Old 01-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Old 01-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisoGenie View Post
So, like...a musician who sells primarily on sex-appeal and catchy tunes (about sexual promiscuity) thinks that she's a good Christian? This is just as irritating as those girls flashing their boobies on Girls Gone Wild with a cross between them.
Hey, if you've got it, flaunt it, no? Not all religious people are uptight, closed-minded uber-conservatives.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:02 PM
Old 01-15-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoojib127 View Post
Hey, if you've got it, flaunt it, no? Not all religious people are uptight, closed-minded uber-conservatives.
Yes, and I'm glad (because I am not a Christian and hope this conservative mentality will someday become a thing of the past; however, with *public figures* such as Newt Gingrich, it looks as if the nation may be in for a relapse, but I digress.) that things are not this way to that extent any longer, but for her to be the way she is and claim that she wants a "good, Christian boy" is just hypocritical IMO.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm okay with this poll. They only surveyed about one thousand people, by telephone, and of the 70some percent who were aware of the Tebow phenomenon, they answered the question phrased Do believe that any of Tim Tebow’s success can be attributed to Divine Intervention. So I can buy 43% of some seventy percent of some thousand people surveyed by telephone said they believed an undisclosed amount of Tebow's success can be attributed to divine intervention. I'm okay with that.

OR AM I
Old 01-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedMind View Post
Don't get mad at Tebow man. He is a humble guy who always deflects credit to his teammate. Get pissed at the Media, there the ones who wont stop talking about him.

What part of CO you live in?
Im in Denver, if you bartend downtown Ill have to come by for a drink.
I guess I should have blamed the media as they always blow everything out of proportion. Ah well. What can ya do?

I actually live in Fort Collins in Old Town...a block and a half away from New Belgium Brewery . Shoot me a PM if you're thinking about heading up this way. And yes, beers will be bought. Many beers...
Old 01-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Woah, woah, you two! JoBlo is a movie discussion Forum, not a dating website!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisoGenie View Post
Woah, woah, you two! JoBlo is a movie discussion Forum, not a dating website!
It's okay! I'm working on a script focusing on their passionate off-again on-again love affair. Can we get this thread moved to Upcoming Movies?
Old 01-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the clever guy View Post
I guess I should have blamed the media as they always blow everything out of proportion. Ah well. What can ya do?

I actually live in Fort Collins in Old Town...a block and a half away from New Belgium Brewery . Shoot me a PM if you're thinking about heading up this way. And yes, beers will be bought. Many beers...
Cool man, I dont really get up to that area very often, but Ill definitely stop by next time I do. I have yet to meet a fellow shmoe, gonna have to remedy that.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:57 AM
43% of Republicans? I wonder how many Democrats.

I don't hate Tim Tebow. I hate everyone's, especially the media's, obsession with him. He's not the first Christian to to play sports, to thank God after scoring a goal/TD/home run/whatever, nor is he the first to thank God during a press conference or awards show. He might be the one who flaunts his love of God and Jesus the most, however. Because of this, people praise the Lord every time he scores and/or the Broncos win . . . no matter how shitty his stats are, and they've been pretty bad. Every time he loses, they keep their mouths shut and the haters have their day to shine.

I'm sure Tebow is a great guy; I've read all the good things he does before football games, about his charity work, and meeting with fans. He seems like an all around cool, down-to-Earth guy. But the obsessive craziness that follows him everywhere he goes is simply sad.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
"I don't watch football anymore, I gave that up. I got tired of the interviews after the games, because the winning players always give credit to God, and the losers blame themselves. You know, just once I'd like to hear a player say, 'Yeah, we were in the game...until Jesus made me fumble. He hates our team.'" - Jeff Stilson
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Jeff_Stilson
Old 01-17-2012, 07:58 PM
My only opinion about Tebow is that if god was really helping him, than I think he would have Tebow complete more than 40% of his passes.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
Because of this, people praise the Lord every time he scores and/or the Broncos win . . . no matter how shitty his stats are, and they've been pretty bad. Every time he loses, they keep their mouths shut and the haters have their day to shine.
Yep. Both sides are pretty obnoxious. The haters are starting to annoy me a little more because they've completely ignored the kid's successes and instead nitpick at all of his shortcomings. For a rookie QB who wasn't expected to do much, he was critical in turning a doomed season completely around for the Broncos. He has surpassed expectations. I don't know why we can't agree that there may be something to this kid other than hype. He's not the most naturally gifted QB, for sure, but he's gotten quite a lot done with his limited abilities.

Then again, his successes are due to his effort and talents alone. No deity involved. I see no point in even arguing this.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. Hakari View Post
This is why I don't like sports.
??? Probably the silliest reason why to not like sports I have every heard. There are way more important things that can be taken out of sports. Maybe you mean pro sports.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
??? Probably the silliest reason why to not like sports I have every heard. There are way more important things that can be taken out of sports. Maybe you mean pro sports.
I think he was trying to say that he doesn't like sports because he doesn't share the enthusiasm for them that many people seem to show. Of course, this is a rather extreme example but I think he acknowledged that.