Old 10-26-2011, 12:59 PM
Frontiers?

Going to watch this at a buddy's this weekend. Pretty stoked cuz I've heard about it for a long time.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Was alright. Some good gore gags, other than that it's nothing special.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:20 PM
I unexpectedly came upon this little gem. Excellent movie...deeply effective. Not terribly original, but it's all in the execution.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:58 PM
I really enjoy Frontier(s). It is very derivative of films such as The Texas Chainsaw Massacre as eskimo puncher said (Welcome to the Boards, by the way; glad to have ya!), but he is right in that it is much more effective in execution than concept. I think that it is more than worth the watch.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:06 PM
I agree with MG above. It's like TCM, but French. I enjoyed it very much.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
I agree with MG above. It's like TCM, but French. I enjoyed it very much.
Yeah if you like the theme of nasty hick people doing horrible things you'll love this.

I really enjoyed it. Well acted, well made pretty memorable. Ain't got shit on Inside though.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the imput. I remember reading about it in Fangoria a while back. I forgot that it was french. Is it dubbed or subtitled?
Old 10-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Subtitled.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFrenzy View Post
Thanks for the imput. I remember reading about it in Fangoria a while back. I forgot that it was french. Is it dubbed or subtitled?
Lol! That's where I heard about it too. I really wasn't going to give it a chance until I had read about it in there and my interest was peaked. I would say that at the very least it is worth a rent, but I watched it three or four times since my first viewing, so I'm glad that I committed to the purchase.

How about that shoot-out at the end?
Old 10-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Of all the Frenchy's so far I still like High Tension the best.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Everything before they find out
Spoiler:
Yasmine is pregnant
is beyond amazing. If it wasn't for that absolutely horrible last 40 minutes, the film would be a perfect 10. Seriously, everything before the spoiler I mentioned above is fucking amazing and some of the most tense scenes I've ever seen on film.

The last 40-30 minutes turns into a dull and stupid action packed gore fest that just ruins the incredibleness of the first 2 acts.