Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Twilight -I am just sick of the whole vampire thing.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Alexander-I kept sliding out of my seat with boredom
10.00 B.C.-luckily I had free tickets to that
Lost in Translation-I'm the only one, but this film bores me to death
The Goonies-I HATE this movie, ugh
Old 12-07-2011, 12:18 AM
MonkeyGoat, I've tried three times to watch Lost in Translation but I can never seem to finish it.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyGoat View Post
The Goonies-I HATE this movie, ugh

Whaaa???!?!?
Old 12-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail_Blazer View Post
Mine:

-The first LOTR movie (Never finished it, despite trying 2 or 3 times - which made it so I had ZERO desire to watch either of the sequels)

-The Pirates of the Caribbean (the first one, but I finished this - And still had no desire to see the other two *now three* sequels)

-Syriana

-The New World

-Michael Clayton

-Water World

-Master & Commander

-I'm Not There

-Oceans 12

There are so many more that just didn't pick up or spark my interest within the first 30 minutes or so. No matter if I'm watching it at home or at a theatre, if it doesn't get me interested in the first 30 mins, I'll turn it off/walk out. With the exception of said POTC movie, all of the above I couldn't finish. Just couldn't.

The only exception to this was Lost in Translation. I was in shit mood when I first watched it, and didn't give it a chance. But I kept reading review after great review about it, and decided to give it a second shot. I loved it upon second viewing, but that rarely happens with me.
Save for Water World I like/love all of these films.

My choice is always Gods and Generals. Holy hell.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Some of them have already been mentioned, but still...

2001: A Space Odyssey. Just getting through that psychedelic light show at the end that seems to go on forever was an endurance test. This movie's really well made but it's dull as shit.

The Thin Red Line. Fell asleep when they were taking the hill and woke up when George Clooney was doing his monologue. I wondered what the hell had happened during that time.

Paranoid Park and Gerry. Slow moving, dull, pretentious, pointless. Gus Van Sant can go fuck himself.

And more recently, In Time. Boring as all hell and a huge disappointment considering the awesome premise it had (the first half hour was alright, it went down the toilet right after). And am I the only that thought this movie looked cheap (location-wise)?
Old 12-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Transformers
Old 12-08-2011, 10:53 PM
2001: A Space Odyssey. Just getting through that psychedelic light show at the end that seems to go on forever was an endurance test. This movie's really well made but it's dull as shit.

I can see that, 2010 is better anyway
Old 12-09-2011, 07:06 PM
If you guys think "2001" is dull, I'd LOVE to see you try to sit through a Tarkovsky or Antonioni film.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:36 AM
THE WHITE RIBBON!