Old 09-22-2011, 02:58 PM
R.E.M. calls it a day

http://remhq.com/news_story.php?id=1446

Quote:
"To our Fans and Friends: As R.E.M., and as lifelong friends and co-conspirators, we have decided to call it a day as a band. We walk away with a great sense of gratitude, of finality, and of astonishment at all we have accomplished. To anyone who ever felt touched by our music, our deepest thanks for listening." R.E.M.
This really sucks, but at least they went out on a high note. Hell, two high notes. Accelerate and Collapse Into Now are great albums. Never got to see em live though. Anyway, RIP REM!

*Edit* Totally used the wrong icon for this thread. Just noticed that. Balls.

Last edited by HannibalGuy; 09-22-2011 at 03:10 PM..
Old 09-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Great band. I loved how prolific they were, especially during the 80's when they were at their peak. Unlike a lot of other musicians, they could actually be bothered to keep making music.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HannibalGuy View Post
This really sucks, but at least they went out on a high note. Hell, two high notes. Accelerate and Collapse Into Now are great albums. Never got to see em live though.
Totally agree, and I can officially add never seeing them in concert to my list of greatest life regrets.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:53 AM
Great band, they will be missed. Of course i am sure they will be back in like 5 or 10 years.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm just posting to say that I don't really care about this. BUT there are a few R.E.M. songs that rock my world...

"Losing My Religion"
"Orange Crush"
"Bittersweet Me"
"The One I Love"
"Drive"