Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Upcoming Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #921  
Old 10-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Bearded Henry Cavill on Man Of Steel Alaskian Set





Reply With Quote
  #922  
Old 10-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Oh the old Superman in Alaska gag.

Guess he goes to Canada or Siberia or somewhere to "find himself".
Reply With Quote
  #923  
Old 10-06-2011, 01:50 AM
While Cavill LOOKS like Superman, that's about it. I'm not happy about this reboot at all. I don't like the new suit, and I don't want another fucking "origin story" either. If you don't know Superman's origin by now, there's something wrong with you.

Anyway, I really liked Routh better as Superman, and I loved Superman Returns. Just because it didn't get the box office that was expected of it, doesn't mean it has to be fucking rebooted.

But Hollywood loves to reboot franchises new & old! So why the fuck NOT, right?

Anyway, I'm going in skeptical because I've been a life-long fan of the Big Blue Boy Scout. I just HOPE I'm pleasantly surprised, as I would love to eat my fucking words, once this fucker's released.
Reply With Quote
  #924  
Old 10-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail_Blazer View Post
While Cavill LOOKS like Superman, that's about it. I'm not happy about this reboot at all. I don't like the new suit, and I don't want another fucking "origin story" either. If you don't know Superman's origin by now, there's something wrong with you.

Anyway, I really liked Routh better as Superman, and I loved Superman Returns. Just because it didn't get the box office that was expected of it, doesn't mean it has to be fucking rebooted.

How can you say you liked Routh better as Superman when you haven't even seen any footage of this movie? Looks is all we can really go by at this point since we haven't seen any footage of the movie yet.
Reply With Quote
  #925  
Old 10-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail_Blazer View Post
While Cavill LOOKS like Superman, that's about it. I'm not happy about this reboot at all. I don't like the new suit, and I don't want another fucking "origin story" either. If you don't know Superman's origin by now, there's something wrong with you.

Anyway, I really liked Routh better as Superman, and I loved Superman Returns. Just because it didn't get the box office that was expected of it, doesn't mean it has to be fucking rebooted.

But Hollywood loves to reboot franchises new & old! So why the fuck NOT, right?

Anyway, I'm going in skeptical because I've been a life-long fan of the Big Blue Boy Scout. I just HOPE I'm pleasantly surprised, as I would love to eat my fucking words, once this fucker's released.
One again with the another origin story argument. The last time Superman had an "origin" portrayed on was in 1978, and that was barely an origin more than it was a quick scene with Krypton being destroyed and baby Kal-El being shipped to Earth. I think with Snyder's Superman we're getting a lot more--especially since you have an actor like Russell Crowe playing Jor-El.

Regarding the comment of Routh being a better Superman; I don't understand this statement. How do you know if the movie hasn't been released yet? It's similar to the argument we got about Jack Nicholson being a better Joker than Heath Ledger when The Dark Knight hadn't even been released yet. Finally, Superman is the one hero that desperately needed a reboot. He's been in the same vintage shit hole for over three decades, it's time we get a new direction.
Reply With Quote
  #926  
Old 10-07-2011, 12:17 AM
To the two guys above:

Let me clarify: While Cavill looks the part, Routh looked even MORE the part (plus he put on a helluva performance IMO, following right in Reeves' footsteps). Plus, I like the classic Superman outfit (red undies and all) over these pics of the new outfit. Though I never did like the "S" shield in Returns, it was too small. This "S" shield is only slightly better cuz it's bigger.

Going by acting and performance, you're both right: I'll have to wait to see the movie. Maybe I'll really like it. Maybe it'll surpass my expectations, I'm hoping it will. But right now, I'm not so sure.

Only time will tell............
Reply With Quote
  #927  
Old 10-07-2011, 12:53 AM
I disagree. I think Cavill looks MORE like Superman than any other actor.

Routh looked like Christopher Reeves. Mind you, Routh did fine. But the films biggest flaw was trying too hard to be a Richard Donner clone, all the while giving us an angsty Superman with a ton of plot holes.

Snyder looks to be rescuing us from that with a healthy dose of pure unadulterated action bits.
Reply With Quote
  #928  
Old 10-07-2011, 01:26 AM
Angsty? You got that from Returns? While I have to watch it again, I'm not sure I got that from it.
Reply With Quote
  #929  
Old 10-07-2011, 04:12 AM
I wonder if Snyder is going to break out the Kryptonite condom. I know he's a stickler for details.
Reply With Quote
  #930  
Old 10-07-2011, 01:18 PM
henry looks like a bad ass

routh looks effeminate
Reply With Quote
  #931  
Old 10-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Routh still looks more like Superman to me than Cavill does.
Reply With Quote
  #932  
Old 10-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail_Blazer View Post
Routh still looks more like Superman to me than Cavill does.
Superman is a comic book character. Routh looks like Christopher Reeves.
Reply With Quote
  #933  
Old 10-07-2011, 08:43 PM
I don't know a whole lot about Superman so I don't know where Snyder is going with this but I like most of what I see so far.
Reply With Quote
  #934  
Old 10-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail_Blazer View Post
To the two guys above:

Let me clarify: While Cavill looks the part, Routh looked even MORE the part (plus he put on a helluva performance IMO, following right in Reeves' footsteps). Plus, I like the classic Superman outfit (red undies and all) over these pics of the new outfit. Though I never did like the "S" shield in Returns, it was too small. This "S" shield is only slightly better cuz it's bigger.

Going by acting and performance, you're both right: I'll have to wait to see the movie. Maybe I'll really like it. Maybe it'll surpass my expectations, I'm hoping it will. But right now, I'm not so sure.

Only time will tell............
AJ is actually right. Do you know what Superman looks like? Think about this, The way Superman "looks" can look very different based upon the direction of the writer whose writing him, and the artist whose drawing him. There's Curt Swan Superman:



Which is what the character was like back in the 70s (before the original Chris Reeve movie came out) which is characterized by the huge barrel chested look. This style was prevalent all the way till the mid 80s. There's the modern George Perez look:



The facial drawing of these two characters is very different. There's the Alex Ross "kingdome Come" version:



In which even the iconic chest emblem is completely changed (to reflect the fact that this story takes place in the future). Going off the deep end, there's also Superman Beyond:



And, even further off the deep end, in current DC continuity, there are TWO Supermans. There's Kal-L, whose the Action Comics #1, Golden Age Superman, and there's Kal-el, whose the Silver Age to modern Age Superman. They even met, and fought:



So, that's why I think AJ is right here, when you say that someone "doesn't look like Superman" or that one actor is more Superman than someone else, that's subjective. That's your taste, and that's fine, but there isn't any one Superman. His look has changed a lot over the years. Some of the changes were subtle, some not so much.
Reply With Quote
  #935  
Old 10-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Ok. I'm a big Superman fan, I get what you're saying.

Still think Routh looks more like Superman than Cavill. Nothing anyone else has to say will change my mind on that.

We'll see how good this Man of Steel film ends up being, regardless. What month is supposed to be released?
Reply With Quote
  #936  
Old 10-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Cavill is officially the most physically imposing Superman To Date



Reply With Quote
  #937  
Old 10-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Are those set pics from the Rambo First Blood remake??

Sidenote....what would Superman use to shave with?
Reply With Quote
  #938  
Old 10-14-2011, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBuff07 View Post
Are those set pics from the Rambo First Blood remake??

Sidenote....what would Superman use to shave with?
Ive seen him shave with his eye beams in a mirror in the comics before.
Reply With Quote
  #939  
Old 10-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
Ive seen him shave with his eye beams in a mirror in the comics before.
Right, he uses his heat vision on a mirror and the reflection back is how he shaves.
Reply With Quote
  #940  
Old 10-15-2011, 01:01 AM
Reply With Quote
  #941  
Old 10-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Must be a bitch and a half to cut his own hair, especially in the back.

You can pretty much guarantee downstairs is gonna be a jungle too, since what sane man would let a laser beam in that general area.
Reply With Quote
  #942  
Old 01-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Bradley Cooper to Cameo as Lex Luthor in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel? - http://bit.ly/xM44Fd
Reply With Quote
  #943  
Old 01-03-2012, 10:19 PM
This guy going from wanting to play the lead in The Crow to Lex Luthor? Seriously? He's reaching.
Reply With Quote
  #944  
Old 01-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1NSTR1PEZ View Post
Bradley Cooper to Cameo as Lex Luthor in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel? - http://bit.ly/xM44Fd
He would actually be a pretty damn good pick for Lex and would pull it off effortlessly.

Hopefully this rumor is true.
Reply With Quote
  #945  
Old 01-03-2012, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Soloist View Post
He would actually be a pretty damn good pick for Lex and would pull it off effortlessly.

Hopefully this rumor is true.
But then he wouldn't be able to play The Flash in a live action film. He is my number one choice and is another role he could pull off with ease.
Reply With Quote
  #946  
Old 01-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by project 86 View Post
Bearded Henry Cavill on Man Of Steel Alaskian Set





I'm telling you, this is going to be the Batman Begins of Superman films.
Reply With Quote
  #947  
Old 01-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Also, I am assuming this trilogy, the new reboot of Batman, future Green Lantern sequels, and the rumors of a Flash and Wonder Woman film being made are all going to tie together and build up to (hopefully) a Justice League movie.
Reply With Quote
  #948  
Old 01-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Noooooooooooo.....

As much faith as I have in Chris Nolan, I just can't seem to get excited for this. I liked "Watchmen" but I really wasn't over the moon as most people were about "300". I just think he's a little too obsessed with visuals and not as analytical in terms of story (see: "Sucker Punch").

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I am, because I love me some Supes...
Reply With Quote
  #949  
Old 01-10-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damen_of_Arabia View Post
As much faith as I have in Chris Nolan, I just can't seem to get excited for this. I liked "Watchmen" but I really wasn't over the moon as most people were about "300". I just think he's a little too obsessed with visuals and not as analytical in terms of story (see: "Sucker Punch").

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I am, because I love me some Supes...
Snyder didnt write this so thats a plus imo.
Reply With Quote
  #950  
Old 01-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
Snyder didnt write this so thats a plus imo.
I don't know. Some of the lines in Watchmen were straight from the comic... and yet he somehow made them suck in the movie.
Reply With Quote
  #951  
Old 01-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
I don't know. Some of the lines in Watchmen were straight from the comic... and yet he somehow made them suck in the movie.
I guess what I mean is his visual style worked well for Watchmen because the adaptation was so faithful to the source material. I thought Jackie Earle Haley and Jeffrey Dean Morgan were the standouts, and the rest of the cast was meh....
Reply With Quote
  #952  
Old 01-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Watchmen has been a film that has grown on me over the years. One of those films I hated on the first viewing, appreciated it on the second and now no longer loathe.

Snyder can pull this off.
Reply With Quote
  #953  
Old 01-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger View Post
Watchmen has been a film that has grown on me over the years. One of those films I hated on the first viewing, appreciated it on the second and now no longer loathe.

Snyder can pull this off.
Watchmen was great and is actually one of my favorite comic book films of all time. Snyder will deliver and give us a Superman film that all of us fans will appreciate and enjoy.

I SERIOUSLY CAN'T WAIT for a trailer for this. Movie is going to be fantastic and I can't wait to see Superman flying around on the big screen again.
Reply With Quote
  #954  
Old 01-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
Am i the only one that is confused by this image? The refelction is all wrong and the beam isn't even coming fom his eye....


... Anywho, I actually forgot this film is being made, surely there is a trailer due soon? Is filming done?
Reply With Quote
  #955  
Old 01-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Its a solid guess that we won't get a trailer until Batman hits theaters in July
Reply With Quote
  #956  
Old 01-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damen_of_Arabia View Post
I guess what I mean is his visual style worked well for Watchmen because the adaptation was so faithful to the source material. I thought Jackie Earle Haley and Jeffrey Dean Morgan were the standouts, and the rest of the cast was meh....
imo Billy Crudup is better than Both but his performance is incredibly subtle many people likely wont get it

he is detached from humanity but at the same time crudup did'nt make him flat and boring

he had the hardest character to perform and he nailed it
Reply With Quote
  #957  
Old 01-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damen_of_Arabia View Post
I guess what I mean is his visual style worked well for Watchmen because the adaptation was so faithful to the source material. I thought Jackie Earle Haley and Jeffrey Dean Morgan were the standouts, and the rest of the cast was meh....
I agree Haley and Morgan were the standouts. Morgan did a FANTASTIC job with The Comedian.

But the whole cast did a terrific job. Still one of the best movies I have ever seen.
Reply With Quote
  #958  
Old 01-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBuff07 View Post
Its a solid guess that we won't get a trailer until Batman hits theaters in July
That would be my guess and make most sense.
Reply With Quote
  #959  
Old 01-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Reply With Quote
  #960  
Old 01-23-2012, 03:36 PM
The suit looks better evertime I see it, especially the cape.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump