Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2011, 12:48 AM
Steven Spielberg Finally Admits the Walkie-Talkies Were a Mistake

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/the-pr...142746809.html

Last edited by creekin111; 09-16-2011 at 01:07 AM..
Old 09-16-2011, 01:24 AM
Finally the healing can begin.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:42 AM
I find walkie-talkies far scarier. Whenever I'm around them, I start to hear voices. I have no idea where they are coming from. I feel much safer around guns.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Those damn parent groups.

Focus more on real life. Not movies. Assholes.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Lucas should take a cue here. That's totally what Lucas should do. He should remove that musical interlude in Jabba's Palace and insert it with the climax to ET. That'd be an improvement over the special editions.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:54 PM
It never bothered me personally, but I'm glad he's releasing the original version on Blu-Ray for those who were bothered by it. I haven't seen this movie in years, now that I think about it. Should probably pick this up when it comes out.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:21 PM
I will now start holding my breath until Lucas smartens up.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:29 PM
The only problems I had with the '02 cut were those PC changes (nothing like another post-9/11 knee-jerk reaction : ?) he made and making the spaceship flashier (E.T.'s species hardly looks like one that would be all that showy) -- otherwise I'd say it was an improvement over the original cut. No more 'dummy E.T.' clearly being pulled along track to get back to his ship, anyway.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:02 AM
Now, if he can persuade Lucas.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:47 AM
I doubt Lucas will follow in the steps of Spielberg. Spielberg's admitted that he felt pressured by family groups to change the guns to walkie talkies, but Lucas isn't changing his movies because of pressure. Spielberg realized he robbed people who loved E.T. - his words. Star Wars fans have bitched and moaned about the changes in the Special Editions for years. What does Lucas do? He makes even MORE changes for the blu-rays. Lucas cares more about his thoughts on Star Wars and how his vision for the movies should be.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:23 PM
George Lucas won't lean somehow because of his gigantic ego he has when it comes to changes he made to the Star Wars movies. Spielberg realize that changing E.T would robbed his loyal fans that have beloved the film since it's original release. The winner for the fans is Steven Spielberg. This is how directors should approached their fans if they make this mistake again, not going into the George Lucas route.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:03 AM
Even though Spielberg has yet to apologize for MANY other mistakes (Falling Skies, the Transformers sequels, War of The Worlds) he is OK again.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
Lucas cares more about his thoughts on Star Wars and how his vision for the movies should be.
Strange how that is a bad thing. He alters something he created so that he thinks it's better. If moviewatchers could dictate most actresses would go nude in every movie they are in, but here we are still bitching and moaning Jeniffer Love Hewitt doesn't show her funbags.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:05 AM
This is actually the first time I hear about this. It personally does not bother me. I would care less if the agent had a gun or a walkie-talkie. Nevertheless it's a great movie.