Old 01-21-2006, 08:18 AM
Michelle Williams

One of my newest crushes. It wasn't until recently that I became smitten with the lovely Michelle Williams after seeing her latest film and at award shows. A real cutie but also a very talented young actress.

I recall her from her Dawson's Creek days, I'm not a big fan of the show itself but I've always thought her showed potential in it, and as far as looks go, she surpasses Katie Holmes by leaps and bounds.

I've also seen her in Dick and Halloween: H20, neither were great films, but once again, there's always that special 'something' about her, it can't really be described but once you notice even the most brief glimpses of talent in a newcomer, you know it's definitely there. That's the case with Michelle.

And then, I heard praises of her work in Brokeback Mountain, and I hoped that the film would confirm my earlier assumptions of her hidden talents, and I was right. She gave by far the best supporting female performance of the year with an endearing, sympathetic performance that had all the vulnerability to make us share a strong emotional connection with her character through the worries and pain she demonstrates in the film, a remarkable piece of acting that matches both Ledger and Gyllenhaal's. I'll be sure to root for her at the Oscars (btw, when are they announced? I'm not up to date here).

I definitely hope to see more of her in the future after Brokeback.

Big YAY from me.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:39 AM
YAY, attractive and also a very good actress
Old 01-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Nay. I just find her at best average, disliked her and her character on Dawson's Creek, and have not liked anything else she has done. Sorry, but talk about the wrong stuff in my opinion!
Old 02-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Michelle Williams

Yay. I never saw her on Dawson's Creek, but I first noticed her in "Dick" and she's had some great performances since then.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:28 AM
Anyone from Dawson's Creek automatically gets a yay from me (it's one of my favorite shows!) and she is certainly no exception. Very lovely and a good actress!
Old 02-06-2006, 03:28 AM
Yay. I saw Dick but I don't really remember her performance particularly. And I never saw Dawson's Creek. But like Hannibal21, it was her performance in Brokeback Mountain that did it for me. Definitely one to watch out for and pretty damn hot.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:24 AM
Michelle Williams

Will Michelle Williams win Best Actress for "My Week with Marilyn"?

http://www.goldderby.com/films/news/...minations.html
Old 11-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Big YAY for Michelle. As everyone stated above (a few years ago, lol) she definitely got her "serious acting" breakout performance with Brokeback Mountain, and she's been in countless great projects since. Her work in Blue Valentine was some of 2010's best acting.

I also think she's quite beautiful, her face is rather unique.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:27 AM
Her career has been very impressive the last several years. After "Dawson's Creek," she didn't settle for romcoms or your regular fare, but she's done interesting, thought-provoking, and maybe even controversial roles. Big Yay for her.

The fact that she's not too bad on the eyes doesn't hurt either.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Michelle Williams is an incredible actress. Check her out in Blue Valentine.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:19 AM
I never thought she was THAT beautiful . . . that is, until My Week With Marilyn. She was so gorgeous in it and deserves Best Actress.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Her new hair just kills me.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:53 PM
She's a strong contender for best actress of her generation and she is, if I may lapse into a moment of blunt erotic appraisal, a real stiffener, too. Very reminiscent of Jennifer Jason Leigh.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:19 PM
I think she's absolutely beautiful (especially with the elfin haircut adamjohnson just posted) and a stunning actress to boot.

LOVE. HER.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:25 PM

Old 12-20-2011, 05:46 PM
She's the only one that looks good with a pixie cut.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razgriz21 View Post
She's the only one that looks good with a pixie cut.
Very not true.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:54 AM
Actually, I could name a lot of women (Halle Berry, Alyssa Milano, Morena Baccarin) who've pulled it off. It's a good test of real beauty because it focuses your attention on a girl's face.

Looking at these pics, I love this fingers in the mouth thing Michelle has developed, for reasons obvious and subtle alike.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Turgidson View Post
Actually, I could name a lot of women (Halle Berry, Alyssa Milano, Morena Baccarin) who've pulled it off. It's a good test of real beauty because it focuses your attention on a girl's face.

Looking at these pics, I love this fingers in the mouth thing Michelle has developed, for reasons obvious and subtle alike.
I'd also include the following,

Audrey Tautou

Carey Mulligan

Natalie Portman

Old 12-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Carey Mulligan suits it the best. She is so very beautiful.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:04 PM
I think Emma does. She's like a modern day Twiggy.

But I definitely have a fetish for these things.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Natalie Portman looks almost Vulcan in that last shot BCV posted. She should do a cameo in a Trek film walking down a hall with a Wookie in a starfleet uniform.

As far as Ms. Williams goes, she proves herself every time she's in front of a camera. Huge YAY from me.