Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Officer Bill Gannon/ Col Sherman Potter has left us

Quote:
Emmy-winning character actor Harry Morgan, whose portrayal of the fatherly Col. Potter on television's "M*A*S*H" highlighted a show business career that included nine other TV series, 50 films and the Broadway stage, died Wednesday. He was 96.

His daughter-in-law, Beth Morgan, told The Associated Press the actor died at his home in Brentwood after having pneumonia.

"He was side-splittingly funny, a very gent and loving father-in-law," Beth Morgan said. "He was very humble about having such a successful career."

Morgan appeared in mostly supporting roles on the big screen, playing opposite such stars as Henry Fonda, John Wayne, James Garner, Elvis Presley and Dan Aykroyd.

On television, he was more the comedic co-star, including roles on "December Bride," its spin-off "Pete and Gladys," as Sgt. Joe Friday's loyal partner in later "Dragnet" episodes and on CBS-TV's long-running "M*A*S*H" series, for which he earned an Emmy award in 1980.
I had no idea he was still alive.

RIP Harry! You had some career

Does not seem like 2011 had nearly as many deaths as 2010.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:46 PM
I remember him from The Shootist and Dragnet. He had a unique voice that set him apart.

RIP
Old 12-07-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm a huge M*A*S*H fan.

R.I.P.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:26 AM
Holy shit had no clue this man was still alive! Like Erroneous said I assumed he died long ago. RIP.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:32 AM
He lived a long life and left some memorable performances.
RIP
Old 12-08-2011, 04:29 PM
RIP