Old 06-28-2011, 05:25 AM
Originally Posted by zombievictim View Post
...is that Bacon Explosion with Pizza toppings?! You've just improved perfection.
Until the next morning. DAMN.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Damone View Post
I hadn't done one in about two years so this past Saturday I smoked two pizza fatties.

My woven bacon mat.

A pound of flatten Italian Sausage with some pizza sauce, sliced string cheese and pepperoni. The second one I made I used chorizo for the sausage. Rolled this up and placed on the bacon mat and then rolled the bacon around that.

All rolled up. Put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Just long enough to get it to hold it's shape.

Let the smoking begin! The chorizo is on top with the Italian underneath.

After about an hour or so of cooking. Used Hickory chips and kept a grill temperature of around 225-250. When the internal temp got to 170, it was done.

Ready to eat!

Man, I love the summer.
My mind is blown in ways not even I have yet to comprehend.

You had me at "woven bacon mat".
Old 06-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Has anybody got their own recipe for the best nachos? I know it's pretty basic. But there are nachos, and then there are NACHOS!
One of the simplest and best snacks on the planet, yet so many people fuck it up. In terms of toppings, put on whatever you dig, but the way the cheese is put on is essential. You can't just lay down a plate of chips and then sprinkle some cheese on top.

Here's what I do:

Grate a big bowl of cheese. Marble is what I prefer for nachos, but go with your favorite. Jack is good as well. Get a plate and cover the plate with cheese. Lay down a layer of nachos, cover them with cheese. Lay down another layer of nachos, cover them with cheese. Repeat until you have enough layers to satisfy your hunger. The cheese layering is VERY important. The worst goddamn thing on the planet is eating the top layer and only having a bunch of measly chips remaining and no cheese.

In terms of toppings, I like ground beef, jalapenos, diced tomatoes, black olives and green onions. I don't like dumping sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and/or chili on the nachos because they get soggy as fuck. So if you like any or all of those, it's best to put them in a little dish on the side.

I'm not a big fan of beans on nachos. The taste just doesn't mix with the other flavors.

Nuke or put in oven until the cheese is melted, but don't melt too much or else you get cheese that hardens to the plate and nachos.

Last edited by Bourne101; 06-28-2011 at 03:41 PM..
Old 09-20-2011, 10:20 AM
I used to make eggs in a basket all the time back when I still ate breakfast. I learned to make those in school. Now when I eat breakfast, it's usually just toast or eggos.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:44 PM
I have just discovered the wonder of pecan pie. Thank you, America, thank you ever so much.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: