Old 09-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsyder View Post
Yeah if you have any Indianapolis players in fantasy football, dump them now.

Except for Wayne maybe.
Yeah thank god I didn't get any in this one here lol

And nice to see the Chargers special teams picked up where they left off last year lol
Old 09-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Thoughts on week 1 so far starting with

Washington 28 NY Giants 14 - really impressed with Red Grossman minus the fumble which great job by the skins D and Orakpo FG block to pick that up. The D really played well against a team they have a history of playing shitting against and even though the Giants had lots of injuries on D dumb stupid plays and bad penalties are no excuse. Not getting too excited yet but I like what I saw here. Giants don't worry Eli still thinks he's as good as Tom Brady lol

Baltimore 35 Pittsburgh 7 - wow 7 turnovers from the Steelers I wow and the Steelers D look so unimpressive against the Ravens expected a better matchup and a better game from the Steelers than that

Chicago 30 Atlanta 12 - Bears were really impressive here and maybe last year wasnt a fluke

Cincinnati 27 Cleveland 17 - meh glad I didn't see any of this

Houston 34 Indianapolis 7 - sooooooo when do they call Brett Favre to come out of retirement again

Jacksonville 16 Tennessee 14 - impressed by Luke McCown but doubt that continues

Buffalo 41 Kansas City 7 - Is it because the Bills are improved or the Chiefs really regressed when you lose by 34 pts. Maybe the Bills do win more than 5 games

Dream Team 31 St. Louis 13 - If Bradford and Jackson's injuries are serious puts promising season in real jeopardy

Detroit 27 Tampa Bay 20 - I went back and forth between this game, Bal-Pitt and Rams game Detroit was really impressive if Stafford can stay healthy can be the sleeper team that everything thinks they can be

Arizona 28 Carolina 21 - JaMarcus Russell's first season: 4 games, 373 yards, 2 TDs Cam Newton today 24-37 422 yards 2 TDs nice 1st game lets see against a better D what he does but very impressive 1st game

San Diego 24 Minnesota 17 - Chargers win a game and don't look impressive in it and nice job improving special teams and McNabb 39 yards passing really?????

San Francisco 33 Seattle 17 - So when the Skins game ended and joined this game in the end Ted Ginn scored 2 returns for a TD the most interesting part of the game and it was only the last 4 mins of it.

Now time to watch the Jets beat the crap out of Dallas
Old 09-11-2011, 10:55 PM
God I love it when Dallas and Tony Romo chokes in the clutch hahaha oh god thats why Dallas will continue to be who they are and Tony Romo will never amount to anything but a borderline top 10 QB in the NFL

I think I want Romo to be the Cowboys QB forever hahaha oh god I love this
Old 09-12-2011, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
God I love it when Dallas and Tony Romo chokes in the clutch hahaha oh god thats why Dallas will continue to be who they are and Tony Romo will never amount to anything but a borderline top 10 QB in the NFL

I think I want Romo to be the Cowboys QB forever hahaha oh god I love this
Dude, he does that his whole career. I could not believe it when I saw it. Jerry Jones should be calling the Bengals this morning.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Thoughts on week 1 so far starting with

Washington 28 NY Giants 14 - really impressed with Red Grossman minus the fumble which great job by the skins D and Orakpo FG block to pick that up. The D really played well against a team they have a history of playing shitting against and even though the Giants had lots of injuries on D dumb stupid plays and bad penalties are no excuse. Not getting too excited yet but I like what I saw here. Giants don't worry Eli still thinks he's as good as Tom Brady lol
I think it is time for Tom C to go and his shitty offensive coordinator too! Tom is proving the league has passed him by and he is too old to relate to the players. We lost Plax, because of this and I am betting some players like Tuck will miss a lot of games, because they will not play for him anymore. You watch home many games players will be sitting out.

I could not believe what I saw. The Redskins did not win the game. The Giants lost it. They completely forgot about the run and went pass happy. Eli could not hit a barn 5 feet in front of him. Why they did not take a knee at the end is beyond me. No one could catch the ball. it just seemed like the defense stopped caring, because the offense could not or would not do anything. Reminds me of the several years ago.

I don't want to get all excited about losing the first game of the year, but after a terrible offseason ansd preseason, they needed to win this game. That was not the real Rex. The real Rex will be sitting the bench by game 6.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
I could not believe what I saw. The Redskins did not win the game. The Giants lost it. They completely forgot about the run and went pass happy. Eli could not hit a barn 5 feet in front of him. Why they did not take a knee at the end is beyond me. No one could catch the ball. it just seemed like the defense stopped caring, because the offense could not or would not do anything. Reminds me of the several years ago.

I don't want to get all excited about losing the first game of the year, but after a terrible offseason ansd preseason, they needed to win this game. That was not the real Rex. The real Rex will be sitting the bench by game 6.
I know the Giants had a lot of injuries but the Giants got outplayed and badly might I add. The past few years the Giants would run all over our defense a huge difference from the past few years and made huge key plays the Kerrigan INT, the stop on 4th down, block FG.

The Giants also took a couple stupid penalties the hit on Fred Davis that would have been 4th down and forced the Redskins to punt instead the Redskins would end up scoring a TD to go up 28-14

As good as Rex Grossman played spreading the ball around even with the all the pass rushes the Giants were still putting up the defense deserves a huge credit for the victory.

The Giants get a beat up Rams team next week they better win that because they have the Eagles the week after. 0-3 is possible
Old 09-12-2011, 01:06 PM
What was Rob Ryan so pissed off about after the Jets/Cowboys game? And lol Tony Romo.

My team lost (Panthers), but it was a respectable loss. We might actually have a future.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countchocula View Post
What was Rob Ryan so pissed off about after the Jets/Cowboys game? And lol Tony Romo.

My team lost (Panthers), but it was a respectable loss. We might actually have a future.
I think someone made a joke about Rex liking Rob's wife's feet.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Scary thought.
Not mine. This comes from Mike F on NY 660am

If the Colts tank and keep Peyton off the whole year, they could have Luck be the back up for a couple years like what Green Bay did. Could happen. I know I am going to keep the Colts losing in the confidence pool.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Scary thought.
Not mine. This comes from Mike F on NY 660am

If the Colts tank and keep Peyton off the whole year, they could have Luck be the back up for a couple years like what Green Bay did. Could happen. I know I am going to keep the Colts losing in the confidence pool.
Possible but looking at that team they have way more problems especially on defense that I think should take bigger priority in fact if they end up with the top pick I think if I were them I would consider doing what the Redskins did at this draft and just repeatedly trade down in the first few rounds and aquire more picks to help improve the team.

Luck would be great but they need major help on defense and Luck like other top possible draft picks aren`t no sure thing to make it(Carr, Harrington, Jamarcus Russel, Alex Smith, Brady Quinn)

I`m sure there`s a few others in there too
Old 09-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Well, I don't think the 49ers are tanking. They're 1-1, and that loss was an OT loss in which they led most of the game (which I guess doesn't exactly help my point, but still . . .). The Colts on the other hand . . . I don't think they're trying to tank, but they might as well start - not that anybody will notice.

Good to see my Falcons pulled it out and held on (that's what she said) against the Eagles last night.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:40 AM
I think Kansas City might as well start tanking as well losing 48-3 to Detroit and losing Jamaal Charles for the season. It don't look good

Redskins are 2-0 and lead the NFC East just like I thought they would be ok maybe not and this really should have been a blowout after the first half 5 drives inside the Arizona 40 and 10 points to show for it. On the 2 Grossman INTs the first one was poor decision the 2nd one wasn't his fault as Armstrong was held from making his cut and tipped the ball for the INT. Grossman was a lot better in the 2nd half. D played great Ryan Kerrigan is going to be a star and London Fretcher is the most underappeciated defensive player in the NFL

I wonder how many people took Baltimore in their survivor pools holy jeez destroy your rival by 28 and lose to Tennessee.

Buffalo and Detroit are 2-0 as well Detroit looks for real and will give Green Bay competition for the NFC North. While the Bills still need to play someone good and play New England, Cincinnati and Phily the next 3 weeks if they somehow end up 4-1 out of that I'll be impressed

Atlanta great game and great comback Robinson's hit was unnecessary and if Vick is out for awhile with his concussion bye bye dream team.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Atlanta great game and great comback Robinson's hit was unnecessary and if Vick is out for awhile with his concussion bye bye dream team.
I don't know about "unnecessary," but definitely unfortunate and bad luck for Vick. If he had just been thrown down, he would've been fine. Unfortunately, the other Eagles player was there and Vick was thrown into him.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
I don't know about "unnecessary," but definitely unfortunate and bad luck for Vick. If he had just been thrown down, he would've been fine. Unfortunately, the other Eagles player was there and Vick was thrown into him.
you can't lead into with your helmet the NFL went and wanted to do away with hits like that last year Robinson will get a fine at least for it.

He did that to Maclin(I believe that's who he hit) and he did that last year to Desean Jackson when he was in Houston
Old 09-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Quote:
you can't lead into with your helmet the NFL went and wanted to do away with hits like that last year Robinson will get a fine at least for it.

He did that to Maclin(I believe that's who he hit) and he did that last year to Desean Jackson when he was in Houston
My bad, I thought you meant the Vick hit. Yeah Robinson will probably be fined, maybe even suspended for it.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Quote:
My bad, I thought you meant the Vick hit. Yeah Robinson will probably be fined, maybe even suspended for it.
I think he might be the first one suspended for it considering repeat offender
Old 09-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Quote:
I think he might be the first one suspended for it considering repeat offender
Apparently, he was just fined $40K.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Apparently, he was just fined $40K.
15K more than his last fine yeah $40K hurts him so much financially

So The Cowboys lost Miles Austin until about week 6, Tony Romo has cracked ribs and a punctured lung, and Felix Jones has a hurt shoulder.

The Giants are beat up and lost Mario Manningham last night.

And Michael Vick got a concussion and possibly isn't playing next week

And the Redskins sit 2-0 lead the NFC East and are probably getting our best defensive player LaRon Landry back for the Monday nighter next week against Dallas.

Things are looking up for the first 2 weeks I'm not too excited yet but 3-0 and beating Dallas definatley will
Old 09-21-2011, 10:17 PM
God my Fins suck so much. Sadly they wont suck enough to get Luck. I think either Indy or Seattle will get him.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
God my Fins suck so much. Sadly they wont suck enough to get Luck. I think either Indy or Seattle will get him.
Or KC
Old 09-22-2011, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Or KC
Very true. I forgot how bad they are haha.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:38 PM
So Deangelo Hall said he will attack Tony Romo's ribs and apparently he's getting flack for it. Here's the thing which is you know something that you never hear is someone who is actually honest because if you don't think when a player is hurt and they aren't going out to attack that injury please.

The only problem is that he said what I'm sure other players on the defensive side do.

What do you want him to do say he's going to attack his knees, legs or anything else.

BTW I'm not condoning intentionally hurting him or anybody but if Romo wants to play with cracked ribs and a punctured lung then go for it considering how agressive the Redskins D has been the first 2 games I will be surprised if he lasts the whole game

And just because Dallas has Miles Austin, Dez Bryant(looks like he will miss this one) their starting CBs out and Felix Jones hurt doesn't mean they get my sympathy either. No one was doing that for Green Bay last year

It just seems if the Redskins win this game no matter how the excuses will be the Dallas injuries

BTW Not jumping on the bandwagon at 2-0 but I will at 3-0 with some easy(it appears that way) games coming up after this
Old 09-24-2011, 11:53 AM
So the Chiefs have lost their starting tight end, their starting (NFL leading) running back, and their starting (first round draft pick) safety. And they have the worst schedule in the NFL bar none.

Obviously they aren't going to be a playoff contender. But even with three starters out for the year, this team should be playing better football. The tackling is sloppy and the offensive line is leaking like a busted pipe. If things continue to go this badly, I'll be surprised to see Kansas City win a game this year.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:56 AM
Quote:
So Deangelo Hall said he will attack Tony Romo's ribs and apparently he's getting flack for it. Here's the thing which is you know something that you never hear is someone who is actually honest because if you don't think when a player is hurt and they aren't going out to attack that injury please.

The only problem is that he said what I'm sure other players on the defensive side do.

What do you want him to do say he's going to attack his knees, legs or anything else.

BTW I'm not condoning intentionally hurting him or anybody but if Romo wants to play with cracked ribs and a punctured lung then go for it considering how agressive the Redskins D has been the first 2 games I will be surprised if he lasts the whole game
If you're on the field the assumption is that you're fit and fair game.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:24 AM
What a week 3 all the 1:00 games were one score game right down to the end really exciting.

- first off Buffalo 3-0 impressive and great game you got my attention now the game on Oct 30th is even more exciting

- Detroit 3-0 too coming back from 20-0 to win while can the Vikings keep a lead like seriously

- Houston and New Orleans became a shootout it doesn't look like any team can compete with the Saints in a shootout except the Packers speaking of which

- Packers 3-0 they are still the best team in the NFL

Now onto the whine of the week Michael Vick of the greatest collection of overhyped talent of all time team got hit and broke his hand and whines to the media of not getting the calls well

Oh btw Matt Ryan took a helmet to helmet hit that wasn't penalized and he didn't bitch about that so booo fucking hooo
Old 09-27-2011, 12:20 PM
I just want to say in reference to the game last night fuck you officials for the BS facemask penalty on Deangelo Hall that wasn't a fucking face mask that essentially got them close enough to hit the winning field goal another attempt to help Dallas after playing a really shitting game not the Redskins played much better but definatley outplayed them.

I can somewhat stomach losing to these assholes but not because of this

I'll still take 2-1 going to play a beat up Rams team to go 3-1(hopefully) next week
Old 09-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Quote:
I just want to say in reference to the game last night fuck you officials for the BS facemask penalty on Deangelo Hall that wasn't a fucking face mask that essentially got them close enough to hit the winning field goal another attempt to help Dallas after playing a really shitting game not the Redskins played much better but definatley outplayed them.

I can somewhat stomach losing to these assholes but not because of this

I'll still take 2-1 going to play a beat up Rams team to go 3-1(hopefully) next week
I guess he should not make more comments about wanting to aim at someone's ribs again. The boys are America's team. They get a lot of calls
Old 10-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Well if there's anything I love its the "dream team" 1-3 blowing a huge lead, ESPN's team blowing a 27-3 lead and Romo doing another choke job in the 2nd half love it and the Redskins 3-1 leading the NFC East(yes I know the Giants have the same record but we have a victory over them)

Oh Ronnie Brown dumbest play ever throwing the ball backwards at the 1 yard line.

Baltimore's D 21 points the Jets offense 3 points yikes

Packers are clearly the best team in the league and the Lions are for real.

After 4 weeks my assessment on the NFC West is it still sucks even if the 49ers are 3-1
Old 10-08-2011, 10:20 AM
RIP Al Davis. Dead at age 82. The Raiders are who they are because of him.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:45 AM
The Raiders just got better.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:00 PM
The way I compare this is to Bill Wirtz when he died who owned the Blackhawks who was a huge influence but refused to change with the times and the moment he died the Blackhawks became better and are a better organization now for it.

Despite what we all think of Al Davis right now and how he has run the Raiders the past several years he has had a huge influence on them and the NFL they are what they are because of him

The Raiders can move forward now
Old 10-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsyder View Post
The Raiders just got better.
Haha...this made me spit up my drink! lol

Sad but still very true!
Old 10-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Quote:
I guess he should not make more comments about wanting to aim at someone's ribs again. The boys are America's team. They get a lot of calls
Bahaahahaha, Dallas gets a lot of calls. Right.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Knew I should have changed my Texans pick to the Raiders, but just couldn't pull the trigger!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck Bond View Post
Knew I should have changed my Texans pick to the Raiders, but just couldn't pull the trigger!
I did 2 hours before game time glad that worked.

BTW Eagles lose again HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I feel really priviliged that my team gets the opportunity to permanently end their season a loss and 1-5 they will be done.

Also nice pass at the end Eli so funny losing to Seattle at home hey remember he's just as good as Tom Brady

Redskins 3-1 leading the NFC East by themselves sounds pretty nice.

Also 48-3 49ers over Tampa Bay. If the win over the Eagles didn't get everyone's attention that I think will. Say what you will about the NFC East they have been really impressive and their only loss was an OT loss to Dallas with all things considered.

I wanted to also add too watching ESPN NFL countdown all the stuff on Al Davis people my age(I'm 28 BTW) pretty much know him from the past several years and what he has been like but I never realized how much of an influence he had on the Raiders and the NFL, merging with the AFL.

Really liked that for someone like me that never knew that much about him and makes us want to remember Al Davis more for that than the past few years running the Raiders
Old 10-10-2011, 02:34 PM
As a die hard 49ers fan and not a Raider hater(as a Bay Area sports fan...have always wanted the Raiders to do well)...it's very nice to see Bay Area football be relevant again after 9 years of utter crap! Harbaugh and his entire coaching staff have totally changed the mindset of this 49er team...the optimism out here for this team is only gonna go up! And the Raiders are a very solid 3-2 after a very tough opening schedule...4 straight against the Bills, Jets, Pats and Texans...all good AFC teams. McFadden is a stud and they have weapons in the passing game, plus a defensive line that is one of the deepest in the league...they will challenge San Diego for the West, that's for sure. It's great to see finally after a long drought out here!
Old 10-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Also 48-3 49ers over Tampa Bay. If the win over the Eagles didn't get everyone's attention that I think will.
Somehow it didn't, because all I've seen out of ESPN and all the highlight shows is how much the Eagles and Jets suck and how those teams are in disaray. Hell, they barely even mention the Bills performance in that game...Fred Jackson anyone?! That and the "Tebow watch" has pretty much dominated...it's so boring that is all they focus on, sickens me and makes me happy at the same time! lol
Old 10-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Somehow it didn't, because all I've seen out of ESPN and all the highlight shows is how much the Eagles and Jets suck and how those teams are in disaray. Hell, they barely even mention the Bills performance in that game...Fred Jackson anyone?! That and the "Tebow watch" has pretty much dominated...it's so boring that is all they focus on, sickens me and makes me happy at the same time! lol
It's ESPN its mostly what they focus on just be fortunate that Dallas was off this week or we would be hearing about Tony Romo either greatest QB of all time or greatest choker of all time depending on what week it is

I really want the 49ers to do well and be back to the old days when they were one of the top teams when they had Montana/Young at QB, Jerry Rice I have lots of these great memories everytime I go back to playing Tecmo Super Bowl to the teams the 49ers had because playing as the Redskins against them in the playoffs they were so damn impossible to beat lol

BTW Oakland's schedule
This week vs Cleveland
Week 7: vs Kansas City
Week 8: BYE
Week 9: vs Denver
Week 10: @ San Diego
Week 11 @ Minnesota
Week 12: vs Chicago
Week 13 vs Miami
Week 14: @ Green Bay
Week 15: vs Detroit
Week 16: @ Kansas City
Week 17 vs San Diego

You know what they could be 6-2 going to play San Diego and 10-6 and 11-5 is realistically possible
Old 10-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Quote:
I have lots of these great memories everytime I go back to playing Tecmo Super Bowl to the teams the 49ers had because playing as the Redskins against them in the playoffs they were so damn impossible to beat lol
Man the 49ers and Redskins had some great playoff games back in the 80's, early 90's...along with the Giants those were the three powers of football before the emergence of J. Johnson's Cowboys teams.

How do the Skins look this year...you've really had a similar drought as us...(save one or two playoff appearances)...lots of talent over recent years, but probably not a bonafide QB to pull it all together. Is Grossman that guy? I doubt it since the guy is a turnover waiting to happen, but seems to be holding it together this year. Who knows, because it seems over night people have gone from saying the NFC East is one of the best divisions in football to overrated. The Eagles are where they are, Dallas has Romo lol...and the Giants lost to the Seahawks...the Seahawks?!?!? That leaves a Skins team that nobody has a handle on yet. Give me that handle dude!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Quote:
How do the Skins look this year...you've really had a similar drought as us...(save one or two playoff appearances)...lots of talent over recent years, but probably not a bonafide QB to pull it all together. Is Grossman that guy? I doubt it since the guy is a turnover waiting to happen, but seems to be holding it together this year. Who knows, because it seems over night people have gone from saying the NFC East is one of the best divisions in football to overrated. The Eagles are where they are, Dallas has Romo lol...and the Giants lost to the Seahawks...the Seahawks?!?!? That leaves a Skins team that nobody has a handle on yet. Give me that handle dude!
From what I've seen this far(I've only seen 2 of the 4 games due to where I live my FOX stations are from Detroit and Seattle thankful for Canadian stations and digital cable)

anyway

Redskins are looking really good this year better than I expected Orakpo and Kerrigan our rookie is playing really well we currently lead the league in sacks the D looks way better than last year as we have the right guys to play the 3-4 this time(imagine them 2 vs the Eagles O-line next week )

The offense has been at times good to ok Grossman had a god first couple games the last 2 haven't been that great with the last game throwing 2 late INTs to almost blow a 17-0 lead to the Rams but our D is the main reason we are 3-1.

We have a pretty good running game too 3 really good RBs Torain(Had a good game last week) Hightower who has been good and is the best out of the 3 for pass blocking and Helu has been good when he has been and might be our starting RB in a couple years.

Basicially we still need a QB but I'm a little unsure still about him but we did the right thing at the draft by aquiring draft picks and gaining more talent so when we get a franchise QB which is the only thing we are really missing at this point this is a team I think can start getting back to our glory years that we had from 1983-1991

Imagine a win next week over the Eagles and the Cowboys are playing New England and the Giants are playing the Bills. And have I also mentioned the Giants have to play the Packers and the Saints later on this year while our non-divisional games are Carolina and Minnesota.

We have a huge opportunity to take control of the NFC East next week

Makes me more excited for Washington vs Buffalo in Toronto on Oct. 30th