Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Horror Movie talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2011, 05:03 PM
For the love of God, please tell me what movie this is...

Alright folks, I didn't actually see this movie, but I remember about 8 or 9 years ago I was looking through the VHS section of Movie Gallery's Horror section (before they sold everything, in which I picked up a decent portion of them...) and they had a whole shitload of em. But, this one sticks out, because damn if I can't remember the title.

Either way, the cover was some dark color scheme, and it had this illustrated vampire bat-ish face on the front... that was pretty much the cover.I don't know if it was supposed to be a werewolf or a vampire film, but I can not remember the title, I think it might have started with an L or a K, but... I haven't seen it since. Can anyone help me out here?
Old 01-15-2011, 04:50 PM
HP Lovecrafts Unnamble?
Lurking Fear?
Old 01-15-2011, 05:39 PM
After looking at Unnameable, that MIGHT have been it, but I'm still a bit unsure.

From what I remember it was an illustrated picture, the face took up most of the box.

Can anyone think of any other possibilities?
Old 01-16-2011, 12:18 AM
My guess - Dagon. For the same reason, randomly saw the box art in a store years ago.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264508/

80% face, blue, vampire-ish...it fits the bill. And it's a Lovecraft adaptation apparently.

(On a different note, weird first post...almost forgot I even had an account here, but I figured I'd offer my suggestion).
Old 01-16-2011, 03:02 AM
Nah, it isn't Dagon either.

Shit.

Well, I appreciate the help all the same.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:54 AM
one of the subspecies films? some of them had close-ups of the main char. / vampire Radu?

just a huge pic of a vampire like creature is all you recall? hm. trying here haha.

i had a similar problem with a movie i saw at a corner store mom n' pop video store as a kid...i slept over a friends and went around the video store with him and ended up seeing an old 80s horror VHS of a movie that looked so snazzy/nifty...I tracked it down on the internet and found nothing but terrible reviews so forgot about it, but over time I keep trying to remember what it was. So I feel your pain!
Old 01-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Is it Link?
Old 01-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Salems Lot?
Old 02-01-2011, 04:33 PM
frailty? the guy on the cover looks like a vamp
Old 02-09-2011, 01:22 AM
The Night Flier?
Old 02-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Terrorvision
Old 02-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Nah, it's none of these.... shite.

Ah well, I appreciate the help all the same, not like there's much of a description to go by.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:04 AM
Vamp with Grace Jones?
Old 02-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Is this it?

If not here are some other guesses.

Innocent Blood
Dead Of Night
Children Of The Night

Last edited by Matchbox225; 02-20-2011 at 03:55 PM..
Old 02-22-2011, 03:08 AM
I looked up a couple boxes for Dead of Night, one of em comes close.... I know it was definitely in that motif.

From my memory, it looked like it would be more of a werewolf movie, just the wolf face looked like a vampire bat or something to that nature.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Howling: The Freaks ? Deals with Vamps and Werewolves, I remember the original cover had the werewolf on it but it could easily be led off as a vamp...?
Old 02-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Nah, it definitely wouldn't have been that.

Shit. I have absolutely no fucking clue what this movie possibly could have been... ha!
Old 06-14-2011, 04:06 AM
Holy shit, I believe I FINALLY figured out what movie it was!!!!!

Stumbled onto it completely by accident, and it definitely wasn't any of these movies.

It's called IN THE SHADOW OF KILIMANJARO, and it has John Rhys-Davies in it.

Of course, I'm not COMPLETELY sure it's the same one, given that the encounter with the VHS box was right around 10 years ago and I was 10 years old, but.... looking at it, it's definitely ringing extremely familiar, and it matches that face I've been remembering to a tee.

Cool! I'll have to check it out and see if the annoying mystery was worth it.

Oh yeah - it's apparently about killer baboons. I was off a little bit, ha ha!
Old 06-14-2011, 12:46 PM
I was close (Link is a "killer monkey" flick). Do I win a consolation prize?
Old 06-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Here's an invisible copy of Cannibal Corpse's original demo tape, signed by Bob Rusay.

I guess it makes sense, I remember it having a screwed up sounding name. I'm gonna have to buy a copy now, given that I spent damn near 10 years wondering about it, ha ha.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:59 PM

There's the cover, for all interested.

Yep, that's the one.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:53 PM
I have now bought the tape and it is in my collection as of yesterday. Going to watch tonight and see if the irritating mystery was worth it.