 1997 or 1998, the program's Christmas show. For that broadcast, Warren James read the Powell short. The man had the voice. I still remember that broadcast after all these years. Sorry, each Christmas they read various sci-fi/fantasy themed shorts.

The story...

Every Christmas at midnight, toys come alive for just one hour. They get drunk, party and/or reminisce. This Christmas Hour we follow the toys in a department store which haven't sold. One of them is a Sherlock Holmes action figure... you know where we're going with this. He is helped out of his dusty old box (the figure was put away in storage and became long forgotten) by a teddy bear - his new Dr. Watson. One of the toys is killed, the motive may have been a discovered affair. The body was discarded downstairs where toy crocodiles ate the corpse. One clue leads to another. The mystery comes to a climax - a chase. Holmes pursues the culprit up the store's Christmas tree, some of the ornaments are alive and try to stop the fleeing killer.

It ends with our villain reaching the summit where an angel ornament sits attached. He untethers and threatens to killer her (knife, I believe) if she doesn't take off - an aerial getaway. During this chase the clock tics down, we're coming to the end of the hour. The wrongdoer falls to his death in the struggle with Holmes; both hanging for dear life on the flying angel. The tale ends the following day with both the bear and Holmes bought by a family giving a late Christmas gift. It was an awesome story, it frackin' rocked!!! SCREAMS to be made by Tim Burton.

You may think this is kinda like "Toy Story", but that movie came out in 1995. *nods* In 2000, "Hour 25" left the airwaves of KPFK (90.7 FM; Southern California) and became an internet show, podcast. While doing research, it appears that the program died on January 30th, 2011. No new shows listed. Too bad, I had fond memories of that series.

I need to buy that book.

Last edited by JohnIan; 09-10-2013 at 05:16 AM..
Old 10-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Target - October 11th, 2011

-NONE-

- - - - - - - - - -

Bones: Season 6 $36.99
Chuck: Season 4 $36.99
Bones: Season 4 $16.99
Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena $19.99
Parks And Recreation: Season 3 $24.99
Sons Of Anarchy: Season 3 $29.99
The Vampire Diaries: Season 2 $29.99
House M.D.: Season 7 $29.99

Man, this is weak ass week. NO. This sucks balls and goes in for seconds. What the hell? It's the Halloween season, there should be a ton of horror and sci-fi movies on sale.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:01 AM
Best Buy - October 11th, 2011

Green Lantern (available 10/14/11)
Exclusive steelbook case - Blu-Ray Only $22.99

Taylor Swift: Journey To Fearless
Exclusive Blu-Ray release $16.99

The Walking Dead: Season One re-release
Exclusive packaging and zombie mask $29.99

Despicable Me
Exclusive vampire minon $14.99
OR
With any purchase below...
E.T. $9.99
Alvin And The Chipmunks' Scare-Riffic Double Feature $5.00
9 $12.99

- - - - - - - - - -

$14.99 DVD

- - - - - - - - - -

Save $10.00 when you purchase Bones: Season 6 with any previous season
Bones: Season 6 $39.99

Chuck: Season 4 $37.99
Glee: Season 2 $39.99
Criminal Minds: Season 6 $34.99
Body Of Proof: Season 1 $19.99

Save $15.00 when both are purchased together...
Sons of Anarchy: Season 3 $39.99
The Walking Dead: Season 1 $29.99

- - - - - - - - - -

$9.99 CD

"DJ Drama: Third Power" with three exclusive bonus tracks

- - - - - - - - - -

$24.99 CD

"Five Finger Death Punch: American Capitalist" exclusive deluxe CD with t-shirt

This is pissing me off. Offering exclusives for stuff that has already been released. I already own "Despicable Me" and this past Tuesday I picked up re-release of "The Walking Dead". NOW your telling me that the exclusive packaging that was only available on Blu-Ray last week is now for DVD? C'mon, dude, you're being an ass. How many people like myself bought the season set. It's a slap in the face is what it is. Unless this is only for Blu-Ray... again. Anyhow, I'll see if I can purchase that plush minon by itself.

Last edited by JohnIan; 10-09-2011 at 05:18 AM..
Old 10-13-2011, 07:48 AM
Past Tense

Week two of "L.E. Horror" brings us the often trashed feature "Van Helsing"...

The motion picture opened on May 7th, 2004. It was made with a budget of $160,000,000 (estimated) and grossed over $120 million during its U.S. theatrical run. It made its money back with profits when including foreign receipts (over $300 million total). The film opened number one at the box office, the following week it dropped to number two.

The feature opened against "Mean Girls", Kill Bill Vol. 2", "13 Going On 30" and "Man On Fire".

This release originally came with an embossed cardboard foil slipcover which mirrored the case's wraparound - the single disc release.

- - -

Best Buy had the only exclusive, a bonus disc. This set streeted on October 19th, 2004 for $15.99 (eighty copies per store). The bonus came in a CD envelope inside the case. As mentioned in a previous Past Tense, I began buying/collecting DVDs in November of 2003. I was still a newbie at this game at the time. When this came out I passed on it. Why?

There were three editions; widescreen or full screen presentations, single disc releases. And the "Ultimate Collectors Edition", a three disc set. Two discs for the movie, the third, a double sided DVD which held the original classics to "Dracula" (1931), "Frankenstein" (1931) and "The Wolf Man" (1941). All three films (remastered) came with commentaries (from their "Legacy Collection" releases). "Dracula" came with the previously available documentary and a poster gallery.

I had mistakenly believed the "Ultimate" edition had all the extras, no need to buy that single disc release (with exclusive). Well, I was wrong and I wouldn't learn about my error until years later. Just this year I was finally able to complete my set, found a seller on Ebay who was selling the movie with the bonus. I now have mine slipped in the "Ultimate" set.

The exclusive has a run time of 21:11 minutes, not including "306º Tour Of Frankenstein's Foyer" (the Best Buy ad erroneously list the run time as "over 40 minutes"). "The Art Of Van Helsing" a slideshow; galleries for Dracula, Frankenstein, Valkan Werewolf, The Brides, Van Helsing Wolf, Bats and Mr. Hyde.

There was a second offer, Target had a special; purchase the single disc version (full or widescreen) also for $15.99 and get a free 11.25 to 14 ounce bag of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Hershey’s chocolate, or Kit Kat bars. It came from an attached coupon on the case.

- - - - - - - - - -

Footnotes.

The film was re-released; the first two discs from the "Ultimate Collectors Edition" on July 8th, 2008. This "Collector's Edition" originally came with a theater voucher to see "The Mummy 3: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor". I also bought this re-release. Why? The nubs on the box set are a pain, the DVDs are hard to remove - increases the risk of scratching. I bought this to freely watch the movie and extras without worry.

- - -

Not enough know, but there was a direct to video prequel, an animated short - "Van Helsing: The London Assignment". It featured Hugh Jackman, David Wenham, Robbie Coltrane and Alun Armstrong reprising their roles, voices. It's run time is half an hour.

- - -

There was at one point, a short time - a proposal for a spin-off television series. The show was for NBC and would've been called "Transylvania". A cowboy sheriff from America comes to Europe and encounters monsters and the supernatural. Hugh Jackman would reprise his role of Gabriel Van Helsing for guest appearances. The producers came up with the idea because of the various sets which were built; detailed, not simple fronts, but huge three dimensional structures. The project fell apart soon after the film's release; the weekend box office was not as high as Universal expected (killed the proposed sequel) and the math didn't add up: the price of make-up, special effects and shooting in Romania turned out to be cost prohibited. How much pre-production was done? Don't know, but I would love to see that artwork.

This wasn't the first time NBC was looking at the concept. In 1997 the network had a pilot made called "The Van Helsing Chronicles". I know there was some problems and a re-shoot happened, but not much else. As you may have guessed, it never aired. It starred Dan Gauthier as Christian Van Helsing and Teri Polo as Helena Harker. The teleplay was written by Javier Grillo-Marxuach who would later go on to be a supervising producer on ABC's "Lost".

- - - - - - - - - -

Rant.

I don't get it. I don't understand the hate for this movie. I can recall so many people complaining about the CGI used. Really, the computer animation was made in 2003 and it still looks better than many films made today. Don't paint this worse than it is.

Just look at any the stuff coming from the SyFy Channel and tell me in a straight face that it still sucks... "Sharktopus" (2010) anyone? "Van Helsing" may not have been photorealistic, but damn near close. So what? It's a live-action cartoon when you think about it and that shouldn't be a negative.

This was one of the few films I went to the theater to in 2004. I loved it, still do. It was exactly what I wanted/expected, a fun ride.

When I think of the perfect popcorn movie, this comes to mind (among a few others); a bigger than life story, a great villain, hot girls, steampunk technology and a cool protagonist. What's not to like? Richard Roxburgh's Count Vladislaus Dracula kicked ass; he had fun being wicked.

That was another complaint, the technology - 'didn't exist back then'. What the frack? IT'S A MOVIE! *sigh*

But I guess I'm in the minority here, that's sad.

- - - - - - - - - -

Just Because.

Do you need to ask? Kate Beckinsale as Anna Valerious in her ballroom dress.

Last edited by JohnIan; 02-19-2014 at 11:48 PM..
Old 10-14-2011, 05:18 AM
Late Sure, But It Counts

Season one re-release of "The Walking Dead" at Best Buy; their exclusive packaging and zombie mask is only available for Blu-Ray.

Cleared up.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:20 AM
Target - October 18th, 2011

Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Exclusive Blu-Ray/DVD/3D Blu-Ray/Digital Copy combo set packaging with mini Lego Black Pearl kit $29.99

- - - - - - - - - -

It's Always Sunny In Pennsylvanian: Season 6 $19.99
Glee: Complete Season 2 $29.99
Modern Family: Season 2 $34.99

It's a poor selection this week. I'll skip, though I'll probably price match at Wal-Mart, "Batman: Year One"; Target as has the two disc set (DVD) for $17.99.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:25 AM
Best Buy - October 18th, 2011

Cars 2
Exclusive Blu-Ray pre-order steelbook case (price unknown)

Exclusive Blu-Ray/DVD/3D Blu-Ray/Digital Copy combo set with bonus (Blu-Ray) disc $26.99

Batman: Year One
Exclusive Blu-Ray/DVD combo with Catwoman figurine $22.99

The Original 7ven: Condensate
Exclusive CD/DVD set $9.99

- - - - - - - - - -

Teen Wolf/Teen Wolf Too (double feature) $4.99
The Garbage Pail Kids Movie $4.99
Thomas & Friends: Thomas' Halloween Adventures $4.99

- - - - - - - - - -

Gremlins: Special Edition $7.99
Hocus Pocus (with pumpkin kit) $7.99
Something Wicked This Way Comes (with pumpkin kit) $7.99

- - - - - - - - - -

It's The Great Pumpkin Charle Brown $9.99
Addams Family/Addams Family Values (double feature) $9.99
Ichabob & Mr. Toad (with pumpkin kit) $9.99
James And The Giant Peach (with pumpkin kit) $9.99

- - - - - - - - - -

Monster Vs. Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins From Outer Space/Scared Shrekless double pack $12.99

- - - - - - - - - -

Green Lantern $14.99

- - - - - - - - - -

Spooky Buddies $19.99

- - - - - - - - - -

Save $10.00 when bought together... (on the same receipt)
Camelot: Season 1 $29.99
Bones: Season 6 $39.99

V: Season 2 $31.99
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Season 3 $29.99
Fringe: Season 3 $34.99
House M.D.: Season 7 $34.99
Weeds: Season 6 $14.99
Mad Men: Season 1 $14.99
X-Files: Season 1 $14.99
Xena: Season 2 $14.99

- - - - - - - - - -

$11.99 CD

"Jane's Adiction: The Great Escape Artist - Deluxe Edition" with 11 exclusive live bonus tracks (two per store)

- - - - - - - - - -

$9.99 CD

"Lalah Hathaway: Where It All Begins" with 2 exclusive bonus tracks (two per store)

There is a bit of stuff I want this week. So I'm glad that the second season of "V" won't be on my list. I will pick it up, but not now. I'll wait until the price drops. Season one had an exclusive, steelbook case, season two is normal.

Last edited by JohnIan; 10-16-2011 at 09:09 AM..
Old 10-19-2011, 04:48 AM
Wal-Mart - available now...

Green Lantern
Exclusive green glowing, power ring

Exclusive tin bank; Blu-Ray/DVD combo only

Bad Teacher
Exclusive book DVD set, packed with "F In Exams" book
Old 10-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Past Tense - FD3 Part I

Week three of "L.E. Horror" brings the Reaper itself, "Final Destination 3"... a two parter!

The motion picture opened on February 10th, 2006. It was made with a budget of $34,000,000 (estimated) and grossed over $54 million during its U.S. theatrical run. The film opened number two at the box office, the following week it dropped to number five.

The feature opened against "Big Momma's House 2", "The Pink Panther" (remake), "Curious George" and "When A Stranger Calls" (remake).

This release originally came with a cardboard foil slipcover. The front cover mirrored the case's wraparound, but the rear was a different picture and an abbreviated list of bonus contents. It came with two double sided inserts. The first an ad for "Snakes On A Plane", the other side - advertisements for "Domino", "A History Of Violence", "Cyber Wars" and "Squeeze". The second was a web link for a survey on the DVD's "Choose Their Fate" feature. After answering questions you could win an exclusive FD3 t-shirt (up to 150 winners). The other side was the contest rules. This offer expired October 25th, 2006.

- - -

Nearly all the major stores had an exclusive for this horror film. I bought this movie three times over, sold the extra copies on Ebay. I believe I lost money on this endeavor. Such is the cries of fanboys. Oh well.

On release day, July 25th, 2006, Circuit City offered an exclusive mini, twenty-four page comic book which came inside the case. This set sold for $13.99. Unlike most exclusive comics, this was a fully self-contained tale, "Final Destination: Sacrifice". It told the story of an unnamed man on the bus, a ride from Harrisburg to Atlantic City. The driver has a heart attack and causes a pile-up, but not before crashing into the Delaware River, the remaining survivors drown. The man tries to warn the passengers before they board the bus, he fails. His next premonition is at work, a steel mill. An explosion causes a major fire; he is killed by molten steel. This time people listened and stayed away from the factory that day. Death comes from each; falling into a riding lawn mower, a pluged in radio dropping in a bath, broken ladder - falling onto a picket fence and hit by a train. Death follows the man until his ravings tears apart his family and friends. Living alone and destitute, he arranges to see his wife and kids - only to have another vision. Their meeting at a diner is cut short by an explosion, a man smoking a cigar next to the gas station. It ends with him deciding to save his loved ones and end his torment. He hangs himself. A very melancholy yarn. This comic was published by ZeneScope Entertainment.

That day Target offered an exclusive lenticular cover sheet (this was under the clear plastic of the case). This set was priced at $16.99 - as I recall this didn't come with a slipcover. The lenticular came with either the wide screen or full screen editions. I have mine inside the comic, inside the case.

The last exclusive was from Wal-Mart, a bonus disc (with case), packed side by side. As with Target, available on wide screen or full screen editions. This set sold for $22.99. The bonus disc has a runtime of 55:55 minutes (freaky). It's a good selection of featurettes and interviews.

- - - - - - - - - -

Rant.

When I saw this on home video (missed it at theaters) I wasn't too impressed with Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Wendy Christensen our heroine, suffering a Cassandra complex. She has certainly gown on me and has turned into quite the looker. *nods* A bit of trivia, Winstead auditioned for FD2. I can't imagine her there, that role was so right for actresss A.J. Cook. The movie (FD3) itself annoyed me... at first. It's different. In the previous installments, our prophet gets the surviving group to believe and help each other. This did not happen here, nobody believes her minus her friend Kevin Fischer (Ryan Merriman). In short everybody dies. Yeah, it's a spoiler, get over it. That was a nice twist.

Last edited by JohnIan; 09-10-2013 at 05:54 AM..
Old 10-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Past Tense - FD3 Part II

Footnotes.

There was another bonus disc, not a store exclusive, available to all retailers. I bought mine at Best Buy on release day for $14.99 (price varied from store to store).

Released three weeks before FD3 hit theaters was a three disc set, "Final Destination: Scared 2 Death Pack" on January 17th, 2006. This was merely a bundling of the first two movies (in their own cases) with a cardboard slipcover. Inside the cover was the extra DVD and a theater voucher to see FD3 for free ($10.50 value for one; the window was February 10th to March 10th, 2006). I never used mine, its still in there. What can I say? I'm a collector.

The bonus disc came in a printed cardboard sleeve. It should be noted, the re-release pack...

When "Final Destination" and "Final Destination 2" originally came out, both DVD cases had holographic foil wraparounds. It was only available on their first pressings. "Scared 2 Death Pack" has the later wraparounds, flat printings. I sold my extra copies and moved my first editions into that slipcover. The bonus disc has a runtime of 38:04 minutes. Since it will fall out of the slipcover. I have my extra disc (and sleeve) inside the Wal-Mart bonus case, now upgraded into a two disc case.

- - -

Say thank you. Say it.

A flow chart for "Choose Their Fate!"...

Coin Flip
Heads: Theatrical version. Tails: Wendy has her vision while in line not inside the coaster, the movie ends. Epilogue before end credits on the characters post-graduation.
73 or 76 Degrees
73 Degrees: Theatrical version. 76 Degrees: Both Ashley (Chelan Simmons) and Ashlyn (Crystal Lowe) still die in the tanning salon, but not by burning alive; electrocution.
Should Wendy Honk Again?
Yes: Kevin pulls Frankie (Sam Easton) out of the car at the last moment. No: Theatrical version.
Should Wendy Take Another Look?
Yes: Lewis (Texas Battle) dies immediately by the machine. No: Theatrical version.
Kill or Warning Shot?
Kill: Theatrical version. Warning Shot: Erin (Alexz Johnson) dies the same way, but different cause.
Was Frankie Worth Saving?
Yes: See a pervy video shot by Mr. Frankie Cheeks. No: Movie continues.
Jump Left or Jump Right
Jump Left: Theatrical version. Jump Right: Ian (Kris Lemche) still dies from the malfunctioning cherry picker, but more mercifully. Movie ends.
Map or No Map?
This option only is available depending on the last choice (Jump Left). Map: Alternate ending; Wendy does not having her final premonition. No Map: Theatrical version.
Get The Details?
This option only is available depending on the last choice (Map). Yes: Read the newspaper article on deaths Kimberly Corman (A.J. Cook) and Officer Thomas Burke (Michael Landes) from "Final Destination 2". No: Movie continues - alternate ending.

- - -

When FD3 came to home video; "Choose Their Fate" option didn't work on all DVD players - Toshiba brand machines had the worst errors, they would freeze up and jump. Sony machines don't have this problem.

- - - - - - - - - -

Tangent.

As you read above, there was an option to read the obituaries for the two surviving characters from FD2. I'm kinda bummed out that Kimberly and Thomas didn't become a couple. But I guess after the exploding barbecue death, they figured it was safer to stay apart. That article was nice. A great nod to the events of the previous film.

By the way, Kimberly and Officer Burke were suppose to have cameo at the end of "Final Destination 3". The couple was on board the subway with Wendy, Julie (Amanda Crew) and Kevin; realizing far too late what was about to happen. I would've like to have seen that, but the actors' schedule prevented that from happening.

- - -

Here's another one, but from "Final Destination 2". Some people apparently missed the death notice of Alex Browning (Devon Sawa), FD1. It's mentioned twice in the film.

First when Kimberly searches online for the fate of the survivors of Flight 108. The other image is an expanded reconstructed screen snap. You're welcome.

The second is when Clear Rivers (Ali Larter) shows Kimberly the Polaroid of her dead friend; inside her padded room. Damn, brick.

Next week we conclude "L.E. Horror" with another two parter!!

Last edited by JohnIan; 04-06-2014 at 02:39 PM..
Old 10-22-2011, 07:11 AM
Target - October 25th, 2011

-NONE-

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$4.75 DVDs

Coraline (single disc version)
Code
Sleepless In Seattle: 10th Anniversary Edition
Superman: The Movie (single disc version)
Sponge Bob Square Pants: Home Sweet Pineapple

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$7.99 DVD

Hocus Pocus

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$9.99 DVDs

Insidious
Paranormal Activity 2
Scared Shrekless/Monsters Vs Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins From Outer Space Halloween Double Pack

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$14.99 DVD

Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$16.99 DVDs

Scre4m
Priest

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Robot Chicken: Season 5 $19.99

I will eventually pick up "Captain America: The First Avenger", but I don't feel like paying $16.99 for it. It's on my list, I can wait.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:13 AM
Best Buy - October 25th, 2011

Captain America: The First Avengers
Exclusive comic book cover; Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy comb only $22.99

Jurassic Park: Ultimate Trilogy
Exclusive steelbook case, Blu-Ray/DVD combo only $59.99

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$7.99 DVDs

The Sixth Sense: Collector's Edition Series
Seven
The Exorcist

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$9.99 DVD

Paranormal Activity 2

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$13.99 DVD

Scre4m

- - - - - - - - - - - -

$12.99 DVDs - purchase both on the same receipt, save $6.00

The Avengers: Volume 3
The Avengers: Volume 4

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Save $20.00 when both below are puchased together on the same receipt

Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena $24.99
Sons Of Anarchy: Season 3 $39.99

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Robot Chicken: Season 5 $19.99
Jurassic Park: Ultimate Trilogy $29.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season (3 disc set) $24.99
Parks And Recreation: Season 3 $24.99
Supernatural: Season 6 $34.99

No listing for "Wrong Turn 4: Bloody Beginnings", checked their website, $16.99. The same for "Attack The Block", $19.99. There you go. Will be picking up "Robot Chicken: Season 5". Should curious, "Captain America" DVD is $17.99.

Last edited by JohnIan; 10-22-2011 at 07:17 AM..
Old 10-27-2011, 04:48 AM
Past Tense - KK Part I

Here we are - the last week of "L.E. Horror". We close Halloween 2011 with the recent super mega monkey movie, "King Kong"...

It's so huge, this is gonna be another two parter! Prepare to be dazzled.

The motion picture opened on December 14th, 2005. It was made with a budget of $207,000,000 (estimated) and grossed over $218 million during its U.S. theatrical run. The film opened number one at the box office, the following week it dropped to number two.

The feature opened against "The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe", "Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire", "Brokeback Mountain" and "Æon Flux".

The first release (two disc set) originally came with a cardboard foil slipcover which mirrored the case's wraparound. It came with an ad insert. A four page advertisement for NBC late night TV, "Touareg" car (Volkswagen), Toshiba DVD recorder machines, New York tourism ad, "ForceFlex" trash bags (Glad), Papa John's pizza (free cheesesticks), Chase limited edition "King Kong" credit card and Nestlé candy bars.

- - -

Best Buy had an exclusive pre-release, "King Kong: Production Sketch Journal". This item was presented by Kodak. It was available free to Reward Zone members who purchased "Cinderella Man" on DVD (December 6th). Ended up getting my copy without having to buy it, well three journals. The faux leather covers (cardboard) are held together by a piece of twine, within it are twelve page; eleven production artworks and one movie still. Say thank you...

The exclusive came inside a plastic bag with an ad from Kodak for four free DVDs with purchase of $199 of select company products (12/06/05 - 12/31/05). And a coupon, $3.00 off for Reward Zone members when they buy "Peter Jackson's King Kong Production Diaries" (which I also own).

- - -

On release day, March 28th, 2006 Target sold the two disc set with an exclusive mini comic book, it came inside the case. The thiry-four page bonus was part of larger adaptation by Dark Horse comics. It re-tells the story, up until Ann Darrow is fasten at the altar and meets Kong. This sold for $20.99, the comic was also available in the single disc version ($14.99) which is what I bought, sold my extra copy on Ebay.

- - -

On that same day Wal-Mart offered an exclusive of their own; behind-the-scenes booklet. The DVD size item came inside a thin cardboard box (different cover than booklet). The ninety-six page bonus, "The Making Of King Kong: The Official Guide To The Motion Picture" is part of a larger tome (same name), published by Pocket Books. This set sold for $14.98, attached to the single disc version (only), sold this copy too (Ebay) - in the end, I kinda broke even.

- - -

Sure. On DVD release day, Best Buy had an offer; free Nestlé candy with purchase ($22.99/$15.99); "Buncha Crunch", "Goobers" or "Raisinets". Lame. I initially bought my copy (two disc set) from here. I didn't take the candy. Later that afternoon I discovered the exclusives from Target and Wal-Mart.

Same with Circuit City, free "King" size Nestlé candy bar, $22.99 and $13.99 for single disc.

Fine. There was two other Best Buy "Kong" offers. Twenty dollars off the two disc set if you bought any Toshiba DVD player, $79.99 or higher. Plus ten dollars off "King Kong" if you bought any Kodak digital camera or printer dock. Both deals; bonuses must be on the same receipt.

- - - - - - - - - -

Rant.

I'm not going to recap the film, it's part of the global consciousness. You could go to a remote Aboriginal village and say it and they'll know what you're talking about and may even play a few chords from Max Steiner's score on a didgeridoo.

I really enjoyed the movie. I saw this on opening day. I prefer the extended cut, more characterization, but I know I'm in the minority. For me, the film didn't feel long. I cared what happened to the characters... minus one.

Jack Black as Carl Denham.

I have never been a fan of his; being obnoxious and annoying does not equal funny. Sadly there are some circles where that's the opposite. Black was so miscast. It's a huge steaming dump compaired to the original (1933) - played by Robert Armstrong.

Armstrong role was an explorer and filmmaker. He came to Skull Island to film an action and nature flick. But then his actress, Ann Darrow (Fay Wray) is kidnapped. Denham dropped everything to rescue her. His responsibility, she trusted him. While true, the man is somewhat of an opportunist, there is a sense of honor in him. He doesn't pass culpability; early on he talks about filming with savage wild animals - he's right there with the camera man in the danger's path. He'll die too, but it'll be on camera.

Once back in New York; Denham kept his word about sharing the wealth, the Kong show on Broadway. I can imagine Black's Denham pocketed much of the profits with some of the money going to the survivors.

In the sequel, "Son Of Kong" (1933; set one month later), Denham (reprised by Armstrong) is broke having lost all his fortune and reputation to the giant ape run amok scandal. Add to the mess, he's being sued by everyone; deaths and destruction. Plus there's a Grand Jury indictment for him, prison. He discovers that Skull Island may hold immeasurable riches. He returns to the dreaded place to right his wrongs. He wants to find that treasure to pay off his creditors and free his conscience - to do the right thing.

Jack Black's Carl Denham is none of these things. He's a jackass, liar and a scoundrel. I hated this portrayal. They turned an honorable man into a coward.

Pissed me off.

There was another casting decision I have issue with, but this is more of a preference thing. This new depiction isn't better or worse - just different...

The captain of the Venture, Englehorn; played originally by Frank Reicher. The first captain was this old, salty man who probably saw a lot of action in his better days. In "Kong" we see him take charge of his crew when Ann is abducted. The man may be geriatric, but he still has a lot of life in him. The new captain was played by Thomas Kretschmann, a much younger man, still salty though. I have nothing bad to say about this characterization. But how cool would it have been to have an elderly man, kicking ass and taking names? Giant bugs? Screw you!!! That would've rocked.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:00 AM
Past Tense - KK Part II

Rant (continued).

What I would like to see made, perhaps as a cable TV movie or mini-series is the 1996 unproduced screenplay by Fran Walsh and Peter Jackson. It's a different feature than the one filmed. It starts off in 1917, above France.

An excerpt...

Quote:
Jack Driscoll and his buddy, Matt Hamon are flying two of the Camels at the rear of the formation. An uptight Brit - McKecknie, is flying along side them. He's as jumpy as hell, scanning the skies for enemy planes.

Matt looks around furtively. None of the other pilots are looking in their direction. With practiced skill, Matt reaches down for something in his tiny cockpit ... He stands up, wedging the control column between his knees and turns back towards Jack's Camel ... a baseball in his hand!! With equal proficiency, Jack jams his control column between his knees and stands, brandishing a baseball bat! Both pranksters have to fight against the fierce slipstream as Matt throws the ball across fifty feet of sky towards Jack! He prepares to swing, but the ball falls short, getting minced in Jack's propeller! A quick look around to make sure no one is looking, and Matt reaches down again, grabbing another baseball out of the bag of balls he carries in his cockpit!

Matt pitches it back towards Jack ... he swings and smashes the ball into the side of McKecknie's plane! He leaps with fright, his Camel wobbling in the sky as he frantically spins around, thinking he's been hit by enemy fire!

Jack and Matt sit in their cockpits, innocently looking the other way!

The film then moves to 1933, a Sumatra archaelogical dig. The discovery of a long forgotten Hindu alter. As well as many bronze artifacts with bone accessories. A nice mystery setting the mood.

- - -

Another excerpt...

Quote:
Englehorn downs another scotch.

Englehorn
Seven years ago I picked up a castaway - the skipper of a Norwegian barque.

The group listen to Englehorn in silence.

Englehorn (CONT'D)
I have never seen a man so mentally ravaged. He had gone blind, not through any injury - but because his mind could no longer deal with the terrible sights he had witnessed. I sat with him during his last night on earth, listening to his fevered whisperings. He spoke of sailing into a thick fog and of running aground on an uncharted island. He spoke of a huge wall, built by a long forgotten civilization and of a creature - neither man nor beast - that lived behind that wall. Of the thirty crewmen who made it ashore, he was the only one who looked into the eyes of the Beast and survived.
Reminds me of "Call Of Cthulhu", the stars must have aligned.

Man, them Norwegians sure can't catch a break.

- - -

You might be saying to yourself, this talk isn't an about exclusives. Yeah, you're right.

Let me correct that. *wink*

On November 22nd, 2005 Best Buy had an exclusive for the "The King Kong Collection", the keepsake tin box edition; five additional movie one-sheet postcards. This sold for $33.99.

I wanted the tin set, the original film, but by accident I picked up the 'Collection'. I remember being at the register and confused as hell as to why this cost more than I expected. But there was a big line behind me; peer pressure - I bought what I had. Only at home did I discover what I had done. A very happy accident.

Picture above are the five additional bonus postcards. I'm presenting them separately, but my set is still connected; I haven't ripped them apart (perforated).

- - -

Rant X 2.

I'm disappointed. "Mighty Joe Young" (1949) received special treatment; a commentary, featurette and an interview. But the main part; the sequel, "Son Of Kong" is nearly bare bones - just the trailer. There is a huge story here.

Stop-motion master Willis O'Brien would later disown his work on "Son". He would rarely talk about it. During the production his estranged wife murdered their two sons then turned the gun on herself - a failed suicide attempt. In fact there is speculation that much of the animation in the film was not done by O'Brien, but by his assistant, Buzz Gibson. Plus I would have liked to have seen a featurette on the lost "King Kong" prequel (of sorts), "New Adventures Of King Kong". Huh?

Some years after "Kong", co-creator Merian C. Cooper wanted to revisit their monkey for one more tale, but his co-writer, Ernest B. Schoedsack convinced him to drop it. The story dealt with the journey from Skull Island to New York. The missing account. Having to interrupt their voyage home for supplies, the Venture anchors near another island. Gathering food, the surviving crew is attacked by another massive creature. In order to save themselves, Denham gets the idea of releasing Kong. Have the ape fight the giant critter and later recapture him.

As far as I know it only got as far as a scriptment stage and some water color artwork.

- - -

Footnotes.

Amazon had initially listed the tin (1933 film set only) with a documentary not included with the two discer; "Hollywood The Golden Years: The RKO Story - Birth Of A Titan", 1987 BBC documentary. Maybe it was planned, but got pulled.

There is a direct sequel to "King Kong" in book form from author, Russell Blackford. Published in 2005 (by Ibooks, Inc.) was "Kong Reborn". The tale involves cloning the giant ape from blood samples found by high-steel worker in 1999. The new creature is returned to Skull Island where general mayhem ensues.

And lastly, the November 2008 issue of Empire magazine (British), published the results of a world-wide poll of the "500 Greatest Movies Of All Time"; Jackson's "King Kong" ranked 450.

There you go. Have a safe and entertaining Halloween!

Last edited by JohnIan; 05-30-2014 at 04:46 AM..
Old 10-29-2011, 06:36 AM
Target - November 1st, 2011

Cars 2
Exclusive light-up case for Blu-Ray/3D Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy comb set $29.99

Water For Elephants
Exclusive Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo $19.99

- - - - - - - - - -

$7.00 DVDs

It's Complicated
The Shawshank Redemption
Ninja Assassin
Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (single disc version)

- - - - - - - - - -

DVD $9.99

Strawberry Shortcake: Bright Lights Big Dreams

- - - - - - - - - -

Hung: Season 2 $19.99
Mike & Molly: Season 1 $24.99
Gossip Girl: Season 4 $24.99
Fringe: Season 3 $24.99

- - - - - - - - - -

$9.99 CD
"Carole King - A Holiday Carole Deluxe" with 3 exclusive bonus tracks

- - - - - - - - - -

$11.99 CD
"Susan Boyle - Someone To Watch Over Me" with bonus $5.00 gift card

- - - - - - - - - -

$22.99 CD
"U2 - Achtung Baby Remastered Deluxe" with bonus $5.00 gift card

Looks like "Cars 2" is cheaper here at $15.99, it'll probably be the only thing I pick up this week. Hmmm... I wonder if Bitch Pudding makes an appearance on Strawberry Shortcake.

Last edited by JohnIan; 10-30-2011 at 07:19 AM..
Old 10-29-2011, 06:38 AM
Best Buy - November 1st, 2011

Talihana Sky: The Story Of The Kings Of Leon
Exclusive Blu-Ray $17.99

Taylor Swift: Journey To Fearless
Exclusive Blu-Ray $16.99

- - - - - - - - - -

Save $2.00 on any Kings Of Leon CD with DVD or Blu-Ray purchase (must be on the same receipt)
Talihana Sky: The Story Of Kings Of Leon $13.99

- - - - - - - - - -

Californication: Season 4 $26.99
Friday Night Lights: Season 5 $14.99
Cleveland Show: Season 2 $14.99
Family Guy: Volume 8 $19.99
Parenthood: Season 2 $24.99
Big Bang Theory: Season 4 29.99
Two And A Half Men: Season 8 $29.99
Psych: Season 5 $29.99

- - - - - - - - - -

$9.99 CD
"Original 7ven - Condensate" with exclusive bonus DVD

- - - - - - - - - -

$129.99 Box CD set
"U2 - Achtung Baby 6 CD/4 DVD Super Deluxe Edition"

Another so-so week of titles. If you're curious, Best Buy is selling "Cars 2" for $16.99.

Last edited by JohnIan; 10-30-2011 at 07:20 AM..
Old 11-03-2011, 06:13 AM
Past Tense

I should be really ashamed, but I'm not (I own the entire film series), that being said; this week we look at the exclusive that came with "Bring It On: All Or Nothing"...

This made for home video feature was released on August 8th, 2006. It was made with a budget of $5,000,000 (estimated). It made 12 million in its first week - total amount (currently) is at eighteen million. [in lieu of find some kind of poster (which there is not), here's a pix of its star, Hayden Panettiere - I tried]

The movie streeted against "Laguna Beach: The Complete Second Season", "Playboy: X Mates Vol. 1", "Larry The Cable Guy: Health Inspector" and "C.S.A.: The Confederate States Of America".

This release originally came with a cardboard slipcover which mirrored the case's wraparound. It also came with an advertisement insert. A long sheet folded three times; 25% off promotional code for Spirit Accessories, contest for a year's supply of SoBe Lean beverages, "Bring It On: 2 Movie Cheer Pack" ("Bring It On" with "Bring It On Again") ad, Universal TV shows now available on DVD ("Fear Factor: The First Season", "Roar: The Complete Series", "Conviction: The Complete Series", "House M.D.: Season Two", "Las Vegas: Uncut & Uncensored - Season Three" and "The Office: Season Two"), Lil J. Xavier's "Young Prince Of Tha South" album ad and an advertisement for the then upcoming NBC series, "Heroes".

The initial release came with an offer - purchase the DVD and receive a free one year subscription to "Teen People". Offer expired on August 15th, 2007. And before you ask, no I didn't. I still have my card inside the case, inside the insert. I'm an anal collector.

- - -

Best Buy had exclusive ring tones - three of them, the set sold for $16.99.

- - -

Wal-Mart offered their own bonus, a CD sampler, side packed with the DVD. Sorry, I do not know how much it sold for on release week. And I apologize for the image quality, this was the best I could find.

I passed... not my kind of music. *nods*

- - -

There was only one store which had a soild exclusive, Target. I passed on it at the time. It's not that I didn't want it - I was tapped out. By the time I was able to buy, it was gone, a bonus disc. For the next four years, on and off I attempted to find/buy that exclusive on Ebay. Failures, until this year, a few months ago. A great deal, I paid slightly over five bucks, including shipping.

From the above pix, it looks like the bonus disc (which came inside a CD envelope) has a lot of content. *sigh* Not really. The total length is 12:18 minutes. The shortest cliip is eighteen seconds long. The longest is 66 seconds. I'm glad to finally complete my set. I changed the case, both DVDs are now inside a two disc case, sway.

Oh yeah. The calendar, October 4th - that's suppose to be a drawing of cupcakes, NOT a plate full of shit. Anyhow, the exclusive set sold for $17.99 on release day.

- - - - - - - - - -

Rant.

It's weird thinking about Panettiere, she was the voice of Dot in Pixar's "A Bug's Life" (1998). That doesn't seem that long ago. Anyhow, is this movie (BIO: AON) any good?

*thinking*

It's about what you expect it would be and unlike the video's title, nothing more.

Last edited by JohnIan; 02-15-2014 at 10:50 PM..
Old 11-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Target - November 8th, 2011

Barbie: A Perfect Christmas
Free "Christmas Chelsea" doll with DVD purchase $11.99

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hollows Part 2
Exclusive Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy with bonus documentary "When Harry Leaves Hogwarts" $27.99 (available 11/11/11)

- - - - - - - - - -

$9.99 DVDs (the ad says there will be more titles selling for $9.99, but won't list them)

Barbie: Princess Charm School
Twilight: Eclipse (single disc version)

- - - - - - - - - -

Harry Potter Complete Movie Gift Set $69.99 (available 11/11/11)
Band Of Brothers/The Pacific gift set $79.99

Nothing for me this week, I'm not a Potter fan. The only thing I want, but can't afford is "Shaft: The TV Movie Collection", but that's a MOD retailing for $49.99 online (as in Amazon).