Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Upcoming Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
Apparently Damien Echols is going to have a small role in The Hobbit. From death row to what will probably be the highest grossing film of 2012.
That is absolutely amazing news. It is both very generous of Peter Jackson and speaks a lot for his character to do such a thing.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_verhoeven View Post
Yeah, one of the many things that made LOTR that great was this composer. The layers in that score are incredible, and making the Hobbit without him seems wrong.

That latest blog is fantastic...but when is the teaser coming out? It's 2012 right? So on LOTR they had a very early trailer for FOTR, but for TTT and ROTK they had not so many. I hope with one of the December-releases but it could also be in Blockbuster-season starting in May and a full trailer in September/Oktober.

If I was a marketeer, I would hold. This movie is gonna sell itself, the name and fame of the LOTR-movies is that big. Wait until May for a teaser, and a full trailer in Oktober/November and when that trailer airs start a big push. But I would love to see a teaser earlier of course...
I was hoping for a teaser trailer THIS Christmas.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Space View Post
Has anyone else noticed that PJ up and got fat again?
Not as fat as he was... but he's getting there. : ?
Old 11-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Andy Serkis says that we'll get a Hobbit trailer about Christmas time.

JOY!

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2011...und-christmas/
Old 11-17-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis_Driftwood View Post
Andy Serkis says that we'll get a Hobbit trailer about Christmas time.

JOY!

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2011...und-christmas/
WOOOOOO
Old 12-20-2011, 04:16 AM
This message-board is way too quiet!

Mr Fry gave an interview describing his character:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...he-hobbit.html

And the trailer will premiere today!!!! I can't wait to see Middle Earth again!
Old 12-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossk View Post
This message-board is way too quiet!

Mr Fry gave an interview describing his character:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...he-hobbit.html

And the trailer will premiere today!!!! I can't wait to see Middle Earth again!
Dude, didn't you know? This is The Dark Knight Rises board...

Anyway, definitely excited for the trailer.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:29 PM
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=85322

Almost makes me shed a tear.....
Old 12-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBuff07 View Post
I sort of did when it showed the Dwarves rushing the trolls...

2012, holy fuck
Old 12-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Good trailer though I wasn't a fan of the singing in the middle of the trailer. I know there's some singing in the book and such but it just felt weird within the context of the trailer
Old 12-21-2011, 01:06 AM
Sweet , to hear the voice of Gollum again!
Old 12-21-2011, 01:41 AM
I know this film will definitely deliver (if theres one thing that Peter Jackson knows, its Middle Earth) but the trailer was pretty underwhelming imo.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:21 AM
I don't know anymore now which movie I'm looking forward to more next year: this or The Dark Knight Rises!

AMAZING trailer!
Old 12-21-2011, 03:58 AM
Looking forward to this to bad i have to wait a year
Old 12-21-2011, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface98.9 View Post
Good trailer though I wasn't a fan of the singing in the middle of the trailer. I know there's some singing in the book and such but it just felt weird within the context of the trailer

It was opposite for me...I got the chili willis.

Can't freaking wait.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuatroDiablos View Post
It was opposite for me...I got the chili willis.

Can't freaking wait.

It reminded me of when Aarogorn sang in Return of the King. They kind of had a similar sounding voice. And I thought Viggo sang surprisingly well too.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
It reminded me of when Aarogorn sang in Return of the King. They kind of had a similar sounding voice. And I thought Viggo sang surprisingly well too.
My thoughts exactly! Similar voice, at least in the part they showed
Old 12-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Pumped! I liked how the trailer was a slow burn. Jackson didn't want to give away any of the goods, keep us in suspense.

Gonna have to read the book again before the release.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:23 AM
It's been years since I've read the book but a lot came back to me during this trailer. I have total faith in Mr. Jackson. This film will no doubt be epic and it's certainly at the very top of my must-see list.

That trailer gave me serious chills.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm a huge fan of LOTR but that trailer was underwhelming. The best thing about it is that Martin Freeman is proving to be the perfect casting choice. But the way Gollum came in the end and saying precious for no reason, it was blatant manipulation for people to get excited. When the marketing becomes so obvious, my interest crumbles. The singing was a nice touch though and I'm excited to see Gandalf again.

But honestly though, that trailer has nothing on TDKR.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMovieMan View Post
But honestly though, that trailer has nothing on TDKR.
These films are not really comparable, therefore I see no contest between the trailers from The Hobbit and TDKR. Looking forward to both movies though.
2012 will be a good Movie-year.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossk View Post
These films are not really comparable, therefore I see no contest between the trailers from The Hobbit and TDKR. Looking forward to both movies though.
2012 will be a good Movie-year.
Apart from being the two biggest blockbusters of next year, I agree completely. Totally different with each their own huge fanbase.

If 2012 is better than 2011 we're in for a treat.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:56 PM
I still get that anti climactic feel with the Hobbit but no matter, the trailer exceeded expectations.

Jackson and company have done it again in bold, convincing fashion, it's like 2001 all over again.

Watching the trailer i felt as if no time has passed at all since Rotk was released, this should be the highlight of 2012.

You can see all the labor that was put into this effort up there on the screen, i'm positively in awe again with what has been done.

The theme song is brilliant also, instant classic
Old 12-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Trailer actually gave me goosebumps. Beautiful. I loved the singing, personally.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:36 PM
I cracked up during the part where the one dwarf fell. It certainly has that Jackson charm that i remember from the LOTR series and considering this is split in two films, Jackson will definitely get a good hold of the plot.

I'll be there opening day.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:46 PM
I thought the trailer was just so so. It was great to see Gandalf again and also some of the action looked great (for a split second or two). The singing, I am sure it will fit into the movie, just seemed odd and misplaced in the trailer and more distracting than entertaining. The scenery shots just looked breath taking. I could sit through 2 hours of just scenery shots if Peter Jackson directed them I bet. Oh well, it was a good start to what is going to be a great film. Hopefully I can find a baby sitter on opening night. I got to see the midnight showings for 2/3 of the original trilogy and would like to make it to this one too.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:52 PM
IMO the trailer was perfect and the singing in the middle made the hairs on my neck stand up. The reverence the other dwarves had at the singing of the story of the "Desolation of Smaug" a great touch.

It looks great.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Loved the trailer. It looked and felt just like the LOTR movies. Less than year to go.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
Loved the trailer. It looked and felt just like the LOTR movies. Less than year to go.
I agree 100% I am totally all in. Was the trailer for one movie or two? And I thought I heard there were to be three movies?
Old 12-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Just to be able to see more Rings films in theaters from Peter Jackson is such an amazing thought....I was 15 when Fellowship came out, its easily the Star Wars of my generation....watching the extended cuts just sucks you into that world like no other films before or since...IMO. One. More. Year. Ughhh
Old 12-23-2011, 06:49 AM
Looks like these dwarves are more confident with horses than Gimli was in The Two Towers

http://www-images.theonering.org/tor...obJedHorse.jpg
Old 12-23-2011, 08:11 AM
I'm sorry, but I wasn't impressed at all. I read The Hobbit as a kid and it bored me to death in comparison to LOTR. Plus, I don't understand why they need to make two movies when the book is shorter than all three LOTR books.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Production video blog nr 5 is online, mainly concerning the logistics of filming outdoors in New Zealand.
Some nice footage of characters and locations.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=2&theater
Old 12-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
Plus, I don't understand why they need to make two movies when the book is shorter than all three LOTR books.
That's easy...$$$
Old 12-25-2011, 08:07 PM
I have watched the trailer about 10 times now and it still looks great, singing is still out of place in the trailer, but it is a great trailer and is getting me pumped up for sure.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
I'm sorry, but I wasn't impressed at all. I read The Hobbit as a kid and it bored me to death in comparison to LOTR. Plus, I don't understand why they need to make two movies when the book is shorter than all three LOTR books.
Boy your tough.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Boy your tough.
Man you're rough.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Over the past week I have been watching the extended editions and then watching the special features after each film (I hadn't seen the special features before). Not only do I love these films more than I ever did, but seeing the process really made me confident that these upcoming two films will be great. They really spent a lot of time planning and refining and really pushed each other to make a great film. I don't think something like The Lovely Bones had that kind of preparation and unity amongst the cast and crew.

Oh, and that bit in the Return of the King special features where it is Wood's last scene and he's nailing every take, but Jackson keeps making him do takes because he doesn't want it to end would be enough for even the biggest of LOTR haters to get a bit misty eyed.

As for the trailer, I'm just glad we got some footage. It was a good tease.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:28 PM
I am embarassed to admit that I had completely forgotten about the teaser until now (the holiday has been extremely stressful), but now that I've seen it, I CANNOT wait. It looks every bit as good as I thought it would, though I was surprised they kept that dwarven song (though it was well done). For me, this is particularly special as it was the LOTR trilogy that got me interested in films in general. I agree with Bourne's point about PJ taking his time with this and the LOTR films, as it really shows.

Man, 2012 is going to be loaded when it comes to films. Between blockbusters like this and TDKR, as well as award-caliber films like Lincoln (to name just a handful of awesome-looking films), it looks like 2012 will have something for everyone. If the world does end, at least we will go out in style film-wise.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corran horn View Post
If the world does end, at least we will go out in style film-wise.
But I want to see part two of the Hobbit as well!!!!!!