Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Upcoming Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Lana Lang has been cast!!!!!!!!!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Young...eel-28999.html

I'm excited for film. It can't come soon enough.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Soloist View Post
A VERY young Lana Lang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by project 86 View Post
Is the kid in the picture an actor? He looks familiar.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Makes me wanna throw up when I think about waiting another year and a half for this shit

Old 01-30-2012, 04:41 AM
^^^^^. I CAN'T wait to see this film on the big screen, hell even a trailer for the small screen.

This film has a lot to live up to and prove to us die hard Superman fans. Hopefully it's all balls to the wall action and will be the Batman Begins of Superman films, which I think has the potential to be AND more.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Filming Of Man Of Steel Officially Wraps Principal Photography
Quote:
On the eve of the 1 year anniversary of Henry being announced to play Superman, principal photography wrapped following filming Sunday at Edwards Air Force Base, and the film is in post! Feels like "yesterday" when it was starting! What a great ride it's been.
from MOS Facebook page
Old 01-30-2012, 11:11 PM
I want to see some Amy Adams as Lois Lane pics. Interested to see how she looks.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
I want to see some Amy Adams as Lois Lane pics. Interested to see how she looks.
Michelle Monaghan would have made for the perfect Lois Lane. I think they chose Adams because so the film can ride off her 'The Fighter' sucess.

Not a bad choice, it's just underwhelming casting. Like Hathaway in DKR.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:55 PM
dont see how it is underwhelming not 1 person even suggested her she is an out of the box choice imo

i think they cast he because she is a great actress with tons of range

snyder does'nt really cast people because they are popular
Old 01-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Michelle Monaghan would have made for the perfect Lois Lane. I think they chose Adams because so the film can ride off her 'The Fighter' sucess.
I think they chose Amy Adams because she's a great and proven actress. Her success isn't limited to The Fighter.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Not a bad choice, it's just underwhelming casting. Like Hathaway in DKR.
Yeah, both completely underwhelming. Just like Heath Ledger for The Joker, what were those casting directors thinking??
Old 01-31-2012, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Yeah, both completely underwhelming. Just like Heath Ledger for The Joker, what were those casting directors thinking??
Your nerd rage is strong when it comes to TDKR.
Maybe you should channel that energy into a superhero and fight online nerd crime.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedMind View Post
Maybe you should channel that energy into a superhero and fight online nerd crime.
Maybe, but I stand by my contention. Heath Ledger, Anne Hathaway, and Amy Adams are all acclaimed actors with Academy Award nominations. I think calling their casting in a comic book movie "underwhelming" is pretty strange.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:29 PM
^ you should see other boards where they think she is a horrible lois lane because she is the ancient age of 37 or because she has red hair

dont let 3 academy nominations get in the way lol
Old 01-31-2012, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Maybe, but I stand by my contention. Heath Ledger, Anne Hathaway, and Amy Adams are all acclaimed actors with Academy Award nominations. I think calling their casting in a comic book movie "underwhelming" is pretty strange.
I know right, Tommy Lee Jones as Two face worked out so well!
Old 01-31-2012, 10:57 PM
Quote:
I know right, Tommy Lee Jones as Two face worked out so well!
Joel Schumaker bastardized every single villain he touched. Casting is just a formality when the entire production exists just to sell action figures.

Last edited by DaveyJoeG; 01-31-2012 at 11:02 PM..
Old 01-31-2012, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Hilarious. Great line.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Just because they have Academy Awards doesn't automatically make them the best person for the role. Especially in comic book films.

Look at Hugh Jackman in X-Men, Christian Bale (who was Batman before he won for The Fighter) in Batman, Chris Evans in Captain America, and Downey Jr in Iron Man. All great actors who made the role entirely theirs and who were unknowns and were not all Academy Award winners at the time of their casting.

I mean Zack Snyder cast all unknowns for Watchmen and look at how great that turned out. The whole cast was pitch perfect with no Academy Award recognition to their names.

It helps, but never the first solution and/or choice.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Just because they have Academy Awards doesn't automatically make them the best person for the role. Especially in comic book films.
No, but it's a good indication that they're a good actor with the necessary range for a comic book film.

Quote:
Look at Hugh Jackman in X-Men, Christian Bale (who was Batman before he won for The Fighter) in Batman, Chris Evans in Captain America, and Downey Jr in Iron Man. All great actors who made the role entirely theirs and who were unknowns and were not all Academy Award winners at the time of their casting.
What does that have to do with my post? I don't care if they had awards or not, because I know that they had to nail their auditions to be cast. Awards just help with the concept that they are capable actors. The fact that Ledger, Hathaway, and Adams were cast proves that they gave the best auditions. It helps a whole lot when the director has proven that he knows and cares about the source material, like Nolan has.

Quote:
I mean Zack Snyder cast all unknowns for Watchmen and look at how great that turned out. The whole cast was pitch perfect with no Academy Award recognition to their names.
Except for Malin Akerman who was pretty bad. Jackie Earle Haley was not necessarily unknown, he was a child actor and just came off an Oscar nomination for Little Children. Billy Crudup has been an indie's darling since 1999 and was in the high profile films Big Fish and Mission Impossible 3. And we all made a point of knowing Carla Gugino after Sin City.

Having said that, I'd agree with you that they aren't well known to the mainstream movie-going audience. But I'd also have to say that that specific crowd is no more familiar with the Watchmen graphic novel than they are with the cast.

Quote:
It helps, but never the first solution and/or choice.
I didn't mean to imply that only award-winning actors should be cast in these films. In the 90s, most Oscar nominated/winning actors wouldn't be caught dead in a comic book film. Directors didn't care about the source material and were typically hired guns instructed to make something digestible by mainstream audiences so toys can be sold. I think the fact that some viewers can yawn when critically acclaimed actors are cast in super-hero films shows how far we've come with the genre.

Last edited by DaveyJoeG; 02-01-2012 at 12:02 AM..
Old 02-01-2012, 12:05 AM
i love amy for lois because she has the acting range

she is beautiful and can be sweet but also as the fighter showed she can be in your face tough which lois lane is
and is an older mature woman and not a girl like the last lois lane.

she brings credibility to the role and the project imo
Old 02-01-2012, 12:07 AM
Maybe we could all agree that she's a better pick than Kate Bosworth.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:23 AM
I am a big fan of Amy Adams, both looks and career wise. Lois Lane is a strong, independent woman. Adams has played strong, independent characters before and has been recognized for those performances. Amy Adams is perfect for the role. And anybody who thinks/argues that she's wrong for the role because she has red hair is a freakin' moron. It's dying her hair; I believe Adams (and Kate Bosworth for that matter) has done it before in other roles.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:05 AM
and just like lois lane amy adams is an army brat herself
Old 02-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
I am a big fan of Amy Adams, both looks and career wise. Lois Lane is a strong, independent woman. Adams has played strong, independent characters before and has been recognized for those performances. Amy Adams is perfect for the role. And anybody who thinks/argues that she's wrong for the role because she has red hair is a freakin' moron. It's dying her hair; I believe Adams (and Kate Bosworth for that matter) has done it before in other roles.

I also thought emily Blunt would have been a great, modern hard-working woman after her turn Devil Wears Prada. Even with the accent. I thought it would have been a bold choice, givng Lois a foreign accent.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
I also thought emily Blunt would have been a great, modern hard-working woman after her turn Devil Wears Prada. Even with the accent. I thought it would have been a bold choice, givng Lois a foreign accent.
I would have liked that more.

I just don't think Amy Adams looks like Lois Lane....until I see an official picture I guess.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:08 PM
amy is a better actress tho

blunt would not be a bold choice but an obvious choice same with rachael mcadams or even an olivia wilde i like that they went with an out of the box choice that no one thought of

same reason i love shannon for zod
Old 02-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Only 17 months to go, yes! But really, when do you think we'll get some kind of trailer? I'm thinking there will be a teaser this summer.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jz68 View Post
Only 17 months to go, yes! But really, when do you think we'll get some kind of trailer? I'm thinking there will be a teaser this summer.
Maybe in front of The Dark Knight Rises? They're both DC Comics properties, both superhero films, and both have Christopher Nolan involved.

Plus it woud be a great way to promote the film in front of one of the BIGGEST (if not biggest) films of the year.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:28 AM
I could see Emily Blunt as Lane. I don't know why she'd keep the British accent; I believe she's done movies with an American accent before (Adjustment Bureau?).
Old 02-02-2012, 08:41 AM
They might be trying to make Lois less of a cold, stuck up bitch in this new version.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:25 AM
EXCLUSIVE: Leaked Superman: Man of Steel Poster!

Thanks to an anonymous scooper, we've gotten our hands on one of the first posters from next year's DC Comics reboot Superman: Man of Steel, directed by Zack Snyder and starring Henry Cavill as mild mannered reporter, Clark Kent. In this one-sheet, the first we've seen of it's kind, Superman faces off against an army of Helicopters, a shadowy Zod (Michael Shannon) and what looks to be a robot, of which we've heard little about. This is by no means an official poster that we can verify, and may not even find its way into a theater, but it's clearly real, and could be one of many.
- http://www.movieweb.com/news/exclusi...f-steel-poster

Old 02-05-2012, 08:40 AM
No way that's real. It looks awful.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:58 AM
i hope that isnt real.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Must say, it looks pretty real to me. The logo is the only thing that looks particularly terrible. Plus, I presume this is just the teaser poster...
Old 02-05-2012, 11:51 AM
I don't think its real, I'm expecting a very simple teaser poster like Superman Returns

Old 02-05-2012, 01:20 PM
The disgusting looking logo, the retarded silhouettes in the distance, the cheesy helecoptors, the terrible photoshop on the plane and the hilariously bad face in the clouds are just some hints to me that it's complete and utter bullshit.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Don't know if the poster is real or photoshopped, but I do like the logo that is on the poster.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:30 AM
We need to see a trailer or teaser or...ANYTHING for this movie. I am dieing to see what this movie is going to look like.

Maybe in front of The Avengers or more likely Dark Knight Rises.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
We need to see a trailer or teaser or...ANYTHING for this movie. I am dieing to see what this movie is going to look like.

Maybe in front of The Avengers or more likely Dark Knight Rises.
It doesn't come out until 2013, so the most we'll probably see is the same thing we got from the teaser of Superman Returns. And it'll definitely be in front of The Dark Knight Rises.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:59 PM
I think were definitely gonna get something bold and beefy - something to really wow the audience in form of a teaser trailer. Just think how long ago they started shooting already, they have all the material they need and I'm sure Snyder knows its key to have a killer teaser in front of one of the most anticipated movies of all time in The Dark Knight Rises. I can't wait to see what were in for when I sit down to that midnight screening...
Old 03-29-2012, 08:46 PM
The official logo has been revealed.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/dar...-man-of-steel/