Old 10-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Investigative Journalism/Articles

So anyone else out there enjoy reading more in-depth investigative articles?

In the past year, I've read probably somewhere around 200-300 articles and gotten more and more hooked on reading these, ranging from stuff like Michael Lewis's look at how the Greek crisis started to an article on the Stuxnet threat in Wired or another about a guy who got his friends killed but survived (and how his life is several years later) or Matt Taibbi's great indictment of Wall Street, or two Vanity Fair articles that were/are currently in development as movies (The Golden Suicides, van Sant was attached at one point, and U Want Me 2 Kill Him)... Many of these I found courtesy of the awesome app Instapaper.

I figured I'd start a thread where people can share in-depth articles they find on the net and/or thoughts on them.

Tonight, I read one of the most fascinating articles I've ever found.

I was just browsing DarkHorizons for movie news and a mention of a movie being developed by the screenwriter of Ben Affleck's forthcoming Argo (also based on another incredible true story) piqued my interest - specifically because it was based on an in-depth article from The New Yorker which I searched for, found, and read.

If you're as much of a fan of conspiracy/paranoid thrillers as I am, this will make your mind reel. This is easily the greatest conspiracy thriller yet to be made. It's seriously one of the craziest, most epic, tragic, nearly unbelievable true stories I've ever read, beginning with a murder in Guatamela. And it'll make for one hell of a movie - the strange turns in this case are crazier than any movie I've seen all year. Also, don't wikipedia it beforehand. You'll spoil the story for yourself.

It's a hell of a long article but if you have an hour or so to spare, grab a cup of coffee, sit down, and check it out:

A Murder Foretold: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...4fa_fact_grann

If anyone has any other articles to share, please post them! I'm always on the lookout for something new and interesting to read.

Last edited by JCPhoenix; 10-14-2011 at 07:04 PM..