Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2011, 07:06 AM
American Idol really doesn't make a winner that rich? Simon Cowell got the dough

Music executive and television producer Simon Cowell was born and raised in England and has a net worth of $320 million and an annual salary of $75 million. After a smattering of odd jobs in his youth, Simon was given employment by his father, Eric Philip Cowell, an executive at EMI Music Publishing.

Success came from not just music artists but novelty releases based on popular television icons as the time, such as The Wiggles and Mighty Morphine Power Rangers. In 2001, Cowell became a judge on the British television reality show Pop Idol, which in turn spawned a worldwide franchise now seen in over 100 countries. Cowell moved on to judge Pop Idol spin-off American Idol, now in its tenth season, with a salary at $33 million per season since 2006. Cowell uses his newest label, Syco, as a platform to release records from the talent seen on its sister company, Syco TV, which produces television shows The X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent and its subsequent licensed sister show, America’s Got Talent. Forbes named Cowell as the top earner in U.S. primetime television, bringing in $75 million between June 2008 and June 2009. 2010 was Cowell’s final year as a host of American Idol, instead he will host his own show The X Factor.

-------

Here are what the winners of the first three seasons of American Idol are worth!!!

Season 1: First and Second Place winners

Kelly Clarkson - the only one to have reasonable money and the very first winner. She is worth $24 million

Justin Guarini - $1000 [that is correct; he has $1000 left]

Season 2: First and Second Place winners

Rubin Studdard [I'm not the only one to forget that he was the winner. Clay pops up too often as the winner and he was not] - $3 million

Clay Aiken - $4 million

Season 3: Winner

Fantasia Barrino - $1 million

----------

So give up those fantasies of being massively rich if you win American Idol...

Stars Justin Bieber [worth $85 million] and Taylor Swift [$70 million], on the other hand, actually can afford to spend some of their earnings...

The American Idol winners just keep dwindling season by season and in 5 years we will probably never hear from any of them again

Last edited by cooper.bradley71@yahoo.com; 12-11-2011 at 07:11 AM..
Old 12-11-2011, 09:04 AM
I'm sure if you look at how much Carrie Underwood is worth, you would find she is worth more than any of the above.

When people enter Idol they believe they will become famous, but their fame is short lived.

You have to have a career to get rich, and know how to budget your money. With Idol, once the season is over, it is up to that season's cast to prove their worth. I always felt it was wrong that Idol never did more to promote their previous season's winner, but that is how they are. Time to move on to the next crop.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:14 PM
I don't give a fuck how much these people make. Why is the general public SO fascinated with the salaries of celebrities and sports personalities? It's really NONE of anyone's fucking business but the people who are making the money, in my mind.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail_Blazer View Post
I don't give a fuck how much these people make. Why is the general public SO fascinated with the salaries of celebrities and sports personalities? It's really NONE of anyone's fucking business but the people who are making the money, in my mind.
People are jealous and hate the idea that someone makes more than they do. If they were in the same position, they would be pushing for the same amount or more.

You should get as much as you can, if you don't, someone else will.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:14 PM
The prize is a recording contract. Not cash. I'm not sure why this is even an issue.

Some will do well with a contract. Others will never get anywhere with it. The contestants are competing for an opportunity to be great, not a guarantee.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:45 AM
So when we see past winners in the audience, it's actually an occupy protest.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
So when we see past winners in the audience, it's actually an occupy protest.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:02 PM
Simon is the worst judge ever.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
The prize is a recording contract. Not cash. I'm not sure why this is even an issue.

Some will do well with a contract. Others will never get anywhere with it. The contestants are competing for an opportunity to be great, not a guarantee.
Exactly. How many people get a college education and do nothing with it? They want to blame others for their failures when they did nothing with it.

There are no guarantees. All this prize offers is a chance to get your name into households across the country, and it is up to the winner to make great music. Why do some winners do better than others? Maybe because they are willing to put the work in to earn it?