#5241  
Old 12-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
Okay, you mention two QBs and have four rows of stats. Are the first two rows over 2 seasons for the old QB and the last two rows over two seasons for the new QB? And which QB are you asking for . . . the old or the new (or both)?
ONE qb and his stats for 4 years. After the second season a new QB was drafted, but did not play.
Reply With Quote
  #5242  
Old 12-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Gonna go with Brett Favre (final answer).
Reply With Quote
  #5243  
Old 12-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Good guess, but .......................are you ready?......................................

Drew Brees. Yeah! I know you forgot or surprised. 4-12 in 2003 and Brees was hurt a lot. He was not seen as a winner and Rivers (Manning) was drafted.

What is my point? You never know what can become of a player and perception matters. Tebow is viewed as a winner and many people like him. I dont care one way or the other if Tebow succeeds. I just think the media rip him way too much and make excuses too much and I hope he proves them all wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #5244  
Old 12-28-2011, 02:33 PM
I completely agree, you never know. And like you, I don't care. I don't care if he goes on to become a Hall of Fame quarterback and shuts his critics up. And I don't care if he continues to struggle as a passer, ends up fading into obscurity and is remembered as a college quarterback only . . . shutting his followers up.

All I know is I believe he's got a long way to go to become a Super Bowl winning quarterback, much less a Hall of Famer.
Reply With Quote
  #5245  
Old 12-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
All I know is I believe he's got a long way to go to become a Super Bowl winning quarterback, much less a Hall of Famer.
Its a good thing that he has a superbowl winning hall of famer commited to mentoring him this off season. His footwork needs a lot more work than his throwing motion. Im a huge Tebow supporter and Bronco fan, but I do get annoyed with all the media pundits yammering all the time about him. BUT ITS NOT TEBOWS FAULT, he is a humble and polite young man that always deflects praise to the people around him. It is the media that whipped up the shitstorm, they are like ravenous wolves in a feeding frenzy and Tebow is just a juicy morsel they are taking every bite out of that they can.
Reply With Quote
  #5246  
Old 12-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Not just Elway, but I think John Fox is a good coach to be under when you're learning the ropes. Fox made Jake Delhomme into a decent quarterback at Carolina.
Reply With Quote
  #5247  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
Not just Elway, but I think John Fox is a good coach to be under when you're learning the ropes. Fox made Jake Delhomme into a decent quarterback at Carolina.
I never thought Delhomme was a good qb. Nor do I think John Fox is a guy to train young qbs. Fox is a defensive guy. Delhomme has one great year and lived on the huge pass play. Something the Eagles have lived off of for years and have netted them nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #5248  
Old 01-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Delhomme went to the Super Bowl . . . lost, of course, but he put up decent enough numbers (thanks partly to a great running game) to get the Panthers there.


Tim Tebow today . . . 6-22, 60 yards, INT, fumble lost.

Long way to go.
Reply With Quote
  #5249  
Old 01-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Way to back in to the playoffs, Denver.
Pittsburgh's gonna murder you next week.

I see the Pats or Steelers representing the AFC against either the Packers or Saints.

I'd be happy with Green Bay or New Orleans winning another Championship.

Should be a hell of a Playoffs.
Reply With Quote
  #5250  
Old 01-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
Delhomme went to the Super Bowl . . . lost, of course, but he put up decent enough numbers (thanks partly to a great running game) to get the Panthers there.


Tim Tebow today . . . 6-22, 60 yards, INT, fumble lost.

Long way to go.
Delhomme sucks. Always did. All he did that year and esp the Super Bowl is have big throwing plays.

Tebow has a long way to go and he is not that good against good teams. KC in this case now under the control of Romeo C had a great scheme and that is why he did so bad. That and seriously???? What the fuck is the Denver O Coord doing???? I am pretty sure they have to shoulder some of the blame. They cant draw up a few easy pitch and catch plays???
Reply With Quote
  #5251  
Old 01-01-2012, 11:50 PM
My thoughts on the playoff games coming up

AFC
Denver vs Pittsburgh - yeah Tebow who has been shit in the past 3 weeks vs the Steelers D yeah good luck with that I would say Mendenhall's injury might be a break but he's been shit all year so it won't make much of a difference

Houston vs Cincinnati - Good for the Bengals glad they got in and a huge surprise this year. Andy Dalton or Jake Delhomme? yeah this isn't close for me the amazment is Delhomme is in the NFL still something I didn't know until 30 mins ago

NFC
NY Giants vs Atlanta - very exciting matchup actually both exciting matchups are in the NFC and the Giants are on a roll the past couple weeks don't like their D much could get the win here since Falcons aren't a great team on the road

New Orleans vs Detroit - The Lions 1st playoff appearance since 1999 and they get Drew Brees and the Saints yeah if you couldn't stop Matt Flynn and the Packers B squad what chance do you have against these guys.

I'll do my post mortem Redskins post tomorrow and what they need for next year(hint its something we haven't had in damn near 20 years)
Reply With Quote
  #5252  
Old 01-02-2012, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
Way to back in to the playoffs, Denver.
Pittsburgh's gonna murder you next week.

I see the Pats or Steelers representing the AFC against either the Packers or Saints.

I'd be happy with Green Bay or New Orleans winning another Championship.

Should be a hell of a Playoffs.

Yeah, I can see that scenario exactly. The Pack will more than likely make a return trip and win it again, but I see Pittsburgh or New England in for the AFC, too.
Reply With Quote
  #5253  
Old 01-02-2012, 10:45 AM
I am laughing at the Jets. Usually I do not like to kick a team when they are down, but I hate the Jets. Rex talks all the time and all I heard all year was, "Two straight AFC games." Well that is over. Now it is "did not make the playoffs." The team has been an embarrassment. Always having issues and problems not related tp football. I am so glad they did not get the help they need again this year and did not make the playoffs.
Reply With Quote
  #5254  
Old 01-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
I am laughing at the Jets. Usually I do not like to kick a team when they are down, but I hate the Jets. Rex talks all the time and all I heard all year was, "Two straight AFC games." Well that is over. Now it is "did not make the playoffs." The team has been an embarrassment. Always having issues and problems not related tp football. I am so glad they did not get the help they need again this year and did not make the playoffs.
You and me both. Now I'm just counting down the days to when Rex Ryan predicts the Jets to win the Super Bowl again.
Reply With Quote
  #5255  
Old 01-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
I am laughing at the Jets. Usually I do not like to kick a team when they are down, but I hate the Jets. Rex talks all the time and all I heard all year was, "Two straight AFC games." Well that is over. Now it is "did not make the playoffs." The team has been an embarrassment. Always having issues and problems not related tp football. I am so glad they did not get the help they need again this year and did not make the playoffs.
The team is a mess. Holes all over the roster. I just read about Holmes getting called out by teammates in the huddle yesterday. Not good considering he's a captain. Bart Scott is apparently getting released. They have no run game, the QB blows, and no one worries about their defense anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #5256  
Old 01-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by labialover View Post
The team is a mess. Holes all over the roster. I just read about Holmes getting called out by teammates in the huddle yesterday. Not good considering he's a captain. Bart Scott is apparently getting released. They have no run game, the QB blows, and no one worries about their defense anymore.
I have a general opinion that holds true. Most nfl teams are a couple of good coaches, a positive attitude and a few players away from being a winner. Look at the 49ers.

The Jets are not that big a mess. They expected to be a good team and things did not workout. They picked up a few shark free agents. They need some new blood on the offensive line and their qb and RBs will do better. Their captain needs some time off and a talk. He will be back, but his game is down the field Sanchez was not given any time to throw it. They will get a new o coord. The players love the coach and maybe he needs some failure to succeed, but I doubt it. Too much and more like his dad. They need tO follow the giants and build through the draft. But by no means does this mean the team can't bounce back
Reply With Quote
  #5257  
Old 01-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
I am laughing at the Jets. Usually I do not like to kick a team when they are down, but I hate the Jets. Rex talks all the time and all I heard all year was, "Two straight AFC games." Well that is over. Now it is "did not make the playoffs." The team has been an embarrassment. Always having issues and problems not related tp football. I am so glad they did not get the help they need again this year and did not make the playoffs.
So... people can't say bad things about Tebow or celebrate when he loses.... but you can laugh at the Jets for sucking?

Oh and that final pass being an interception was hilarious. If Tebow was actually good maybe he would have avoided doing that.
Reply With Quote
  #5258  
Old 01-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
So... people can't say bad things about Tebow or celebrate when he loses.... but you can laugh at the Jets for sucking?

Oh and that final pass being an interception was hilarious. If Tebow was actually good maybe he would have avoided doing that.
I am sorry you cant discern the differences in both points and just looking for cause trouble. I never said Tebow was good. Tebow also never proclaimed that his team was the best and would win the Super Bowl during the lockout either. Good nights sweet prince
Reply With Quote
  #5259  
Old 01-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
So... people can't say bad things about Tebow or celebrate when he loses
Why not?
Reply With Quote
  #5260  
Old 01-07-2012, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
Why not?
Reply With Quote
  #5261  
Old 01-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Tim Tebow looked like a quarterback today. I haven't watched him all season . . . mostly highlights . . . but today, he was hitting his receivers (most of the time), and I think he was the main reason the Broncos will be in New England next weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #5262  
Old 01-08-2012, 08:20 PM
I am very happy. Not only dfid my Giants win, but ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuck Tim Tebow won a playoff game. Good for him. Fuck you to all the haters in the world. No, he is not a great QB, but he is very tough and very hard to take down and has the will to win. Ryan looked like a bitch at the end of the game and is 0-3 in playoff games. Romo is not a winner either. Both guys get all the praise and Tebow gets all the crap and look for won.

Next week when (if) they lose all the haters will be back talking smack. Making their stupid God jokes., but you can't take away what he has done.

Good job Tebow. Now go beat those Patriots. Very happy football day!
Reply With Quote
  #5263  
Old 01-08-2012, 10:01 PM
God, I love to win. NO better feeling in the world.
Reply With Quote
  #5264  
Old 01-08-2012, 10:02 PM
It's cool that the Patriots don't have to face the Steelers next week. And it's a shame that there's a Manning still in the playoffs, let's hope the Packers have their way with them next week.
Reply With Quote
  #5265  
Old 01-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
It's cool that the Patriots don't have to face the Steelers next week. And it's a shame that there's a Manning still in the playoffs, let's hope the Packers have their way with them next week.
Steelers are a flawed old and weak team. They were not going to win in Foxboro.

The Giants will probably lose, but they can win. And the Packers are a little more than concerned. I worry more about if the Giants have to play the Saints. One thing abiut football is emotions. The Giants believe they could beat the Packers. They believed they could beat the Patriots a few years ago and they did and that scared EVERYONE and don't believe anything else. The Giants are a scary team when they decide to show up and believe they can win. They would not feel that way against the Saints. But since you have been so right this year, the Broncos and Giants will prob win. Thanks for that
Reply With Quote
  #5266  
Old 01-09-2012, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
It's cool that the Patriots don't have to face the Steelers next week. And it's a shame that there's a Manning still in the playoffs, let's hope the Packers have their way with them next week.
Yeah, because they only have to face the team that beat the Steelers. A team that could have beaten the Pats if not for sloppy ball security. Biggest ratings of the NFL year next saturday outside of the superbowl, unless the Broncos are playing. *Fingers crossed*

<---homer
Reply With Quote
  #5267  
Old 01-09-2012, 04:08 PM

This is the first time since the Saints and 49'ers have not been in the same division that they are playing in a game that counts! Can't wait! How I miss that old rivalry. Brees should clean 'em up. I don't think the 49'ers are that great against the pass. And it's BREES!
Reply With Quote
  #5268  
Old 01-09-2012, 08:19 PM
"Hope they don't share the same shower because the Steelers just dropped the Head & Shoulders..."
Reply With Quote
  #5269  
Old 01-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guiltless View Post
This is the first time since the Saints and 49'ers have not been in the same division that they are playing in a game that counts! Can't wait! How I miss that old rivalry. Brees should clean 'em up. I don't think the 49'ers are that great against the pass. And it's BREES!
Good point. Forget about those years. Herbert.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBuff07 View Post
"Hope they don't share the same shower because the Steelers just dropped the Head & Shoulders..."
Cute
Reply With Quote
  #5270  
Old 01-15-2012, 03:37 AM
Now let's hope that quiets the Tebow talk until he's actually as good as people make him out to be.
Reply With Quote
  #5271  
Old 01-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Last night just showed that Tebow still has a long way to go. While the Broncos as a team didn't look impressive either, Tebow showed AGAIN that he has a lot of trouble with short, quick passes. Against the Steelers, he was able to throw the long ball; the Patriots took that away and therefore took away the passing game because, again, Tebow can't throw the short pass.

As far as the 49ers-Saints game, that was one of the greatest game I've ever seen. Obviously, the 4th quarter had a lot to do with that, but the first half was exciting, the 3rd quarter was tense with the whole Saints offense vs. 49ers defense coming full swing, and then the epic 4th quarter. Great game and great victory by the 49ers.
Reply With Quote
  #5272  
Old 01-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Divisional Round thoughts:

Saints/49ers: As bigred760 stated, it was one hell of a game. Props to both teams for putting on a clinic and congrats to San Fran for winning in such dramatic fashion.

Broncos/Patriots: New England put eveyone, including the media, back on planet Earth. Tebow is one of the most overrated NFL players I've ever seen. He's mediocre, at best, and there are plenty of other mediocre NFL quarterbacks who don't get 1/10th of the attention that this guy gets. Luck is one thing, and that's what Denver had for most of their season, and now their SuperBowl dreams are "In...com...pleeeete."

Texans/Ravens: Another great game that went down to the finish. Sometimes, it's actually fun to watch a defensive chess match. The Ravens showed that they're not the complete team yet but they win when they need to.

Giants/Packers: I'm still in shock. Not really that the Giants won but they won so decisively. Turnovers and dropped passes will kill any team, even the Packers. Despite a couple of very bad officiating calls, nothing could stop New York from pulling off the playoffs first upset win.

Looking into Championship weekend, it should be a couple of interesting games. Will the Patriots put on another clinic? Is that even possible against Baltimore's defense? I see a close game actually, well closer than last night's game. I give the edge to the home team Patriots. As for the NFC, that will be an even closer game I think. San Fran showed what they're made of but the Giants proved they can win big on the road. Again, I'll go with the home team 49ers.

Whew!
Reply With Quote
  #5273  
Old 01-15-2012, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
Broncos/Patriots: New England put eveyone, including the media, back on planet Earth. Tebow is one of the most overrated NFL players I've ever seen. He's mediocre, at best, and there are plenty of other mediocre NFL quarterbacks who don't get 1/10th of the attention that this guy gets. Luck is one thing, and that's what Denver had for most of their season, and now their SuperBowl dreams are "In...com...pleeeete."
I hope you get bitten by an AIDS spitting cobra.
Reply With Quote
  #5274  
Old 01-16-2012, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
Saints/49ers: As bigred760 stated, it was one hell of a game. Props to both teams for putting on a clinic and congrats to San Fran for winning in such dramatic fashion.

Broncos/Patriots: New England put eveyone, including the media, back on planet Earth. Tebow is one of the most overrated NFL players I've ever seen. He's mediocre, at best, and there are plenty of other mediocre NFL quarterbacks who don't get 1/10th of the attention that this guy gets. Luck is one thing, and that's what Denver had for most of their season, and now their SuperBowl dreams are "In...com...pleeeete."

Texans/Ravens: Another great game that went down to the finish. Sometimes, it's actually fun to watch a defensive chess match. The Ravens showed that they're not the complete team yet but they win when they need to.

Giants/Packers: I'm still in shock. Not really that the Giants won but they won so decisively. Turnovers and dropped passes will kill any team, even the Packers. Despite a couple of very bad officiating calls, nothing could stop New York from pulling off the playoffs first upset win.

Looking into Championship weekend, it should be a couple of interesting games. Will the Patriots put on another clinic? Is that even possible against Baltimore's defense? I see a close game actually, well closer than last night's game. I give the edge to the home team Patriots. As for the NFC, that will be an even closer game I think. San Fran showed what they're made of but the Giants proved they can win big on the road. Again, I'll go with the home team 49ers.

Whew!
Well said, my friend. The Giants may be a spoiler, but I think the 49er's can find a way to win. I also think the Pats will make another trip to the Superbowl.
Reply With Quote
  #5275  
Old 01-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Amazing how so many passing records were broken (Rodgers QB Rating, Brees yards and completion %) but at the end of the day, one thing remains true: the physical teams that play the best defense win games. The Niners beat the heck out of the Saints early on, and the Giants manhandled the Packers.

Screw ESPN and this whole "year of the quarterback" garbage. If you don't play D, don't knock people in the mouth, don't force turnovers, and can't be physical, you're going home early.
Reply With Quote
  #5276  
Old 01-16-2012, 12:16 PM
I hate the Giants so very much.....so very much. Eli Manning is easily my most hated player in the NFL. That bullshit throw up at the end of the first half changed everything...very disappointing. It was amazing in the first half 3rd down conversion after 3rd down conversion for New York. Many times Green Bay just sat back in zone and only rushed 3 defenders...its clear if you get a pass rusher in Manning's face he will not fail to just throw 3-4 floaters a game into the secondary just up for grabs...very frustrating to see the lack of pass rush from the Packers....I just became the biggest 9ers fan on the east coast...

Was really hoping to see a Brady Vs. Brees/Rodgers matchup in the big game...

In case you didn't catch it, I truly hate Eli Manning.

It would truly be awesome for Alex Smith and the 49ers to win next week, the adversity that Smith has gone through since being drafted is remarkable, 7 offensive coordinators in 7 seasons!? Kudos to Harbaugh for sticking with him and hopefully they pull out the W next week.

Last edited by AspectRatio1986; 01-16-2012 at 12:20 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5277  
Old 01-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBuff07 View Post
I hate the Giants so very much.....so very much. Eli Manning is easily my most hated player in the NFL. That bullshit throw up at the end of the first half changed everything...very disappointing. It was amazing in the first half 3rd down conversion after 3rd down conversion for New York. Many times Green Bay just sat back in zone and only rushed 3 defenders...its clear if you get a pass rusher in Manning's face he will not fail to just throw 3-4 floaters a game into the secondary just up for grabs...very frustrating to see the lack of pass rush from the Packers....I just became the biggest 9ers fan on the east coast...

Was really hoping to see a Brady Vs. Brees/Rodgers matchup in the big game...

In case you didn't catch it, I truly hate Eli Manning.

It would truly be awesome for Alex Smith and the 49ers to win next week, the adversity that Smith has gone through since being drafted is remarkable, 7 offensive coordinators in 7 seasons!? Kudos to Harbaugh for sticking with him and hopefully they pull out the W next week.
I get your passion...I do think it's a little unfair to give kudos to Smith but slam Eli's performance...the offensive coordinators didn't make Smith toss the lobs he did either.

That said, I'm no fan of Eli either...and yet, he's two wins away from getting 2 rings before his brother, Brees or Rodgers do. My goodness.
Reply With Quote
  #5278  
Old 01-16-2012, 03:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ska9KDSyjDQ

I just replayed the hail mary about 10 times on youtube...mind blowing to watch.

I'm pretty sure the Packers D is in some sort of 2 deep with man coverage underneath. It's clear (I believe) that the corners and MLB have "bandit" man coverage in which you allow the receiver to "appear" to beat you deep down the field. Obviously I didn't call the defensive play, but thats what it looked like to me. But in this coverage your supposed to attempt to stay close enough to make a play on the ball, which all 3 corners at the end of the play are a few strides behind the receiver and even some appear to be jogging at some point during the fly routes. Hard to believe the Pack went with this coverage and only allowed 2 safeties to be deep at the beginning of the play. And don't get me started on A.J. Hawk on this play...its clear he had Bradshaw in man to man, but look how completely useless he was on this pivotal play. If he would at least sell out and blitz and Bradshaw escapes out of the backfield and catches a screen the D has a shot to stop him short of the endzone or force him out of bounds for a field goal attempt. Instead (due to his assignment) completely covers grass, where he could have been a much needed 4th pass rusher.

Okay I've gone on enough about this one silly play...it was just outrageous to me at the time and I guess I just needed some closure lol. Lets go 9ers!
Reply With Quote
  #5279  
Old 01-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Enough about the hail mary. The Packers let Bradshaw run a sweep left and then cut back to the right for 22 yards on the play before. That's what screwed them. If they knew how to tackle or not overpursue (Giants definitely saw something in the scouting report, as they had a lot of success coming back right after a toss to the left) the hail mary never would've happened.

Hail mary was a solid play. Not luck. Hakeem Nicks is one of the 5 best receivers in football. He's gonna make plays like that.
Reply With Quote
  #5280  
Old 01-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Never said it was luck...I was pointing out that it was blown coverage and/or a sloppy defensive call. At the point of the jump ball there were 3 receivers and only 2 defensive backs...of course the odds of getting good jump ball position are in the offense's favor.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump