Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > The TV Forum
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Loved this episode. Dennis' "what?" reaction at the initial shush, I really felt like I was going to piss my pants. When he gets flustered or annoyed, I find myself laughing harder at him than anyone else on the show.

I will say though, I was fully expecting some hipster bashing in the episode too
Old 11-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
Loved this episode. Dennis' "what?" reaction at the initial shush, I really felt like I was going to piss my pants. When he gets flustered or annoyed, I find myself laughing harder at him than anyone else on the show.

I will say though, I was fully expecting some hipster bashing in the episode too
Well, the hipster probably got teabagged and/or raped after the episode, so he got bashed enough.

Another great episode. That scene in the Police Station is one of my new favorite scenes.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:29 PM
This was a great episode and I loved Sweet Dee's initial "eww" and expression after the first shush The old "Catfish" lady was hilarious and unexpected.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:12 PM
"God damn I hate gin...ahh...Dee, you bitch!"

Classic. This was definitely one of their better episodes.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:01 AM
"I hope they do hogtie you...and rape you...in the basement...for ten years."

That, the whole thing with Dee having to piss; her asking Dennis "Are you completely unfamiliar with how femles urinate?" and Mac and Charlie stuck together in the van, arguing about Indiana Jones, planning their leather shop in Arizona and their increasingly hilarious, inane stalemate over the potato chips all made this a really good one. Two in a row.

And I didn't even mention Mac's Swedish plumber...
Old 11-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Personally, I feel this was a step back from some of the absolute killer episodes they've had.

I enjoyed it overall and there were some parts where I was dying laughing. That said, this episode was almost TOO random and out-there. It just felt, I don't know, out of place. I suppose with how dark this season has gone at times, I was expecting something FAR worse for them to be trapped in a person's house.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Yeah, with how dark this season has been, I was actually expecting the husband to come home and murder everyone in the house while the Sunny Gang was hiding in the closet. No Joke.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson View Post
"I hope they do hogtie you...and rape you...in the basement...for ten years."

That, the whole thing with Dee having to piss; her asking Dennis "Are you completely unfamiliar with how femles urinate?" and Mac and Charlie stuck together in the van, arguing about Indiana Jones, planning their leather shop in Arizona and their increasingly hilarious, inane stalemate over the potato chips all made this a really good one. Two in a row.

And I didn't even mention Mac's Swedish plumber...
"I' gonna whip this little bitch in the face if she makes a peep"

And Danny DeVito pulling a E.T. and blending in perfectly with the stuffed animals. I love Kaitlin Olson's subtle awkward bow to the Southern Asians as they leave. Great episode that reminded me of The Gang Gets Held Hostage.

Kaitlin Olson and Glenn Howerton have owned this season.

Season continues to amaze me in how funny it's been. This might be my number three after Jersey Shore and CharDee MacDennis (I think that might be one of the most rewatchable episodes they ever did, so many hilarious lines I missed on my first few viewings due to the gang yelling over each other).
Old 11-11-2011, 11:21 AM
I just loved the fact that this episode began with them already in the middle of their misguided adventure! And how Dennis laments the fact that all these crazy ideas and schemes escalate into absolute absurdity!

Haha....died when I saw Frank pulling an E.T. amongst all the stuffed animals!

Oh man and the look and pause on Mac's face when they ask Charlie why he doesn't get to push the walkie talkie button....freakin' priceless!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 06:40 PM
"Charlie doesn't know what a diversion is, apparently. He just ran directly into the house."
Old 11-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Like I said, some very, very funny moments but I felt there was a lot of downtime too with not many laughs.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Rewatching it and I'm dying at Mac calling the fast food restaurant the hamburger store.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 11-11-2011 at 08:59 PM..
Old 11-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastahamsta View Post
Yeah, with how dark this season has been, I was actually expecting the husband to come home and murder everyone in the house while the Sunny Gang was hiding in the closet. No Joke.
That reminds me of Dirty Work where they are planting the fishin the noisy neighbors house, then they come home, smell fish, think it is a code word for the cops and then everyone gets murdered (All while the camera stays on Artie Lang & Norm Macdonalds face, while they hilariously change their facial expressions... an extremely hilarious scene)

I enjoyed the episode a lot.

But am i the only one pining for the days when Charlie tries to be something he is not? Meaning, like when he talks like a lawyer "Filibuster" and he just uses all the lawyer words out of context. And when he was Serpico.. fucking hilarious!
Old 11-12-2011, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
That reminds me of Dirty Work where they are planting the fishin the noisy neighbors house, then they come home, smell fish, think it is a code word for the cops and then everyone gets murdered (All while the camera stays on Artie Lang & Norm Macdonalds face, while they hilariously change their facial expressions... an extremely hilarious scene)

I enjoyed the episode a lot.

But am i the only one pining for the days when Charlie tries to be something he is not? Meaning, like when he talks like a lawyer "Filibuster" and he just uses all the lawyer words out of context. And when he was Serpico.. fucking hilarious!
Well, Charlie was vomiting blood Ted Turner in Frank's Pretty Woman.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Another riot of an episode. I was laughing out loud for the better part of the whole episode. They did a great job with the back story to Mac's weight gain.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:17 PM
First episode that absolutely cracked me up since the first one of the season.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:15 PM

Dee: "No Africa for you, huh?"
Old 11-18-2011, 06:56 PM
I really wasn't digging this until the last five minutes. Everything from when The Gang got high on turpentine till the end was perfection. Oh my god at Charlie's dance to Dennis/Dennis' facial expressions. I almost spit out my water at Dee's hilarious line while she's doing her weird inflatable tubeman P-Diddy boat dance.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:34 AM
Really excellent episode tonight, structured almost like the Seinfeld episode where they all went to the mall to see a movie together (which happens to be my favorite single show of that series), although, obviously, with the Paddy's Pub gang involved, it was a lot meaner and more low grade.

Mac and that motorcycle is one of the funniest things I've seen in months.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Frank recollecting some of their better moments to the Asian tour group had me nearly pissing my pants.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:11 PM
I need to find a way to work "Hangs Dong" and Thundergun (as a verb) into my vernacular.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Very funny episode. Frank as the boat guide was hilarious, as was Dee and Charlie's moments in the sewer.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:22 PM
I really liked the reunion episode last night. My fav quote would have to be "See you later DirtGrub and Ronny the Rat, hope you suck each others rotten peckers until you get mouth cancer."
Old 12-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Last night's episode = instant classic. Definitely all ready top 10 for me in the show's run.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:55 PM
The look on Dennis' face as Mac reluctantly uncovered his nametag was brilliant, too.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson View Post
The look on Dennis' face as Mac reluctantly uncovered his nametag was brilliant, too.
Yeah, that was a highlight for me. I can't wait to see where they go with part 2 next week.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:40 PM
So, I'm pretty sure the waitress' name was revealed too. Pretty sure she's the Nikki on Frank's name tag because no one calls her anything during the reunion and they did say she was the most forgettable girl at school.

"Nikki you look different."
"Yeah, I'm, uh, I'm a guy now."
Old 12-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Nah, Glenn Howerton already denied it. Pretty certain they said the Waitresses name will never be revealed.

Speaking of her, she plays a GREAT drunk. Just like her husband
Old 12-10-2011, 11:06 PM
That's what I was thinking, too, since she said she couldn't find her nametag.

She really should, maybe on the last episode, be welcomed as a full member of the gang. She's not quite as clueless and sociopathic as the rest of them but in terms of sheer pitifulness, she's in the same ballpark.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:17 PM
I would like to see at some point, Charlie bang her but he is so effin' wasted or messed up he will never remember the experience. That would be hilarious.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Her response to Dee - "I know you, bitch. I know you, bitch."

Listen, I'm drunk enough most nights and hang around A LOT of drunks and her delivery was amazing. I'm hoping she was half in the bag when she delivered that line
Old 12-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Glenn Howerton was frightening last night. That speech about his tools was incredible. It took about four episodes or so, but Dennis from Storm Of The Century till the end was the best character of the season. I don't know how much farther they can push the character next season unless he becomes a full blown serial killer.

Other moments I loved from last night:

The cut to how The Gang was really dancing with everyone sweaty and Fat Mac yelling had me rolling. The shot of his sweat covered gut while he tiredly yelled was the perfect ending for Fat Mac.

Dee's ultra pathetic and desperate attempt to insult Fatty McGoo which was so awkward that it became kind of uncomfortable (Still nowhere near Dennis and what was in his trunk).

Kaitlin Olson's Frankenstein esque comical body movements in the backbrace and the creaking noise it made whenever she moved.

"When life gives you lemons, you gotta jam 'em down somebody's throat 'till they see yellow!"

Charlie's speech before the dance.

The ending with Schmidty out of nowhere and more drunk Waitress. I hope more her downward spiral is explored in Season 8 and she plays an amazing drunk.

Great ending to an amazing season. I'll probably rank the episodes after I rewatch both parts of this in order.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 12-16-2011 at 11:28 PM..
Old 12-17-2011, 12:26 AM
I would just like to mention here that I really love Judy Greer.

Thanks.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:25 AM
The only worthwhile bits were Dennis losing his shit and the dance number. Both of these last two episodes were basically just all call back jokes that bordered on self-fellation.

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 12-17-2011 at 01:27 AM..
Old 12-17-2011, 02:18 AM
Certainly not the best Sunny finale, I agree.

But holy shit what they've turned Dennis into, I love. His "tools" are a video camera, gloves, tape, and zip ties
Old 12-17-2011, 06:51 PM
I also agree the season finale wasn't good but the dance scene was the funniest moment.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Loved all the callbacks. It felt very appropriate that a reunion episode had a lot of jokes that reminded us of previous seasons (Dennis' system of getting girls was my favorite call-back other than Schmitty showing up at the end).

Fun episode, and pretty solid season. Couple true gems (How Mac Got Fat absolutely slayed me), but mostly just par for the course. But for this show, that's not a bad thing.