Old 10-12-2011, 11:33 AM
The Joblo Fountain of Knowledge Thread

Thought i'd start a thread where schmoes can pick the brains of their fellow schmoes for answers to any problems that may beset them.

I'll start things off...

My question is this. If I burn a data DVD on a PC will the contents be accessible on an Apple Mac?
Old 10-12-2011, 12:34 PM
They should be. The files would work on either computer.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:57 AM
So is this in regards to technology/PC related questions, or anything in general?
Old 10-13-2011, 02:39 AM
Can we post random things we learned from the day? I think that might be nice as well. It may also drum up some traffic to the forums via people on the net searching for solutions to problems.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Should work. It works on my wife's mac. We have our wedding pictures on a data dvd burned from a PC and they work just fine.

Good thread by the way
Old 10-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Well l also think this thread is good

Hopefully l might be able to use this thread as a learning tool
Old 10-15-2011, 02:49 AM
I think it's funny how the two simple questions that preceded the OP never got answered.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:14 AM
If I was an imitation. A perfect imitation. How would you know if it was really me?

Ok, seriously now. Here's my question for the brains of this forum.

What is the most effective method of shaving, and keeping facial hair from growing back quickly? Is there a way? No, I don't want a brazilian facial lol

I hate shaving. Shit. I hate it. Anyone?
Old 10-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
What is the most effective method of shaving, and keeping facial hair from growing back quickly? Is there a way? No, I don't want a brazilian facial lol

I hate shaving. Shit. I hate it. Anyone?
Shaving automatically makes it grow back thicker and ultimately faster. I believe that waxing is a form of hair removal that does not cause it to grow in faster/thicker. So shaving is your best bet, but you can try one of those nifty electric razors to make the experience much more pleasant.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Shaving automatically makes it grow back thicker and ultimately faster. I believe that waxing is a form of hair removal that does not cause it to grow in faster/thicker. So shaving is your best bet, but you can try one of those nifty electric razors to make the experience much more pleasant.

That's an old wive's tale. If it were the case, men could just shave their head and allow it to grow back to combat thinning hair.

More on itů http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hair-removal/an00638

Plucking hairs is the best way to stunt hair regrowth, akin to waxing but a slower process and the difference is that it will eventually kill the hair cells preventing regrowth completely. Laser hair removal is also up there. Both those methods, will work if you want to be a girl about it. There's probably also diet changes or something, I'd guess, since that can affect hair growth.

I don't see what the aversion to shaving is, though. I find it to be a relaxing ritual. Shaving in the shower with one of those anti-fog mirrors could make for a better experience for some people - killing two birds with one stone.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
That's an old wive's tale. If it were the case, men could just shave their head and allow it to grow back to combat thinning hair.

More on it… http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hair-removal/an00638
I've thought about that before but I had it explained to me that it only works like that with hair grown after puberty. Oh well, I read that link and Mr. Mayo seems to know what he's talking about. All I know is that my facial hair seems to get thicker and thicker compared to the peach fuzz mustache I had at 16.

I know it's hormonal, just like my hair loss. But when I'm at the bar and I explain to the ladies that my receding hair line is a result of an abundance of testosterone, they rarely seem impressed.

Last edited by DaveyJoeG; 10-15-2011 at 11:26 AM..
Old 10-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Quote:
I've thought about that before but I had it explained to me that it only works like that with hair grown after puberty. Oh well, I read that link and Mr. Mayo seems to know what he's talking about.
That made me laugh, but just so everyone not in the know like us two are clear, the Mayo Clinic is one of, if not the top rated hospital in the world.

Quote:
All I know is that my facial hair seems to get thicker and thicker compared to the peach fuzz mustache I had at 16.
Well, your body is still developing at 16. Even my armpit hair grows faster than it did when I was at that stage and I've never once shaved it.

What trips me out, and I haven't found an answer that satisfies me on this one --- I've had white hair on my chin since, at least, 16. I don't mean like peach fuzz like people assume when I tell them this, but I mean like old man white hair. I've grown a full on beard over the past few months and it's still there, but the trippy part is that more of my beard isn't grey/white. It's that same patch. Someone once suggested to me I had a childhood trauma, which seems to be the only theory that seems plausible. It suits me now, but when I was teen it was very odd -- although it came in handy on weekends when we wanted to buy beer.

Quote:
I know it's hormonal, just like my hair loss. But when I'm at the bar and I explain to the ladies that my receding hair line is a result of an abundance of testosterone, they rarely seem impressed.
If your worried about your hair loss, not sure - some people don't care - I'd try Rogaine. A lot of people have good results with it on the front part of the head, even though it only indicates being helpful on the crown. Hair loss is way easier to prevent than reverse.

Last edited by The Postmaster General; 10-15-2011 at 11:42 AM..
Old 10-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
That made me laugh, but just so everyone not in the know like us two are clear, the Mayo Clinic is one of, if not the top rated hospital in the world.
I guess it's good to clear that up. This isn't the Joblo Fountain of Smarmy Humor Thread.

Quote:
Well, your body is still developing at 16. Even my armpit hair grows faster than it did when I was at that stage and I've never once shaved it.

What trips me out, and I haven't found an answer that satisfies me on this one --- I've had white hair on my chin since, at least, 16. I don't mean like peach fuzz like people assume when I tell them this, but I mean like old man white hair. I've grown a full on beard over the past few months and it's still there, but the trippy part is that more of my beard isn't grey/white. It's that same patch. Someone once suggested to me I had a childhood trauma, which seems to be the only theory that seems plausible. It suits me now, but when I was teen it was very odd -- although it came in handy on weekends when we wanted to buy beer.
I don't have any white patches but I've always been fascinated by the inconsistent color palette of my hair. I have brown hair(blonde when I was a little boy), black eyebrows, and red facial hair. Like, wtf body? Make up your mind!

Quote:
If your worried about your hair loss, not sure - some people don't care - I'd try Rogaine. A lot of people have good results with it on the front part of the head, even though it only indicates being helpful on the crown. Hair loss is way easier to prevent than reverse.
I was at first, but my hair line has been receding very slowly since I was 21, I've had plenty of time to accept it. I looked into Rogaine but I heard enough bad things about it to turn me off from it. It's an expensive habit that you have to keep up with indefinitely or you'll lose any results. The bald look is getting more and more appealing everyday, mostly thanks to black men, but honkeys like myself are hoping to ride that train to success as well. I've also learned that specific physical features usually aren't deal breakers. Bald or not, it's confidence that is appealing to the opposite sex.

Having said that, who knows what amazing things science will do in the future. They've found a potential cure for baldness in mice:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_824551.html
Old 10-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Quote:
I don't have any white patches but I've always been fascinated by the inconsistent color palette of my hair. I have brown hair(blonde when I was a little boy), black eyebrows, and red facial hair. Like, wtf body? Make up your mind!
I get this as well. If I grow facial hair beyond a certain length it turns ginger. I had fair hair as a kid and, well I shave my head now so it's either the same or white.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:40 PM
Shaving is a pain in the ass. I know if I do it often, it won't take as long, but I'm just lazy.

My dad is jealous of me and I often tell him I'd love to switch places with him.

When I let my beard grow to much, I have to use scissors to trim it enough to where I can shave with the razor easier.

I did get a cheap electric shaver and will see how that goes.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:23 AM
I fucking hate shaving as well, pain in the balls and boring waste of time.

But if I don't, I grow a shit-patchy-garbage fucking "beard" that looks like fucking ass.

Fuck shaving.

Here's a fun fucking question:

When you wipe your ass, do you wipe front to back or back to front?
Old 10-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail_Blazer View Post
I fucking hate shaving as well, pain in the balls
Might I recommend you stop shaving your balls then.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
Might I recommend you stop shaving your balls then.
You think it'd help?
Old 10-18-2011, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail_Blazer View Post
You think it'd help?
Only one way to find out.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:33 AM
Thanks, guys. I may invest in an electric shaver. I have never owned or used one. I use blunt disposable razors. I'd say that's my problem right there, no? Lol

Thanks a bunch
Old 10-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Geez shaving of ones balls is funny

i remeber the time when a exboyfreind of mine decided to do that act as a bet with me he lost so he had to do the deed

He didnt use soap as he shaved so in the afternoon when he went to work he was scratching like mad and by the time he got home his balls were on fire

At least you guys only have to shave your face while is girls have the task of alays having to shave our legs